Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 106 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Room for one more? (Kyte) Vote_lcapRoom for one more? (Kyte) Voting_barRoom for one more? (Kyte) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Room for one more? (Kyte) Vote_lcapRoom for one more? (Kyte) Voting_barRoom for one more? (Kyte) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Room for one more? (Kyte)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Room for one more? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Well, no more stalling.  

Rose had been hesitant to look into it, but it was high time she started looking for a place to actually earn a living instead of manipulating fate and accepting handouts.  She needed income, and she needed something to do besides spending all day at home.  Two options stood out in her mind; the Sconehenge where Ally worked, and Sol's bar and grill.  If it was true that finding good work wasn't what you know as much as who you know, then her connections in both places made sure that she would find somewhere to turn.

And so we find our Rose staring at the interesting and lengthy agreement at the Sconehenge's front door, carefully reading every line.  It seemed to be safe and fair, designed to ensure the wellbeing of customers and employees alike.  Upon satisfactory inspection, she opened the door to carefully check the back of the paper to ensure there was nothing hidden on the backside of it, and entered to take a look around.  

Wow, quite a nice atmosphere; one that Rose took in slowly as she stepped in just to stare for a brief moment.  The it was back to business and her eyes scanned for someone that looked like they owned the place, or at least worked here.

Last edited by Kardus on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 10:56 pm

The agreement wasn't physical paper; rather it was virtual like a Heads-Up Display in a video game, with an accompanying scroll bar and buttons to accept or not to accept. Nevertheless, she was able to look at the back of it freely and would find no damning content on the back of it. Unless you considered little Steve stickers damning.

As usual, when someone wandered into the Sconehenge looking for a job, Cain was sat in the middle with a table, one other chair on the other side for Rose to sit in. She smiled brightly and waved to her. "Welcome Rose! Please, come take a seat! I'll comp anything you order on the menu. I'm Cain. It's nice to meet you!" She twirled a finger and the seat would move out to be more accessible for Rose. Cain was wearing one of her flamboyant garbs again, this time it seemed to be akin to a cosplay of Esdeath from Akame ga Kill. "So, what would you like?"

Cain as Esdeath:
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Well it didn't take long for Rose to lock eyes to someone of interest; a vibrantly haired woman calling Rose's name with a wave and a smile.  Rose responded in kind with a wave and a smile, her brow furrowing only in the slightest as she to a few steps forwards.  She would comp anything ordered on the menu?  What was comp short for?  

Rose didn't think about it for very long before she realized she was asking herself the wrong question.  How did this woman know her name?  Rose stopped just short of sitting down, one hand already on the back of the seat by the time she realized that should concern her.  There was a slight shift an expression, a gradual hesitance, a few dots being put together.  

Her head turned back to the door and she tried not to assume the worst.  Magic territory?  Her heart sped up at the idea of the possibility of entering somewhere very dangerous.  

That is not a comforting thought.  Yet she kept her composure, doing as she did best in keeping herself from assuming the worst.  It was a little to late to worry about those kinds of things now.  If someone wanted to hurt her it was a bit too late to stop that.  And so, keeping her composure, Rose took a deep relaxing breath as she watched the door.  Her eyes returned to Cain and she smiled through the sound of her heart pounding in her ears.  She kept her thoughts to herself and took a seat across from Cain, assuming her to be the owner after that entrance.

Trust issues?  Maybe so; but it runs in the family.  It's to be expected.  Wait, what was happening again?  What would she like?  Rose almost forgot the last question directed at her, and took longer than normal to respond.  Blinking her eyes again to snap back into a situational awareness, they fixated on the drink selection of the menu.  "Cherry coke, please." she typed into her phone app and hit play, prompting the device to vocalize the message. She was starting to get adicted to these sweet drinks.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 1:41 am

She smiled lightly as Rose went through all those thoughts in her head. It wasn't as if she were intentionally prying; she just knew what she was thinking after all. If she was this frightened of her, then she had the right to know that Cain meant her no harm. "Relax, Rose. You're well-versed in the realms of magic and the like. I am a Lord of Order. I replaced Kharma Kharmeleon. This little shop is my realm, so to speak. It is present on a few hundred thousand universes simultaneously. And we're expanding!"

A glass would appear in front of Rose as soon as she used the app to voice it. And it filled with the beverage of her choosing. "And particularly in my realm, I know everyone's thoughts in it and the area around me. I don't usually share that fact with my customers on account of making them uncomfortable... but you have a very mature air about you, Rose. I trust the information isn't overly concerning."

A plate of carrot cake, fresh, appeared before Cain, and she took a small bite with a smile. "That being said, I would never do anything to hurt you. So, what is it you came here for?" It was a strange idea that someone who could read your mind would still ask you a question and communicate with you... but she didn't want anyone to feel like that level of communication had been taken away from them.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 pm

Rose's pink hued eyes lifted once more to the woman before her, taking in a greater understanding of who it was that sat across from her.  She was a Lord of Order, which Rose recognized as a native cosmic entity.  This was indeed her realm, her "magic territory" so to speak, sounding to be split into multiple iterations across different universes.  What could they be for?  Observation posts?  As Rose's eyes drifted to the glass that appeared before her, the magic properties of the realm was again demonstrated as she watched the glass fill.  Cain's power here was quite clear, and in those moments of realization she had considered what kinds of things were possible here.  She remembered a proverb, one that was adopted very closely: "Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who is able to destroy both body and soul."  

She could not help but feel the many eyes watching her as she picked up the glass of cola, but she refused to let them concern her any more than the pair of green eyes ahead of her.  She would not give the signal; the flesh would not be rended.  Cain had not been foreseen, but she was here now and will be understood.  If this being was a lord of order, then she was predictable and fair.  Rose was only in danger if she put herself in danger.  Put the knives away.  

With the emergency response subsided, Rose was left with only the usual lingering observance.  The panic was gone.  Relax; be at peace.  It was at this moment that Rose blinked, realizing she had been staring at a spot on the table in silence for what had felt like a long time as she dwelt within her own thoughts.  How long had she zoned out of reality for?  Thirty seconds?  A minute?  How much of what Cain had said had she completely missed?  Her blinking orbs lifted back to Cain's, then turned left and up along the walls of the diner, grounding herself on the physical atmosphere.  The shift in gaze proceeded a deeper, meditative breath.  Relax.  

Yes of course; this was probably somewhat concerning for her host to witness.  It's just that Rose had come looking for a place to earn a stable income and got a little more than she expected.  The idea of a magic realm, cosmic powers, and having her mind read was quite familiar to Rose.  This was just the first time it was under someone Rose didn't know.  

The good news was, Rose didn't have to explain anything or try to come up with a way to communicate anymore.  It was a relief now, knowing that Cain could read her thoughts.  She didn't have to type anything up or repeat her thoughts again in a verbal form.  Everything was already laid out.  Knowing this, Rose could smile to Cain in a more relaxed manner and wait patiently for a response.  There was no need to speak when-

Really?  Was it polite?  There was no one else to-

Oh very well.  With a sigh and a roll of her eyes, Rose went ahead and typed out her answer on her phone.  It was so unnecessary since Cain already knew; but still Rose typed it out and pressed play on her text-to-speech app.

"I came looking for employment; trying to find somewhere I can work in town with my speech problem."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 7:35 pm

Cain would snack on her carrot cake and sip her Thai iced tea for what felt like two months and two weeks before finally responding to Charlotte. That long silence might be unnerving, but she had some things to attend to across the multiverse simultaneously. It was all okay, probably.

She knew all of the thoughts that Charlotte was having about the predicament. But she didn't think it would be fair to address every single one that rolled through... even if Charlotte knew that Cain could hear every last bit of it. But! It was time to answer Charlotte's question finally. "I would love to help you out, Charlotte! I'll have to ask you a few questions, of course. If you wouldn't like to speak to customers or interact with them, then you could work in the arcade. There will still be plenty of people around, but you shouldn't generally have to interact with them. You would just be running the tokens shop, or making sure everyone is enjoying themselves, something like that. How does that sound to you?"
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Charlotte gave a soft smile to the polite woman and nodded at her second statement. Questions were fine, she was comfortable accepting any that Cain may have. It had come across Charlotte's mind that perhaps Cain would like to know more about the situation, and she was prepared to give a few answers.

Running an arcade? Charlotte had expected from what she'd heard of the place that most positions were waitresses or bartenders. The idea of running the arcade had never crossed her mind, and she had no idea what to expect from it. A look of perplexity and thinking arose on her face as she considered that, her first thoughts being that it didn't sound terrible by any means. Charlotte would soon make eye contact with Cain again and nod before typing out on her phone again.

"Yes, it sounds fine to me. Whatever would be of the most help to you."

It did occur to Charlotte that she seemed to have given off the impression that she didn't like to talk to people. That wasn't really the case so much as it was just a hassle to have to take so long typing out sentences instead of speaking them.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 12:47 am

Cain knew that she was thinking about whether she had given the wrong impression or not, but Cain knew better. She just figured it would be easier and less strenuous for Charlotte if she had to use that phone as little as possible. "Great! I think you would like the arcade counter the most, but you can ask for something else if you think you would like it more. You'll find it's quite easy to work with me, as long as you're honest!"

A message popped up in the HUD next to Cain. She glanced at it briefly, and then glyphs would begin responding for her. She minimized it so it wasn't too distracting with a smile. "I couldn't help but notice you were going to lash out with some foul magicks earlier when I revealed myself to you. I know it was in defense. But I thought you should know that literally, nothing can hurt you inside the premises of the shop as long as you do not cause harm to anyone else. I could bend that rule, of course, but I don't have a need to hurt anyone as the shop will remove them if they wish to cause an issue with me or my employees."

She paused, trying to put in order all of the relevant information. "I'm abundantly transparent with the wages here. In America, they like to keep everyone's wage secret. They even make it seem illegal to reveal it. I could delve into the politics of informational asymmetry here- but suffice it to say, you will make the same as everyone else unless you get a pay increase. Currently, I am paying every server that works in both locations $40 dollars an hour." She took a moment for another bite of cake and another sip of tea, expecting questions.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Charlotte smiled at Cain and nodded to the idea of working the arcade. She didn't mind where she started too much as long as it gave her opportunities to see what other positions there were. It felt really nice to knew she could simply talk to Cain if she wanted a change. The smile on her face faded, however, when the mention of being targeted with offensive magics; distant weapons that were never fired but nevertheless were aimed. Her eyes lowered as Cain made the most natural assumption as to who those spells were aimed at. Her words made Charlotte think; did the protections of this establishment prevent self harm? For it was not Cain's link to this world that would have been attacked and severed.

"Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear the one who is able to destroy both body and soul."

It seemed that those wielding the knives had been prepared to turn them on their own kin. They would have ripped open the puppet in order to steal the hand controlling it. Why? Paranoia perhaps. Someone was obsessed with the preservation of immortal souls, and didn't like the idea of someone having the chance to touch Charlotte's. Perhaps someone had one too many terrible past experiences.

Charlotte's eyes lifted as her thoughts diverted back to the issues of wages. She listened attentively to the rationality of Cain's attitude, which for some reason was quite refreshing. The wages she offered also seemed... Wait, that couldn't be right. $40 per hour? That was ludicrously high. Charlotte furrowed her brow with a look of surprised confusion thinking about that math. Even if it was twice the work of one job, that's still $20 per hour at each position. For a job that sounded so easy that was indeed generous.

That's true. It could be due to little to no overhead operating costs. With magic involved, she may have little else to do with all the money the establishment made. Actually, what DID Cain do with the money she earned? Charlotte's eyes re-focused on her host for a brief moment before typing again.

"How are you able to pay so well?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 1:59 pm

Cain smiled as she read all the thoughts that Charlotte had about the no harm policy. She didn't want to find out, and she didn't see the need to explain it to Charlotte out of context, but whatever entities were preparing to cast the spell on her would have suffered the pain, not Charlotte herself. If something else was casting the magic, naturally it wouldn't have been a situation of self-harm.

Rather, Charlotte asked her how she was able to pay her employees so well. "That's a great question, Charlotte! I really don't need anything more than operating costs for this place, and due to how popular the cafe is, I can afford to pay you very well. In respect of that, however, I have a no-tipping policy in force. Everyone that works here is to refuse tips. Forcing math on our customers doesn't work so well... and as you might suspect, yes, the reason for that might be a bit more liberal than others think. Any currencies a person has is monetized inside the Sconehenge as soon as they accept the terms and conditions, and payment is withdrawn automatically when they purchase an item."

"We have another location in Steel City now, and it's become almost as popular as it is here in Jump. It is functionally the same location, and you can travel between the two cities if you ever need to. But considering that means twice the amount of customers inside an arguably infinite space, you can decide whether you want to work at one location or both of them. That's why $40 dollars an hour is available to you if you work in both locations, and $20 dollars an hour if you work in one."
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 3:28 pm

A no tipping policy? That sounded perfectly reasonable, and easy to enforce with the way money was handled here. It all seemed like a very nice arrangement to Charlotte and she nodded in acceptance of the rates. Now she began to think about if she wanted to work at one location or two? Twenty bucks an hour should be plenty to pay the bills even at a part time rate, and she didn't think she needed more than that. Her needs would be met either way, and so the question turned to ask "What was most useful to keep Sconehenge properly staffed?" With this in mind, she typed the question out.

"I don't yet have a preference, so whatever you need right now to stay staffed is good to start."

Charlotte assumed that working arrangements could be adjusted based on the establishment's needs and her own capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 8:42 pm

Cain smiled brightly when Charlotte said that she would fill whatever position that Cain needed most. She nodded to her. "I'm happy to hear it! I think I'll put you in the arcade for now. You'll just be giving prizes to the customers for the tickets that they earn. The tokens should work just like the currencies brought into the cafe, so they shouldn't be able to cheat you. It should automatically null any prize they want that is out of their budget, but if you want to look at their amount of tokens yourself, the shop should show you as an employee."

"I should also mention that since we have a location both in Jump and Steel City, you can travel between both freely using this shop. It normally involves a membership fee, but it's free for you."
She stood from the table. "Do you want to know how everything works?"
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 pm

So far everything sounded just fine, and Charlotte nodded with a grin as she stood with Cain in response to her question. She also noted that it was pretty eat Cain could just link up Jump and Steel city like this. She must make a killing from the convenience. Were they the only fast-travel system she had installed so far?

And so Charlotte was left listening to a lecture from aunt Caroline about international travel laws, regulations, the impact of introducing rapid advancements to a primitive culture, and the potential economic impact of a widespread network of instant transportation. Seemed someone had given this a lot of consideration already. Trying not to get distracted by the flood of information, she kept her eyes trained on Cain to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 1:15 am

Cain smiled and led Charlotte to the kitchen. "Every one of the items on the menu is made fresh, and then, whether they are cold or hot, they are put into stasis to keep both their temperature and their flavor integrity. When a customer orders the item, it's then taken out to them immediately by the shop itself. You're welcome to come and help with the food prep any time you want, as long as you follow my directions~."

Cain would answer any questions Charlotte might have about the process before leading her to the back. There, she would see the employee bathrooms, and everything was kept clean. She also saw a wardrobe with a screen selector of pretty much every outfit she could think of that was legal to wear. "You can use this wardrobe here to change into cosplays or outfits of your choosing. If you put one on, the clothes you're wearing will be replaced with the clothes you selected, and your clothes will be cleaned for when your shift ends."

She smiled down at her and, after any questions she might have, said, "If you want to take time off, or you're sick, just call me and notify me so that I know where you are and if you're safe. I'll be fine with you taking some time off whenever you want as long as you don't lie to me."
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Charlotte followed eagerly and curiously as the lord of order showed off her humble domain. What seemed humble at first, though, was shown to be run with some very sophisticated magics. The first impressive feature was the perfect combination of the perks between fast food and sit down diners; hot food made ahead of time and kept perfectly preserved. Stasis magic was no joke, and no doubt there were way better things to do with it than keep food hot and delicious. To use it for this must mean it was a feat of absolute trivial nature. Charlotte already considered helping with the cooking not only to earn some hours and help around, but also to hone her cooking skills.

Then the wardrobe features were shown, and more and more Charlotte began to feel like she was visiting aunt Caroline. Both her and Cain were female authoritarian figures, generous, hospitable, lawful and understanding, and with seemingly absolute power within their domain. Instead of feeling amazed or impressed like some others might, Charlotte was feeling more and more safe and at home. It was like being with a family member.

She smiled and started to flip through the available options. There was a lot of variety, from silly, to cute, to outfits that pushed the legal limit for public wear. She began to wonder what the other employees usually wore. Without tipping being a factor to encourage certain dressing habits, it would really come down to personal preference wouldn't it? Based on how much time she was spending looking at certain outfits, Charlotte seemed to lean towards things that were cute and pretty.

The last thing Cain had to say not only sounded perfectly reasonable, it sounded more than fair. Taking time off whenever you wanted as long as you were honest about why? That sounded like something easily exploitable that Charlotte really didn't want to take full advantage of. She knew enough to know you couldn't get away with that everywhere, and decided right now she would do her best not to abuse that gift. No questions seemed to come to Charlotte's mind, and she nodded at the request not to lie to Cain and started to type on her phone.

"I promise if I no-call no-show, it's either due to an honest mistake like oversleeping, or I've been killed or kidnapped."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room for one more? (Kyte)   Room for one more? (Kyte) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Room for one more? (Kyte)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next