Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Rico Caelum (Karma) Vote_lcapRico Caelum (Karma) Voting_barRico Caelum (Karma) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Rico Caelum (Karma) Vote_lcapRico Caelum (Karma) Voting_barRico Caelum (Karma) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Rico Caelum (Karma)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Rico Caelum (Karma) Empty
PostSubject: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 2:46 am

"Please. If I beat college, I can sure as hell crush you."

Rico Caelum

Rico Caelum (Karma) Oshino.Shinobu.full.1040861

«««IDENTITY»»»

Full Name: Rico Lynn Caelum
Nickname(s): N/A
Codename: Karma
Alias(es): None
Race: Unknown. Half Sin, half Lord of Chaos
Affiliation: Neutral Good

«««PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION»»»

Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Crystal blue
Height: 5'
Weight: 105 lbs
Other Traits: She has a bit of a confident air about her. She's learned a lot over the last few years and she does pride herself on it. She wears her longer blonde hair now in a twist to the side, and wears a purple and pink color scheme. She usually wears a purple zip up jacket over a black top, and a black skirt with black leggings and pink shoes. However if she's going to get in trouble she usually prefers pants.

«««SKILL SET»»»

Powers: Mimicry- Rico has begun to mature, and when your father's the embodiment of one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and your biological mother is a Lord of Chaos, there's no telling what you'll be able to do. But she has developed the ability to copy any ability she sees, and due to the reality-altering powers her mother, Shivering Jemmy possessed, it seems to take on whatever laws she has an understanding of. With her intelligence these laws can be pretty close to how the actual power works, but Rico cannot make up her own laws for it. Her mimicked power works by whatever rules she is convinced it does.

This power can only be adopted with a clear line of sight to the person, and she can only have one power at any given time.

(Sub) Combat Prowess- Rico was taught all forms of combat by her father, and has extensive training still in every kind of firearm. She is considered a step or two under the skill level of mastery in all forms of combat.

(Sub) Sinful Tenacity- Something Rico has gotten from the Sin side of her heritage, Rico can enter a state of calm and go into a coma for six hour periods. During these periods, she recuperates from injury at a very enhanced rate, and no longer requires oxygen. Essentially, any amount of damage can be recovered this way. Her healing factor is normal while she is conscious. If factors are present that make her unable to wake up without likely dying, she can remain in that state for a conscious amount of time after six hours.

Skills: She is very intelligent, especially in comparison to other humans her age. She has completed a four-year college degree in forensic science and mechanical engineering, and passed every single one of her education classes throughout the years with no less than 100%, always able to effectively teach others. She can think much more quickly and fluidly than most people. She is also a stunning acrobat, and athletic. She has uncanny flexibility, and could pursue a career as a ballerina or an Olympic medalist if she wanted. Her flexibility is useful for turning restraints into much easier things to deal with. She is also now a skilled mechanical engineer.

She also speaks English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.

Physical Weaknesses: Unless she's mimicked a power that's able to do so, she has no physical defenses. She is squishy.

Just because she can recover from any injury while she sleeps, it leaves her very vulnerable to abduction, and there are plenty of ways to restrain her to where she'll need some assistance.

Her power can only be as broken as yours is. If a character has an ability to shoot fire at varying temperatures, and she only sees one spout of fire, she's not brazen enough to believe, "Oh, it can probably get as hot as the sun." If she can't measure the fire by seeing what it can do, she'll just assume that it is as hot as normal fire, because that's all she can assume. She can't just "assume" a super strength doubles as durability, for example.

In a sick twist of logic, this power could probably be used to frightening potential if she had a childlike mind.

Mental Weaknesses: She has a need ever since from the time she was dropped in the orphanage to make her father proud. It's a bit of a compulsion. She's learning to deal with it but she's an over-achiever, and while she has achieved a lot, messing up at something can be daunting for her. She also has a mental tick where if you disrespect her father, she gets very upset.

Equipment:

Rico Caelum (Karma) Latest?cb=20080424220315

Rico carries a heavily modified magnum dubbed Azur designed to fire two rounds at the same time from each barrel. Its modifications allow it to be capable of firing nonlethal ammunition, such as rubber shots. Other than this, if she wants a weapon, she usually gets one from the environment.

«««CEREBRAL PROFILE»»»

Personality: Rico is usually a very happy and cheery individual. She likes to make friends, because she's never had a lot of them, and she cherishes them. She wants to help people, because her father told her to do whatever she wanted. She's done a lot of that already and it seems to be working out for her just fine, so she's continuing to pursue it.

Strengths: Rico is very determined, always willing to see a problem through to the end. She's very intelligent, able to do college level work without much of a fuss, and always willing to do hard work for what she wants.

Interests/Habits: Her family, science, mathematics, history, linguistics, anything she can learn really. Snow, beaches, and anything she can have some fun with.

«««PERSONAL BACKGROUND»»»

Family Members: Wrath, the Acrimonious (Father), Rain Bow (Legal mother, deceased), Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade (Mother)
Place of Origin: Jump City
History: Thousands of years ago, Shivering Jemmy bestowed a curse upon the demon Kyte Avytrius. She gave him the emotion of love, but only did so with the intention of eventually crushing his heart.

Ten years ago, a beautiful woman seduced Kyte. Though Kyte never saw this woman again, she gave birth to a child, Rico. The woman was actually Shivering Jemmy, who had taken on the physical form of a woman for this purpose. She planned to use Kyte’s own daughter to manipulate and blackmail him, to teach him how to suffer.

Jemmy brought baby Rico to an orphanage, leaving only the girl’s full name. The girl grew up, discovering her abilities. She felt different from the other children, and developed a love for violence. She snuck out from time to time to meet with an old army veteran, who taught her how to use firearms. When she broke the arm of another child without the slightest hint of regret, the orphanage didn’t know how to handle her anymore, and tried to contact a government agency to take care of her from that point on. They were too late. Rico ran away from the orphanage to seek out her father, with nothing but her unusual last name and her magical sensory to lead her.

Rico was finally able to meet her father in Jump City, and just as Shivering Jemmy had always intended, Kyte came to love her as a daughter. She found a mother in his spouse, Rain Bow, which she always thought was a tacky name. At first she did not like Rain in the slightest. But she grew to love her as well, and was ecstatic to finally have a family to call her own. Before long, Kyte's relatives, the Seven Deadly Sins, became involved. While she was at a friend's house, her mother was kidnapped and murdered by Greed. Kyte immediately sent her off to Yang Xiao Long, former Titan, who had retreated back to Japan after the fall of Titans Tower. She spent much time there, learning what she could, but eventually decided to return against her father's wishes. She felt like she was the only thing that could pull him back.
Sample rp:

Last edited by Sterling on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am

Very interesting character and idea, but this is incredibly strong. We need to work on some drawbacks here. Ways from her to lose the powers after she gets them. Things like that. Maybe add some weaknesses here. As is, she could potentially have stronger versions of every single power on the site with zero weaknesses.

I also want to talk about the fact that she gets the power as she understands it. This worries me because it strikes me as something very abusable. Can you put an upper limit on this? I could totally see shenanigans with this that give her powers stronger than we allow.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Yes, yes, my apologies. I was posting this late last night when I was tired and just trying to get it done. I guess somewhere along the line I should have put WIP. I also forgot that there's no official weaknesses section anymore, so when I saw physical and mental weaknesses I only put the basics. Again, my sincerest apologies.

I have edited the template in the areas you deem necessary.

As for your concerns on how her ability works, I have edited in some detail. It works with line of sight, she can only have one ability at any given time, and she has that ability until she sees another one in action and copies it.

In addition to this, I was going to make a completely separate thread that's linked to and back from this one, where I will keep track of whatever ability she is using. I will keep any other abilities she's copied there so that moderators and members have consistent access to the abilities to see just how she has copied them, and it will be updated as she figures more of the power out by watching the person use it.

On that note, Rico's intelligence perhaps seems a little daunting, but it's there for a reason. She has a good understanding of how the world works. Let's say somebody has the power to make fire and use it on different levels of heat and shape. But if she only sees a fireball at a certain temperature that she can determine, that's all she can copy.

At the same time, if she can't determine how much heat she uses, she won't just say, "Oh, so it can get as hot as the sun." If she sees one spout of fire that she can't measure (By what it melted, etc.), she has to believe it's only a low temperature fire.

I hope this clears up most of the issues.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 3:19 pm

So, I'm understanding that when she copies a power she has it forever?
If that is the case, I don't think I can approve this. If she can only copy powers she's seen that's fine. Maybe she can carry the one she last used into the next thread if you keep an up to date tab on what she has. Using any power she's seen whenever she wants is crossing too many lines, though. It practically makes certain that in every fight she will have an advantage. (She has water powers to fight fire, mind powers to fight durability, etc.)

On top of that, it doesn't say how long it would take for her to switch between powers, so I can only assume its as she wants. This would mean she has access to an unlimited amount of powers but can only use one at a time. I don't think that can fly.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:42 pm

To reclarify as per our conversation, Rico keeps the one power, and has it until she copies another one. The thread that I will be posting after Rico goes through the approval process will merely be to keep track so that there won't be multiple layers of pages for every power she copied, but she can't freely switch between them. It's more for my benefit.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Rico Caelum (Karma) F5a15541-85e3-400c-83a1-bde993fafd3e_zps7fw2gzdx
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Rico Caelum (Karma) Kylo_r10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rico Caelum (Karma)   Rico Caelum (Karma) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rico Caelum (Karma)
Page 1 of 1