Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 110 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_lcapShould Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Voting_barShould Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_rcap 
Moon
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_lcapShould Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Voting_barShould Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]

Go down 
+3
Megalomaniac
Izzy
Energy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Cannons Be Brought Back
Yes
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_lcap44%Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
No
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_lcap38%Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
I'm okay either way.
Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_lcap18%Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Okay so beneath the staff troll bridge we have been talking about Cannon characters. Rather than just talking about it about ourselves under our bridge it has been agreed on to post this poll where you all can see pros and cons and points that are for and against the cannon characters and then vote if you all want them back/allowed to come back again or not. This is being brought to you all because of the fact that you all are what make the site and this effects the site you all should be involved in this discussion. So Without further ado, the pros and cons. Feel free to talk and share your own thoughts below for those who haven't voted yet.

Pros/Reasons to say yes:

• Members who want their cannon characters that they may have had  in the preboot that was their main can have them again.
  • We can finally come up with what the vanishing was and put that part to a close.
  • This can be mainly to allow cannons to come back for those who want to play them.
  • It's a teen titans site so its weird not having any canon characters at all from the dc world being around.

Cons/Reasons to say no:

• The vanishing explains it perfectly why they are gone so we can leave it at that rather than come up with a reason why they are back or another reason for them to vanish again.
  • Cannons will only be allowed to be played by the best people who show that they can rp them right and there might be a whole new set of rules for them to make things run smoothly with them.
  • Not many people are saying that they want them back.
  • If a member goes inactive and controls a cannon character it can cause confusion and complicated issues. (Which is something that would have to be covered in their own set of rules.)

Last edited by Energy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Generously put, this is pretty pointless. We don't need canons to be present, because everything that has recently happened in the DC Universe puts that a little off track.

Lets pretend, however, that we're ignoring the multiverse events that have happened since the vanishing. Suddenly, our Titans have a serious issue going with the other Titans. Yang BUILT the new tower, her friends live in it. Do you think that'll go well with the others?

Or how about HIVE? How happy would BROTHER FREAKING BLOOD be to find out that his school was taken over and turned into a joke? Not very. The only ones who would be happy about this would be the T.A.L.O.N. team. Speaking of which, our broken off country, run by a guy who isn't even here anymore, would now have to contend with the one guy who wants, above almost everything else, for the country to stand united. The man of steel.

At no point does anyone want to look Superman in the eye and tell him no. Finally, why even bother? The vanishing gives us an excuse as to where the characters of people who left have gone. They vanished. It's a simple out and one that we shouldn't throw away for something that not many people want.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Yes. It's not so much that they SHOULD come back, it's more... as it was mentioned, weird that this is a TT forum with no titans. At all. It could be another nameless DC heroes site if not for the fact the "main" titans live in a giant T. I typically don't like picking up canons, but there are a few that I would consider picking up for nostalgia's sake and stuff. Blackfire, Slade, Robin- just to name a few. Heck I might take a swing at Gizmo or Billy xD

On the flipside- let's pause for a moment to understand the scale of what would be required to explain their coming back. Trigon. A TRANSDIMENSIONAL DEMON GOD MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHED. Now obviously that doesn't mean he could just jump from dimension to dimension freely- he needed Raven before he could get to Earth. But he DID destroy Azeroth without her. Soooo let's just continue with the fact he's still a DEMON GOD. How do you explain how he vanished and STAYED vanished for so long? I mean, that would be an interesting plot point that Trigon was the result of everyone getting free and stuff.

No matter.

Now the OTHER problem I see is... CHARACTER LIMIT. Many of the active members here have by now reached their max number of characters, or are on the way to getting that last character. This would either require another "special" character slot, another character slot, or NO character limit at all.

And that is my input on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Megalomaniac wrote:
A TRANSDIMENSIONAL DEMON GOD MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHED.

I'd like to take this time to note that Dar and I ran into this small problem with beings like Trigon when we worked with them ourselves. Not due to Trigon in particular, but the Greek Gods. Thanks to our good friend Wonder Stripper, the Greek Gods are in fact canon, and play a vital role in stabilizing the DC Multiverse. Therefore, we agreed that each of these beings is alive and well. They are simply weakened in their current state and very few of them can interact with the mortal world.
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Izzy thank you for sharing your opinions but he point of this poll is to let the members vote on an issue and to not make it just a staff decision. So in other words I don't see it as pointless I see it as a walk in the right direction in how much we should involve normal members in discussions like this because its not just the staff on the site. Even if we all saw cannons as bad members may feel different so the chance of having a one sided poll is worth it to me to let members vote on important decisions on a site we share with them. So to me it's not pointless, I just wanted to share the reason why so you and others who feel the same know why I put it up.

Mega thank you for sharing your thoughts on the poll and may I say your points on Trigon are rather interesting. This has bee talked about on the side as casual conversation before between me and another staff member before for character limits. What we have noticed is some people want another character slot when they haven't even obtained their 3rd slot that is provided to all who go through the procedures of going through a certain sized character arc.

There's also a B and HBteam slot making 3 mains and 1 weak then you also have supporters that come in with one of your mains that you can have one for each which can give 4 more technical characters you can use. I don't think we'll be expanding it out any time soon since many don't even have their 3rd slot yet and some times when some of us get it we don't use our third character, i being one of them or well i was till i made harpy.

I also don't think having no limit will ever be a thing cause i have seen on many good sites go down hill because of the rule of no limit. Though if you would like to continue this topic i would gladly talk with you about it else where cause i would like to keep this thread about the cannons but seriously cool ideas and i would seriously be up to talk about your concern.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm

I never said that the poll was pointless, I gave my opinion on bringing back canons. And as I mentioned with Trigon, all dimensional gods and such are alive and well.

Unless of course you plan on letting us power up our characters a bit to compete. Because otherwise OCs are virtually useless when compared to canons.

Or ya know, unless you plan on letting Blake into the Sinestro Corps...
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:05 pm

So let me be honest about my opinion. Bringing back canons is a good idea, if you want to destroy the current titans as you know them. When comparing the last poll results about a site plot and how the titans on this site come into their own, bring back canons are a bad idea. One for how hard it would be to implement them back into the site without a huge site plot (jk it would only really matter to TT members) around them. This would leave retcon and/or reboot which we all knows no one wants. If one did go with a plot it would probably lead to war for who will lead the titans. I doubt the current leaders will just give it up after how much work they put in.

Also Brian for green lantern, or become the host for ion
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:21 pm

I would like to point out that bringing back canons DOES NOT ensure the current team loses their homes. Mostly because that would assume the titans would not only be the first ones back, but also ALL be back at about the same time. And that ALSO assumes people apply for them as characters. They ain't relevant if no one plays em right? Also depending on why the vanishing happened or how, not ALL canons would be back unless it was specifically stated that ALL of them came back at the same time. But again, if no one applies for them, they don't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Megalomaniac wrote:
They ain't relevant if no one plays em right? Also depending on why the vanishing happened or how, not ALL canons would be back unless it was specifically stated that ALL of them came back at the same time. But again, if no one applies for them, they don't actually exist.

This.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Mama E asked me to help come up with cons for this and you can see them written above, here's exactly what I wrote through skype. It's a bit more in depth.

Having canon characters back could completely throw off our plot. What if someone takes Raven and just shows up like "Yo I'm an original Titan so you have to let me in". How would we deal with that? Putting the canon characters back where they started or have them start fresh like other characters?
What about people who take a canon character, but doesn't know much about them? We shouldn't quiz them because that makes us character gate keepers, which is never fun. So how do we decide who gets who?
What if we give off a canon character and they have relationships and all, but the actual member goes inactive or leaves? Can we just pretend they never existed? They already affected a bunch of peoples characters so how do we protect them? Does the next person have to use their history?
Finally, we already have the perfect coverup, the vanishing. How will we explain a valid reason on why these people are back? If we change the vanishing, shouldn't we allow Preboot character to come back, along with their memories?
In conclusion, It's just such a sloppy thing to deal with
if it aint broke don't fix it

I guess the poll will decide!
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:39 pm

All of those points seem moot, to me. Raven isn't the kind of person to say "I'm a Titan, let me in" and then destroy the tower because you say no. Playing a canon character means you have to know how to play them. That was how it was before.

You simply can't take a canon character if you know nothing about them. That's just common sense.

If a canon character has relationships and their player leaves, you treat it just as you would if an OC's player left. You don't know what happened; all you have is guessing, aside from working it out with the player themselves.

Nothing about the canons is related to preboots, honestly. Preboots were a different time in a different universe. Our universe did still actually have them.

At least on that point the cons are kind of moot.
Back to top Go down
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
The Panda Bookknight

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 10:41 pm

I know I'm new, but from what I've learned so far is that the site is recovering from a major plot, so there currently isn't one, so if hethey canon characters do come back, there wouldn't really be a plot to mess up.
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Since it seemed based on total votes that nearly all active members on site as voted and that you all have been talking about this, I will allow you guys to say if you have or haven't changed your mind on your votes if you have just please post what you had voted on and what you are now voting on so i can tell were to take off votes and where to put up the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:03 pm

I change my vote from no to yes Troll *totally isn't fibbing to tip the scales or anything*

Joking aside, I still say yes.
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Okay around this time tomorrow the polls will be closed i set up the poll so you can cancel your vote and vote again. So update your vote or change your vote or simply vote now or forever hold your pieces of pie cause its a bar graph and because that's when the voting will no longer be open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]   Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Cannon Characters Return [Poll]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next