Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
A Venomous Discussion Vote_lcapA Venomous Discussion Voting_barA Venomous Discussion Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
A Venomous Discussion Vote_lcapA Venomous Discussion Voting_barA Venomous Discussion Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

A Venomous Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character
Name: Simca Simonovna Simakova
Code Name: The Swallow
Villain or good guy?: Good

A Venomous Discussion Empty
PostSubject: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 pm

*has played all three that Jak's posted on different sites before* Very Happy

... I think if she gets accepted I'll choose Kara as a second character... with intensely limited powers, of course xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:03 pm

he posted 4....... lol
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I didn't notice Kon-El because he didn't have a picture. >.< But that's good, cuz I haven't played him before. o.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I've RP'd as Static and Supergirl, Static being my fav out of the two and one of if maybe not my fav Teen Titan.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm

I've played M'gann only once, Static like 10 times and Supergirl more times than I can count. o.O She's my favorite, though Static is second. I played M'gann once because Supergirl was taken. >.< But she was an awesome experience too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Coolio. Ive played Superboy as well. I got bored with him and stuck with Nightwing. I think I make an absolutely amazing Nightwing. lol
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 am

Excluding Barbara Gordon, I have played and am awesome at playing every single Bat Family character there is. o.o Bruce, Helena, Selena, Dick, Terry, Tim, Jason, even Ace the Bat-Hound. O.O;; I got 'em all on my fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Why o why does that not surprise me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 pm

My most Rped as character would have to be Spider-man, I play the best Peter Parker from the movies, but lately I've tried to steer towards his comic personality. Which is proving hard to do for me, because comic Peter Parker is a lot less emo than his movie counterpart. So at times I dunno whether to be serious or quip my butt off.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 pm

lol I can play comic Spider-Man pretty easily, though I don't really play him much. Only like, once, and that was on MSN. o.o I either play Eddie Brock or evil Peter Parker. Mostly Eddie. And especially now that he's Anti-Venom instead of Venom. I only played him as Anti-Venom once, and I was instantaneously the greatest character ever played on the site I played him on. The admin made me my very own banner ^____________^ Good-Eddie is the greatest character I have ever played.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I am the only one who thinks Venom should be evilly? Loved him like being evil in the cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Both sides of Venom (Eddie and the symbiote) were never evil. Especially not in the comic books. In the original comics, the symbiote was really an alien that was a mutant among its race (like the X-Men are mutants among humans) because it wanted to form a single bond with its host rather than consume their adrenaline and leave them dead and dry, before moving on to another one like the rest of the "symbiotes" did.

Because it wanted love and affection instead of death and destruction, the symbiotes rounded it up, put it in their symbiotic version of a prison and shot it off into space. It spent aeons in space and gained lots of knowledge and intellect, but the one thing it wanted the most was to have someone to share it with - a host. Then, it was found by Peter Parker and found that host in him.

All he needed from Peter was an adrenaline rush, which was basically what it needed to survive, and love and affection, in return for which it could grant him powers beyond his wildest dreams. For the spider who swung through the skyscrapers of New York, an adrenaline rush was not that much of a problem to provide. All he had to do was eat a little more chocolate than usual. But nooooooo, Parker had to a pussy coward and as soon as he found out the symbiote "suit" was a living thing threw him away like a ragdoll. >_> Bastard.

But what happens? In that Church tower, Spider-Man was actually committing suicide. By forcing the symbiote off of him after remaining bonded to him for so long, he did not know it, but it would have killed him, his body being unable to survive the shock. In the end, the symbiote did a thing that I came to love him for: it let Parker go by its own will just so its host, which it admired, would not end up dead because of him.

Evil right?

Eddie, we all know how tough his life had been. He was a good guy, just in bad circumstances. I can see why Carnage has to be evil, but not Eddie Brock. He was never evil, he was always a good guy, its just that his methods of crime-fighting were a little out.

But with Anti-Venom, Eddie seems to be recovering himself and the part of the symbiote's "good side" is now bonded to him. The evil symbiote (having gone insane after the incident where it lost all its memories except a loathing hatred for Spider-Man) is now bonded to Mac Gargan, the former Scorpion, who I think is much more suited to satisfy Goat-chan's want for an evil Venom.

A Venomous Discussion Edward_Brock_%26_Peter_Parker_%28Earth-616%29_0001

But I'm in love with Anti-Venom. Not only is the symbiote good, but Eddie's struggle to regain the good in himself is really heartwarming, plus the help he's receiving from that Jenna girl really brings out the true feelings that Eddie feels every day. An amazing, truely aweinspiringly developed character in my eyes. ♥_♥

/rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:08 am

Quote :
Eddie, we all know how tough his life had been. He was a good guy, just in bad circumstances. I can see why Carnage has to be evil, but not Eddie Brock. He was never evil, he was always a good guy, its just that his methods of crime-fighting were a little out.

Eddie Brock was a bully and has been shown to be a bully jerkish type of a man in all media he's shown in lol?
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:23 am

JaK wrote:
Quote :

Eddie Brock was a bully and has been shown to be a bully jerkish type of a man in all media he's shown in lol?

The movies fail to portray Eddie's character, or his history properly. He wasn't even involved with Peter Parker in the original comics until later on. He was the bullied not the bully.

Ever since he was born, actually. His father was cold and unloving towards him because he blamed Eddie for his wife's death during childbirth. Eddie constantly attempted to obtain his father's approval, though even after excelling in school, he only received half-hearted encouragements. Though exceptional in athletics, Brock switched his major in college to journalism after reading an article on the Watergate scandal. Upon graduating, he moved to New York City and as a member of the Associated Press, he obtained a job as a journalist for the Daily Globe, a rival company to the Daily Bugle. He proved himself to be highly talented, though even this did not get his father's approval. He eventually married Anne Weying, who was attracted by his wit and docility.

Eddie had been a successful columnist for the newly revived Daily Globe until he began writing a series of articles about the "Sin-Eater murders." While protecting the "murderer’s" identity under the First Amendment, Brock wrote a series of stories in the Globe detailing his dialogue with the supposed killer, until mounting pressure from the authorities forced him to write an exclusive revealing the murderer's name. Although that edition of the paper sold out immediately, Spider-Man soon revealed the true identity of the Sin-Eater to be Detective Stan Carter (the man Eddie had been interviewing was actually a compulsive confessor), making Eddie a laughingstock among his fellow journalists. Fired from the Daily Globe, he was forced to write venomous drivel for scandal newspapers. Brock's wife left him, his father disowned him and his future appeared to be over.

Bully jerkish type of a man, you say?

As any man suffering through his predicaments would, he blamed all of these problems on Spider-Man. Soon after, Eddie began an intense physical workout program hoping to reduce the stress his life had become. However, such physical exertions only increased his violent obsession with Spider-Man. Although his body had been honed to near-perfection, Eddie’s mind was reduced to an all-consuming vessel of hatred.

Some time after Eddie's life took these drastic changes, Spider-Man brought the alien symbiote to the tower at Our Lady of Saints Church gambling the intense sound of its bells would destroy it. Spider-Man lost the gamble, and he succumbed to the bells before the costume did. However, the empathic parasite had preyed upon the emotions of Spider-Man long enough to learn how to feel, and in feeling, to act. Sacrificing itself, the alien costume saved Spider-Man, who assumed it then, crawled away to die. In actuality the symbiote, weak and dying, slithered down into the church where Eddie Brock knelt in prayer at the altar. Raised a Catholic, he begged forgiveness for the suicide he was contemplating.

And Venom was born.

A Venomous Discussion VenomOrigin

The symbiote joined mentally and physically with Eddie, whose emotions overwhelmed the already confused alien. The dominant thought on both their minds was that of Spider-Man. But Eddie’s sheer hatred for the crime fighter twisted the symbiote’s feelings to a similar extent. In effect, Eddie’s emotions drove the symbiote insane, just as their bonding may have driven Eddie himself over the edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 am

Oh I see what they did, instead of giving Brock a detailed back story in both Cartoons and Movie. They figured it easy to just make him a dick of sorts for fare-weather fans to hate. Kind of like how they just have Peter Parker and Mary Jane always be love interest, when in all actuality Betty Brant was Peter's first serious romance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Venomous Discussion   A Venomous Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Venomous Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next