Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Vote_lcapCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Voting_barCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Vote_lcapCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Voting_barCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down

Go down 
+7
God King Ferg
The Panda Bookknight
Izzy
Kyte
DivingDart
Emblem
Energy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm having real mixed feelings about this one. I understand what DD is saying completely, it's so lame to plan for failure. And on Ferg's note, it's also so lame to have to lower your aspirations to see some sort of success in your missions.

To me? I think that yeah, in the TV show and in the comics the bad guys gotta lose. We're not either of those things. I would totally love it if a villain took control of parts of Jump... like crash alley, or something. I would love it if the roles were reversed and the Villains kicked the Titans out of their tower, and set up in it. To see the heroes have to make some hidden underground base to start THEIR uprising.

While a story like a TV show or a comic might have to have the heroes win, we AREN'T that. We're roleplayers. Our story doesn't end with a winner or a loser. Our story doesn't end PERIOD. Izzy and Ferg saying that it's unrealistic for villains to expect to be able to take over the city is silly to me. Villains should be able to obtain a goal like that. That won't end our game or anything, that will just change it.

Imagine if we DID have a power flip, and HIVE took over. Don't tell me that wouldn't be fun. That'd be great. Then we get to see how clever the heroes can be while they try to take it back.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Bloo! I agree with you completely! The whole power flip thing would be awesome! The thing is, HIVE is still just starting out and is mostly Beamer level people. So we'd first have to be a power house to actually do anything!
I do like the thought of taking over parts of Jump though.
Back to top Go down
Brother Grimm
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Brother Grimm

RPG character
Name: Jonathan Grimm
Code Name: Brother Grim

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 12:12 am

Egill can help with that if he has no qualms about being a villain if it means that the future doesn't end in ragnarok being total distrucion. That is his whole premises of existence and allows for him to work with anyone.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 12:26 am

And that is where Neo and Roman come in. If it's cool with the staff, I'd probably make Neo a supporting character for the HIVE, rather than just Roman if it's possible. Just until they get on their feet. She's still primarily Roman's daughter though.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I agree with the idea, but I still think it should be earned.
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Bloo... so i can't say you are wrong or fully disagree with what you are trying to say since i remember proposing a site plot idea that was exactly what you are saying. I will admit that most of my writings are based on the assumption that no one wants to mess with the site's status quo in the plot department. Which i am still salty about and will keep reminding people about till march.

Now that I said that i think you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say:
Also i don't remember saying villains shouldn't be able to take over a city, I said world domination isn't realistic as that tends to be the most used and tired trope for villain motivation. Also I didn't say lower your expectations just for success, I said make it realistic.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 5:22 am

While I would like to disregard the offered aid of specific characters in certain scenarios as they tend to be more of a coincidental occurrence then a shift in the thematical suggestion, it is quite interesting to propose the idea of 'Why not?'. Why shouldn't the villain win at some points?

I tend to believe that if a villain strives for planetary annihilation, then yes, he or she is gearing up for failure. Fergalicious is right to say that villains should be realistic. We do not have the capacity to make God-tier villains who would have the earth destroyed if they so desired. Doesn't sound like much fun either.

However, why shouldn't a villain be able to claim terrirtory (Falcone/Maroni/Kingpin etc) or wish to dethrone the Titans or any other team (I loved the part in the Young Justice cartoon where they lost their High Tech base, it gave the characters a perfect opportunity to grow)

In all honesty, roleplaying a villain was, for me, harder than roleplaying a hero. It's completely fine, as the feeling you get for getting it right is way more satisfying. A higher level of difficulty is natural in this scenario and there's nothing wrong with this higher difficulty.

It would seem natural in this regard for roleplayers who have some increment of skill to try their hand at a villain. That would balance out the site a bit more and pit them against newer heroes in turn, replicating the feeling of the Teen Titans in a sense of having this more experienced villain being a threat to relatively 'new' heroes.  

Acromonious, how would you suggest someone could 'earn' a successful plot? Would it be decided by the villain's skill at roleplaying? How would such a thing be decided?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:00 am

That is exactly what I think it would be decided by, though even when you're a roleplayer with particular skill, it all depends on what the other characters end up doing.

I'm just saying if anything like that happens, it shouldn't be something that happens automatically. It should be something actually roleplayed and fought hard for, instead of us going "We'll let you have this one." Because that would be even more insulting to the entire point of this discussion.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:34 am

That's kind of how it works. o.o

If two people want something conflicting "I want to steal that wallet." "Well I want you to eat my fist." then someone has to back down or you reach the stage where people complain "She punched me without permission..." "She got away with the wallet without my say so..."

Roleplaying well is all fine and dandy, but if the opposing roleplayer doesn't recognise, or refuses to acknowledge that skill (or they roleplay equally as well) then you have an impasse. Someone will be required to back down. As a villain, I personally find that expectation on me more often than not.

P.S. Or I suppose I could just suck. o-o
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 am

A long time ago I was an E-fedder. Basically this but with professional wrestling. Every fight would have a referee of sorts. He/she would read the fight, not participate. An impartial member or staff member would, after a time limit or post limit, decide a winner. It would be based on skill of roleplaying, of how much you powerplayed (or meta-RP'ed or whatever it is called) and how much you stuck to your character. - This shouldn't be copy pasted, not saying anything about post or time limits, but the general idea might have some merit to it.

Would that help? Acromonious and DD would get the best deal based on their situations. Skill would be rewarded, without an impasse. I am completely for recognition of skill, but if the outcome is decided by the participants, it might never be a satisfying victory for any involved.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 am

I don't know about that. If we did start doing that then it could work out beneficially, but it could also just result in both roleplayers being unhappy.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:42 am

I'd say making a turn limit would be a poor decision. I can't say much more than that.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:35 pm

I was thinking about this again, and I remember.. I think back in 2014?... I dunno.. I had Rhett fight four heroes and he ended up blowing up four prisons releasing criminals into Jump. I was so proud of how the thread came out, but in the end no one else on the site payed attention to it. The one time my villain did something crazy that worked it really didn't affect anything.
With that being said, I suggest making an announcement thread that announces giant feats villains did so that roleplayers could be aware of this. This thread could be roleplayed out by some people as news anchors, or simply a bullet point list in the announcements. In the end, it should be checked by people regularly if people blew up a hospital, released prisoners, attempted to attack the Titans, or simply the drug rate in Jump had increased. Anything to reward villains so that their deeds are recognized.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:41 pm

That sounds like a good plan to me. Perhaps not a solution but at the very least a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Wasn't that the purpose of the Titans News account?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next