Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Vote_lcapCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Voting_barCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Vote_rcap 
Moon
Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Vote_lcapCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Voting_barCrime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down

Go down 
+7
God King Ferg
The Panda Bookknight
Izzy
Kyte
DivingDart
Emblem
Energy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Empty
PostSubject: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm

While asking around to everyone i could to see who were the most active characters around who are posting and such and got a list of 25 names. I then went through marking everyone's heights and the sides they are on for an art project i'm working on. I then for fun tallied up the leaning more towards good evil and neutral to get these results.

4/25 or 16% of the characters lean more towards evil.
5/25 or 20% of the characters are perfectly neutral.
16/25 or 64% of the characters lean more towards good.

Over half of our members are heroes and if you'd count in neutrals on a good day when you get them on your side heroes 84% of the site would be against the villains aka the small 16% of our site. Apparently despite this Jump still has a lot of petty crimes which I find funny. I wanted to share this with you all so those who are rejoining now that they may be back from vacations or joining that heroes are filling up jump and is the new main stream.

Seriously thought I fund these numbers shocking but makes a lot of sense due to ever since the registering had came in there has been a lot of newbie heroes trying to come in and make their name heard and so that you all know that probably logically Jump won't have all too much crimes going on since i hope that the heroes are doing their jobs and if they are jump city is a major hero capital now rather than having a lot of crime and also this is to say...

HEY VILLAINS THIS IS YOUR TIME TO MAKE A NAME FOR YOUR SELF AS THE FEW VILLAINS THAT FOUGHT OFF THE CITY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT! Seriously I wish I was a villain right now for the reason of being able to make a big name for myself as one of Jumps few villains since the standard for big time heroes is sorta gone down since there's only 4 of them thus not much competition to find the big time villains.

Anyways that's just an update and I put it in announcements rather than chatbox because I found it very important to point out especially since these results would logically change the state of crime rate in Jump right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:35 am

I know this is a old thread but I wanted to say this is very interesting. It made me reconsider when I should do for my second character, but then I realized that it is harder making a villain than a hero. As for me it is easy to make them too edgy or grim, thus harder to make a believable character. But I'll give a shot at it and make the attempt to make a villain.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:34 am

There's consideration to be had for some extra incentive regarding the position of villains on the site. Then again, I've found roleplaying villains is harder, but way more fun if you can make it work.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:13 am

I tend to roleplay a lot of villains. There's increasing pressure to have all their threads, where they oppose heroes, end in failure. Hear that? I have to plan to fail. Right now it's looking very likely two of my villains will end up in jail. And a third is starting out in a sort of lock-up.

When I talk about them in chat I have to listen to what exciting new ways the Titans are gonna kick their butts and why they don't stand a chance in hell. And we're not talking about them facing an entire team of Titans here (which any villain should fail against). We're talking individuals. Few users of heroes are willing to entertain the idea of them being out-battled and definitely not outsmarted. I've had to resort to using extreme tactics just to put them in positions of disadvantage - and even in that I'm failing.

I understand Jump City can't end up a smoking crater. But this is never my plan. My villains never do anything with an unacceptable consequence. My newest one trades in stolen goods and makes a few robberies. And yet I STILL plan for failure. If you make a villain on this site, people look at you as a punching bag. Even when your villain escapes sometimes the heroes sit around complaining that you would not have been able to get away.

Gosh yes we need incentives. I love doing this kind of work. I love trying to find wins in a system stacked against me. But I am increasingly tempted by the prospect of ditching my villains for a hero.

P.S. If you doubt we villains are desperate for a win, consider this. Heroes have NPC Rogues they can bash around all day. Villains don't have an equivalent. .-. Unless you count the police, which we only just got back. But they're as rewarding as nameless NPC thugs are to the goodies.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 8:16 am

DivingDragon wrote:
Even when your villain escapes sometimes the heroes sit around complaining that you would not have been able to get away.

Oh the sweet, sweet hates. It fuels us, yesssss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am

A question about villains, can you make a warlord type villain say a alien king and have arcs involving Conquring parts of the world for resources and wealth?
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 am

If you think you can pull it off, sure. Just be aware that getting threads might be kinda hard, and you're condemning yourself to fail every single time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Yea that's the hard part, as the basic principles in superhero media is that the heros always win in the face of adversity. This is applied to many form of media really such as anime or TV series. No one wants to see the heros losing. Like Diving said it is a system stacked against you and that's why I belive its hard to pull off a good villain.
Back to top Go down
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
The Panda Bookknight

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Well, before seeing this, I was extremely hype about making a villain, and possibly making an impact, however, if the system is heavily favoring heros, why bother? If villains are always destined to fail, staff might as well make up missions for heros to do, so people won't have to bother having to fail all the time, they can stay on the winning side.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:29 pm

Well once again, it's not always that way. You just need a roleplayer who's more interested in making a story, tbh. Or alternatively, you can have a villain who is working toward a goal that requires him to fail a few times.

Fact of it is, the system is difficult to deal with. But lets be honest Tachi, did you expect to make a villain and get control of Jump City at some point? You can't honestly have expected that.
Back to top Go down
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
The Panda Bookknight

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm

Not every villain has to be obsessed with Jump City.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Joker tried that once, but got killed by Superman.
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:30 pm

So as someone whose character is slowly leaving the side of lawful stupid I have a few things to say about the whole state of villainy. Villains are not destined to fail, as long as they have the realistic goals. Everyone seems to get lazy and pick world domination. Its a tired and dead ideology. Take one of my favorite and what i argue to be one of the best villains of the site for her short time, Harpy or my villain the chimera. Basically her entire goal was simple, she was around to cause chaos and for the most part she did it.

She staged prison breaks, stalked heroes, and for the best part of it she deliberately messed with the titans. She was basically the sites version of the joker, when it was all said and done she caused chaos. The Chimera was similar as his goals was to start a monopoly over the weapon trade within jump. He was basically the lex luthor. He had a good start as well, but due to the fact that he wasn't exactly built to play nice with existing villains and wasn't dumb enough to smash his face against the wall called titans and recklessly challenge heroes as it was outside of his character, he was swept under the rug due to lack of rp opportunities.

That's the thing about villains, Villains are harder to play because at their core they are a lot more cynical. Any idiot can strap on tights and scream that they are a hero with some stupid power and play nice with others. Villains however are the ones carefully planning, carefully thinking, and carefully executing to bring their goals into fruition. They need reason to ally themselves with others. Playing a villain is like DMing a game of D&D while being a hero is like just being a player. A hero is only meant to react to a situation and a villain is the one making the situation as hard and as unbearable as possible, and anyone knows that if you are playing with a good DM... The hero doesn't always win.

So I say all that to say this, villains aren't destined to fail. Not at all. Its just the fact that the goals that people choose for the villains aren't as realistic... That and some people are really battle crazy and think that this site is based on how hard you can punch something. Oh and game exchange did a wonderful video on how to make a good villain for those interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Those are good points, especially that the site is not all about who can hit harder.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 5:23 pm

I am absolutely delighted to read all this. A lot of different views, great stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down   Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crime Rate Has Gone WAY Down
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Old News-
Jump to: