Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Vote_lcapHats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Voting_barHats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Vote_lcapHats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Voting_barHats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Hats Off (Dar)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 am

The Hat managed to fend off the shield, but the sword struck true. The man coughed up blood as the blade sank between his ribs. The following explosion rattled him, and he wasn't quite sure what happened in all the chaos.

Somehow, The Hat ended up against the wall. He couldn't feel his legs, probably because they weren't there. Kyte's shield had mostly protected them both, but The Hat's legs had been caught out in the open.

The negative energy field vanished as The Hat became too weak to maintain it. Kyte would now get all of his powers and abilities back.

There was precious little time left, The Hat realized. If not for Void's presence, he would probably already be dead. He had lost more blood than he had left in his body.

The Hat's lips opened, and Void spoke to his contractor. "I am sorry for this, Lawrence. You have served me well for the sake of the cause." His arm reached up and removed the fedora from his head. The bottomless shadow disappeared from the man's face, revealing a human expression of fear and pain.

"No," the man said, his voice sounding quite different. "No, I don't want to die." But he did not have a choice. Void had been right. One way or another, they were all doomed.

Lawrence leaned his head back against the wall, and looked at Kyte out of the corner of his eye. He weakly held the fedora out to Wrath. "It's yours. He has no more use for me. Whatever you choose, the world will change...for the...worse."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Kyte almost soared. Finally, a direct hit. He was then blasted back by the grenade, taking much more shrapnel to his sword arm and his legs, them almost confetti. He then smashed back into a wall, feeling the Hat cripple behind him, and dropped to the ground, groaning, but standing on his legs, as he looked at the Hat.

He felt his magic power surging, and he became covered in black energy, looking at the Hat with glowing red eyes as he started absorbing the energy. He'd need to heal soon. He tossed the sword to one side of the room, and tossed his shield to the other, pressing two fingers into his palm and summoning his wicked bastard sword, Sekaikui.

Void apologized to the Hat, revealing that the Hat's name was Lawrence, and he removed the fedora; the very thing that made the Hat...well, the Hat. For the first time, Kyte saw Lawrence's face.

"You bleed well," Kyte remarked.

Lawrence was begging not to die, and eventually started handing him the fedora. It wasn't Kyte's style, but it would be a nice souvenir, if anything. He wondered if it worked like...something. He couldn't remember. Lawrence said it now belonged to him, and that whatever he chose, the world was going to change for the worse. Kyte looked at him.

"I have no quarrel with you. He was using you. But you fought well. That was the most difficult fight I've had in a long time. I'm glad to have set you free, painful as it may be. So tell me, what do you mean? What's my choice here? Will Void possess me if I put this hat on? And who is the last remaining Lord of Order?"

"If you can answer me these questions, I'll make sure you go quickly."

It was the best he could offer him. He had so many questions to ask, and so little answers. He needed Lawrence to give him something; anything.[/size]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 pm

"Free?" Lawrence coughed up more blood. His weak eyes filled with anger. "Free? I'd rather be alive. The only thing I owe you is a bullet to the head. Find your own answers, like a blind man reading a blank page. Maybe then you'll be 'free' like me."

Lawrence took one last gasping breathe, and died. In the end, he hadn't needed Kyte's help to die quickly. If anything, despite the pain, Lawrence would have wanted to live longer. He had not answered Kyte's questions, hoping that his silence would bring about the wrong decision. What decision did he speak of? That would be left up to Kyte to find out.

The dead man did not disappear, like his duplicates did. This was the original, the man who had donned The Hat, the Agent of Order who had attempted to kill the Lord of Chaos.

And now he was dead.

And the world became a little more Chaotic.

Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Kyte stared at Lawrence as he said he would rather be alive than free. Kyte scoffed. What a foolish notion. He only wished he could show Lawrence would it was like to be someone's slave to show him wrong. Though he supposed that was childish.

That wasn't to say Lawrence was any better. He said he didn't owe Kyte anything, and that he would have to find his own answers. Kyte couldn't even take Lawrence seriously anymore, laughing as he drew his last breath.

"I thought the spiteful ones were supposed to live the longest?"

Kyte watched Lawrence deflate a bit, as all corpses did, remaining pinned to the wall. Kyte walked forward, lowering his blade, and took the fedora. He watched it warily, deciding not to place it on his head until he spoke with Malan'tai. He might know something about this. In either case, he needed to do some studying...and he needed to track down Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade.

Kyte reached for Lawrence's face, forcing his eyes shut.

"I want to make it clear that I don't respect you, Lawrence. I thought I had freed a slave, but in reality I had severed a mutual relationship. Tch. I don't respect what you tried to do, either. We could have worked together to bring down Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade and peacefully resolved something about Rico. But you wanted to serve your master like the obedient little ant you are." He patted Lawrence's shoulder with his blade. "Nevertheless...you fought well. Give 'em hell, Larry."

He used his magic to destroy any evidence of him being here, like with the blood spatters on the floor. There would be no trace of Kyte having been here, and what's more, there would be no evidence he had killed Lawrence. He hadn't even used his own weapons. He did, however, search Lawrence for anything useful; anything at all, but wouldn't take money or anything as trivial as that. He would more be looking for any unusual objects or a cell phone; something for the Hat's resources.

Finally, Kyte put his hand in his pocket, pulling out the amulet. It was surprisingly unharmed, and he nodded, satisfied, before slipping on his mask and then leaving.

"Oh, and Void, if you really aren't dead...maybe next time you'll reconsider being so foolish."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 pm

OOC: Thank you for a wonderful fight thread.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:32 pm

OOC: I only hope it actually was wonderful for you. But yes, I enjoy every one of our threads that comes along, so thank you as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2