Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Hats Off (Dar) Vote_lcapHats Off (Dar) Voting_barHats Off (Dar) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Hats Off (Dar)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 am

Kyte walked slowly down the museum hall, slinking along the wall stealthily, making his way towards the Rome exhibit. He had made sure the museum security officer monitoring the cameras was knocked out cold, and had disabled all of the cameras from seeing him, as well as all of the countless other security measures. He was able to do this with his magic and blueprints of the museum, which he had access to. So all of the security measures were disabled. In addition, he had paid off and threatened a few museum officers to take the night off.

He was being extremely careful and stealthy for a very simple reason: Malan'tai had asked him to retrieve an...artifact. Due to he and Kyte's long history together, Kyte knew this artifact had significant importance. It was a locket. The significance was that it belonged to one of his wives. One of many, admittedly, but it didn't take any significance of the item away from it.

Kyte was in costume, having flown there, with his mask and his cloak on. He didn't have his weapons handy, but they could be. He caught a guard and put him into a headlock.

"Shhhh, sleep...just calm down. Go to sleep."

The guard continued struggling, starting to try and do something with Kyte's thumb. Kyte sighed. Amateur.

"No, you're supposed to do that before someone puts you into a headlock. Go to sleep..."

The guard was pretty beefy, and tried using that to his advantage, but he went to sleep, unconscious. It didn't matter how big you were; ten seconds of pressure on the carotid artery put anyone to sleep. Kyte promptly moved on, entering the Rome exhibit without any further difficulty. He began looking around for his quarry, before spotting it. His hand became wreathed in black energy, and his hand melted through the glass case, taking the locket and pocketing it securely, before starting to go back on his way out.
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:40 am

As Kyte turned back, he would see a silhouette standing silently in the doorway. The figure was wearing a trench coat and a fedora, both of which seemed to eclipse the man's face in endless shadow. No matter how close Kyte got, the man's face would never be visible beneath The Hat.

"We meet again," The Hat said. "I'm afraid I've become aware of some unsavory information, and have decided to share it. You see, I plan on killing your daughter, Rico. That should upset you. You may claim otherwise, but it is simply safer for me to eliminate you, her guardian, before killing that abomination. Kyte Avytrius, you will now die."

A sphere of anti-magic energy filled the entire museum. The Hat would not allow his opponent to use any powers during this fight. Kyte's demonic blood would momentarily become mortal, and his abilities would fade to the point that he was now a mere human. The Hat simply stood still, waiting to see how Kyte would handle the threat and the loss of his powers. A caged animal was dangerous, but also reckless. If Kyte lashed out in a foolish manner, consumed by fear, rage, or any emotion really, The Hat would be ready to punish that action.

Perhaps at a time like this, a time in which an individual was at an advantage, it would be customary to smile. The Hat did not have a face, so smiling was impossible for him. Beyond that, he had no emotions. Instead, he remained focused on his adversary.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 am

Kyte turned to leave the museum, before pausing, seeing the Hat there. He had only met the Hat once before, and hadn't even known it; running into him in a restaurant when his daughter Rico had sought him out from a restaurant. Last they had spoken he had been hunting for Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade.

The Hat acknowledged that he knew who Kyte was; a fair shock, considering he was disguised and everything. He said that he had come into the possession of some information, and that he was going to kill Rico. Kyte instinctively took a step forward; the Hat had wagered this would upset him and he had been entirely correct, but he wanted to know why. He knew everything about him. His name, his face...but why was he condemning him to death?

Kyte smiled grimly, and reached his arm up, slowly unclasping the top three clasps on his cloak, letting his neck and collarbone be exposed. If Hat was some expert at deductive reasoning, he may determine Kyte was loosening up. Kyte then took off his mask, putting it on a clasp at his belt, revealing his grim smile to his new opponent.

"I see...so you're him," he said cryptically, putting his hands into his cloak's pockets for the moment. "The Hat, is it? I've heard whispers...but that's all I've really heard; although there is mention that no one lives when they encounter you. I guess that's how you've kept the rumors from spreading too far..."

Kyte was using this time to stall him; to take in everything that the man was and look at it with his deductive reasoning skills to pick apart and dissect. The way he stood, the way he carried himself, the way he spoke; everything was a weapon Kyte would use to destroy this man. If anything, Kyte seemed nonplussed at the mention that the Hat intended to kill him...as if it meant nothing to him; as if the very notion was so far out of the realm of imagination that it didn't even need acknowledgment.

The Hat wasn't the only one that had some psychological prowess.

"Well, don't be a tease now, Hat. You said you had some unsavory information you were willing to share with me. I'm all ears."

What is it with him? What makes him so special? If no one has survived an encounter with him to the point that they'd have only his name, he's got to be good at something.

"You said you wanted to kill me and my daughter...but I don't see why you'd have reason to do such a thing. What kind of information did you stumble upon? Because I have no earthly idea what information would require the slaughtering of me and my family."
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:34 am

Judging by Kyte's behavior, he had not yet noticed that his powers had been canceled out. That was the only way The Hat could justify such bold words. Kyte was too smart of a man to bluff.

Kyte said that he had heard rumors about The Hat, including claims that nobody who faced him survived. That wasn't true. Many people, more than The Hat cared to admit, had escaped his grasp. One hero, Damian, had even managed to repel him. The Hat said nothing of this to Kyte, however. It was information that the demon did not need to know.

But Kyte did have a point. He deserved to know why The Hat was out for his blood, as well as his daughter's. Without even an attempt to guess, Kyte said he had no idea why The Hat had so suddenly declared this vendetta.

"That is to be expected, Avytrius. You do not know the reason because you have been tricked. You have been placed in an unfair position. Perhaps this is fate's way of punishing you. Like the Cuckoo bird, you have been raising the the child of another. It is not a perfect analogy, for you are indeed Rico's father. Of that I have no doubt. The problem is the identity of Rico's mother: Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade." The Hat allowed that information to sink in. It was possibly worse news than the threat of being murdered here and now. "You have been raising the offspring of a Lord of Chaos. Despite the form that Jemmy usually takes, she is quite capable of crafting plans, some of which are quite complicated, almost nonsensical until everything comes together to benefit her. It is entirely possible that if the Lord of Chaos is killed, she will simply be reborn in your daughter's physical body. Such atrocities are not unheard of in the realm of Chaos. Whether by my hand or by her mother's, Rico will die. It is only a matter of how many lives might be lost in the process."

The Hat stepped forward, and two men entered the room behind him. Kyte would doubtlessly be surprised upon seeing them, for they were both completely identical to The Hat. They were duplicates. The man had been split into 3 bodies, each just as real and dangerous as the original. Not only was Kyte powerless, he was also outnumbered. This was the secret to The Hat, the inspiration for the rumors Kyte had heard.

The Hat was simply a monster.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 3:07 am

Fortunately, the Hat was a man of his word, and answered Kyte's query, saying that Kyte had been deceived, and placed in an unjust position. He mused that fate may have been punishing him, but said that he had been raising someone else's child. Kyte raised an eyebrow; he had a few suspicions, but that didn't explain anything. The real shock came when he said it wasn't a perfect comparison; because Kyte indeed was the father...but the mother was Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade.

Kyte paused, a shocked expression on his face as he heard this news, looking down at the floor. Impossible... he thought. But the more he thought about it, the more things started to come together. Rico's power. Her uncanny similar appearance to Shivering Jemmy; straying so far from his own looks. It was news, indeed, and Kyte found himself questioning why he hadn't figured it out himself sooner.

The Hat continued, saying he had been raising the offspring of a Lord of Chaos, and said it may be an elaborate plan of Shivering Jemmy's to resurrect herself within Rico when she died. He concluded by saying that whether he or Shivering Jemmy were the cause, Rico would die.

Kyte kept his gaze on the ground, putting a hand over his eyes, and seeming as if he were overcome with grief.

"But...you still haven't explained why I need to...-"

Kyte paused, and suddenly smirked, laughing a little softly and chuckling to himself, before his laughter grew in volume. The laugh of a madman. His laughter echoed throughout the Rome exhibit, his smoldering eyes glowing beneath his hand, before dying down.

"I see...how foolish of me." A grin came to his face; one of sadistic and evil proportions. Kyte was no demon; he was Wrath, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but with his grin, people may be unable to tell the difference. He let down his hand, looking at the Hat with a sadistic smirk. "She's my daughter, after all...of course I'm going to kill you if you threaten her. Good call."

If the Hat was expecting him to be shocked by the two other duplicates of him in the room, he was up for some disappointment. Kyte didn't care about one ant; why would he care about three? He only wanted to intimidate the man, so his skin started becoming black...or it would have. He looked down at his arm with the same grin, trying to flare his black magic. Nothing. His smirk intensified.

"Well that's a neat Hat trick," he joked, looking up at them with his smirk. "You take away their powers...and then you multiply. Very interesting indeed. I should inform you there's no need to take away my powers, Hat..."

He began approaching them, fearless. They would feel his Wrath.

"I was about to entertain the possibility of you killing me...but I can't die here, Hat. Not now. I need to go find Jemmy and shove my fist down her throat before that happens. So thanks for that."

"But there's no need to take away my powers. I'm going to show you why I've never unleashed the full scope of my powers before..."

He took up a stance of Wushu; the style of the Shaolin Monks. If Hat was versed in martial arts, he would know it.

"...I can easily kill you with my bare hands."
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Kyte Avytrius had stayed alive a long time, The Hat knew. Over the centuries, he must have fought many powerful opponents. Still, his confidence was...interesting. Despite public opinion, it was usually cowards who survived, not the brave. Then again, this fight was unavoidable, and there was no advantage to feeling fear in a fight.

The Hats, all three of them, reached into their trench coats and pulled out twin daggers. A total of six blades turned against Kyte, and the three Hats broke into a sprint, getting closer to their quarry. With Kyte also fast approaching them, the two forces would clash in the middle of the room. As they drew near enough, The Hats would stab out with their daggers, making quick, jabbing stabs in hopes to inflict damage. They retracted their arms quickly, so that their opponent couldn't grab or strike them.

"I understand you, Avytrius," one of The Hats said as they stabbed over and over, moving to wherever Kyte moved to continue the assault. "Your chaotic emotions have clouded your vision. You do not see what must be done. Even though you wish to kill Shivering Jemmy, you are now protecting her. No doubt, this is what she planned from the start, when she infected your heart with emotions. She has made you her Agent of Chaos, against your will, and stolen your power to reason."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:52 am

Kyte watched as the Hats pulled out daggers. Six blades, eh? Kyte called upon his vast knowledge of the art of warfare, and everything else. The Hat may have been a monster, but Kyte was Wrath, the Acrimonious. Every war and fight there had ever been sung praise to his existence.

Short blade. Dagger. Made specifically for stabbing. Cutting possible, but needs to utilize the tip. No efficiency lost with dual wielding. Kyte narrowed his eyes. Knife would've been better.

Kyte maintained his position and his stance, staying where he was and letting the Hats come to him as he used the time to devise a strategy.

He- and his replications- favor their right side. Their left is supportive, but open otherwise. Kyte prepared his strategy for the weapons as the Hats closed in. Think. He approaches a target alone, in an isolated area. He then takes away his target's unnatural abilities and dominates them with his numbers. Therefore, it can be concluded that he likes to control people...that's where he draws his strength from. Control.

"It is you who is walking blind in the desert, Hat. I'm not doing this because my heart grew three times its size, though I am curious how you knew that in the first place,"
Kyte mocked. "I'm doing this because whether or not Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade raped me, for ten years a little girl has been alone, in an orphanage, wondering where her father was. And I was too stupid to think that I could have left a child behind. I'm doing this because now, that girl has a father, and whether she is the spawn of a Lord of Chaos and Wrath, the Acrimonious or not, I will not allow you to take that away from her!" Wrath roared, his eyes taking on a fiendish red glow.

As the Hats thrust with their daggers, Wrath seemed resigned to the end, but suddenly flipped over the Hats, avoiding their strikes entirely, at the same time attempting to shove the middle Hat forward into the wall as he flipped over him. As soon as he landed (Whether he had succeeded at shoving the Hat forward or not), he would in one fluid movement drop down to the ground, using his arms to help support him, and sweep his right leg strongly to try and sweep both (Or in the alternate case, all three) Hats off of their feet and onto the ground, where they would be easy prey for the still balanced and anchored Wrath.

Using his Wushu talents to quickly whirl upwards onto his feet, he would either attempt to avoid more of the Hats' strikes (In the case that his sweep hadn't worked), or deliver two dropping ax kicks to both (Or two of) the Hats' chests, trying to shatter or crack their sternums brutally.
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:00 pm

The Hat dismissed Kyte's words. He no longer possessed any human emotions, so he would not be aggravated.

Kyte, on the other hand, was clearly allowing emotions to drive his actions, perhaps without even realizing it. Unfortunate. The manifestation of wrath could have been a useful ally, but The Hat could not allow Rico to live any more than he could allow Shivering Jemmy to live.

The middle Hat was pushed by Kyte towards the wall, but managed to recover his balance in time to avoid injury. The remaining two Hats jumped over his sweeping leg, and then jumped back to avoid the ax kicks aimed at their chests. They wasted no time in rushing forward to stab at Kyte with their right-handed daggers, keeping their left blades close as a sharp defense. An unfortunately timed attack would have Kyte impaling his own arm or leg on a dagger's tip.

Even in a three-on-one fight, The Hat hadn't expected Kyte to fall right away. He was infamous as a fighter. In a one-on-one fight, this probably would have been no contest. "You enjoy war, Avytrius," the Third Hat (the one that had been thrown) said. "It is only natural that you would have to die before the passing of this age. Fighting is a disease that I will soon remove from this world that has suffered for too long."

With Kyte hopefully busy dodging the attacks from Hats 2 and 3, Hat 1 sheathed his right dagger and drew a steel dart instead. From a distance, he started throwing the darts at Kyte. They approached silently, with deadly accuracy. Every injury, no matter how small, would slow this especially dangerous opponent.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Wrath made a slight "Tt," at the Hats. They had managed to avoid nearly every one of his attacks. That was alright though; he was still analyzing the Hats, and he already had his strategy nearly finished.

The Hat began spouting some sanctimonious crap about how Wrath enjoyed war, and that he would have to die so that the Hat could remove fighting from the world. Wrath looked at him dubiously as he nailed the last bit of the coffin.

"So, the infamous Hat turns out to be another one of those arrogant wretches with an impossible dream, hm?" Kyte ducked and weaved away from the blades, noticing the Hat starting to draw a dart, and narrowing his eyes. It wasn't an absolute threat...but the Hat's trap was slowly becoming more intricate. Though Kyte could play the role of the spider, as well.

He's a control freak. Take away his control.

Kyte had stayed in his place when they charged because his back was to the wall, and flipped over them because of it. So in effect, they were backed into a wall while Kyte had plenty of space. So when the first Hat tried throwing his darts, Kyte weaved in front of one of the other Hats while they stabbed at him, and ducked out of the way of that. After another dart, though, Kyte would run off further into the exhibit. Hiding behind one of the display cases as he opened it, he called out to Hat. His voice would echo, however, due to the design of the room, and not give away his location.

"It's a shame you won't be living long enough to see it, Hat...but I really don't. I don't like it...but Jemmy shot me with an arrow back in Egypt. It gave me the capability to love others. Of course, how you knew this is something I'm going to need to investigate...but I don't enjoy war, or killing."

"Not that I care what you think. What's a secret to a corpse? Fighting will never fade from this world, Hat. Not as long as there is Wrath, and Greed, and Pride, and Envy, and Gluttony, and Sorrow. And to think someone like you could change all that? Had I not already met my sister...I'd call you Pride, the Arrogant right now."

As he spoke, he broke into a display case, grabbing a few tools. He normally would use his own weapons, but due to the Hat's ability, his weapons were no longer retrievable. He instead got a Roman sword, a shield, and a javelin. He would reinforce the fact that he was a force to be feared.
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 am

Impossible dream? The Hat thought about that as Kyte used his agility to avoid the daggers and darts. As Kyte ran to hide behind a display, none of the Hats pursued. Guessing at Kyte's intentions to better arm himself, two of the Hats moved out to the sides to seek better equipment. Hat 2 opened a glass case and grabbed a whip sword. Hat 3 grabbed, interestingly enough, an emergency fire extinguisher on the wall. Hat 1 reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a hand grenade, still contemplating Kyte's words.

Honestly, it didn't matter if Kyte enjoyed fighting or not. If Kyte was telling the truth, then it was true what they said: love and hate really were two sides to the same emotion. Emotional beings hated what threatened what they loved. Did The Hat feel either one? Of course not. Killing Kyte was not a crime of passion. It was simply a cold logical decision, one that had the potential to obtain what The Hat really wanted.

"Not even I dare to read the book of Destiny, though I have had the opportunity, Sin. I do not believe my goal to be impossible. Order is stronger than it has ever been, for we have suffered much lately. Perhaps it is arrogant of me to pursue the total eradication of Chaos, but as you've said, I am not your kin."

The Hat pulled the pin on his hand grenade and threw it in the general area where Kyte was hiding. Accuracy wasn't too important, considering the impressive yield. If there was one thing humans were good at, it was making weapons to kill each other. The tragedy of that thought only affirmed The Hat of his decision. He was doing the right thing. After the explosion sent displays, and hopefully Kyte, flying, all three Hats would approach their foe, slowly.

"Indeed, I am no mere Sin. You wonder how I know your past, Kyte Avytrius. I was watching you that day in Egypt, as I have watched over the universe since it's birth. In this form, they call me Hat, but I have another name: Void, Lord of Order. Once I kill your daughter, your siblings will fall by my hand as well. The world doesn't need Sins. The world doesn't need to exist. All that is needed is perfect Order, a perfect Void."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:24 am

He figured the Hats would go for their own new equipment, keeping an eye on them from a dark nook of the exhibit. He had seen the exhibit already due to his midnight stroll, and they got the potentially unworthy pieces of equipment. A whip sword, while effective for making quite an unpredictable surprise attack on an enemy at mid range, was outclassed by his shield. And a fire extinguisher...was...actually a pretty great choice. But a terrible one, as well. It was a great bludgeoning object...but if it was pierced even the slightest bit, it could shred apart the one holding it.

Not that Kyte was complaining.

The remaining Hat's choice of weaponry though...Kyte grinned. He was going to have to roll the dice. He didn't have room to escape a fragmentation grenade like that. With any luck, however, the Hat was one of those fools that-

*chink*

Kyte leaped up into the air with his shield, reaching eight feet easily after jumping off of a display case. The Hat had made a grave mistake. While a fragmentation grenade was definitely something to be concerned about even in a room their size, most people forgot that it had a delayed timer. After all, why wouldn't it; you needed time to plan and throw correctly. And most rookies made the same mistake; tossing it as soon as they pulled the pin. Many an unsung hero had died from a surprise gift returned to them on the battlefield.

Kyte kept his form balled up, and his shield in front of him, before thrusting it slightly forward with a solid *WHACK*, launching the grenade back at the clustered group of three Hats. And unfortunately for the Hats, it wouldn't have enough time left to be redirected; and would detonate as soon as it got to about their head level standing up. Kyte kept his shield in front of him, deflecting any shrapnel that resulted from the explosion, and landed with his shield at his side and a grin, ready to meet the Hats if they were still alive.

"Well, that makes a whole lot more sense than anything I was thinking of. A Lord of Order. But tell me; don't Lords of Order have certain standards to keep balance? Certain rules in place? I'll happily kill you, Void; I'm bound by no such restrictions. But I'm sure there's a rule in place about killing primordial beings of human nature."

Kyte laughed loudly.

"Something just occurred to me...you want to eliminate Chaos, but you're a Lord of Order. Your duty is to maintain balance...but you can't have balance without Chaos! And you can't have balance without Order!" He laughed loudly again, grinning cruelly at Void. "Look who actually turned out to be Shivering Jemmy's pawn. That's gotta sting."

Kyte hefted the javelin, watching his opponents...if they still survived, that is.
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 1:28 am

As the grenade got deflected back towards the three Hats, Hat 1 ran forward, reached out and caught it. He pulled the grenade close and curled up into a ball. As the other two Hats ran to the sides and jumped behind displays, Hat 1 simply accepted his fate. As long as one instance of him survived, he would be just fine.

The grenade exploded, sending blood splattering everywhere with a deafening boom. Oddly enough, the blood began to fizzle a few seconds later before completely disappearing. The two remaining Hats, still shaken, stood up as Kyte talked.

The javelin hit Hat 2. The man dropped to his knees, dying slowly. The whip sword hit the floor beside him as his body shook. There was now only Hat 3 left. The man set the fire extinguisher down and quickly pulled out his own hand grenade. It had duplicated along with everything else the Hat had been carrying before splitting. He held the explosive ready, but did not pull the pin yet.

He spoke, his voice brimming with anger. This wasn't the emotionless man speaking, it was Void himself. "I thought you were smarter than that, but it seems you are simply a fool. If the balance between Order and Chaos tips in Order's favor, Chaos will not result. I am not going to create Chaos. I am not going to create anything. I am going to destroy the universe. Nothingness is the perfect state of Order. Only then will I die. Even if you destroy this form, I will remain as long as the universe does. You fail to grasp the forces you inevitably surround yourself with, Wrath. I am no pawn, of Jemmy or anybody else. There, because of my teaching, you now possess at least a single intelligent thought. Welcome to the universe, Kyte. Say goodbye to it."

Hat 3 pulled the pin on the grenade. He held onto it and didn't throw it right away. The Hat would not make the same mistake twice. He timed this grenade throw so that the timer would run out just as the explosive reached Kyte. Redirecting it would be of no help this time. Kyte would have to find some other way to counter it, or else eat the bomb.

The Hat released his grenade into the air, and it soared towards Kyte.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 3:52 am

Kyte felt the grenade glance off of his shield, dropping down to the ground and keeping his shield in front of him as the explosion tested the shield. It held well, and he felt a bunch of metal shrapnel glance off of it. Kyte widened his eyes at this, however. That was a mighty powerful fragmentation grenade...much more powerful than he had expected it to be.

He stood, walking towards the remaining Hat as the other Hat was killed by his javelin. He held his sword at his belt, but his shield was displayed openly, blocking it from view. Kyte continued walking towards him menacingly, but froze as he pulled out another grenade, gritting his teeth. He started spouting more of his sanctimonious, arrogant bulls**t, but it was his tone that got through to Kyte. And the reaction it garnered was...an even wider grin? He laughed loudly again.

"My, what an adorable little thought. Teaching me anything useful? If you possessed a single iota of intelligence, Void," Wrath retorted, his eyes turning black and glowing red, revealing some of his true form, "You would have quit while you were ahead. Listen now neanderthal; I don't like repeating myself. That tone you just used on me? I can feel it...you're angry." As Hat pulled the pin, Wrath punched his shield twice, making a slight war crash. "And that means you've already lost."

As Hat lobbed the grenade after cooking it, Wrath ran forward with his shield ahead and above him, tanking the explosion and being blasted back. He had some shrapnel in his legs, but he didn't care, getting up and looking at the shield. Pretty good. His arm wasn't feeling too good; it might have sustained some damage. He quickly closed distance with Hat, because if he had another fragmentation grenade, Wrath no longer wanted to deal with them.

"I am Wrath, the Acrimonious. I exist for the powerful; the leaders and the tyrants who wish to use their power to impose their will on others. I exist for the weak, as well; the followers and the impotent who need power to change their own position. And Void, you now belong to me...for you have committed a dangerous Deadly Sin...Wrath," Wrath grinned, drawing his sword, mere feet from Void. "You should have sent Nabu in your place. I wouldn't have had a chance against him. And neither would Shivering Jemmy. But now, I have a debt to the Lords of Order...I get to make a god bleed."

He waited for Void to pull out another weapon, standing strong despite his wounds. However, if Void didn't have another weapon, Wrath would toss him the sword.

"Come now, Void...bleed for me."
Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:59 pm

So much had been said in such a short span of time. A normal human would probably still be processing everything. But these weren't normal people. Wrath and Void, two immortal reflections of the universe, both, in one way or the other, currently tied to this realm of existence. In the short moments that this conversation took place, between blades flashing and grenades exploding, Void had a revelation.

Wrath was right. Void had become angry, and prideful, too. He had become angry because his pride had been hurt. Perhaps his motives were not as pure as he had once thought. But how could that be? Surely, the universe needed to be cleansed by the Void. Wasn't that the purpose of the Vanishing? Hadn't that been a sign that it was Void's divine mission to end this miserable existence?

Perhaps he had been mistaken. How could he have the universe's best interests at heart if he had fallen to Wrath and Pride?

All was not lost, though. If Void was guilty of wrath, then the easiest way to remedy that seemed to be to kill Wrath himself.

As Kyte approached, The Hat picked up the fire extinguisher from before. This model produced a thick cloud of powder, which should do quite nicely. Taking the nozzle in one hand, The Hat pulled the trigger and aimed it in Kyte's general direction. The extinguisher did not disappoint. Before Kyte could get within melee range, The Hat had disappeared into a thick cloud of white powder. No matter how good one's eyesight was, they would not be able to see the tip of their nose.

But The Hat had one final card up his sleeve. He didn't need to see when he could sense his opponent's location.

Kyte had brought up Nabu, saying that someone so powerful would have had no trouble defeating a Sin. Such a comment deserved a response. The Hat's voice came from all around, making it difficult to judge his location. He made no sound from footsteps or breath, but his voice continued to echo. "Nabu is no more. Aside from your friend, I am the last Lord of Order. You can make me bleed. You could even kill me, but it does not matter, for we are all doomed. The Realm of Order owes you a debt, Wrath. You have taught me something quite valuable."

Kyte would hear the feint "click" sound of a third grenade pin being pulled. Hat 2 had not actually died yet, though he would certainly be dead within the minute. Under Void's command, the man was able to perform this one last action in service to Order. Before Kyte could react to the third grenade, Hat 3 would rush up silently behind to grab him around the waist. He would do his best to hold Kyte in place, so that the explosive's blast would destroy them both. "Every victory has a price."

Hat 2 threw the grenade as the cloud of powder faded. He had waited as long as he could. The weapon would explode as soon as it got to Kyte and Hat 3, perhaps even an instant before. His job done, Hat 2 died, and his body disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 am

Wrath was on the verge of offering his sword to Void, but Void wanted to stick with his fire extinguisher, and for a very good reason, Wrath discovered. Void was going to use the carbon dioxide as a cloud cover. Wrath grinned. A very creative way to use the tool, indeed. Void spoke, using the structure of the room and its tendency to echo to his advantage, saying that aside from Wrath's friend, that Void was the last Lord of Order. That was actually news to Wrath. He said they were all doomed, and that the Realm of Order now owed him a debt for teaching him something.

"Wait a minute...what are you talking about? I'm no friends with a Lord of Order."

Before Void could satisfy his curiosity, however, he heard another one of those damned clicks. It seemed every version of the Hat had one grenade, so why was there another one? Was he wr-

And it all hit him. The javelin. That should have been a kill shot for sure, but he refused to acknowledge that the other Hat had disappeared from existence itself when he killed him. His javelin victim had not. He cursed himself under his breath for being so arrogant. It seemed Void wasn't the only one that would be paying a debt to Pride.

"Second verse, same as the first. I don't know whether to criticize you for being such a coward or compliment you for such a tactic. You better kill me."

As if on cue, just as the cloud started to clear, Void sprung up on him, hugging him, and keeping him from moving, as he continued his statement, saying that Wrath had taught him that every victory had a price.

"You're right, Void. And this victory has cost my Patience."

Wrath only had a second or two to spare. Calculations and possibilities ran through his mind at a million miles a second. Even if he were to break free of Void, that would take at least a second; a second he didn't have. But he could still salvage this. His shield was still in pretty good condition, and Void expected this to be a suicide attempt. So in one fluid motion, Wrath drew his sword, turning it underhand, and simultaneously brought his shield up and over to behind him, trying to bash Void's head in with his shield, and stab behind him towards Void's ribs. His sword would stay, but Wrath would then maneuver his shield in front of him, keeping his head and chest covered. He would be blasted back into the wall from the explosion, hopefully taking Void with him and burying the sword into his ribs.

Wrath didn't think Void would avoid it, because at this point, Wrath was his only protection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hats Off (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats Off (Dar)   Hats Off (Dar) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hats Off (Dar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next