Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 155 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 155 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Vote_lcapDoom Comes To Jump (Open) Voting_barDoom Comes To Jump (Open) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Vote_lcapDoom Comes To Jump (Open) Voting_barDoom Comes To Jump (Open) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Doom Comes To Jump (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Dar had arrived.

It had been a long plane ride, and it felt good to stretch his legs.

He collected his baggage, including one long, heavy bag. It was specially tagged, and he handed it to the security guard as he walked through the metal detectors.

The guard opened the bag up and his eyes opened wide. "What on earth?"

"It's a sword," Dar said.

"I can see that. How did you get this onto the plane in the first place? Even if it wasn't a carry-on, we don't transport weapons."

Dar smiled. "You need to be able to fight with a weapon."

The guard frowned as he lifted the heavy bag. "This is really heavy. It's like fifty pounds. You wouldn't be able to swing it around very easily."

"You would need superhuman strength to wield it," Dar said.

"You know, there are people here who have that. This is a strange city. It attracts a lot of weirdos."

Dar stood there, grinning politely. Even though it was still warm outside, he was wearing a heavy winter cloak. He had white hair, even though he was young. Also, the guard couldn't help but notice, his last name was 'Ghost.' Could this guy be a metahuman? Was the sword a decoration? Or was it truly a weapon? Something told the guard he didn't want to find out.

"You see," Dar said. "I told them at the last airport that if they wouldn't transport my luggage...I wouldn't use their services. Is there a problem?"

"Welcome to Jump City," the guard said. It was company policy. If metahumans were involved, they weren't supposed to anger them. It was better to get them out of the airport immediately, where they couldn't do any damage. Hopefully, this guy was a wannabe hero. Otherwise, it would be up to the Teen Titans to take care of him.

Dar walked out the airport door and into the city, his sword sheathed and within the long bag over his back. He took a deep breath of the air. "Hello Jump City. Your lord and master has arrived."

Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Kyte walked around in his awakened form, looking about. He was going to enjoy it while it lasted, for he barely ever lasted so long in a city that he could walk around in his true form without causing a lot of trouble for himself, and although he hadn't gotten into trouble yet, it was bound to happen eventually with one of his circumstance.

He happened to be passing by the airport, when hearing something.

"Hello Jump City. Your lord and master has arrived."

Kyte stopped in his tracks, wheeling around on one foot to face Dar, and walking forward. Before he could make one of his witty remarks, however, he noticed Dar in actuality, which brought silence to his lips, and he raised an eyebrow.

The males stood at equal height, with the same kind of body, and even their minor appearances seemed to match up, although they definitely had a different taste, lifestyle, and color scheme, for lack of a better term. The other male had ghost white hair while he had midnight black. Silver eyes while he had crimson orbs. To be sure they weren't similar to the point of twins, but it was remarkable.

"...you're a curious being," Kyte finally remarked, looking him over. "New here, I'm assuming?" Kyte said in his powerful, commanding tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:11 am

Someone turned when Dar spoke. The man stared, studying him. Dar ignored the man until he spoke, and then turned to face the stranger, curious. The stranger said that Dar was a 'curious being,' and asked if he was new to Jump City.

"Aren't we all?" Dar smiled. "I think everyone is unique, with special talents. No matter how boring you might think your life is, it's sure to be fascinating to somebody else. I'm honored to have received so much of your attention, especially so soon after arriving in Jump City for the first time. Tell me, what is it about me that you find...curious?"

The man had red eyes, showing that he was certainly not normal. Dar was well aware of the large meta population in Jump City. For someone to have such strange eyes in this place meant that he was probably one of those empowered individuals.

Dar wondered if he should activate his powers. Right now, he was just a normal man. It wasn't always pleasant to walk around with the power of Wrath inside you. If this strange man attacked him, Dar would be at a disadvantage. But then again, the man was not threatening Dar, simply observing him. There was no need to jump to conclusions, or to prepare for the worst.

"I hope this doesn't offend you, sir, but are you a vampire?" Someone with naturally red eyes might be sensitive about their appearance, but this man didn't strike Dar that way. He seemed too confident in his poise. At the very least, this stranger was a very driven, self-confident individual. At most, well, vampires were the only creatures Dar could think of that had red eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:40 am

The interesting man asked if everyone wasn't interesting, saying that he thought everyone was unique, and that every life had to be fascinating to somebody else looking at it. He did thank Kyte for finding him interesting, however, and remarked that he was indeed new to Jump City, asking what exactly it was about him that he found interesting.

"I guess you're right...though I ever barely ever find anyone interesting. And the reason I find you so curious is because we seem eerily similar, in my eyes. On the uniqueness thing, I've been around for a very long time...and suffice it to say I haven't seen anyone so similar to me until now."

Dar seemed to analyze him as Kyte had been doing moments ago, and asked, without intending any offense, if Kyte were a vampire. That caused a slight chuckle to resound from Kyte.

"Forgive me. It's not the first time I've been asked that. No, I'm not, and there's no offense taken; not unless you're a fan of that blasted Twilight series." The very mention of Twilight seemed to cause Kyte an uncomfortable shiver of disgust. "Though that seems unlikely. But you're kinda close on the vampire thing, I'm a few...well, a lot, more notches up on the scale."

Kyte remained still for a moment, waiting to continue the conversation, but then sighed, scratching his nose slightly a bit in embarrassment.

"Geez, where are my manners? I'm Kyte." He offered a firm shake. "Since you're new and interesting, I'm hungry. Want pizza?" Kyte offered.

He was in an unusually kind mood today, but he didn't seem to think much of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Kyte said that he rarely found anyone interesting, and insisted that the two of them were quite similar. Dar didn't quite see the connection, but he was interested to hear that Kyte had been around for a "very long time." That statement, combined with the information that he was something higher on the scale than a vampire, brought Dar to one conclusion. Kyte was a demon.

Kyte introduced himself and offered his hand, and Dar shook it. It was only polite, after all. Kyte offered to treat him to a meal of pizza, but Dar hesitated.

"I'm Dar," he said. He waited a moment before continuing. "I'm not certain that I wish to eat with one of your kind. Call me old fashioned, but as you said, I am new here. I'm not sure what I might have to gain from your pizza that might make up for the risk. I have my own, personal demons, and I do not wish for any more."

Demons were constantly deceiving people, bringing about the destruction of mankind. Dar was not a scholar of such things, and he had no desire to enter a situation he wasn't prepared for. If Kyte wanted to make some sort of deal for Dar's soul, then the answer would be no. There was no reason to go through the formalities of such a discussion, and Dar couldn't imagine what else a fallen angel might wish for.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Dar took his hand, and Kyte was glad that the man was civil rather than, say, tossing him into a building. He introduced himself as Dar, pausing for a moment.

"Dar? Curiouser and curiouser." It was then that Dar said he didn't want to eat with a member of his kind, and said that he thought it would do much more harm than good to eat with him. He also said he didn't want to add on to his own personal demons. Kyte chuckled a bit again. "I take it from that pun, and the fact that you're being blatantly racist that I've clued you in enough. Still, no offense taken, however; it's to be expected. I am, after all, an embodiment of sin."

Kyte pulled out a slip of paper, writing in blood red ink upon it.

"Be that as it may, as a sign of hospitality, I'm going to give you this. I assume you're familiar with cell phones; nifty little things. If you ever find yourself in a spot of trouble, whether that be legally, mentally, physically...any other -ally you can tack onto there, call this number, and I'll help you. For free, might I add, since I assume stereotypes are being applied here," he said with another chuckle, handing Dar his phone number. "I suggest you keep it. There are lots of ways to get in trouble. But that pizza's sounding really good, so I'm going to take my leave...farewell, Dar of Silver."

Kyte took a bow of respect, and then turned to leave, scratching his chin.

"Let's see...Papa John's sounds really good..." he mumbled to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Kyte found Dar's name to be curious, and Dar couldn't blame him. It wasn't a common name. There wasn't much common about Dar, about either of them apparently.

Kyte admitted to being a demon, and suggested that Dar was a bit racist against his kind. Dar hadn't really thought about it that way before. He had just considered himself informed. Well, even if he was racist, he didn't see a problem with that. Not when demons were involved. There were many dark forces in the world and in the universe at large. Dar still had nightmares about some of them, although many had disappeared a few years back.

Dar accepted Kyte's phone number. Kyte said that he would come to Dar's aid if he was ever in need, and that Dar would have need. This service would be free of any kind of charge.

With that, Kyte turned to get some pizza for himself, muttering something about Papa John's.

"Embodiment of sin? If that's how you describe yourself, then I can hardly be called racist, can I? After all, it's not like you have any sort of free will to call your own." Dar smiled, hoping he had caught Kyte's attention. "You can no longer turn to the light, and you have nothing to do while you wait for that light to eventually destroy you. Nothing but torment mortals, that is. Am I not correct? If not, what exactly to you fight for?"

A city like this, that allowed demons to walk the streets, was not fitting for Dar to rule. Clearly, he had a lot of work to do before Jump City could become his shining stronghold, the place where he would build his armies and launch a war against the entire world. Still, Dar was curious if even one of Kyte's kind could change. Dar had changed, after all. He was certainly not perfect, but he wasn't a simple terrorist as Darkseid had planned. He was a man following his ambitions, wanting only what every man wanted: the world.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Kyte turned around as Dar said that if Kyte fashioned himself as an embodiment of sin, that he couldn't really call Dar racist. Kyte raised an eyebrow, looking at the sky in inquisitive thought, as if greatly confused.

"...I could've sworn I just went over that..." Dar said that he didn't have any free will to call his own, saying that he couldn't turn to the light anymore, and that the only thing he could do to pass the time until the light came for him was to torment mortals. He then said to correct him if he was wrong, and tell him what exactly he fought for if he wasn't.

"You are indeed incorrect, Dar." His voice was suddenly absent of the carefree tone that he had before, suddenly much darker...as if black. He blinked, coughing, his voice returning to normal. "Sorry. Frog in my throat. You're wrong. Free will's the entire reason I'm here. You're telling me you didn't try reading about me before vindicating me? I was kicked out because I was asked to bow to humans...even before Him. And I refused. And you're wrong about the light, too...personally I don't think anyone cares anymore. I walk free. Everyone says "Eventually...eventually..." but if I'm not slain in the present, what's really the point?" he smirked.

"But enough for semantics. What do I fight for? Since my recent visitation...believe it or not, I suppose I fight for peace. Peace for the here and now, instead of for the eventually. Again, it's your choice whether to believe me or not...but that's what I truly feel."

He waited, seeing if Dar was going to keep him any longer from his pizza.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Dar lifted his eyelids when Kyte's voice grew deeper for a moment. He was very tempted to activate his powers, but Kyte soon apologized for the voice change. Dar relaxed, and stayed human.

Kyte explained that he saw his life as all about choices. He said that his fall from grace came from a decision to chase his own free will, even at the expense of the consequences. Still, Dar's original conclusion seemed correct. The choices that Kyte had made affected his current ability to make decisions. It wasn't so uncommon.

"The decisions we make inevitably take away our ability to choose, or to change our circumstances. A newborn child has infinite possibilities, but an old man on his death bed has very few opportunities open to him. If nothing else, your choices have led you to a point where you resist change. Still, if you are fighting for peace, as you say, then you do walk an interesting path indeed. You are not yet the old man on his death bed, Kyte. I know you are old, but I think you still have some youth in you."

Dar's stomach growled. It had been a long flight. Kyte had proved to be interesting. Although Dar was still wary, he was willing to bet he could accept free food without having his soul stolen. "I apologize if I'm boring you, or starving you. I guess I find you interesting as well. Everything happens for a reason, I think. If you are still willing, I'll take you up on your offer. Papa John's sounds wonderful."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Kyte listened as the point that Dar was trying to get across finally came to the surface and revealed itself, saying that life only had a finite number of choices, and that with each one you made, it closed off many other doors and possibilities. Kyte raised an eyebrow, finding Dar's intuition refreshing.

He said that Kyte's choices have led him to a point where he resisted change, but that if he did indeed fight for peace, that he walked an interesting path. He said he saw some youth in Kyte even with his age, which certainly got him a few brownie points.

Kyte then heard Dar's stomach growl, smirking, and Dar soon said he apologized if he was boring or starving him, admitting he found Kyte interesting, and said that nothing was coincidence. He said, provided Kyte's offer was still on the table, that he would take him up on it. Kyte grinned.

"Well, I'm ashamed to admit I am still very susceptible to flattery. Sure. Follow me."

Kyte walked with Dar to Papa John's, ordering ten pizzas to start with, wondering if an appetite was another thing he and Dar shared.

"Money's not an issue. Order whatever and however much you want."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:17 pm

"One large cheese pizza will be plenty for me," Dar said. He couldn't believe Kyte's hunger. Ten pizza's? Even if he was capable of eating that much food, did he really want to? Could he afford to eat like that every day?

Even stranger, though, was the order-taker's lack of shock. He acted like this happened every day. Was this city really strange enough that the order didn't surprise him? Or had he simply assumed it was for a party elsewhere?

"You seem to have quite an appetite, Kyte," Dar said with a smile. "I do appreciate the meal, as well as the...protection. You said I might be physically endangered. Is Jump City really that dangerous? And even if it is, aren't the Teen Titans around to defend the innocent?"

Dar watched for a reaction as he mentioned the Titans. Kyte said he was fighting for peace. While that didn't necessarily mean he was working with the Titans, it was a strong indicator, at least in Dar's mind.

Dar held his arms out to the side. All he had was his big, long case, and a suitcase. "What do I have that someone here might wish to take?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Kyte listened, and nodded to confirm that one large cheese pizza would be added to the order. Dar seemed to look around a bit as they waited, and finally remarked that Kyte had quite a large appetite. He also thanked Kyte for the meal, as well as the protection Kyte offered him, asking about what kind of danger he could be in, since the Teen Titans were around.

Since Dar was looking for a reaction, he might have seen Kyte's left eye twitch, if only slightly.

"My appetite is large for a few reasons. To train hard, you need a lot of energy, but that's just making the most of it. My appetite's almost always been ravenous, I'm reluctant to say."

"As for the matter of my charity, the Teen Titans aren't omnipresent, and there are plenty of metahumans here to work you over if they are given the chance. You probably have special abilities as well; you probably don't. Either way it's always good to have a friend in Jump City."

Dar soon asked what he could have that someone would possibly want to take.

"I have no earthly way of knowing," Kyte admitted. "But for some people, they simply want your life and nothing more. All I'm saying is you must tread carefully, Dar, but that's all I can really say."

He retrieved their pizzas, eating his first one slowly. Dar might notice that he somehow kept meticulously clean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Kyte reacted slightly to the word 'Titans.' He was obviously familiar with them, but Dar couldn't tell if they were his friends or foes. To Dar, the Titans were neither right now. He would fight them if he needed to, but he hoped to control them if at all possible. Once he ruled this city, he would need deputies to patrol the streets and keep the peace. The Titans would be much better at that than any criminals.

Kyte said that there were indeed a lot of dangerous people in Jump City. Some of them were after money, while others were simply after lives. Dar smiled. "Good," he said under his breath. His blood pressure started to rise, and his eyes narrowed. Kyte might sense an intensity rising inside Dar as he activated his powers for a few seconds. The idea of people, powerful people, coming up to Dar and trying to rob or kill him was intoxicating. Those opportunities would allow Dar to legally, morally even, kill his attackers. He could almost smell the bloodshed now.

Actually, he could smell pizza right now, and it smelled delicious. Dar took a bite, savoring the cheesy goodness. His intensity dropped as his powers deactivated. He had to be careful about using them in public. Otherwise, his bloodlust might get the better of him. Killing innocent people was bad for society, and Dar did his best to avoid it.

He looked over at Kyte. "I've been looking for a good fight, actually. I moved to this city for the express purpose of meeting these...rogues in combat. Of course, I'm not fighting for peace like you are. I'm just want to clean up the streets a bit. I will keep your card on hand, since I think I'll be seeing a lot of dangerous situations. That won't be a problem, I hope."

Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 pm

As Kyte told Dar that people might simply want to take his life, Dar only said good, and Kyte started to feel as if Dar were a bit hostile. However, it faded after a few moments, and Dar tucked in to his pizza. After eating in silence for a few moments, Dar spoke again, saying that he was looking for a good fight, and that he had come here exclusively to meet the metahumans in combat. He clarified that he wasn't fighting for peace like Kyte was, but that he wanted to clean up the streets. He said he would keep Kyte's card, because he'd probably be in danger a lot, asking if that was okay with Kyte.

"I also enjoy a good fight, Dar. And I must admit I have similar intentions to yours as far as the metahumans and the Titans go. I need to see if they can achieve the peace I need to bring. But no, Dar, it won't be a problem. I look forward to it."

He moved onto his second pizza, still clean in an uncanny way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Dar ate in silence for a while. The pizza was good, and it was free. He noticed that Kyte seemed to be keeping especially clean while eating. Good. It was refreshing to see someone who wasn't a slob. Although given the quantity of food Kyte had ordered, Dar hadn't expected him to be quite this careful about eating.

Kyte said that he would be fine with coming into dangerous situations, even if they were frequent. It seemed that Dar had gained an ally, although it was certainly one he would try not to make a habit of summoning. But if he ever did have to call Kyte, what could he expect him to do?

"So, what can you do then? In case I ever need to call you, I want to know what I can expect. I don't need a demonstration. That might be too exciting."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doom Comes To Jump (Open)   Doom Comes To Jump (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doom Comes To Jump (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next