Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 126 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 126 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Dan Yat Vote_lcapDan Yat Voting_barDan Yat Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Dan Yat

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy
Villain or good guy?: Good

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Dan Yat

Civilian Clothes
Dan Yat 96580899c2c4df9ea92f35b

Superhero Costume
Dan Yat Captr

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Dan Yat
Codename: Captain Daxam
Nickname(s): Danny
Alias(es): None
Birth date: Unknown
Classification: Alien (Daxamite)
Affiliation: Teen Titan

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Height: Normal: 6'0. Captain Daxam: 6'5
Weight: Normal: 200 lbs. Captain Daxam: 295 lbs
Other: N/A

===POWERS===

Powers:
S - for the endless wisdom of Solomon. Dan has exceptional photographic recall and mental acuity allowing him to read and decipher hieroglyphics, recall everything he has ever learned and solve long mathematical equations

H - for the legendary strength of Hercules. Dan has the ability to lift 40 tonnes when he says Shazam under earths gravity

A - for the stamina and might of Atlas. As Captain Daxam Dan does not need to eat, sleep or drink. He is also able to go without rest in Shazam mode for around 3 or 4 days, which is something he would rarely do anyway.

Z - for the overwhelming power of Zeus. As Captain Daxam Dan's muscles and height increase to that where he could be mistaken for an adult. He is also able to use magical lightning bolts as a weapon which shoot from his hand. The power of these lightning bolts can vary depending on who Dan is using them against, if it is a normal human he will keep them around the same power as a stun gun whereas if he goes up against a powerful alien such (I'll use a Kryptonian as an example) he can increase the power to around 100,000,000 volts, which is still not as powerful as some earth lightning strikes, but is the power which hurts Kryptonians but he'll never use these lightning bolts to kill an enemy. These lightning bolts are magical

A - for the courage and invulnerability of Achilles. Captain Daxam is also able to withstand most types of attacks without being harmed. He can easily withstand bullets and knife blades as well as becoming unaffects by any Earth disease. Although people with enough force can hurt him as well as things created by magic

M - for the peerless speed and power of flight of the god Mercury. He is also able to run at incredible speeds under earth's atmosphere, roughly the sound barrier (up to twice sound barrier if pushed). He is also able to fly which he uses as his main source of transportation when not in normal form and he can fly even faster when out in space

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Dislikes: Daxam. Being compared to his brother.

Strengths: Powers. Agility

Weaknesses: Dan's original Daxamite abilities have been taken away, so have his normal weaknesses, but with new powers come with new weaknesses.

His first weakness is that when in human form he is just like any other human. Also when he is in Captain Daxam for he is weak to magical attacks.
When flying around in Shazam form if Dan is caught in a thunderstorm and is hit by a lightning bolt it reverts him back to human form.
If a fast and durable opponent gets in between the lightning bolt and Dan before it transforms him then he wont be able to transform until the lightning successfully hits him.
If he's trapped by some sort of powerful magic shield the lightning bolt can't break through it to change him so he wont be able to do anything until he's free
Due to having the power of Achilles he also has the weakness of Achilles, specifically the weakness in the back of his heel, it's the only part of his body he's not invulnerable on. If hit by an object or person above regular force, eg someone with enhanced strength he'll be reverted back to human form and wont be able to transform again for another 30 mins

Although when hit by lightning he changes back to normal, Dan's body is able to tell the difference between naturally produced lightning and man made lightning, with only natural lightning being able to change him back

Skills: Master of stealth, even without his powers he can break into most places undetected

Equipment: None

Habits/Quirks: If anyone who has known him for a while asks him about Daxam he will change the subject but if he's talking to someone he's just met and trusts them enough he will talk about it

Personality: Dan is very confident in his powers. He will usually not mind being told what to do by the team leader but if he feels that what he is being asked is going too far he wont do it.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family: Sodam Yat - Brother. Diro Yat - Father. Cara Yat - Mother
Place of Origin: Daxam
History: Growing up with a brother who some of the universe adore isn't easy, being compared to him nearly every day is even worse. Whenever someone sees Dan they're like "You're Sodam's brother right? He's so awesome". If he had a penny for every time he's heard it he'd be a billionaire by now. One day it just got too far and Dan decided that he was going to leave Daxam, possibly for good, but he knew it was going to be hard seeing as space travel is almost forbidden on Daxam. After he broke into the space station he stole the first ship he could find so he made sure he wouldn't get caught, but the first one was like an escape pod and it was a very uncomfortable trip. When he arrived on earth he buried his pod in the Earth's crust and got rid of everything to do with Daxam so now he can start his own legacy on Earth so that one day someone might see Sodam and say "You're Dan's brother aren't you?"

Sample RP Do I need one if I have one char accepted? I'll leave this for now but if I do I'll add it later

Last edited by Josh on Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 pm

As I had thought, all against none in favor from everybody I asked. He's just way too strong no matter how you put it. This is definitely not what I meant when I todl you to be very creative with him in order to make him right.

DENIED.

Below you'll find Simca's assessment, and one of the most valuable at it. She understand the ways of tweaking your character enough, has a creative take on it, and goes into much more detail. Read it if you want to change your character.

____

Well, for one thing, his father is actually one of the strongest DC characters in existence; a Daxamite (same as a Kryptonian) Green Lantern, with the Ion Empowerment. That basically makes him on par with Galactus from Marvel.

So, not too fancy on the heritage, but considering the character himself hates it, I might give it a chance I guess.

For the main concern which I believe to be the powers, well, at least he isn't a Green Lantern. xD

Have you ever seen Smallville? The Clark Kent there's powers are very much limited compared to the real Clark Kent; because he's still a teenager and hasn't discovered or developed most of his powers at. At the beginning he only has super strength, speed, nigh-invulnerability and develops X-Ray vision in the fourth episode I believe. And he can't fly.

So, if we're going to allow someone as powerful as that I say we limit his powers to a more controlled manner. What I mean is, he can be a Daxamite, and we limit his powers. Basically, limit Superhuman Strength to 10 tonnes (that's Spider-Man's strength, which compared to the rest to the likes of Superman and Iron Man is minuscule, so it should not be too much). Superhuman Speed I'm not too fancy of giving him; I was originally for Sound-speed, but even that's too fast. Speed is a powerful gamble; there's no point in having more strength than someone when you can dodge every attack they through at you, after all.

So, speed we limit to, say, "capable of running and moving at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete", or somewhere around being fast enough to catch with a running car on foot, but nothing faster than that. That is also Spider-Man's speed, actually, the part in the inverted commas directly copied from the wiki.

Visions, I don't see anything being wrong with them, just as long as he doesn't go about peaking through a girl's panties. o.o The exception to the vision rule is Heat Vision. Now, a real Heat Vision is hotter than the core of the Sun. Not gonna happen. I say around the temperature to melt steel tops. Senses, though; well a real Daxamite's senses are strong enough to sense someone halfway across the earth if they concentrate. That, is a big no-no. So, if we're allowing senses, limit them to a suitable radius; a kilometer, for instance.

Invulnerability is a big thing. A real Daxamite should be able to go through the surface of the Sun and emerge unscathed, and survive a 40 Megaton Nuclear Explosion. Once again, not going to happen. I propose we settle on being able to endure bullets and most human-type attacks with ease, and for stronger, metahuman attacks, pain should be felt, so as not to be god-modding. Though, I don't see anything wrong with something not being to pierce through the skin, which is basically invulnerability in a nutshell.

Super Breath... well, did you know, in the old age comics, Superman once sneezed and accidentally destroyed a solar system?

NO!

No comment on Super Breath. You can limit it, if you want, but no comment from my side. Sorry, but when I read that story about Superman's super breath a few years ago I came to hate the guy for his god-moddedness (though the love returned with Brandon Routh;- hawt~♥!))

Superhuman Stamina; no. A big no. Not as big as the Super Breath 'no', but still a big no. Peak-human stamina (Simca's, Krious', Emblem's level), maybe. Basically, a Daxamite/Kryptonian does not get tired at all, because they are constantly empowered by the Sun. They don't even need to eat, actually. Big, big, no. Not eating, of course, shouldn't make that much of a difference so I got no problem with it. But I say we limit his stamina in such a way that he has to store energy by 'sunbathing' for 2 hours straight, and it cannot go above peak-human level, and just like all others, runs out as he fights. Though he can slightly replenish his reserves if during the fight he can hide for a few posts and find a way to absorb the Sun's rays.

Flight; well, it would make Simca incredibly jealous of him, for one thing. o.o But on a more serious note; its up to you, really. If you wanna allow flight, though, well, a real Daxamite should be able to surpass the speed of light in flight speed; which is a no. Basically his flight speed is the same as his real speed. Though, I'm not against allowing him to reach close to a space-shuttle's speed or even perhaps the sound barrier if he is flying in outer space. But on the earth, same as his earth speed.

=======

Those are what I would suggest if you want to approve him, but if you're not for limiting his powers, than I vote for denial, I'm afraid. Emblem's bad enough; we don't need Superman Junior.

There's my review, hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Took a look at Simca's Supergirl and have edited it to around the same limitations as her but made a bit stronger because the men of Krypton/Daxam are usually slightly stronger than the women, and also Dan's weakness is more available than hers
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character
Name: Simca Simonovna Simakova
Code Name: The Swallow

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:46 am

Josh wrote:
because the men of Krypton/Daxam are usually slightly stronger than the women

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!

Says who!? WOMEN ARE MORE AWESOMEZ THAN MEN ANYDAY!!!!!!

Right.

Must not let sugar-high take control, must not let sugar-high take control, must not let sugar-high take control...

*takes a deep breath*

So... he's not invulnerable? ... Meaning he can be... shot? So... what good will catching bullets do if they can just incapacitate his hand...?

On another note; I liked the old picture MUCH better. o.o The guy in there was hot. XD Now, he's just another dude in tights. Another reason why women pwn. They look awesome in tights and guys... never mind.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Simca wrote:
Josh wrote:
because the men of Krypton/Daxam are usually slightly stronger than the women

Says who!? WOMEN ARE MORE AWESOMEZ THAN MEN ANYDAY!!!!!!

Quote from DC wiki about Supergirl

"She could not, however, survive the conditions inside a star,[citation needed] but can safely approach to within several miles of Earth's sun (10,000,000 degrees F). Though it is suggested she could one day be able to enter the sun and emerge completely unharmed like Superman."

And I didn't even think of the lol, shall add it now.

With the pics we'll just say that the other pic is what his casual look is and the pic now is his hero look (ignore the fact its an actual hero)
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Josh wrote:
Quote from DC wiki about Supergirl

"She could not, however, survive the conditions inside a star,[citation needed] but can safely approach to within several miles of Earth's sun (10,000,000 degrees F). Though it is suggested she could one day be able to enter the sun and emerge completely unharmed like Superman."

That's your own quote. It is "suggested she could one day be able to enter the sun and emerge completely unharmed like Superman". She is not weaker than Superman because she's female, she's weaker cuz she's younger. Want more proof?

Quote from DC wiki about Supergirl from the same page and section your quote came from; except it is the first sentence describing her powers:

"Supergirl is often said to be more powerful than Superman but this is because he holds finely-tuned control over his powers so as not to hurt people. He has stated that with proper training Supergirl can and will be just as powerful as him."

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kara_Zor-El_%28New_Earth%29#Powers

I doubt Dan Yat should have any more control over his powers, or be stronger than Kara. I mean, he's around the same age as Kara, and Kara's been trained by the Amazons and Superman on how to control them. Dan's been... well, not so trained I think.

Though, I meant women in general are more awesome than men. o.o Which is true. Yep. Yes sir-e Bob.

Also, Daxamites are weak to lead to the extent that "while Green Kryptonite can eventually kill Kryptonians after prolonged exposure, once it is removed the pain eases and the Kryptonian's strength and powers eventually return to him/her. For [a Daxamite], any exposure to lead causes pain and weakness permanently, even after he is taken to safety" (source: wiki).

So, does that still apply to him or did you take out that weakness? I'd suggest you take it out, because its overkill XD But I'll leave the modding to Emmy.

So... yeah... o.o
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 pm

For the weakness I've just put lead affects him like Kryptonite affects Kryptonians

And also Superman is faster than Supergirl :P
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm

So... what? Superman said she'll be as strong as him when she's older and properly trained. Being 'strong', doesn't just mean strength, it means all powers.

o.o It's alright. 5 tonnes barely make a difference, I don't mind. I was just pointing out a fact.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm

I take it you keep to these limits. If so, then:

APPROVED

I would like to point out that I do not think there should be a difference between male and female in terms of power.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I've spoke to Emblem about a possible idea and updated the app to suit the idea. I plan to show how he changed to this in a thread in "History of your character" section.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 am

Quote :
He also has practically infinite endurance and inexhaustible stamina.

No, he doesn't. He gets tired like everyone else.

Quote :
He is also able to use magical lightning bolts as a weapon

Explain the power/potential of these bolts, in detail.

Your history needs elaboration. Why has he not evolved Daxamite/Kryptonian powers under the Earth's yellow Sun like his normal biology would force him to do, why does he have the powers of Captain Marvel instead/how did he gain them? You can't just change someone's biology out of the blue like that. As long as Dan was born a Daxamite, that means every single DNA strand in every single one of the 100,000,000,000-something cells in his body are Daxamite. So there needs to be a PRETTY GOOD reason how he suddenly went Shazam...
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 am

Simca wrote:
Your history needs elaboration. Why has he not evolved Daxamite/Kryptonian powers under the Earth's yellow Sun like his normal biology would force him to do, why does he have the powers of Captain Marvel instead/how did he gain them? You can't just change someone's biology out of the blue like that. As long as Dan was born a Daxamite, that means every single DNA strand in every single one of the 100,000,000,000-something cells in his body are Daxamite. So there needs to be a PRETTY GOOD reason how he suddenly went Shazam...

Josh wrote:
I plan to show how he changed to this in a thread in "History of your character" section.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Dear Josh,

Simca did not ask you to quote her. As you nicely quoted her, she wants an elaboration, meaning you need to expand his history of your character. Since I do not see any, you need to create it, and be as precise as possible about this change of biology.

Furthermore, she asked for details on the lightning bolt power. This double quote post of yours did not solve that riddle as well. If it was a Work in Progress, you should have added [WIP] in your post title.

Please so to it that these changes are made, one simple double quote won't do it for you. After this, Simca will have another look at it!

Kind Regards,

Emblem
Back to top Go down

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:03 pm

On Josh's behalf and because I'm the one who told him to quote the post in the first place, I feel I should probably step up and say something. I've actually been helping him construct his character re-vamp of Dan Yat and therefore it would be unfair of me to let this go on without giving an explanation; especially since I apparently put him under fire of both authorities here. Although oddly enough I thought Simca was the one approving this app?

As it was explained to me Josh talked to you, Emblem, about possibly removing Dan's powers and that it would be ok for him to explain how Dan Changed and got new ones in a Roleplay; possibly by a villain, which will be located in the character history. The only reason he had not done so yet was because he wanted to get approved first; as so he could work the exact powers he'd be receiving into his roleplay. (Which BTW he stated in the post he quoted above) Basically, he didn't want to give Dan powers in a roleplay that weren't approved first. A perfect example being the stamina issue that Simca just brought up. Therefore, he cannot explain how he got these abilities because it HASN'T happened yet and doesn't want to type up a LONG winded post of that nature until he's sure what he's able to give himself.

Quote :
"I've spoke to Emblem about a possible idea and updated the app to suit the idea. I plan to show how he changed to this in a thread in "History of your character" section."

The reason for quoting this was because I told him to do so. I thought and am still pretty sure Simca obviously missed it, due to the reasoning for not editing the history already being stated above clearly in the post itself. Although by your response I see that that you might have thought he was trying to go around what she said. Therefore I take blame for that, but on the flip side the response to Simca would've been roughly the same as what was quoted for the exact reasons I mentioned above.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding and that you guys better understanding of the situation now, I take full responsibility for the mix up as well.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Under fire? No pun intended? Simca is reviewing the application, but since I saw no change in a few days, I thought I'd give a slight bump, might he have forgotten or anything. Nah, I do not spew fire everytime a quote is made. I just thought he thought he was done already Wink.

Responsibility? Think I'd grab my specially for St. Paddy's Day-Custom made Green BanHammer for this? Get outta here :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dan Yat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dan Yat   Dan Yat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan Yat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Inactive Characters :: Graveyard-
Jump to: