Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Magic: The Gathering Vote_lcapMagic: The Gathering Voting_barMagic: The Gathering Vote_rcap 
Moon
Magic: The Gathering Vote_lcapMagic: The Gathering Voting_barMagic: The Gathering Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Magic: The Gathering

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Magic: The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm

I know there are a few Magic players on the site, so I thought I'd hold reviews and discussions on Magic: The Gathering.

We start with the new set coming out in February, Gatecrash!

Magic: The Gathering Gatecrash-Symbol

Guys, my mind was blown about how powerful the majority of the cards in Gatecrash are. These are all seriously as powerful as Legendary creatures back in the day.

We're going to go through all the cards one by one, and discuss them. I like going counter-clockwise around the circle, so:

White
Green
Red
Black
Blue
Colorless

And since these cards are in another Ravnica block with all of the guilds to consider, we'll do the guilds, as well.

Azorius 8080ff
Dimir 000080
Rakdos 800000
Gruul 804000
Selesnya 80c080
Orzhov 808080
Izzet 800080
Golgari 004000
Boros ff8080
Simic 004080
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Magic: The Gathering 23374

Wow. What about this isn't extreme? Every combat phase, your creatures get an ability until end of turn. That's even on your opponent's combat phase. All of the partial-white guilds are gonna have fun this time around.

Magic: The Gathering 23338

Okay, again, not too overpowered. Extort's a new ability they've come out with just for Orzhov players. Whenever you have something with Extort on the field, it gives you the ability to pay W/B, and if you do, it causes all of your opponents to lose 1 life. You gain life for the amount of life taken this way. Pretty sweet ability for Orzhov players.

Magic: The Gathering 23339

Alright, so Battalion's another new skill they're introducing. I don't know if it's necessarily belonging to only one color yet, but it looks to be for white. The skill always seems to require two other creatures attacking with said Battalion creature. It reminds me of Banding back in the old days.

Magic: The Gathering 23356

I'm not even going to comment on Gideon. He was overpowered before. I expected him to be now.

Magic: The Gathering 23340

I actually quite like this card. It's balanced, and it's got a pretty good effect, but not one that has you wanting to mug the guy in the store's parking lot.

Last edited by Avytrius on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am

Magic: The Gathering 23346

Alright, so, Evolve's another new ability. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. That's kind of wicked.

Magic: The Gathering 23358

Ok, so, obviously a very great creature, even for the cost of 8. It also features yet another new ability: Bloodrush. Bloodrush from what I've seen so far involves a slightly lower casting cost while the card is in your hand, and part of the cost is also discarding the creature. Until end of turn, an attacking creature gains the creature's power and toughness, AND the creature's special abilities, for instance, in this case, trample. It's a nice system if you ask me, and I see a lot of abuse of it in the future.

Hellkite Tyrant 4RR
Creature- Dragon Mythic Rare

Flying, trample
Whenever Hellkite Tyrant deals combat damage to a player, gain control of all artifacts that player controls.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control twenty or more artifacts, you win the game.

6/5

Yeah, as if having twenty artifacts wouldn't mean you won anyways. This is a great ability to stop all of those pesky artifact decks. No pic was available, sorry guys.

Magic: The Gathering 23375

Wow. This is the ultimate insult to injury card right here. And one of the burner's greatest fantasies.

Magic: The Gathering 23344

I don't really see much use in this other than digging through your deck, but I don't wind up with many useless cards. And I often cast cards instead of discarding them. However, some others have different strategies, so I could see this being effective.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Magic: The Gathering 23345

Magic: The Gathering 23380

Whoa. A creature with Extort that also doubles your mana output? Me gusta.

Magic: The Gathering 23343

Wow, some firebreathing. That's nice. I'm also pretty sure the guildgates count as gates, as well.

Magic: The Gathering 23341

Some flying and Evolve? Do I sense some abuse?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:48 am

Magic: The Gathering 23357

This Cipher ability is freaking amazing with the card. One of my favorite spells is Crippling Chill, which does this without Cipher and lets me draw a card, but this is a pretty sick ability.

Simic Fluxmage 2U
Creature- Merfolk Wizard Uncommon

Evolve
1U, Tap: Move a +1/+1 counter from Simic Fluxmage onto target creature.

1/2

Magic: The Gathering 23347

This could be quite an annoying Cipher ability, if left unchecked.

Magic: The Gathering 23366

Ah, HERE'S one of the overpowered cards I was talking about. It's like a Mortivore that mills people, which is a deadly combination. Instakills are the only way to stop this thing.

Magic: The Gathering 23381

There goes another. Imagine having this out on the field at the same time as Consuming Aberration. That would be a slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic: The Gathering   Magic: The Gathering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic: The Gathering
Page 1 of 1