Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Nightwing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Nightwing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Nightwing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Nightwing Vote_lcapNightwing Voting_barNightwing Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Nightwing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vetro

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:06 pm

"As much as I hate to belabor a point..."

"And still that is often exactly what you do."

"I’m chatty: It’s part of my charm."

Nightwing

Nightwing Batman-RedHood-Nightwing

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Richard John Grayson
Nickname(s): Dick (short for Richard)
Codename: Nightwing (formerly, Robin)
Alias(es): Bird Boy, Former Boy Wonder
Classification: Human
Affiliation: Good

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: Ocean Blue
Height: 5"10'
Weight: 175lbs
Other Traits: N/A

===POWERS===

Powers:
  • Peak Human Conditioning: Although not really a power. Nightwing has been physically trained to achieving the peak conditioning of a man who regularly exercises. This includes:
    • Above-Average Human Strength: Although not actually super-human, Nightwing's strength has reached the top athletic peak of a man. He has been seen kicking a steel door of his hinges and hold up about nearly 1000 pounds of ruble. Nightwing, however, prefers his speed and agility over strength.
    • Above-Average Human Endurance: Although not actually super-human, Nightwing's endurance has reached the top athletic peak of a man. He is able to withstand pain longer than a regular human, and run or fight longer than a regular human. However, still being human, he would still require physical protection for his body.

Skills:
  • Master Detective: Nightwing has experience and training in detective skills, in which his skills have become on pair with Batman himself. This has come about from rigorous training by The Dark Knight on criminology, fencing, stealth, disguise and numerous other combat and none-combat disciplines.

• Skilled Leader: Being both a brilliant and experienced strategist, Nightwing makes as a very skilled leader. Having once served as the leader of the original Teen Titans and currently leading The Outsiders is proof of that skill. Additionally, trying to keep in touch with others of the hero community makes him exceptional at rallying and unifying.

• Master Acrobat: Having been born in Haley's Circus to two acrobats and trained at a young age; he has become a natural athlete, possessing peak agility and acrobatics skills because of it. This includes an ability to do a quadruple somersault (formerly three), just like his parents.

• Exceptional Martial-Artist: Nightwing has experienced rigorous training in various martial-art fields. He knows and is an expert at several of them, emphasized on: Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, Escrima, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Wing Chun, Hapkido, Jiu-jitsu, Karate, Savate, Kendo, Ninjitsu, Boxing and Tang Soo Do. Due to this, he has combined them into a unique style of combat.

• Multi-Lingual: Being the ward of Bruce Wayne, he has been trained very well in this field. Due to this, he is able to speak several different languages which consist of: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Farsi (Persian), Mandarin and Cantonese. He also has a bit of knowledge on Romany and Tamaran (an alien language).

Weaknesses:
  • Temperamental: Nightwing is prone to outbursts of anger; primarily rage or sometimes hate. These outbursts can cloud judgement and make his movements sloppy. Examples of this was when he found out about Tony Zucco, during his encounters against Slade and leaving Batman and (originally) trying to work alone after Batman tries to take him down from his hero mantel.

• Human Body: Since Nightwing is in no way super-human, he is susceptible to anything that a normal human is susceptible to. In other words; Punches and weapons will hurt, toxins will poison, electricity will electrocute, fire will burn, etc. He can also be taken advantaged of if injured.

• Hand-To-Hand Combat: Although he is physically trained to peak human strength, endurance and an exceptional martial artist he is still a human. Armor will hurt him and he can easily break a bone. Those of super-human abilities can easily be of advantage over him.

• Gadgets: Nightwing has a large assortment of gadgets and nick-knacks that he uses to help make up for being a regular human. Due to this, his gadgets have become a reliability. If his utilities become useless, he can easily be taken advantage of.

Equipment:
  • Nightwing Mask - A domino mask that is in the shape of his symbol. The mask is fixed in place with spirit gum, and includes a built-in radio transmitter and Starlight night-vision goggles.
  • Utility Gauntlets -The gauntlets on each of his wrists contain eight compartments in which they can store small weapons and gadgets. They each have a self destruct feature built into them, and, as extra security measures, the suit contains a one-use-only taser charge which automatically emits a high-voltage shock if someone tries to tamper with his gauntlets or boots. Each gauntlet's section contains a wide array of equipment:
    • Lock picks: Self Explanatory.
    • Sonic & Smoke Pallets: Small ball-shaped pallets that release smoke or release sonic waves when thrown.
    • Regurgitation Gas Pallets: Small ball-shaped pallet capsules that release tear gas with a special chemical in it that gives the urge to throw up.
    • 'Wing-Dings': Modified versions of the Batarang or Birdarang in the shape of a shuriken.
    • Batarangs: Modified version of a boomerang in the shape of Batman's symbol. They are sometimes explosive or manually controllable.
    • Grappling Line: A wire line built into an object that, once shot, allows one to move from one secure platform to another.
    • 100,000 Volt Stun Gun: In his right gauntlet, and only one. Nightwing rarely uses this, preferring to use his two shatterproof Eskrima Sticks.

• Utility Boots -Like his gauntlets, each of his boots contain eight compartments in which they can store small weapons and gadgets. They each have a self destruct feature built into them, and, as extra security measures, the suit contains a one-use-only taser charge which automatically emits a high-voltage shock if someone tries to tamper with his gauntlets or boots. Each boot's section contains a vital elements such as:
    • Flares: Otherwise known as a Signal Flare. They are a type of pyrotechnic that produces a brilliant light or intense heat without an explosion.
    • Rebreather: A small, portable one. It is an object that allows circulation of air. Used to protect against air-born none-contact toxin or to breathe in situations that would otherwise not allow him to breathe in required oxygen (such as; underwater).
    • Mini-Computer: The computer is equipped with a small built-in GPS, fax, modem and a mini-disk re-writable drive.
    • First-Aid Kit: Small and compact. It is used to treat minor wounds until able to obtain proper care. A wide variety of anti-toxins also fit into this section.
    • Mini-Cell phone: Self Explanatory.
    • Flexi-Cuffs: Otherwise known as Plastic handcuffs or PlastiCuffs. It is a form of physical restraint device made out of a plastic instead of the normal metal handcuffs.
    • Wireless Listening Device: Basically a wireless earpiece that allows one to talk between the person it is connected too, or one to listen into an intercepted conversation of another talking/listening device.
    • Small Halogen Flashlight: A small, portable, flashlight. Pretty much self-explanatory.

• Eskrima Sticks - Two shatter-proof bow-staff-like objects made out of polymer. Often used in both offensive and defensive situations. Both sticks reach about 1 foot long and are kept in large spring-loaded pouches in the back of Nightwing's costume for easy access.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:
Born to inspire, Nightwing is a natural leader. Being born into a family of acrobats makes it easy to be in the spotlight, to inspire the “crowd” of those watching. Despite the dark events in his past and growing up in the dreary city of Gotham; Nightwing has a very playful or ‘childish’ nature. This playful attitude gives him a lot of optimism, although does know about the dangers of crime fighting. Nightwing often comes across as a person who is talkative and cocky, making small sarcastic jokes here and there or just poking around proving to have a sense of humor. He doesn’t brood about his parent’s deaths either, having moved past their deaths, although certain events can still trigger horrific memories.

Despite his overly cheery nature, Nightwing is also prone to outbursts of rage. This is proven on several occasions including his previous encounters with Slade, after finding out about Tony Zucco and after Batman tries to take him off his hero mantel. When dealing with the crime world, Nightwing suddenly becomes strict, stern and serious which overall does an about face to his normal upbeat personality. Although he has a profession in hunting down criminals, he has become obsessed with hunting them down. This is shown more prominently when he learns about Slade for the first time, showing that his obsession has started to become less severe over time.

Nightwing has a habit of holding grudges, contrary to his usual demeanour, sometimes leading into his obsession. Another flaw that is noticeable about Nightwing is that he’s very competitive, always aiming to win and getting angry if he loses.

Even with his childish nature and flaws, he stills cares deeply for those he considers friends. He will fight to the finish, even giving up his own freedom or happiness, in order to defend them.

Strengths:
  • Optimistic
  • Good sense of Humor
  • Skilled Leader
  • Strategist
  • Strong-Willed
  • Kind hearted

Interests:
  • Action Movies
  • Eating Junk Food
  • Winning (although not as excessive as before)
  • Listening To Music
  • Martial Arts/Working Out
  • Being with his friends
  • Watching the sunrise
  • Video Games
  • Sports (basket ball, football)

Habits:
  • Immature
  • Obsessive about hunting down criminals
  • Making playful/cocky remarks, quips or witty banter
  • Holding Grudges

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members:

• John Grayson (Biological Father - Deceased)
  • Mary Grayson (Biological Mother - Deceased)
  • Bruce Wayne (Legal Guardian/Adoptive Father & Mentor)
  • Jason Todd (Adoptive Brother)
  • Tim Drake (Adoptive Brother)

Place of Origin: Haley's Circus (traveling around), Gotham City (after adoption)
Current City: Jump
History:
I was born on November eleventh to acrobats John and Mary Grayson as Richard John “Dick” Grayson. As a child my parents and I were a family of acrobats known as “The Flying Graysons” at Haley’s Circus. We had a specialty with the trapeze and we preformed without a net. The circus has stopped off in Gotham for the first time. The difference was that while I was preparing for the performance once, I overheard two gangsters try and attempt to gain ‘protection money’ from the circus owner. The circus owner had refused, obviously knowing that they wouldn’t protect. But because he wouldn’t give them the money, my life had gone for a loop during performance day.

I woke up, everything was fine. We had gotten into our suits and were ready for the trapeze. But as my parent’s swung from the trapeze, just as I was about to join them... The rope snapped and they were sent to their deaths; sprawled out on the cold floor. The trapeze had been rigged, and I had failed to warn them about the events of the night before. At that time I felt like it was my fault that I could have done more.

Everyone could always do more.

I was going to go tell the police everything after the incident, but I was stopped by Batman. He appeared to me and gave me a warning. He said that the two gangsters from before worked for a very powerful crime boss named Tony Zucco. He told me that he was my parent’s killer, and that if I revealed my knowledge it would lead to my death as well.

After the funeral I ended up getting adopted by Bruce Wayne, one of Gotham’s famous billionaires. I wasn’t happy about it at first, not at all. Most kids would, but I was just concerned about stopping Tony Zucco. Bruce wasn’t around much either, Alfred had taken care of me. But one night while I was sleeping near the fire place, a habit that had been picked up since my parent’s portrait was placed there, I noticed the grandfather clock open and Alfred come out. I hid until I knew he wasn’t looking and, curiosity getting the best of me, I went down the staircase and into the Bat Cave.

That was around the time I discovered Bruce was Batman. And I became Robin in order to help him stop Tony Zucco. Together we had stopped him and he was arrested. From then on out I continued to help fight alongside The Dark Knight as one of Gotham’s crime fighters. During this time I was trained mentally and physically that normal children wouldn’t, it was rigorous.

But all things come to an end. I left Batman around the age of 17, moving to Jump City in an attempt to work as a lone super hero. This was mostly out of anger, since after I was shot once while out in the field Batman tried to take me off the mantel of Robin. I was furious about it, I had thought that he was treating me like a child and didn’t want to deal with that. But Bruce did let me move, although the town was still close to Gotham.

The intention was to go solo, but that changed when I met with the Titans. Starfire had escaped a ship and started rampaging through the city. That was how I met with Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven. We all confronted Starfire, and after a brief but very dangerous fight I freed her from her bindings.

She kissed me. But it was in order to learn how to speak English, that was how Tamaranians learned new languages; through lip contact. But at the time I was too busy stammering to figure it out. She flew away to go find her captors, and the rest of us went out to find her. Once we found her, we helped her fight her captors and after we defeated them I gave them all a communicator. That was how we started up the TeenTitans, and I became their leader.

As the self-appointed defenders of Jump City, we ran into several villains. One of them, and the most memorable, was Slade. He always managed to be one step ahead, he was manipulative and shady. He had ways of just getting into your head and toying around with it like a piece of soft putty. I’ve experienced the type of mind games he can play with a person, and it made me do some big mistakes I will never forget. When I first heard of his name I became obsessed. I thought of nothing more than to hunt him down. I had nearly lost myself, nearly crossed over that fine line between hero and villain twice because of him. He wasn’t like the villains of Gotham, he sounded sane. And that’s how his game works.

I wasn’t the only one to be tricked by him though. A girl named Terra fell to those mind games as well. And even though he was suppose to be dead, he never did stay dead. I had experienced an illusion of him that nearly killed me and my sanity, triggered by a dust-like substance in his mask. And after that, around Raven’s birthday he came back. He was alive, and had been after Raven, claiming it to be for a prophecy. I tried to help Raven, and that’s how I found out about Trigon.

Eventually she opened the portal to let Trigon through... and we were the only ones left not petrified by his power. And while the rest of the Titans were out fighting him, I went off with Slade into the underworld. We were searching for two different things, and although I found Raven.... it had been through his help. After we defeated him, Slade got away again. Although I was infuriated, I eventually did let it go.

And now, everything seems so.... weird. Things have changed so much since then, we've separated and grown apart. While others went their separate ways I moved to Bludhaven, a town in desperate need of a hero. I dropped the mantel of Robin, which has since then been taken up by another person. Now I go by the name Nightwing, patrolling the streets of Bludhaven. But looking back, I can’t help but wonder how Jump’s been doing.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sample RP

Dark, dank, gloomy and crime infested...

Those four words are what described the city of Blüdhaven; the city that Nightwing operated in. The way the city looked and the foggy atmosphere of the area reminded him of his time Gotham. Both cities were very similar, to the point that if Nightwing didn’t know any better he could say that the two cities were based off each other. In reality, if you took a look into their histories, they weren’t. The crime rate in Blüdhaven was more excessive and out of control than in Gotham, since it went so long without a hero; and while Gotham had enough psychopaths to turn Arkham Asylum into its own civilization. Blüdhaven was home to several crime lords, general thieves, assassins and mercenaries. Most of which could be considered relatively sane. Needless to say it wasn’t a safe town to live in, even after Nightwing arrived in town, and it was obvious.

Upon looking to the past; the whole situation was quite funny, really. The town Nightwing had been in years back was bright, cheery and full of sunshine even with all those of-hand criminals running around. The team he had operated way back then always had time to have some childish fun, and get irritated at the bad timing those villains had. If compared to Blüdhaven; this city was an about-face. That didn’t change the fact that so much had happened to him and his friends in Jump City....

’In fact, part of what happened back there is what made me who I am today,’ Nightwing thought to himself as his figure loomed over the city from the shadows. Several lights shone bellow him, belonging to several buildings and streetlamps, illuminated the city within the night. Those lights danced with the fog that blanketed over the city, probably caused by pollution from industrial structures. The view gave the city an eerie look, which matched perfectly with its status. The fog was more noticeable at night than during the day, but even then it was hard to notice unless given a good view of the city. That place is where Nightwing sat right now; on top of a gargoyle that watched over Blüdhaven’s town hall from high above. In his ear was a wireless earpiece, waiting to be contacted about any inconveniences.

Usually the heroic vigilante didn’t have the time to sit down and reminisce about past events, or he’d just make sure he didn’t. He didn’t like staying in the past; he wasn’t like Batman who would brood over his losses. Past was just that after all; past. Tonight though was different, he was lounging around on a gargoyle in the wee hours of the night, drinking a cup of coffee, and not a word about criminal activity. Though like everyone; he needed that time by himself to just sit and think. His thoughts drifted back to the years were the titans were still considered a “junior justice league”. 'I hated us being called that. I was on rocky roads with Batman already, and didn't want to be related to his team. But there was some irony in that nickname; most of us just happened to join the league after growing up,' A small chuckle escaped Nightwing’s throat as that thought came across his mind, putting the coffee cup down in his lap. As most of them stopped being teenagers, they couldn’t really be ‘teen titans’ anymore. Then shortly after they had quit, they all just lost touch with each other....

They had drifted apart.

'That’s just how the cookie crumbles. Nothing can last forever,' Nightwing’s thoughts were interrupted as he heard a beeping sound in his ear. It was about time something came up. Allowing a grin to form on his face, Nightwing lifted up his left hand and pressed a finger against the device in his ear as if answering a call. "Yep?," He asked, voice almost expecting. His finger was still placed against the device. Oracle's voice shot into his ear from the other end.

"Nightwing!, Clayface is in town. I just got news on him breaking into a chemical compound. Red Arrow's already on his way there an-," She was cut off by a chuckle from Nightwing. Sometimes he wondered how Gotham's villains got this far without being caught by the bat himself. Though, it gave him something to do, so he was fine with it, as long as it didn't happen every day. Nightwing's response came shortly after the chuckle, his tone of voice was light and casual.

"Consider me already there too," Nightwing stood up on the gargoyle and took out his line-launcher with one hand, while the other held an empty coffee cup. He would drop it in a garbage can on the way over, no use in littering. Then he cocked the line-launcher, ready to launch the cord before hearing Oracle speak up again.

"I sent you the coordinates. And Nightwing, don't be reckless. Please, just try to be careful," Another chuckle came out of him, she needed to stop worrying. He would be fine, he always was. After all; he wasn't a kid anymore. He could handle himself perfectly fine. As Nightwing prepared to launch again he brought up another comment, she had nothing to worry about.

"Come on Oracle, it's me, remember? I'll be fine!," And then he launched the line, pulling on it once to make sure it was secure before swinging to the roof of the next building. He continued this for each building, heading to the direction to Clayface and Red Arrow's location. Their conversation had a long pause of silence as Nightwing went from each building. After a while, he heard her say one more thing before ending the conversation.

"That's what worries me the most." As the line went blank, he felt himself drifting back into his thoughts again. It was hard to forget all of what happened back there, they had a lot of good times together. They had really been so desperate to keep each other close, and they separated anyways. Another funny thing. But he'd have to get back to that later, right now he had to arrest Clayface. He had arrived at his destination, and that was his top priority.

Red Arrow was already there, and that was all of a distraction he needed. Nightwing put away the line-launcher and activated the spring to release the Eskrima Sticks in his back pouch before jumping down into the battle field. He'd have to contact Batman about this when the battle was over... But for one, one more thought flew through his mind before he completely focused on Clayface.

'Maybe it's time I should give Jump a visit.'
Back to top Go down

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Claimed. I will review this character. Expect a reply soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Nightwing Kamina88

Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nightwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightwing   Nightwing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightwing