Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Just a thought - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust a thought - Page 2 Voting_barJust a thought - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Just a thought - Page 2 Vote_lcapJust a thought - Page 2 Voting_barJust a thought - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Just a thought

Go down 
+3
Glenn
The Muse
Thr33
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

Just a thought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 am

Doing a quick google search, I keep finding the answers "late January" and "near next year".
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

SOPA has been shelved!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/ DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 pm

SOPA might have been shelved, but that doesn't mean it's gone. The bill (as well as the PIPA) are still getting lots of attention, and can be reintroduced at any time.
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Well actually because of a consensus, SOPA was unshelved and voting for it will be on the 24th. God damn it!
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 pm

The big kicker of this is that these bills will in no way stop piracy. There will always be sites able to be accessed where you can get torrents of music, games, movies, etc. I believe Krious mentioned that Pirate Bay has been blocked where he lived? If that's true, are you able to get onto a proxy website and get onto Pirate Bay?
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

For Americans, go here! http://americancensorship.org/

For none Americans, this is for you! http://americancensorship.org/#petition-state-department
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character
Name: Krious Alistair
Code Name: Krious
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 am

Crazy Moon wrote:
The big kicker of this is that these bills will in no way stop piracy. There will always be sites able to be accessed where you can get torrents of music, games, movies, etc. I believe Krious mentioned that Pirate Bay has been blocked where he lived? If that's true, are you able to get onto a proxy website and get onto Pirate Bay?

I agree, it will not stop piracy and will hinder everyone, not just pirates. The Pirate Bay has been blocked by 2 ISP's in my country, fortunately I'm with another ISP so I don't have this problem. Still you are correct, there are multiple ways around this and one of them is using a proxy.

What this bill proposes is blocking websites through the DNS (Domain Name System). The DNS translates a url (for instance: http://www.google.com) to a server IP address (The computer where the website is located). If you know this address then you can directly go to the site without getting blocked. There are already several plugins that skip this and directly point you to the address instead of the DNS available for Chrome & Firefox.

I'll throw around some tips & tricks should this bill pass.
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 am

I would appreciate those tips & tricks Krious. Random note that relates to websites blocking you. On my previous phone which was a Samsung Strive, it had two forms of a web browser on it. Now on the one I used mainly, for some reason I was banned on the site 4chan because it thought I was a former member who used a proxy to access the site and was banned for it. Now this confused me a bit because I had never been to 4chan before I saw that ban, but when I tried getting on the website with the other browser, it never once mentioned me being banned so I assumed that maybe my phone had two different IP addresses. Now to make this relevant, could I potentially do the same with my current phone, a Samsung Captivate if I downloaded FireFox, Google Chrome, Opera, and etc? Would each browser get a new IP address? If so then wouldn't this be a way to bypass blocks? There is always changing your IP address manually to make it seem you're in a different area.
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:22 am

The IP address will always stay the same. What that browser did was contact their server, their server then loaded the website and then sent it to you. So to keep it simple it was as if you were browsing on their server, not you phone. I believe the mobile browser Opera Mini does the same, but it's possible this is done through american servers.

I'm not sure plugins work on mobile versions of Firefox/Chrome since I only use the default browser. I know there are mobile plugins for firefox but I don't know if these are the same. I wouldn't be surprise if they are not. Try out the above mentioned Opera Mini, not sure if it works but it could, otherwise there is always ninjaproxy and the like.

Manually changing your IP address is impossible, this is assigned to your connection by your ISP an has nothing to do with a browser. Either you have a static IP or a dynamic IP. Static means it will ALWAYS be the same, dynamic changes over time but stays roughly the same (An ISP has an IP range assigned to them so you stay within that range). The only way to sort of change your IP is using a proxy, which is really only a second computer you use inbetween you and the website you are trying to load.
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 am

Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 am

Well thanks for the information Krious. Let's just hope we don't have to resort to those things...
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 am

Static IP can't be changed unless you ISP is willing. They will probably not do that without a good reason.

Dynamic IP can be changed but it will stay within the range the ISP has been given. You cannot suddenly get a Chinese IP, it will stay american in your case. An IP is leased and the time it takes to refresh also depends on your ISP. Once a week, once a year both are possible. The longer the lease time the more difficult to change. This is probably already explained in that link but I'm just pointing out that this won't help at all. You have an american IP and it will, through normal means, always stay american. If it was as easy to switch your IP why would proxies exist?

Tip: Don't mess with this stuff. Your ISP may ban/block or otherwise stop you from getting on the net. As is their right.
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:48 am

Yea I know, as I am also pretty sure that I WOULD screw up my internet access if I attempted this. And I got that it would be in a similar area to your current IP address from that link also. Didn't misread. So what else is there to discuss
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 am

I believe we've covered everything. I'll try to find something for your mobile browser and let you know if I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thought
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next