Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 65 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Vote_lcapCold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Voting_barCold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Vote_rcap 
Moon
Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Vote_lcapCold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Voting_barCold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Empty
PostSubject: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:04 pm

It took a few days, but finally JaK was all healed up and was ready to get back into the field. First thing's first, however, he promised a certain someone that he would help teach her some techniques to aid her in hand to hand combat and that's exactly what he planned to do. Sage if anything thought himself to be a man of his word at the very least. It was 5 minutes until they're scheduled appointment was to take place and JaK was hoping she wouldn't be late. He was really eager to get going, in fact, he was doing intensive stretching to pass the time. Putting both legs behind his head while holding his entire body above the ground with just his palms and freezing in that position as he stretched. The boy himself looking calm and tranquil as a monk as he did this. The location of the training session was in the simulator which was on a gym setting today. The simulated holographics mocking that of a boxing or mixed martial arts dojo. There were multiple weight benches, punching bags, fake boxers and fighters walking around; plus a giant ring in the center of the room. Sage being seen on the floor mats near the ring as he did his stretches. His attire was simple today, just ripped blue skinny jeans which were supposed to be make-shift gym shorts of some sorts and everywhere else on his pale grey body was bare. His muscular figure looking as if it had never received a scar in is life when really just a few days ago the flesh was burnt to a crisp tar black. Now all that was left was for him to wait, wait and hope that the day didn't end in a fight and with him getting frozen solid or worse should he piss his temporary student off too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:05 pm

The entire point of this, Grace thought as she stood outside the simulator, was to get rid of her dependency on her powers. She was here to learn martial arts so she could beat people out without resorting to ice-bending. This meant that she couldn't use her powers in this training session. She had to learn how to handle herself, ninstead of ice.

Opening the door, Grace walked into the simulator and was suprised to see a small crowd of martial artists walking around and meditating. It took her a few seconds to locate Sage, who was ballanced on his hands with his feet behind his head. She walked up to him with a calm face and asked "Did one of these guys do this to you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:18 pm

"Ha. Funny, but no it's always good to stay limber...Especially if you need to jump kick some guy a foot or so taller than you."

As JaK spoke after seeing his student for the day had arrived, he looked her up and down and then transferred hismelf back to a more normal sort of stance. Afterwards standing back up on his feet before cracking his back by putting his hands behind him, cupping them together, and leaning to the side."

"So ya ready? Like the outfit by the way, a bit more revealing than your usual stuff." Wink

JaK was joking of course, however, he did eye Grace every once and a while on the daily bases when he remembered she was a girl rather than just another teammate. Then usually something would happen to make him loathe her enough that not even her appearance could save face in his mind. Today, however, there would be none of that. He was going to keep good energy with her and hopefully there would be no arguing between them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:20 am

Grace started with a half-hearted stretch until Sage commented on her 'revealing' outfit. She looked down at it. A short black skirt and a sleeveless shirt that didn't quite reach to her belly-button. She was also wearing tennis shoes instead of boots. Was this too revealing for Southern society? She had seen women wear much more revealing things, even around Jump City.

In the Koori Tribe, it was a compliment for a man to study a woman's figure. It meant that the woman was attractive and healthy. Grace had never fully understood the Southern stigma behind it. Up North, women's beauty was used to banish evil spirits, but down South, it almost seemed to summon them. Everyone seemed so...cold down here. Why was Sage of all people being so nice today? She wondered if it was a trick so that he could further insult her later. She decided to stay on her guard.

"I'm glad you approve. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I already did some warming-up: jogging, stretching, a light work-out. Where do we start?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:41 am

JaK clapped his hands together at hearing this, happy that she had at least already somewhat worn herself out or gotten pumped because in a real life situation fights rarely happened when you're rested and at 100%.

"Ok, first thing's first, you're a female.....Let that sink in....As such I'm not saying you can't kick ass on the regular bases, but you having no super durability and not being physically imposing like Wonder Woman can't take as much punishment from big bruisers as say I or Dan could've. That in mind, you also can't dish out the same amount of punishment, however, that makes things easier. It gives you a better focus on ground work without having to worry about over powering a target. All fights or at least most of them are lost when your opponent loses his footing. Your footing is everything, understand that right away. Without proper footing you can end up getting run through by a machete, shot by a stray arrow or bullet, and knocked unconscious by a random thug. Ok, so now were going to teach you how to render a much more imposing foe temporarily bewildered by taking them off balance. This is done by watching how they telegraph their body language. For example, if I run at you with a right hook like most hired henchmen usually do. Your first instinct shouldn't be to try and block it, but rather avoid and then sweep his footing or use his own momentum against him. I'm gonna try this right now, when I run at you I want you to dodge my blow and then hip toss me as hard as you can; don't hold back. Since you say you've been studying me I assumin you already know or have the basic idea of how to do this?"

That being said, JaK took a few steps back and waited for Grace to signal that she was ready and then ran at her yelling out in his usual ferocious manner. He wouldn't hold back his punch for her sake, he needed to have that fear that this was real and she could get hurt. Training gloves was a luxury of time and that's something a TEEN Titan didn't have much of in their career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:05 am

Grace could remember seeing Sage perform the attack that he was describing several times. It didn't sound like anything too hard.

She nodded, and Sage came running at her. When he was about ten feet away, she jumped down to the ground. She went down a bit too quickly, however, and the kick that she aimed for Sage's ankles was weak. Still, it just might trip him up.

Grace felt pain in her wrists. She had done that way too fast, she decided. Nothing was damaged, it just hurt a lot from the sudden impact of her hands on the floor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:38 am

As Grace immediately dropped down and went for a leg sweep JaK's eyes twinkled, the recognition of what she had done rendering in his mind and the immediate counter measure coming to him mentally. First leaping over the leg and diving head first into the ground where he would roll to recover on impact ending up just behind Grace and then reached back grabbing her hard by the back of her head and pulling her close. The intent being to show her if he was a trained assassin or anything more than a street rat/big bully she could've had her neck snapped or been at his mercy. Instantly after yanking her close by the hair he let go of her and pushed the Koori forward getting up and speaking as he walked back to the starting position from which he ran.

"Again. You need patience, and you lack confidence. You did good by anticipating my move, which I telegraphed, but then you telegraphed back to me. Fighting is and can be a very dangerous chess game of which you do need to be two moves ahead. Your weak leg kick might've caught Joe Shmoe off guard, but to anyone trained in any type of dojo your counter would've been re-countered instantly. Think clearly and positively about what I'm doing and what you're going to do and then time your reaction perfectly because in most cases your life depends on it. Now...Again."

JaK was being a bit harsh, in all honesty she did what he told her to do and it would've worked maybe on most regular people, but they weren't the police. Their job was to do regular, Titans are called when the irregular comes busting down the front door. This time running at her without yelling out loud and had a more focused look on his face, a look of silent intimidating aggression.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 am

Sage jumped over Grace's leg and grabbed her in a choke-hold. That wasn't fair! That wasn't what he had told her he was going to do? Did Sage think this was a real fight? She just wanted to learn some moves. Grace almost decided to freeze Sage into ice right then and there, but she held herself back.

Sage let go and started talking about how fighting was like a game of chess. You had to read what the opponet was going to do and act accordingly. Acting by what they were already doing would get you dead.

Telegraph this. Telegraph that. If Grace heard him say the word 'telegraph' one more time she was going to freeze his face.

So basically, Grace couldn't show what she was about to do. That made sense. Anyone with a brain would dodge an attack that they saw coming.

Sage came running back at her, silent and menacing this time. Grace waited until he was 10 feet away again and then jumped to the floor quickly, extending her foot. It appeared as though she was doing the exact same move as last time, although a less excited version of it. At the last second, however, she would jump off the ground and aim a kick for where Sage's legs would be if he jumped (or where his stomach would be if he didn't). It wasn't what he had told her to do, but Grace figured that if he could cheat, then so could she.

"Telegraph this!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 am

JaK noticed Grace had no response for him as he came charging at her, but that was ok. He expected her to be mad. Especially since she hated being touched, but she better get used to it because at the rate she was going they were going to be at this all day....Or maybe not? It would seem this time as JaK charged at her in a full bailout sprint instead of trying to sweep him she jumped up in a show of athletic prowess he rarely saw from the Koori, if at all, and hit him in the jaw with a well placed kick. The move itself causing JaK to drop to the ground as if KO'd. One would imagine that Grace must've felt bad now, since JaK had given her explicit instructions on what to do. Instead she had surprised the boy who was teaching her his craft and knocked him out. However, it would be shown moments later that he was fine via kipping back up to his feet before dropping into a knelt position and rubbing his chin. At first JaK had a murderous scowl on his face, but then just chuckled and looked back at the girl with a smirk.

"Very good. Now you're learning...Always go with your gut. Even though I told you one thing, you decided to do another and so far that's kept me alive in a lot of situations where I should've probably ended up at Gotham or Jump City cemetery. Had you actually tried to sweep me the same thing would've happened to you again that I did the first time. You caught on a lot quicker than I thought. So with that in mind, lets move on..."

JaK then stood up and walked over to an area behind the ring and came back with a rolling tray table full of guns, arrows, knives, grenades, and balls of all shapes and sizes.

"To evasive maneuvering..."

At that all the martial artist, boxers, gymnasts, and cage fighters around Grace would back away from the immediate area around her. Although they were virtual beings it was as if the simulator itself knew how F'N crazy JaK must be to do what hes about to do.

"I know you're probably wondering what this has to do with fighting, and I'll tell you. If I had a penny or a nickel for every time I was taking on some guy or some guy and his friends, and some punk from out of no where tried to hit me with a projectile...Well...I could buy us another Tower...Preferably by the beach this time so we could catch some waves, and check out all the---"

As Jak began day dreaming about all the beautiful girls in bikinis while he sat on top of a sand castle themed T-shaped tower drinking lemonade under the sun. He quickly snapped back to reality when he saw the look of Grace's expression.

"Riiiight, anyway this exercise will help teach you how to rely less on you powers to block incoming objects and more on you own skills and reflexes. Which will be key for when you're facing an opponent in a fight and his allies try to blind side you. So basically, I'm going to try and hit you with these things and you're going to try and dodge them. Sound good?"

As JaK said this he would pick up the glock and point it mockingly at Grace with one eye closed.

"Don't worry by the way, I've pre-set the simulator to have anything that hits you break into digital specs upon impact; but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. So ya, whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm

It felt good to kick Sage in the face. Really good.

Sage explained how evading projectiles was important in a fight. Grace had to agree. She had spent too much time and energy in combat buffering up her ice armor. If she was going to get tougher, she needed to be able to dodge.

Grace nodded and the exercize began. JaK shot bullets at her, and all of them hit their mark. She tried jumping to the side, jutting about unpredictably, and even predicting where he was going to shoot. None of it worked, however. The knives, grenades, and other weapons were slightly better, but she was still getting hit far more often than she liked.

It was always so easy to shield herself, but this was hard. Even with all her recent physical training, she was still too slow. As another bullet hit her and vanished into holographic particles, Grace fell to her knees, winded.

A man's voice came from the door to the Training Room. "I see that you're still training yourself. Good. Don't let this test discourage you, Grace." The voice belonged to a man of slightly taller than average height. Black hair reached almost to his purple eyes. The eyes seemed unnatural, somehow, as though purple was not the original color. The man wore a black uniform with golden crests on the shoulders. It was notable that the tower's security alarm had not gone off.

Grace looked at the man and gasped as her eyes filled with tears. "Brother."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:49 pm

"Haha. Maybe I should start covering my eyes, you might dodge one. Just kidding, but seriously heads up!"

That being saiid, JaK would toss a baseball into the air before holding a wooden bat in both hands and knocking one right at her just as Grace dropped to her knees on the ground. No sooner had he done so he heard more encouraging words coming from the entrace to the sumulator, but the odd things was...He didn't recognize it. This disturbed JaK greatly. Grabbing the gun from the tray he turned pointing it at the man and directed a question to him.

"Whoa, Whoa, this is a closed training session and I don't appreciate sneak attacks at my house!!"

However, no sooner had JaK threatened the man would Grace speak up identifying the man..

"Brother!?"

As soon as the word parted JaK's lips he put the fake firearm behind his back and smiled.

"Hehe, my bad dude. Grace neglected to tell us we were having guest..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Argo, Grace's older brother, looked calm even with a gun pointed at his face. "She didn't know. I dropped in for a suprise visit. Come to think of it, I haven't seen you at all for almost an entire year, Grace. I can tell you've gotten stronger, and I'm proud of you. Our line is powerful, so everyone expects great things from you. By the way, don't be sad about not being able to dodge bullets. They're fast. It took me a long time before I cold dodge them."

Grace stood and walked over to her brother. She embraced him in a hug, which he accepted.

As JaK put the gun behind his back, Argo looked at the teen boy and smiled. "You must be one of Grace's teammates. I am Argo Koori. Please forgive my uninvited visit. I simply had some family business to attend to. Who might you be? You wouldn't happen to be her...fiance, would you?"

Grace was terrified by the word and slapped her brother on the shoulder. "He is no such thing, Argo!"

Argo smiled. "Then who is he?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am

What the heck, fiance? At this age!? Was Grace's brother on crack, most of the men her age had just conquered their acne issues and he was asking her about signing her life away? Don't get JaK wrong, the prospect of hooking up with Grace had crossed his mind once or twice before, but being engaged and having a fling or date were two ENTIRELY different things...Well not entirely really, but vastly different.

"Err, um ya, JaK Sage leader of the Teen Tita---Well Ex-Leader, and not of the whole Teen Titans, just a branch of it---How did you get in here??"

JaK Sage would try to introduce himself to Grace's brother Argo, but he found himself getting tongue tied because of what was on his mind. This guy just said he could dodge bullets, that's fine, Sage got that; but to be able to get past the Titans security system took magic. Not even Batman or the Flash can get in here without triggering some kind of alert. A flicker of the lights, tripping the silent alarm or the back up silent alarm...Something!!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Argo's smile seemed to turn arrogant as he answered JaK's question. "I walked." He pointed out the door. If Jak looked out and to the side a little bit, he would see that the majority of the tower was covered in ice. In fact, the Tower, except for this room, was frozen solid. The security alarms would have gone off, but they had been frozen too quickly. "I appologize for the intrusion. I simply wanted this to be a suprise visit."

Argo's eyed JaK, as though trying to memorize what he looked like. "JaK Sage, Leader of this branch of the Teen Titans. I'm sure I've heard about you somewhere. I've never actually heard what it is the Teen Titans do. Some sort of charity work?"

"We protect Jump City from villains," Grace said in a suddenly patriotic way. She wanted to look like she actually wanted to be in the Teen Titans. Argo would bot happily accept her joining an organization that was 'beneath' her.

"Ah. I see." Argo did not seem impressed, but he didn't seem disappointed, either. "I originally thought that you lead the Titans, Grace. After all, wasn't it part of your plan to recruit powerful individuals?"

Grace didn't want to discuss this in front of Sage, but it seemed inevitable. He needed to know eventually. "Um...That's why I've stuck with the Titans. We have a lot of tough guys here."

Argo looked confused now as he stared at Jak. "So...you are one of my sister's suitors?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:03 am

"Uhh, Suitor?"

Truthfully, JaK had no idea what that word meant, but how could Argo here have known that JaKy here didn't even make it through the 4th grade before going on the run, much less learn advanced vocabulary. But he would try to guess what he meant anyway, not wanting Argo to think he was stupid or anything. If he had to make an educated guess based on what he said before that JaK assumed 'Suitor' meant poweful friend or ally.

"I mean ya, of course I am. Grace and I have been through a lot together as of late."

JaK would then fold his arms and nod assuringly. He of coruse thought he was powerful in his own right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.   Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Steel - Grace & JaK training session.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next