Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Looking Forward (Honest) Vote_lcapLooking Forward (Honest) Voting_barLooking Forward (Honest) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Looking Forward (Honest) Vote_lcapLooking Forward (Honest) Voting_barLooking Forward (Honest) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Looking Forward (Honest)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

Looking Forward (Honest) Empty
PostSubject: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 pm

It was midnight, but, it was a clear and starry night. On top of a large hill, just outside of Jump City and surrounded by the forest, there was a large, crackling fire. One very old soul, bound and somehow still moving inside of a very young body was reading from a book even older than he. The glow of the fire gave him what he needed as he skimmed through the book. He flipped from page to page to page, looking for something that he knew he could never find...

"Gah!"

The frustrated guy chucked the book into the fire. It was of no use to him now...although he knew he couldn't destroy the powerful book. Looking back at the fire, he saw the book, levitating right next to the flames but moving away as a flame would grow near it. The boy grabbed the book again took a chance. Randomly opening the deceivingly large text, sometimes gave him what he wanted, and he wasn't having any luck with what he was doing.

The page was a simple beaconing spell. He tossed the book aside in anger and covered his face with his hands. "What am I supposed to do!?"

He looked over the city. All the lights and the cars moving and making noise...he had been there when the city was just being born...What more awaited him here...Why should he still live anyway!? He could feel the weights of his lives leaving him. He only and three left and they could easily be lost. What was he to do if he wanted to continue. He'd been alive for so long...he didn't know what it would be like for it to all end...end for good...

Forget about his ambitions in life! He knew, in a city like this, he'd have to take extra precautions if he wanted his ambitions to become a reality. He wasn't an idiot, there were plenty of heroes in the city that could end him in this state but...if he had just a little more power...maybe he could find a way back...or make this world like how his was...

Usually his spellbook opened to a page for a reason...maybe this beacon spell would be helpful in a way that he couldn't see right now...He rose from the ground and walked over to the old leather bound book and rose it near his eyes.

"Lumrikanth...silvit...mikranorrrrr...." he whispered. Suddenly, he felt a great power from the book as it glowed a bright silver color. He lifted it above his head and a ray of light shot up into the sky! Wind blew around him wildly as his chaps and tunic flowed uncontrollably. He struggled to hold the book in one hand as he clutched to keep his head on his neck! The power was too great and he fell on his back, causing his head to roll a few feet away. The book closed when it hit the floor and he struggled to crawl towards his head and tie it back on.

"Well, that was a waste!" He yelled as he looked back over the hill to the city while tightening his knot. Jump seemed to stay the same...no matter what crazy things happened in or around it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:30 pm

“Nowwww, what do we have here, I wonder?”

Kaiser Adal Ehrlichmann had been doing quite an unusual thing, even for an unusual being such as he. Many a night he had been patrolling the streets of a very ordinary residential district in Jump City––nice place, a little too controlled and conservative, quiet and relatively boring... nah, it was an insubordinate suburb that housed idiotic humans with absolutely no drive nor beneficial qualities, especially due to the fact that most inhabitants of this particular neighborhood had absolutely no defense mechanisms to give something at least mildly challenging for the twenty-one year old German shadowmancer and well-known man slaughterer with a demonic, possessed chainsaw he calls “Anna,” not to mention the fact that his eyes were the colour of blood.

As Kaiser, better known to the judicial and common world as “Fake,” had been casually lying down on a shingled rooftop, but not-so-casually slicing the stagnant air with his guttering chainsaw, and, occasionally, the shingles and through the ceiling of a screaming family, when he saw a strange beacon of light emanating from the hill that was not too far off the end of his self-declared territory’s jurisdiction. He sat up and looked at it for a while, and finally decided to take a look at whatever that light was... besides annoying, for Kaiser had been enjoying the pristine darkness, and it was interrupting his night of doing absolutely nothing. Then he stood, yanked his chainsaw Anna from the shingled residential roof, and turned the angry thing off. “I’m sorry, my dear Anna, but all these terrans are beginning to create enough fuss for my fancy. Bloody inferiors... they should have purchased a competent insurance policy. Anyhow, let’s go. That beacon has gained my curiosity.

Fake drew the shadows to his chainsaw and made it dissipate in a fume of black smoke. He pressed his hands together as if to pray, bowed his head, and said calmly, “Oh Lord, my God, blessed be thy patience in mine own humble service to thee, amen,” crossed himself, vanished, then emerged from an oval of shadows at the top of the big hill.

He was surprised to see an individual that had an aura of aristocracy and impending darkness, but was yet more intrigued by the ancient book of which appeared to belong to said person.

“What an odd text,” Fake commented as he came behind Isaac to study the book further, “Am I correct in assuming it’s yours? Fine binding, fine binding, yes, but the pages have seen many hardships, no?”

He came around to Isaac’s front and outstretched his hand. “Forgive me, I haven’t introduced myself. My name is Kaiser Adal Ehrlichmann. Your beacon was compelling; I could see it four miles from here. I hope you weren’t signaling and teens in tights... otherwise, I’m afraid you’ll find me quite disappointing.”

Last edited by Honest on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:09 pm

As Isaac held his hand out, his book flew into his hand. He looked at the beaconing spell page again and felt disappointed. Nothing happened. He was becoming more and more convinced that this book was just an annoying parasite that followed him around along with this curse! But, shortly as he gazed at the city below, he felt a new presence near him. He flipped around as he looked across to the other side of the fire, a man was standing there. Isaac could sense a fire inside of him as hot as the redness of his eyes. He was properly dressed and standing calmly, staring directly at the book in Isaac's hands.

Slightly confused, Isaac quickly skimmed through the description of the beaconing spell and, although it was in another language, he had learned how to read it mostly, none of what he could read mentioned anything about a summons...

Immediately, the man started speaking about his book and introduced himself as Kaiser. Who was this guy and what was his business here?! He coughed in a low voice to try to simulate a little more strength than his true voice could muster up...possibly the only true fall back to having had the curse put on his before he completely matured. He thought he at least should humor him into pretending that he gives any care for this person...

"Greetings Mr. Ehrlichmann. This book you're referring to I suppose?" he held it up so it would be in view above the flames. "Yes, I suppose it is mine as long as it's previous owner has decided to stay dead for the past three hundred years..." he laughed lightly with a smile as he moved around the fire slowly to meet closer to his guest.

"Teens in tights? Ah, I suppose you are referring to the Teen Titans?" he paused for a moment while looking over Kaiser to see if he could read him any more than he already had been. "No, I have no need or care for them...do their goings interest you so much that they occupy your thoughts at all times?"

He didn't have this guy quite pegged yet. But, perhaps an alliance could be of use to him. Obviously, he had some sort of magical strength if he could get through his force field. He didn't like dealing with average humans...they had no real purpose other than to continue to live...What use could Kaiser be to him now?

"So, you are practiced in certain dark arts, yes? Take a seat, friend." he skimmed through his book and summoned two cushy arm chairs placed at one side of the hill, side to side, peering over Jump...just like Isaac liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Fake grinned widely, shook his head, and sat down on one of the chairs before replying to Thr33. He viewed the young man as strangely inconspicuous and more than careless; inviting a stranger to sit down with him as if they were friends? It was almost comical, but nevertheless... the chairs were comfy, and that book belonging to his new acquaintance was particularly the sort of thing Fake was interested in. Old, obviously powerful, maybe useful. He thought to himself, an odd artefact for an odd lad. Indeed, Kaiser was older than Thr33 by four years, but it was hard to tell. Again, he questioned where he acquired it and if he had really acquired it rather than stole it.

Intriguing, indeed...

“Thank you kindly,” Kaiser said in a tone that, paired with his thick German accent, made distinguishing whether he was being sarcastic, or genuine, or even impressed. Little things did impress the proud aristocrat with a family of prestigious military rankings and plenty of competition to either rise over or fall under from––ten, to be exact––five by blood and five from his father’s second marriage, but Fake fancied himself the head of the family, besides his father, due to his being the eldest and his closest brother in age (by six minutes) was far from the leading type. He was a Teen Titan, actually. A Teen Titan whom Kaiser hated the most.

“The only things that I consider worthy of ‘occupying my thoughts at all times’ come in very few numbers, I digress. One of them being ‘dark arts,’ but I wouldn’t call my abilities by that description... more like ‘advanced shadowmancy.’ I’m afraid that I don’t believe in heaven nor hell... well, at least when it comes to perfecting my practice; it makes things too messy.” He raised his eyebrow and stared at the fire, almost entranced. “Did you conjure the fire? It’s quite good.”
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Isaac smiled as he looked to the fire. "No, I made that fire with good my good old reliable hands. If you rely on magic for everything...well...you lose yourself really..." he said as he gazed to the floor at, basically nothing. It was something he did while thinking. When he didn't focus on his surroundings as much, he could calm his mind and truly contemplate things.

"No heaven or hell, you say?" Isaac laughed softly for a minute. He had never questioned the existence of heaven or hell. He didn't think of hell as other people did though...no...hell was where he was right now! Between life and death really...when anything could easily end him...who's to say that this Kaiser person wouldn't have some fantastic powers that could take yet another of his lives...

He looked back from the random blade of grass that he had been staring at and looked back to his guest. Did this man deserve such a peaceful life so much more than himself...he seemed so calm and collected...how could he know what it would be to be cursed as he was!? But, Isaac was very good at hiding his own true thoughts...perhaps Kaiser had stuch limited abilities as well...

"So, Kaiser? Do you always run towards any light in the sky like you are under a hypnotic spell? Or were you perhaps searching for something...perhaps that thing has found you instead?" Isaac was one that did believe in fate and perhaps fate is what drew the two together. Afterall, the moon was bright and he had all his good luck charms on his person...these were indeed good omens! Perhaps this was a change in his constant sorrows...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Fake was starting to become annoyed by this person. As Isaac smiled and looked into the fire, Kaiser flitted his to meet the side of Thr33’s haunted face, then frowned.

“Tell me, ‘friend,’” Kaiser implied sarcasm on ‘friend,’ “am I really to assume that those who fear true doom are really in a place to challenge mine own case? You sit here on this hill as if this city does sit still, and when you’ve met a man who’s simply bored, yet damned, you question his curiosity as like it’s animosity, and yet you were the who made a light, which, for a favor, may have seemed right.”

The ominous lines of rhymes were almost a second nature to Fake when he was testing another’s mentality, or more commonly, as means for impending confusion or amusement.

Fake chuckled, sighed, and relaxed completely on the armchair, letting his limbs rest freely over the arm rests and seat cushion while hid head nestled comfortably in the top crevice between the back of the chair and its headrest. Then he shut his fiery crimson eyes and sighed.

“You’re probably too young to understand this, but without darkness, there can be no light. Without light, there can be no darkness. Everyone believes that some sort of godly balance must be kept... but balance is only a justification of the weakness and fear of cowards. As for myself, I follow the light to envelope it in darkness––I’m a shadowmancer, and I like to create my own ‘balance’ by tipping the potency of darkness to outweigh the ever-so-frail flicker of whatever light may pique my fancy.”
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 am

A smirk once again crept across Thr33's face. He had believed that it took people a life time to gain the open mind that had already fit itself into the mind of his guest. He may have understood it...or at least believed that he understood it...yes...he did agree with what he said about the dark and the light...

"Very true...although, age is but a man made thing...I may be not an age you believe me to be in accordance to man's records. I agree with what you say about light and dark. It is the contrast between each other that makes one seem lighter than the other or one darker than the next but...really, something isn't really dark. It is only dark if it is dark in that person's mind. I can't count how many times people have convinced themselves that they must kill another man for the greater good! They've convinced themselves that it would be 'light' to do something that many other people have considered to be 'dark'." Isaac chuckled softly while putting the end of the pen that he was holding into his mouth. "Curious isn't it? There really is no right or wrong...it is another man made convenience that makes the human feel more comfortable and more structured in this structureless imperfect world...perhaps that is my goal in life...to let the world know certain truths such as this...to show that there is no true separation between light and dark...another...man made boundary..." He sounded disgusted everytime he said man made.

He quickly stood up and began pacing around the fire. He started to speak more rapidly as if nervous, or excited. "Although I do not know my true goal in my life, the one thing that I do know, however, is that I can't leave it the way it is now. The world needs certain change and...I am not a fool...I know that my time here is coming to an end! I must find a way to prevent this."

He looked towards Kaiser in a curious look on his face. "Could you assisst me in this? I have been alive for quite awhile already and, no offense, but I feel as if my spirit is much older than yours. I've been around for a few hundred years, but my work he is certainly not done. So, please, if you would, give me some information." He took the pen end out of his mouth and stopped chewing on it. "Obviously a shadowmancer such as yourself must have found a way around this: death. Do you have a way to live forever, Kaiser?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:27 pm

“Good lord, you’re ambitious. And frank,” Fake replied, “you just met me, and now you’re asking for my help? Pardon my French, but you seem a very careless and, well... strange fellow.”

Fake stared back at Thr33 in disbelief, then collapsed into the armchair as he shook his head. “So you’re serious, then? Immortality is messy business, not to mention bloody expensive... but yes, I’ve evaded Death and all His Friends on one occasion...”

He sighed. “If––and I do mean this completely hypothetically––I end up helping you with whatever genius plan you might procure, you will own me what most pagans cannot harvest; you see, I’m in need of a soul... two, actually, but one of those two should be easy means for a practiser of black magic.”

Fake grinned, and his red eyes stared listlessly into some unknown oblivion. “I would do it myself, but I’m quite well-known where I think we could do well in the business of soul-reaping and immortalisation.”

Suddenly, the fire cracked to life, and the shadows that had imprisoned it were seeping back into the man’s pale palm. “Do we have a deal?”
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 pm

(OOC: Ugh, sorry for such a delay in my reply, but I'm here to make this evil duo complete! O.O)

Isaac laughed in a way that he had learned in his millenia of life to strike fear into his enemies but to strangers, it just sounded lower...raspier than other laughs...a laugh that didn't match the teenaged face it came from. It matched a face of someone that was not of this Earth...and one couldn't be more right by saying that. Isaac was much more than that now. "Yes, you could certainly say that I am strange, but I would not call myself careless..." he glanced down to his text, "I would call myself...faithful..."

He chose those words carefully to slightly annoy his new cohort but mostly to state a fact. Sometimes, he believed that his book was wiser than he. Isaac believed that a book as old as his must have a soul to live on like it had...to have some sort of mind...some sort of source of reason and omniscience. Of course, he would never give up a soul like that. That was far too great.

"...Hm...souls aren't easy to come by, you know...they are all different, some as bright and pure as a new born baby and some as black and spoiled as I'm sure yours once was..." he paused and held his hand near his scarf. "Well...one would be a fool to think that I am not at the end of my rope..."

He stared at the blackened hand and conjured up a little shadow of his own to consume his hand. Those shadows seemed to be brought from himself...it is probably all that is left of his original self. He grabbed the hand and the shadows seemed to swarm together in a fit of rage. Their fates were intertwined now.

"Looks like you've got a deal Mr. Ehrlichmann" he said confidently with a devious smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 pm

(((So...are we ready to start part 2 of this crazy thing?)))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm

OOC: Very Happy Yes, and here we go... (apologies for the monumental delay.)

BIC:
Despite the firm and energising bond, Fake was still having a wee bit of a hard time figuring out how Thr33 planned on going about getting eternal life when he seemed so reliant on that old book of his... I wonder, thought Kaiser, if fire nor any mortal adversary can destroy that book, then what can? It may be of use to me. As great scholars have worded it, 'Energy cannot be created nor destroyed; it only changes.' I'll just have to play my cards well to see if this 'believer' can be relied upon. Among that inquiry, he also realised that he had not acquired his new partner's name.

"Indeed, it does appear to be so," Fake replied, inadvertently putting the 'appear' into this new partnership, then continued "and that's quite the handshake you've got there; however, I do not know the name as which to accredit it to. So what will it be, then? Codename, alias, birthright... I care not whichever one you choose. After all, it is not a name that succeeds in hearty endeavours; but nonetheless I will have you know that I can read a lie better than the Pope can read his Bible---of course, I have nothing against the man, God bless his soul."

He smiled a devilish smile at his own contradiction; for, seeing as he claimed to deny Hell. But strangely enough, he meant every word of it.

Indeed, a complicated personage.

"If you agree," said he, "we shall journey to Titans Tower, where I know of a chamber that is known as "The Hall of Villains" to its... uh, current residents. There is where we can obtain some---how shall I say this---'extra bonuses.' But until then, there is an individual know as 'Model Elven Point One' who has recently inhabited the place, but not with the best of hospitality or gladness. He's a robotic shell that has been recreated to host an actual human's countenance... and upon the verge of death or even simple boredom, can transfer that countenance into other humans and certain devices; however, the details of 'who' and 'what' qualifies as an inhabitable human or object aren't perfectly clear as to my knowledge."

Fake's eyes seemed to grow brighter and more vibrant and hue as he thought about the possibilities of this excursion. "You'll need an alibi if you really want that immortality of yours, of course. I'm sure you're capable of a good façade, no? ...especially with that book?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking Forward (Honest)   Looking Forward (Honest) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking Forward (Honest)
Page 1 of 1