Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
''Prosper, then live long.'' Vote_lcap''Prosper, then live long.'' Voting_bar''Prosper, then live long.'' Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
''Prosper, then live long.'' Vote_lcap''Prosper, then live long.'' Voting_bar''Prosper, then live long.'' Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

''Prosper, then live long.''

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

''Prosper, then live long.'' Empty
PostSubject: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Type/Universe: Star Trek Voyager

Starring:
(Emblem as) Dr. Gregory Forrest
(Krious as) ??? --> disclosed later.

Plot: Disclosed later. If anyone wished to join, PM Krious

Ah yes. What time was it. Ah, it did not matter. One thing did. The main event was about to begin, and he had been looking forward to it. His nr. 1 favorite, Emblem, was going to fight to defend his title. He never knew why he appreciated the wrestler so much, most of his career had been full of losses, yet he never seemed to lose because of his stubborn attitude. Emblem never seemed to stop, he never seemed to back down out of a fight, and was fiercely loyal to his friends. Because of this attitudes, he got into a lot of fights and seemed to be ganged on as well. He lived where this federation went as he had no home. As a small Dutch kid, he got in this business, and never got out. You could see how much he enjoyed the adrenaline flowing. With every acrobatic move, every flip, every dive. It was splendid to look at, and now that he had been crowned SWF Champion ever since the beginning of the year's Pay Per View, he had finally gotten all the attention he deserved. Some people even said they wanted to be like him.

Of course, deep down inside, Gregory Forrest wanted to be like Emblem as well. Yet he was nothing like Emblem 'The Impulsive'. He was not like that guy, flying around in his red jeans and black sleeveless T-shirt, with tribal barbwire tattoo's on his shoulders and long white woven ponytail stretching down his lower back. Yet Gregory was not a bitter man. As for personality, he was just as stubborn as Emblem, yet he displayed more skill in the field of, as he liked to call it, 'tinkering'. He would not be able to create things easily, but modifying them to suit his needs was like second nature to him. Unfortunately, it was an ability not accepted easily.

In reality, Gregory was a very talented man, but some would always deem he had missed his purpose. He was skilled at his job, yet he always had habits, and needs that sometimes went beyond the lines set by modern rules. Watching this very special match was one of them. Yet it was no time to worry, the match was about to begin....

Guitars began to shout, drums began to pound, and the lights began to flash as Emblem made his way up the stage. Anticipation builded up as the white haired adrenaline junkie shaked hands, payed his respects to the crowd, and started flipping off turnbuckles with backflips and various spins. The energy seemed to beam off him as he warmed up for the match. Tables, ladders, and chairs were scattered around the arena, as the lights dimmed again and Emblem's opponent made his way up the ring ,met wit ha chorus of boo's. Not only did this man play things dirty, he had a habit of talking too much, spitting, and bribing. He had every quality people loved to dislike. Emblem was unorthodox, but he had been clear, transparent, and hard-to-kill. Admirable qualities. As if good and evil met on the same stage.

The bell rang and Emblem sprinted forward, not wasting anytime. The crowd, including Gregory, roared as Emblem flipped up in the air, poised to strike his opponent with a spinning fist, just as...

''Computer, end program.''

The holodeck turned to normal and the door slid open. Greg did not want to look as he already recognized the voice, the firm neutrality of the sound, and the fact that he had been busted. And he was going to hear it, he bet. What impeccable timing did the Vulcan have, how did he do it? He always got on Greg's nerves and entered rooms when the timing could not have been worse!
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character
Name: Krious Alistair
Code Name: Krious
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am

(( I never thought you'd actually put yourself in here, but it made me smile. ))

Name: Lieutenant Surok
Species: Vulcan
Posting: Chief of security/Tactical officer

"Mister Forrest."

The voice continued to echo through the room. This was the third time this week that he had once again found doctor Forrest neglecting his responsibilities in sickbay to view a rather illogical human fighting sport. The only possible outcome of this line of work was severe injury or mental trauma and for what purpose? Entertainment? The doctor was prohibited from entering the ring himself and confined to watch holographic competitors beat each other into virtual dust ever since he took the Hippocratic oath. That rule was apparently the only one he did not break as of yet.

"Your continuous neglection of regulations concerning holodeck privileges is astounding. This time however, you have gone too far. Your clear lack of regard towards established protocol leaves me no choice. Your holodeck privileges are hereby withdrawn and you'll report for double shifts until further notice."

The captain wouldn't be too happy about this, the doctor was great at his job, if he finally got around to actually performing it. Surely he could at least try to do something about this bad habit of his. As chief of security it was his task to inform the captain and write an entire report about this incident. He didn't look forward to both of those tasks and would have rather spent his time on dealing with the weekly duty reports.

"If you wish to add anything to my report I urge you to do so now, otherwise I suggest you start gaining on lost time in sickbay."

The lieutenant turned 90 degrees so the doctor could pass him through the door and motioned him with his hand to do so. He would personally make sure the doc would make it to sickbay.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 am

''Your report? Yes please describe how you carefully and explicitely ruined the only entertainment I find suitable on here. You know Lieutenant, you should light up a bit. I don't ever got to know a Vulcan who's as strict as you are. Coincidentally, you're the only Vulcan I work with currently. That little fact aside, loosen up, will you?''

As Lt. Surok did not show any sign of doing so, Gregory sighed. He was sure of it, he was in for it now. Not only would Surok open his gap the humans called mouth to further reprimand him, he would also strip this ship's Chief Medical Officer of his most favorable pastime. Gregory walked outside the Holodeck, followed by Lt. Surok. He could feel the prying eyes in his back, and while he knew Vulcans do not show emotion, he reckoned Surok had to feel pretty cool now. Sick bastard.

And indeed, Surok did talk. Starfleet protocols, Greg's defiance, his duties as the ships' chief physician, the rank of CMO and many more. All in the same neutral voice. It seemed as if sickbay was relocating itself to stretch this walk into eternity. Had Surok not been the same rank as Gregory, or even Chief of Security and Tactical Officer, then his words would have no meaning.

Sickbay. Sometimes referred to as Forrest's Playground. He now preferred to call it 'Out-of-Surok's-Reach', or OSR in short. The doors slid open and Gregory took one step in before turning 90 degrees. This little thing was on his turf now.

''Will that be all, Mr. Surok?''

He doubted it. And he did so rightfully. Surok suspected some things had not been right, and entered the room. As he passed Forrest to look around, the latter could not resist to sarcastically respond his own question. He had no patients around, not at this moment. All he had done today was check up on ensign Wildier's constant breathing problems.

''Where are your patients, mr. Forrest. Ow wait, they've already been healed. Computer, beverage 43-alpha please.''

As much as he would never say it, Mr. Forrest was a self-righteous bastard. Starfleet protocols were for those who could not live without a set schedule, who strive for perfection as fervently as the Borg yet will never attain it. At the times that he had no patients, he would easily get bored. New sickbay attendants hardly had anything to speak about next to work, and their injuries weren't very interesting either, which would eventually lead to Gregory's tinkering. After this, he hailed the computer again, asking to activate the Emergency Medical Hologram.

''Please state the nature of the medical emergency.''

A female hologram materialized in front of both men. While this particular hologram had been a boring male in the past, Gregory had taken it on himself to modify that fact a little to grant him some company. The EMH wasn't a very social identity, but was more to look at, and sometimes could be considered humoring, if only because it was brilliantly programmed yet not fully human. Gregory had installed subroutine after subroutine, trying to see how much he could make human out of this hologram – An ethical puzzle he had devised for himself after hearing about The Doctor, an EMH Mk. 1 on the legendary USS Voyager. So far, he had been very successful, the EMH learning with every human encounter.

''Say hello Lt. Surok, maybe she can help you cure that work ethic of yours.''

Gregory stepped over to the replicator to claim his beverage. 43-alpha was a non-alcoholic version of another drink. Had surok not been here, he might have taken that one instead, yet it would never be wise to step over too many boundaries at once. Surok did not seem pleased, but did he ever?

Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Sickbay. He had been there before, incidents aboard this ship usually ended in sickbay, yet never did he wander in here for his own needs. The room was unusually neat and tidy, unlike the personality of it's main inhabitant. Perhaps next time they should confine the doctor to sickbay instead of his own quarters whenever he did something wrong again.

''There is no need for sarcasm doctor, I can clearly see your bio-beds are unnused. However, no patients does not equal holodeck time.''

Emergencies were scarce, he agreed, but if the doctor was not around when one took place wouldn't look good on anyone's record. Every duty station had it's ups and downs, sickbay clearly bored the doctor too much. He could recite starfleet protocol about it all day, but it probably wouldn't be much use after their walk. Surok made a quick inspection throughout the room, found nothing of interest, and returned to the doctor, who had received his beverage from the replicator. For some reason the doctor brightened up a little now that they were in sickbay, not that it mattered much.

Just as he was about to leave the doctor to his work Forrest decided to show off his newest toy. The EMH was standard equipment on every deep space starfleet vessel so their ship was also equipped with one. It did not resemble the standardized version by far now that Forrest was done with it. Surok could still recall the constant complaints from the engineers that had to refit or repair modules or reroute memory access to accommodate all the new data the doctor entered.

''Say hello Lt. Surok, maybe she can help you cure that work ethic of yours.''

''Unlikely. There is nothing to cure. I had heard of your attempts to modify the EMH. I didn't account for something this radical. I suppose appearance isn't the only thing you modified?''

Apparently the doctor had some unforeseen talents. At least these served a purpose, although something told him most of the changes weren't exactly to improve the program.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 am

''Well if it would equal holodeck time, I would be functioning pretty well around here. Now that I've got no holodeck privileges anymore, sarcasm's all I got left. Gee I feel like a winner already. Sarcasm isn't really useful against Vulcans is it..''

Gregory sat back behind his office, relaxing a bit after he got his beverage. The EMH had shown itself, given reason for Lt. Surok to inspect it. He even went as far as to ask Gregory what had been changed next to the appearance.

''Well, our EMH 'Vidina' over here has had a radical base change in appearance and attitude. Just that one change was fascinating as people would slowly talk more to the EMH, and less to me if possible. Although still the head physician, I would only encourage them to ask my subordinate. I cannot be bothered with the constant negative self-analysis of Ensign Zujl or the runny nose of that perverted crewman Vermaii. I would almost say he gets that nose so that he can see Vidina again, or because he sees her.''

For a moment, Forrest paused and drank his the last of his beverage. After this, he hailed the computer for some coffee, browsing through the more interesting medical files. After he sat down and sighed deeply, he continued.

''Yet it seemed that The Doctor also experienced more then a few minimal or simple upgrades. In this position I can never duplicate that intricate processes he had been through due to alien contact in the Delta Quadrant and such. However, he's still inspiration. The need for a name, as well as wanting to expand are those recognised by Vidina as well. It's why she was named Vidina. Vidina is Al-Bhedian for future. While naming individuals, structures, deseases and events is nothing short of a process going on for centuries, EMH's are not quite so old. They're the future in my book. Hence her name.''

Another sip of his coffee, and Gregory thought it was best to quickly tell some of the more specific abilities. He had no doubt that if he was allowed, he'd be able to talk hours about his findings and development, and even develop some new theories, but Surok asked specifics. He would not be interested in Forrest's 'hobbies'. Nor any of the witty sarcasmic passages he would always include.

''Vidina, through various subroutines and upgrades, is now able to function longer then the standard EMH Program AK-1 Diagnostic and Surgical Subroutine Omega-323. She will not deteriorate when online due to program stabilizers and flexible memory banks, nor will new data conflict with her older installments. She has gained a basic, and I must say yet basic, understanding of human needs which go beyond books. In order to expand this I found it important to make her more human as she will not learn when others do not feel they communicate with someone like her. It would be the same as humans talking to Vulcans about mutual emotions and feelings. Bit hard when the Vulcans are masters of the mind. As such, Vidina has a breathing subroutine, and occasionally a programmed flu. This does not impede her performance as an EMH, for that would be a bit too counter-productive.''

Gregory paused before meeting Surok's gaze again.

''Now before you might order me to reverse those changes and canceling another research of mine, I would like to hear your thoughts. I would also like to hear how I might make Vidina more able to communicate with other species, say like, Vulcans? I know you lot go for efficiency but there has to be something...''
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Even Surok had heard tales about the EMH on the USS Voyager. It's chief medical officer didn't survive the first day in the Delta Quadrant and so the EMH program was put in charge of the medical facility. Just like Forrest just explained, the EMH was not designed for long term activation, their own EMH included even with all the additional upgrades it had. The EMH, or simply Doctor, proved to be able to grow as an individual and the substantial changes proved to be rather efficient. Still, every pro had it's con, but Surok was interested to see how this would work out. They at least had access to backup files, unlike Voyager.

"There is nothing more. If you wish a lesson on Vulcan society I suggest you consult the database, I will not be your personal history book. I've heard of this EMH called the Doctor and it seems Starfleet Command has taken quite an interest. You may continue your endeavours as long as you keep out of the ship's primary systems."

Vidina did seem to resemble humans a lot more then the standard EMH. Instead of listening in with an empty stare she rustled around, seemed to take note of the things said in the conversation and the breathing routines did pop up here and there. In his opinion the standard EMH was sufficient, yet this logic seemed only partially correct.

“The standard EMH proves to be sufficient in every aspect of it's purpose. With humanity comes emotion, emotions are powerful tools, but left unchecked will undoubtedly lead to mistakes. However, I cannot ignore the facts that say otherwise. To answer your question, your EMH was Vulcan proof before you added anything to the program.”

It was quick, efficient and most importantly, did not engage in idle conversation. Yet Vidina didn't do so up till now either. Perhaps the influence of this strange individual would be spared on her. Surok imagined a second doctor like mr. Forrest and immediately had to shake the thought away. That would be unacceptable.

“Bridge to Surok.”

The com badge echoed through the sickbay. The commander had already mentioned something about an away mission, this was probably it. He tapped his com badge.

“Surok here.”

He blankly stared at the opposite side of the room, slightly raising one of his eyebrows a little, waiting for the commander to speak up.

“Report to the briefing room, and take the doctor with you.”

Surok glanced at the doctor, who seemed to be a little surprised at the request of the commander.

“Yes Commander, we're on our way.”

The com link closed and Surok looked up to the doctor and his photonic companion. It looked like they would have to put up with each others presence a bit longer. He nodded and motioned the doctor to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:16 am

''Don't worry. I'm keen enough to stay off the primary systems. I like my oxygen the way it is.''

Forrest made a mental note to spend some time reading up on other species then humans. Probably while in his personal quarters. It's not like he had anything better to do anymore. Immediately, more ideas for Vidina's adaption, or as he called it, tutoring came up. Then, in the midst of his stream of thoughts, the Captain spoke to Lt. Surok. After this, Lt. Surok nodded to leave.

''What? You don't know where the bridge is?''

Even though he had a side thought of wanting to stay and see how he would react, Gregory stood up, and turned to Vidina.

''I leave the sickbay to you Vidina. Please tend to any patient who wanders by, but if all chores are done, you may deactivate yourself. If you want, that is. If they truly need you, they'll activate your program.''

Vidina nodded with a short word of accepting, and Gregory walked out of the sickbay back to the elevator from which they came, Lt. Surok next to him.

''So, now that we meet again on these hallways. Met any good-looking chicks yet? No seriously, any idea what we are called for? It's quite special to call both the CMO and the Security/Tactical Chief...If I had to guess, and I shudder to do so, we're going to be spending a lot more time together.''

Gregory stepped into the elevator, followed by Lt. Surok and summoned the elevator to move to the Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Extra details

Ship:USS Predator
Registry:NCC 80894
Class:Akira (Heavy Cruiser)
Crew:460
Length:445m
Height:64m
Decks:19
Weaponry:12 Type X Phaser arrays, 8 Photon/Quantum torpedo launchers (Stock ~400)
Shields:Regenerative deflector shields
Hull:Ablative plating (Capable of nullifying energy weapon fire by redirecting it across the entire hull, or part of it, and thereby reducing the overall heat at the cost of degrading the armor)
Maximum Cruise Speed:Warp 9.2
Shuttle Bay:2 Valkyrie class fighters, 4 type-9 shuttles, 1 type-12 shuttles

Mission

Our Bajoran allies are under attack by a defected Cardassian warband. Away team is to reinforce a Bajoran outpost on a small planet near their homeworld Bajor. The team will consist of a two-man medical team along with a small security escort. Medical team will be supervised by Dr. Forrest, who’s mission consists of aiding the Bajoran people within the outpost once the team arrives. Initial reports state multiple wounded and casualties, expect more then acounted for. Lt. Surok will lead the security detail as well as the overall progress of the mission. Keep phasers ready at all times and expect heavy Cardassian resistance. Assistance from the USS Predator will be unavailable for the entirety of this mission.

(( Vidina could be the 2nd member on your medical team, I think we can use a little creativity to make it work. Unless someone wants to claim this position. ))

--------------------------------------------------------------------
##################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Surok made a mental sigh. Spending too much time around these free-caring humans left a strain on him. Vulcans could go without sleep for about 2 weeks yet the endeavours of dr. Forrest always made him crave for his quarters. For now he dismissed Forrest's flawed attempts at humor.

“Indeed. The Commander informed me that my presence would be required at a meeting. It is safe to assume this has to do with our current course towards Deep Space Nine. It seems the Cardassians are troubling Starfleet Command again, and if DS9 is were we are headed then it is logical to assume the Bajorans are their target. I can only speculate about his reasoning for requesting you presence.”

Even dr. Forrest would know Vulcans did not speculate, but even so Surok felt a sarcastic remark of his would be coming up just about now. Surok and the doctor stepped into the turbolift and for a second everything was quiet, apart from the words 'Deck One' followed by a bleep from the speakers.

(( Short post I know, don't want to delay this another day >.< ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ''Prosper, then live long.''   ''Prosper, then live long.'' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

''Prosper, then live long.''
Page 1 of 1