Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Hexadecimal Coding and You Vote_lcapHexadecimal Coding and You Voting_barHexadecimal Coding and You Vote_rcap 
Moon
Hexadecimal Coding and You Vote_lcapHexadecimal Coding and You Voting_barHexadecimal Coding and You Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Hexadecimal Coding and You

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Hexadecimal Coding and You Empty
PostSubject: Hexadecimal Coding and You   Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 8:05 pm

I just learned about this so I wanted to put it there because I find math fascinating on its own, so here we go.

Hexadecimal codes are used all over the internet. In fact for most roleplaying aficionados like myself, we know that a hexadecimal code is what allows us to display millions of shades of color on webpages. Personally, I've always wondered how they work beyond that.

Well, we have a ten number system; a decimal system. We use ten numbers to represent these, which are 0 through 9. We also have a binary system (two number system) for computers, which only uses the numbers 0 through 1. And hexadecimal means sixteen numbers.

I know what you're thinking, assuming you made it this far. "Okay Kyte, anyone with a basic understanding of Latin could have figured that out. What of it?" Well, my very sassy and educated friend, this is what that amounts to.

Binary and decimal are a little different. Because using the numbers 0-9 is natural to us. Hexadecimal systems use something a little different, because for each of these systems, the number goes to 10 at the end. Counting past that would just get confusing. So instead, we use the letters A-F, not unlike the Romans using letters in their numerals, to represent these numbers. So the natural order would be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, F, and when we go beyond F, that's when we use 10.

That's why you never see the letters G-Z in a hexadecimal code.

So what does this all mean when we apply it to coloring our text?

A hexadecimal code for color is comprised of six digits. And in turn, these six digits are comprised of three separate codes, consisting of two digits each. Each of these three codes, in that particular order, is the amount of red, green, and blue that particular color has. Because of this you can have 256 different amounts of each color for that particular code.

I'll go ahead and use mine as an example. 800000 is actually 80/00/00. This means it has 128 (Remember, each time the dial goes to 10, that means we're actually at 16. So 16 x 8.) parts red, 0 parts green, and 0 parts blue. 00 in a hexadecimal usually means black. That's why that color I use is equal parts red and black.

Hope you enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Hexadecimal Coding and You   Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 8:25 pm

And now my brain are number.

Thank you, Kyte.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Hexadecimal Coding and You   Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hexadecimal Coding and You   Hexadecimal Coding and You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hexadecimal Coding and You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Chat Room-
Jump to: