Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Re: Union (Dar) Vote_lcapRe: Union (Dar) Voting_barRe: Union (Dar) Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Re: Union (Dar)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Re: Union (Dar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Rico hummed a little tune along to her music while she worked on her homework and typed on the laptop. Normally this type of multi-tasking was inconceivable, or hard-pressed to be productive, but she could handle it. She was a very smart eleven year old, and already doing high school work. Her father, Kyte, said that if she kept at it she could get all of her college work done soon. And then she could live a life full of benefits without all of the hassle.

He was out on patrol for an hour or two right now, and she was fine with that. He always had a few people watching the entrance to their place, and Rico got a new gun every holiday, as a sign of trust that she was logical enough to use it and judge when to use it. He had also been teaching her how to use that along with a variety of other weapons.

Rico could tell Kyte didn't really like her using a gun, but not because of any morals; she could just tell he preferred other weapons. And while he carried two firearms around himself, he usually pulled his sword or scythe out first.

Rico looked at her math sheet, scanning the sheet with her eyes for only a few seconds before she returned to writing. She had all of the answers correct. Rico was allowed to do a lot of things other parents would deem abhorred as she was very smart, and Kyte knew it, so she could already play video games with violence and watch more mature shows. Were she to do her homework immediately after she got home, she could do whatever she wanted after for the remainder of the day.

She soon heard the doorbell ring, and blinked, walking to it with a slight hop in her step. Only daddy could be home if someone actually got the doorbell.

Kyte stood at the door, still slightly fazed by Jemmy, who was standing with him. He didn't know how he was going to break it to Rico, but he decided he should do it sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:53 am

Why Wrath was ringing the doorbell to his own house, Jemmy had no idea. What she did know was that she was about to meet her daughter. It was a strange concept. Of course, Jemmy knew that she herself wasn't actually a child, or a human for that matter. The reality of her eternal existence was one of the few facts that she never forgot, that she couldn't forget. Still, in her mind, Jemmy liked to think of herself as a child. Things were easier that way.

Jemmy was nervous, but she was trying not to show it. She felt her heart jump when the door opened. She was looking at...herself? No really, the resemblance was uncanny. If they were to wear the same clothes, the only difference would be their height. Rico was actually a little taller than her now. Well, their expressions might give them away, too. Jemmy's first impression of Rico made her think the girl was kinda serious.

Her daughter was older than her, she thought.

Jemmy smiled. "Hi. I'm your mommy. I'm Shivering Jemmy." It was an act of restraint to leave off her full title when making a formal introduction.

What else was she supposed to say? What were mothers supposed to say? Jemmy had no idea. She had never had one. "Your dad and I are friends now, again. I hope we can be good friends, too."

Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 am

Rico pulled open the door, only to find a younger version of herself staring back at her. She seemed fairly perplexed, recognizing the woman from when her father had taken her to that fair about half a year ago. Kyte had told her never to go near this woman, or to wait for him. She was fairly quick to notice that her father had to let her near her for a reason, or else Shivering Jemmy wouldn't be here at all.

She looked in surprise to her father. Kyte's mouth opened, but he didn't know quite what to say, before beginning.

"Rico, this is your-"

He was then cut off by Jemmy, who went ahead and got introductions done for him, saying she was Rico's mother. She gave Jemmy a bit of a glare as she let both of them in, and Kyte sighed, running a hand through his hair. This was never expected by him.

She stared at Kyte. "You told me she was a monster...why didn't you tell me she was my mother?"

Kyte frowned at her. "I didn't know until very recently...look, we have much to discuss. Let's go sit down."

Rico frowned, but followed them into the living room, sitting closer to Kyte and further from Jemmy. "... So, she's the one who dropped me at the orphanage and didn't care for me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 am

Jemmy followed Rico into the home. Rico had some very pointed questions, directed at Wrath, but applying to both of them. It seemed that neither Jemmy nor Kyte had a good answer ready.

So Wrath had called Jemmy a monster? That was okay. She had probably deserved it.

Rico seemed to be avoiding Jemmy. She had yet to say anything to her, and was staying far closer to her father. The girl said that Jemmy had dropped her off at an orphanage and had not taken care of her.

No wonder Jemmy had erased her memory. This was a disaster. Why was she here? Why was she even here? When you were a Lord of Chaos, you didn't have to do anything that wasn't fun.

"Look," Jemmy said, serious but not unkind. "I probably owe you a million apologies. I get it. You probably don't like me, and I won't make excuses. I just wanted to let you know who I am, and give you the choice to whatever you want. If you want to talk or play or eat or do anything with me, then we can do that. If you don't want me here, then I can leave."

Jemmy's eyes were dry. Remorse wasn't really an emotion she could feel right now, especially not when she didn't remember anything. At the same time, she wasn't cold. She just...was. "But the thing I want to do is understand the type of person you are, Rico. What do you like to do?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:12 am

Rico shot Jemmy a glare as she said that she owed them a million apologies, and said that she understood that they didn't like her, and she wasn't going to make any excuses. She did say, however, that she wanted to let Rico knew who she was, and give Rico the choice to take that however she wanted.

Rico bit her bottom lip, averting her eyes elsewhere. She didn't know what she wanted to say right now. On the one hand, she had always wondered who her mother was and why she left. But on the other, her father told her Shivering Jemmy was an abomination, and someone to be feared. Someone she should turn tail and run from were she ever to encounter her.

Before she could respond, however, when Jemmy said she wanted to know things about Rico, Kyte interceded.

"Rico, darling, I'm fine with whatever you choose. It's entirely up to you. But something you need to consider is that the only reason she's here with us right now is that she lost her memories. She's not the same person she was before. So if you want-" a half-second of hesitation- "Your mother in your life, that's completely fine."

Rico had a lot to consider, but nodded gently, finally facing Jemmy and looking her right in the eyes. She was hesitant, but seemed open.

"Well, for one, I'm a lot smarter than other..." A brief glance to Kyte. "Kids. But my hobby...while I was away from the both of you, I sneaked out often from the orphanage to see an ex-Marine and practice with firearms with him. When I found daddy, he accepted that I already had invested in it and he lets me practice with them all the time. That's my hobby."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 am

Wrath explained that Jemmy had lost her memory, and that she wasn't the same person that she was before. Jemmy couldn't help but agree. From what she had heard, she had been kinda mean before. Right now, Jemmy didn't consider herself a mean person.

Somehow, it seemed better for Rico that the news came from Wrath. Had Jemmy been the one to mention amnesia, it would have come across as an excuse, and that wasn't what Jemmy wanted to accomplish.

Rico certainly did seem to be smarter than the average child, since she didn't ask certain questions. Of course, Rico probably wanted to know why Jemmy had left her at an orphanage. The problem was, Jemmy wanted to know that as well. Rico understood this, so she held back the questions she wanted to ask. In fact, she didn't ask anything of Jemmy.

But she did share her interest in firearms. Jemmy didn't know much about guns, but Rico was really interested in them. "It sounds like he's a really nice daddy. If you practice that much, you must be a really good shot." Jemmy grinned. "Why don't you show me? In return, I'll give you something."

Jemmy held out her hand and conjured a silver necklace. It was nothing too fancy, but it was modeled after a piece of jewelry Jemmy had seen a woman wearing around town. The necklace floated weightlessly over to Rico. "If you don't like it, I can always give you something else."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:17 am

Rico couldn't help but smile slightly when Jemmy said that Kyte sounded like a really nice daddy, and it brought a smile to Kyte's face as well. Rico was also happy that Jemmy concluded she should be a good shot after practicing that much. She did wonder why Jemmy was going to offer her a necklace in exchange for seeing her skills, but while Rico was a very smart eleven year old, she was still just an eleven year old.

She smiled gently and looked at the silver necklace, before nodding. "Sure...I'll go ahead and show you. What would you like me to hit?"

Kyte briefly wondered if Jemmy was going to ask Rico to shoot something in the house, but didn't voice his concerns, instead deciding to wait and see what Jemmy wanted Rico to do before trying to stop the fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Good. It seemed like Rico was starting to like Jemmy, if even just a little. She was even up for the idea of showing off her skills with a gun, and asked what Jemmy wanted her to hit.

Jemmy looked around. It was a very well-kept home, especially concerning the owner was Wrath. It seemed that even someone named after anger had a bit of a soft spot. Either way, it wouldn't be nice to wreck his house. "Well, nothing in here. Grab your gun and then come back. We're taking this show on the road." Jemmy looked over at Kyte. "I'm driving this time."

Regardless of how long it took Rico to fetch her weapon, Rico stood and walked over to Kyte. When Rico returned, if she had to leave the room at all, Jemmy would hold her hands out to each of them. "Here, hold my hand, both of you. You might want to close your eyes, too. I promise nothing bad will happen." When they were all there together, Jemmy would teleport the three of them to a location far, far away.

They were in a field, the warm air carrying the scent of flowers. The perfect blue sky was broken only by mountains in the distance. As far as the eye could see there was no sign of civilization. Kyte might recognize the region as a part of the Rocky Mountains.

Jemmy took a deep breath. "Ah, there we go. We can't break anything out here." Jemmy held out a hand and conjured 5 orbs of clay that would easily shatter upon getting shot. "Here you go, Rico. Show us what you've got!" The orbs flew into the air, and moved away from the small party. Reaching the target range, they maintained their distance and circled each other, providing a spinning roulette wheal with 5 targets to choose from. Jemmy hoped that the range was appropriate. If not, she would move the targets closer or farther away, whichever was needed.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 am

Kyte watched Jemmy curiously as she looked around their home, and said they weren't going to be shooting anything in there. Kyte shrugged, feigning nonchalance, but in reality was glad none of his stuff was going to be broken.

Rico went to go get her gun, and Kyte raised an eyebrow at Jemmy as she said that she was going to drive this time.

"Erm...okay. Do you even have a learner's permit?" He snickered. Kyte making sarcastic remarks was a good sign he was adapting well.

Rico soon came back with her pistol, held in a holster. She also had a few bullets in a pouch with her. "I'm ready!"

Jemmy told them to hold her hands, promising nothing bad would happen as she also asked them to close their eyes.

"Not too reassuring, but I'll go along."

He took Jemmy's hand, deciding to trust her for the time being. Rico blinked, nodding silently, and did the same, both closing their eyes. They were then transported to the Rocky Mountains, as Kyte did indeed recognize, and let go of Jemmy's hand. Rico's lingered for a moment before she let go. They both watched Jemmy form the spheres, before Kyte crossed his arms, looking at Rico.

"Well, show her what you've got, Rico," he said with a smile. Rico smiled gently and took aim, leveling her gun at the spheres, before cracking off five shots at them. All five of the orbs shattered, unless they deviated from their course abruptly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:42 am

Kyte seemed to be trusting Jemmy a bit more now. He was even making a few jokes. Jemmy decided that was a good thing.

Rico got to display her skill, and Jemmy was quite impressed. Her jaw dropped in amazement. "Wow. You didn't even miss once. I don't think many grown ups could shoot that well. You're amazing, Rico!" Honestly, Jemmy had no idea. She just assumed that it was hard to aim something that shot bullets faster than the eye could see.

Rico had bested the orbs, so now it was time for a new challenge.

Jemmy put a hand to her ear, as though hearing something far off. "But what's that? Could it be? Oh no! It's the return of the terrible rock monster!" A dozen boulders lifted themselves off the ground nearby and fashioned themselves into a golem. Jemmy was controlling the construct like a telekinetic puppeteer. The golem shook its arms in the air, as though in anger, and started stomping towards the party of three.

"Someone save us," Jemmy said, overly dramatic. "Rico, you're our only hope."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Kyte couldn't help but swell with pride at his daughter's accomplishment, glad Jemmy was (At least seemingly) impressed with Rico's shooting. Her childlike amazement was certainly hilarious, and then watched as she feigned a little terror, saying that a rock monster had "returned", and that Rico was their only hope, as she formed a rock monster herself and had it start walking towards them.

Kyte wanted to pipe in to give advice to Rico, but decided to let her do it herself.

Rico looked at the rock monster, immediately unloading the clip and reloading her gun. It was a fairly quick process, and when she was done, she pointed it at the rock monster, but then thought about it a little. It didn't have a brain like most living things.

She fired eight rounds- all her handgun could carry- at its joints. She aimed for one of the knees first, trying to blast it away so that it would fall. If she had shots to spare she'd put two in a shoulder and one in the head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 pm

The rock monster seemed unaffected by the first spree of bullets, but after Rico started aiming tactically, they had a much larger effect. The right knee cracked and soon shattered under the stress, causing the golem to fall on the other knee, supporting itself with one arm. The follow-up bullets hit the shoulder, weakening it enough to drop the golem to the ground. The shot to the head struck an already-damaged area (damaged because of the fall) and the head splintered open. The golem reached up in feigned agony before falling lifelessly to the ground.

Jemmy thought it had been a good performance. She had allowed the bullets to deal more damage than they otherwise would have to a giant slab of stone. Still, she could feel a sense of pride swelling up in her. Rico was, in her own way, quite powerful, as well as smart.

And she had turned out that way without any real help from either her or Wrath. The feeling of pride began to diminish a bit, but Jemmy willed the feeling to leave her. This reunion should be a happy time, not a time for feeling regret.

Jemmy clapped in celebration for Rico's performance. "That was amazing! You were all 'boom' 'boom,' and then it was like 'uuuuurrrgggg' 'crash!' That rock monster didn't stand a chance."

Jemmy ran over to Rico, smiling. "Rico, I know that I'm not a very good mommy. I'm sorry for that. Maybe I'm not as smart as someone like you. But I do want to be your friend. I want that very much. We can play all sorts of games and go on adventures and stuff like that. So even if you hate me, could you still be my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Kyte beamed with pride at Rico as she took down the creature with ease, though he suspected it had something to do with Jemmy. But he wouldn't voice the concern. Rico smiled as Jemmy seemed so excited, making her own sound effects and everything as she celebrated Rico's performance, saying that the rock monster never stood a chance.

Rico blinked, however, when Jemmy started apologizing for not being a good mommy, and said perhaps she wasn't as smart as Rico, but said that she wanted to be Rico's friend. She said she wanted to play games with her and go on adventures, and asked if they could be friends.

Rico smiled.

"It's true you weren't there for most of my life...and I'm just now getting to know you and Daddy...but you can still be my mommy if you want. I'll be your friend, too, but if it's something you want, it's there."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Jemmy embraced Rico tightly, though not nearly tight enough to hurt a powerhouse like Rico. My goodness, Jemmy thought. This girl had some muscle!

Rico wanted to be her friend, and her daughter. It was difficult to contain this much joy, and it showed on Jemmy's face. "That makes me very happy, Rico." Considering they were about the same 'age,' Jemmy thought that she would make a better friend than a mother, but she would do her best in both roles.

"Now then," Jemmy said, looking mischievously at Kyte. "Let's play some tag. Both of us are it. Let's get Wrath." Jemmy started running over towards Kyte. She wasn't moving very fast, but this was just the start of the game. When she wanted to, Jemmy would move a lot faster. "You're not going to let us catch you, are you Wrath?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 am

Kyte smiled as he watched the two embrace, and the mind wondered when Rico said she still wanted Jemmy to be her mother. He did wonder if she meant he wanted Jemmy to be with him, but then Jemmy cast him a mischievous glance, and he grinned, taking a step back in preparation as she said they were going to play tag.

However, this was no usual game of tag. Both Jemmy and Rico were it. Rico grinned maliciously to him.

"Aw, against a girl who can teleport and a girl who can find me wherever I am? That seems a little loaded."

Rico ran for him as he jumped and flapped his wings, going a little higher, but not far out of reach.

"I forgot he could do that..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Union (Dar)   Re: Union (Dar) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Union (Dar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next