Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Emily Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Emily Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Emily Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Emily Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Emily Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Emily Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Emily Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Emily Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Emily Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 136 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 136 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Emily Vote_lcapEmily Voting_barEmily Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Emily

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 9:15 am

"Emily"

Emily Sad-ar10

---Super Form---
Spoiler:

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Android Model 001
Nickname(s): "Emily"
Codename: Android
Alias(es):
Classification: Android
Affiliation: Hero

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Gender Female
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 140 lbs
Other Traits:

===POWERS===

Powers:

Ki Focus
Emily can focus a natural energy she is powered by called Ki. She draws from a finite pool of Ki and uses it to increase her stats. As a standard she can lift 600 lbs one handed and float and fly at 25 mph. She can focus all of her ki into certain functions to increase her flight speed to 60 mph or her lift weight to 2 tons. She cannot do both at once, and while one is active the other degrades. Her strength will drop to 200 lbs (still high due to her training and android body) and her flight to 10 mph. Lastly Emily can project energy outward into powerful Ki blasts which can range from beams to constructs and barriers. The larger the blast or barrier, the more Ki is used, causing her to use smaller and more focused blasts for the maximum efficiency. A standard blast from Emily will put out about 100 pounds of force, but these don't cost much energy for her to fire off. A charged blast at maximum will dish out about 4 tons, but these take a few seconds to charge. (Think KAAAAA...MEEEE...HAAAA...MEEEE....HAAAAAAAAAA)

Her barriers on the other hand will weaken as they get larger. She uses small ones all over her body to blast out up to 8 tons to negate force, thouh she only uses as much is necessary to conserve energy. A big one, large enough to shield several people, would only block up to about 500 lbs at best and that one is a real gas guzzler.
Additionally, Emily can absorb energy based attacks and magic based blasts of energy through receptors in her hands and turn them into ki for later use. To use her absorbing technique the blast must hit her hand. When Emily absorbs energy, she stores it within herself and can then freely use it. Because of this s can only old a certain amount at a time, and if she begins to reach a maximum she can transform to boost her cap. If she reaches her cap she must then discharge the energy immediately. The cap would be very difficult to measure, but given that she's normally around maximum before a fight, assume she would be immediately redirecting any energy she absorbs or risking overloading.

Transformation
Emily is able to augment her form by transferring Ki into the processer that creates it. This causes Ki to flow through every bit of her body, giving her a golden aura, blonde hair, and green eyes. In this form her stats are doubled that were previously written and her Ki blasts are twice as strong. Her Ki production is also increased to keep up with her body. While in this form however, her energy will drain rapidly. While she is training to minimalize this effect, she cannot keep the form on its own for more than an hour. In combat it will likely last about half that time due to the lack of constant Ki output. With constant output, it's more like 10 minutes. Additionally, Emily has a second form that she can access through this method, which begins to overload her. This is shown by the bolts of energy now escaping her figure. This form is highly unstable and will spike Emily's aggression and cause her to act more on impulse than anything else. It also further doubles her abilities. She can maintain the second form for about half the time of her original ability, or so long as she has ki remaining and is absorbing energy.

Android Physiology
Emily is not a human and therefore has no need to breathe. She does not need to sleep or eat. She is a juggernaut in long standing brawls and without using Ki to enhance herself, she has her own android abilities augmenting her strength to 200 lbs of lifting weight, and letting her run and move a bit faster than the average human. Additionally as an android, she was programmed with the understanding and mastery of a martial arts form that was developed to compliment her Ki abilities and android body. As an android and not a human, Emily really does not have the structural weaknesses of a human. I mean, she doesn't have organs. She doesn't NEED any part of her body, but taking parts off of her will slow her down. Also, she can feel pain, due to it being a basic warning system.

Skills:
Strong Willpower
Firearm Proficiency

Weaknesses:

Finite Pool of Ki
Emily's Ki will recharge over a given amount of time, but she does not have an endless amount. She will eventually run out and will need to rely on her android abilities in these scenarios.

Pride
Emily has a certain pride that came with her powers. She often seeks to test them an will search out fights against strong opponents actively. While this is harmless fun to her, she may be persuaded to battle someone far out of her league.

Hotwire
Yeah. Hotwire kinda destroys her along with any EMP based weapons due to her android body. Get Rekt.

Intelligence
Let's be honest here. Emily isn't very bright. She's not stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but her programming consists of punch the bad guys and win. It's pretty basic and she can be fooled easily in most scenarios by using her pride and programming against hher

Awareness
Emily needs to be on her guard to block with her Ki barrier.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:
Emily is synical and brutish. She prefers to go in fists swinging rather than talk out a solution and is always eager to test her strength. That being said, she often prefers a fair fight and will only fight some opponents at their best.

Strengths:
Pride Means Strong Will

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: What was the name of that scientist again...?
Place of Origin: Area Whatever
History:
Emily was made as a government project to oppose modern warfare. Basically the idea was that if a country became too strong for the military to combat, Emily would nuke them back into the stone age. Built with machinery purchased from Xiao Long Enterprises, she was being kept in a military facility near Jump City.

When Tiberius took over Jump and its surrounding areas, Emily was turned loose as a result of the base being emptied. While she means no harm to the public of Jump City, she now seeks to test her strength on the various Russian forces.

Last edited by Izzerz on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Claimed
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 2:58 pm

-Her Ki Focus abilities are pretty cool, but she's got a bit too much in there. Please drop the telekinesis ability.

-Please provide stats for how strong the Ki blasts and barriers are. Keep in mind that she's not allowed to go around nuking things. How big and strong are the constructs she can make?

-Is there a threshold to how much energy she can absorb at any one time? How does she absorb magic when Ki and magic are two very different things?

-How long can she maintain her second transformation?

-Being a master at a form of martial arts has to count as a whole power. Multiple? Sorry, but you just can't do that. She can be familiar with multiple but NOT a master, especially with other abilities under the Android Physiology power as well.

-I noticed that there is nothing stated about how durable Emily is. Is this deliberate or just forgotten? If deliberate, please add her squishyness to the weaknesses list.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:07 am

-Telekinesis removed

-Emily's Ki blasts will vary in size and intesity, but charging them makes them stronger. (KAAAA...MEEEE....HAAAA....MEEEE...) As for barriers, these can be as strong as she wants, the but longer its up and the stronger it is, the more energy they're going to consume, get it? It's proportional and she tends to use barriers in tiny bursts for optimization. She can determine how much she needs because she's a machine.

-Super Saiyan 2 time limit added

-Customized Martial Arts Mastery modified

-Lack of durability is deliberate, however it is NOT a weakness and I'll explain by explaining her source material. In Dragonball Z, the Z Fighters and, most notably Cell when the military confronted him, are immune to bullets effectively. The reason for this is because they use Ki barriers in concentrated locations in equal amounts of force to those created by the bullets or tank shells to negate them. While Emily can't block tank shells with her barriers because it'd take too much simply put, she can block bullets for a little while through her optimization, and of course punches can be blocked if she's paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Good good, however there are still things that need to be specified:

-You did not actually give any stats for how strong the blasts or barriers are.  I need something specific for the blasts, like force output or an example of what it can do.  Provide stats/examples for at least an average blast and her strongest possible.  

-The barriers likewise should have a maximum strength clearly stated, what the maximum size for them is, and how strong the barriers are at said maximum size.  Can she maintain them for longer than short bursts if she needed to, and if so how long?  Will catching Emily off guard with a surprise attack bypass this ability?  If so, I would recommend listing that in weaknesses.  

-Please also explain how much energy she can absorb and how much would be too much for her to absorb, causing her to overload, assuming this is possible.  How does she absorb magic?
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:20 pm

-I have placed a limit for her blasts and barriers, as well as a general guideline to go by for reaching her maximum charge on a blast.

-I have explained the overload as best I can, but stating her limit is...difficult given we can't really measure it in traditional weight or force. Difficult is actually a rather kind way of putting it.

Now, I think there may be a slight misunderstanding that I want to make clear. Emily absorbs ENERGY. Magic, to myself and most people, is a natural (or unnatural!) energy that is channeled by mages, witches, and artifacts of power, thus making it something Emily can absorb. Understand now?
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Magic is not a natural energy like heat, light, or energy (Ki) blasts.  Magic is something else entirely, and to me the idea of a robot being able to absorb magical power makes about as much sense as a robot USING magic.  It just doesn't happen.  That said, if someone focuses their magic to make an energy blast, then I see no reason why that can't be absorbed; but there will be no sucking magic out of people or objects to power her up.  

I also noticed that under her 'Awareness' weakness that you've said she can hear a gunshot and react in time.  I'm going to say right now that she can't do this for multiple reasons:  

One; you are assuming that Emily has a very fast reaction time.  Nowhere in her app does it say that she can react so quickly, ESPECIALLY if she's not on guard, which would make her even slower to react.  And considering the amount of other abilities she has, I don't see any reason why she should be allowed to have faster reflexes than any mortal human.  She may know some martial arts but that doesn't mean she will always be able to move fast enough to block an attack.  

Two; the average bullet travels about twice the speed of sound, meaning she would be hit before she ever even heard the shot, provided she was the target.  The feat you are explaining is flat out impossible.  In the end what you were actually doing here was not stating a weakness, but instead somehow turning it around and saying she could block anything that comes at her.  Remember that the whole point of having weaknesses is to admit that you don't expect your character to win every fight or block every attack and give easy ways for her to lose.  

On second glance I do see that she has AI Processing speed listed as a strength, but that's rather vague.  What does this mean?  AI means Artificial Intelligence, so spelled out that's Artificial Intelligence processing speed, which doesn't really mean anything.  Since the Strengths section is meant more for personality strengths, I don't see why it should be where it is.  If you are trying to say she has fast reflexes, then it belongs in skills; but again, considering her other abilities, giving her a faster-than-humanly-possible reaction time would be unfair.  

Other than these things, you seem to have specified the strengths of her blasts and barriers to a satisfactory degree.  The only other thing I can see is whether or not there is a limit to how much energy she can absorb at any one time.  So that, fixing her awareness weakness/reflex speed, limiting magic absorption to magic based energy attacks, and I think that's it.  I think we're almost done.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I think we have another misconception here Kardus. To absorb energy, the energy has to be in a raw form. She can't grab a lamp and suck the electricity from it or grab your wrist and drain your energy levels. She isn't Android 19. So if she picked up Blake's Gambol Shroud, she couldn't drain it of magic. It needs to be a beam or an elemental spell, or something that simply is raw energy like electricity, fire, or something similar. It needs to be in its RAW FORM. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

AI Processing was just a way to say that she thinks a bit faster, like a computer, but after some consideration I've removed it altogether. I also fixed her weakness
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 am

I did misunderstand about directly absorbing magic from objects; thank you for clarifying.    However I clearly understand that you want her to be able to use magic, there is not a misunderstanding there.  I am telling you now that she cannot be allowed to absorb magic.  End of story.  I see no reason why a robot who's workings have nothing to do with magic should be able to absorb such.  Magic and technology just don't mix and I can't see it happening.  If someone uses magic to make energy like fire and attacks her with that, she can absorb it.  Otherwise no.  

I would say this was the last thing that needs to be addressed, but I also just now realized that this would be your third active character, when you don't seem to have a third character slot.  

Sooo....um...yeah.  That kind of needs to be addressed. If you have a three thread (completed) character arc that I just haven't heard about, please post them here to officialize that third slot.
https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t4322-third-characters-and-you
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:39 am

Huh...Whoops. Posted there.

Well anyway, that's exactly what I'm going for here Kard. If magic is used to make fire or ice (cryobeams, which are still energy based), then she can drain them. OR A BEAM. A beam of pure energy that was not generated by its owner is still a beam of pure energy and can still be absorbed by Emily. If you cast a spell to slow her down or something, she isn't going to drain that.

Understand yet?
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am

Thank you for specifying 'magic' a little better. One more look over it, and...

Emily ZblwBJB
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Emily Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily   Emily Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:33 am