Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Vote_lcapNew in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Voting_barNew in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Vote_lcapNew in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Voting_barNew in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Empty
PostSubject: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:28 am

Cynthia helped set everything up on the stage of a nightclub; this would be her and her current band’s first big show. Named ‘Strings & Shoelaces’ they all knew this would just be a temporary band but they had all agreed that they wanted to play music and make money to get by, that and they also managed to work together well as a band sharing responsibilities and not arguing over much, but if a record company needed a guitarist or singer, etc. then they wouldn’t put up a struggle to hold that person back, they all just wanted to each go onto greater and better things.

But for now it was the Strings & Shoelaces, playing at the Bio night club on the lower floor.

Cynthia had recently got herself a new tattoo, a glistening emerald green 4 leaf clover on the very top of her right arm (from her perspective) which had “Home is where the heart is” in fancy calligraphy styled writing arched around the top of it, she also had gotten an eyebrow piercing too on her left eyebrow.

In terms of clothes she wore a panther printed vest shirt, a pair of bootcut black ripped jeans, her usual black Chuck Taylor converse and biker hat.

Cynthia positioned the microphone till it was pointing to her lips and the spotlights shone onto the stage and her band played the intro to the song before she sang.

Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:37 pm

[OOC: Really? No takers on this thread? Not even when I change it to Green Day?]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 2:03 am

Smith entered the nightclub. He had been out of town for a while, and the few friends he had made in high school had already started to drift away. Still, he needed to do something other than sit at home for the night. A concert sounded fun, so he had decided to go.

He was a bit late. The first song was already playing. Then again, it wasn't like this was super formal. There weren't as many people as he had expected. That was perfectly fine though. He just wanted to relax and listen to some music.

After buying an orange soda and sitting at a table by himself, he watched the band, and especially the female singer, perform. They were actually pretty talented. Smith leaned back and relaxed, simply enjoying the show.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:35 am

Cynthia smiled a little when she saw people starting to gather, she kept singing her heart out. If the band did good here then maybe they could gather a few fans, or even better attract the attention of a record company. She was singing in a male voice so hopefully that would show something new-ish, or at least it wasn't very common.

Once the song finished she smiled as there were a few people clapping, she walked over to the bar and ordered an orange & mango fruit drink (a J2O), drinking it through a straw and attempting to get her voice back to normal, her band was just one of the many who were playing there that night so she was free to relax with her band mates now and just hope the band gained a few fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

As relaxed as he was, Smith hoped he didn't look too out of place here. He was wearing black dress pants, dress shoes, a white dress shirt, and a tie. He had been trying to look more "professional" lately.

Smith clapped when Strings and Shoelaces finished their song. The female singer bought a drink over at the bar. Although several people had apparently enjoyed her singing, nobody was going up to talk to her yet. Smith decided to be the first. Taking his soda with him, he walked over to where Cynthia was relaxing, taking the chair next to her. He offered her a friendly smile.

"That was amazing. Your voice has quite the range. I think it was deeper than mine for a while. How did you learn to sing like that?"

Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:21 am

Cynthia looked to Smith when he spoke to her and gave him a smile, chuckling softly at his question "it's all a matter of practice and varying quantities of soda, the fizzyness makes my throat go weird which lets me sing male songs" she explained as she took a sip of her drink "I don't really expect my band to go very far though, we're just all going along for the ride" she told him casually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:11 am

Drinking soda allowed her to sound like a man? Smith chuckled. True or not, he found that funny.

She explained that she didn't expect her band to become very famous. It was more of a 'for fun' thing.

"Well, you know what they say. Aim for the moon." Smith took a sip of his soda, not bother to finish the common phrase. "In any case, you're very talented, and you got at least one more fan here tonight." He offered his hand for her to shake. "The name's Smith. I don't go to many concerts, but I'm glad I was here tonight. What do you do when your not practicing or performing?"
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 am

Cynthia smiled as she listened to Smith, shaking his hand when he introduced himself "you can call me Cynthia, as for what I do when I'm not practising of performing well...I usually just like to kick back and relax with some tv, although there's nothing usually good on it, I also do a little bit of busking too, just to earn some extra money, some day are good and others not so good" she told him as she finished her juice, if Smith knew accents he'd be able to recognise hers as quite Irish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Smith laughed. "Times are that tough, huh? I guess it's more fun than flipping burgers." He knew that money didn't grow on trees. Still, if she could afford to buy juice here, then she couldn't be too poor. He already knew she was talented, so she was probably able to make a decent living. "You have a bit of an accent. Are you from another country?" He chuckled. "I've never been out of the country myself. I've hardly been outside of California. It's not like I'm unhappy about it, though. Some people dream their whole lives of coming out here, and never get the chance. If everyone's going here on vacation, where else would I go?" He took another sip. "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Cynthia chuckled at Smith's statement about flipping burgers, he then asked about her accent and she nodded "yeah, I was born and raised in Ireland, my mother died when I was young so I was raised by my father and twin older brothers, the reason why I'm pretty tom-boyish today" she said smiling, he then asked about where she'd want to live if she could pick anywhere "hmm...probably somewhere like Sweden, not sure why though...if not Sweden then just anywhere in Northern Europe, I haven't really thought about it much" she said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Smith nodded. Sweden was a beautiful place. "How did you end up here? Ireland's a lot closer to Northern Europe than California." He grinned. "Was it a boyfriend? Maybe you wanted to be a movie-star? Both my parents wanted to be famous actors. Neither one did, but they stayed out here anyway. I think they liked the weather."

Sip.

"Of course, the weather seems to be changing. Meta-humans are everywhere now. Some people are convinced they'll kill us all. Others think that they'll save humanity from outside threats. I guess they did some good during this alien invasion, a lot more than I did, I suppose. Still, what is an army without a leader? The government has never really known how to deal with meta-humans, and it still doesn't."

He shrugged. It wasn't like he had any better ideas. People were gaining super powers overnight with no warning. There wasn't much you could do in that situation, short of taking each and every case in individual analysis. That was costly, though.

For all he knew, Cynthia could be a meta-human. Even Smith himself might be one, and he just might not know it yet. "What do you think should be done about meta-humans? Should they be left alone? Enlisted and trained by the military? Arrested? I've heard a lot of ideas, but none that I would really say are good."
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Cynthia smiled when Smith was curious about why she moved here "as cliché as it sounds...I came here for a change of scenery and maybe find fame and fortune with a new band, of course I miss my family and friends at home but America is so different from what I'm use to, its like an adventure" she said happily.

He then started talking about meta humans and her face turned to more a calm and curious look, interested in what he had to say about them, he seemed unsure about them, would he run off if she told him that she was one? She didn't want to take that risk of scaring him off so she decided not to tell him but she spoke her opinion on the matter "yeah, I heard about that Zydon thing, and I agree that the government isn't sure about the meta humans, but they're all individual, each are unique, you have your heroes, villains, but there are also some who just want to be left alone, they don't want to fight for good and they don't want to be evil either, they just want to live their life like a normal human, although some enjoy using their powers for more practical uses, such as using telekinesis to reach something on a high shelf in a supermarket, I've known a few metas who have shared their stories with me" she said as she paused for a moment to gather her thoughts more "I don't think they should be arrested unless they've done something bad, they're all individuals and so should be treated as such, all with varying powers, they have as much choice with what they want to do with their lives as humans do" she said as she stared at her juice and sipped it, finishing it and staring at the empty bottle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Smith hummed. "Everyone is capable of both good and evil. Then maybe the question should be: what should the government do with people in a world so full of radical change?" He chuckled again. "Then again, the government is just made up of people, like you and me...and that includes all those meta-humans. I've heard that there are some new kids calling themselves the Teen Titans."

Smith focused on the band that was playing now. They weren't as good as Cynthia's band. In fact, in his opinion, they were quite bad. "But the ladder to stardom is hard to climb, like you said. I've been following these new Titans on the news, and they can't seem to maintain a consistent team. Hey, you said you had meta-human friends. Are any of them in the Titans? I'd like to hear their side of the story."
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:37 am

Cynthia shook her head at Smith's question, listening to him the whole time "nah, my friends are mostly social rejects and such, they don't think much about being good or evil, just trying to make ends meet with their landlords and stuff you know? Anyway, I wouldn't even know if they're in the Teen Titans or not, I would assume a wall would have to be built between their social life and hero life" she said as she then ordered another juice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 am

Social rejects? Smith felt like he could identify with that. Though the reasons were surely different, he knew what it was like to be judged unfairly. Then again, everyone probably had at some time or other. Society itself seemed to be filled of nothing but social rejects. Everybody felt like they were one, and they didn't suspect that anyone else felt their pain.

Smith paused, wondering if these were the lyrics to some song. Was this concert atmosphere starting to get to him, unlocking his creative side?

No. He was just tired, and it was nice to talk about life with a pleasant stranger.

"It makes sense. You don't want supervillains showing up at your house. I wanted to be a Teen Titan when I was a kid, even if I didn't have powers. I mean, look at Robin." Smith decided that it would probably upset Cynthia to bring up thoughts about the Vanishing, so he tried to change the subject quick. "Do they have superheroes in Ireland? What's it like there? I really don't know much about it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)   New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New in town- Strings & Shoelaces, they'll rock your socks off (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next