Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Vote_lcapShady dealings [Ob/JaK] Voting_barShady dealings [Ob/JaK] Vote_rcap 
Moon
Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Vote_lcapShady dealings [Ob/JaK] Voting_barShady dealings [Ob/JaK] Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Empty
PostSubject: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 am

Jump city's Junkyard was a solitary place.

Especially at night. During the day, maybe, you could see a few folks rummaging through broken cars in search for anything useful, but certainly nobody in their right mind would come to wander in this kingdom of rusting metal and burned out household appliances, once the sun sets. Chance of tripping and getting a nasty cut from a piece of metal, or glass was far too high.

This fact made it a perfect rendezvous point. A perfect point for those who wish for their meeting to be held without any prying eyes. And there, hidden within the darkness, barely visible to the untrained eye, a shadowy figure stood. A tall man, his features covered by a red cloak with a hood, and a mask covering his face. He stood frozen, immovable like a statue, relying on the wooden staff in his hands.

Hafiz was waiting for someone.

It all started a few nights ago, when a voice within his head had informed him that it was time to set a plan in motion. A plan bigger than any could comprehend. Not even him. The outcomes of which were bleak, and moot. But one thing was clear about it - it was something the Prophet was unable to do alone. He needed allies, powerful allies. The few unfortunate he managed to drag into his newly-forming cult, the Cult of the Snake, were not merely enough. No, he needed someone else. Relying on nameless henchmen was like an invitation for a failure.

Luckily, he had resources. Enough to afford qualified help. It took some effort to find the right leads, but, eventually, Hafiz managed to contact the mercenary and assassins guild. They promised to send someone. And that someone was supposed to come here, tonight. In about ... five minutes.

I am curious as to who the 'Mercenaries R Us' would send to me. Considering I did not specify the task to them, and requested to deal with their man in person...

- Do not worry, my dear... Whatever happens tonight, would only bring us closer to reaching our goal... One way or another... - the voice rang within the caped man's head, making him breathe out, and close his eyes. Of course, the goddess was correct - she could see into the future. There was no reason to fret.

- As you say, mistress... I could only hope our man would come in time.

- Fear not, he will. The outcome of this negotiation, however, is in your hands. Do not fail me.

- I won't, I swear... I won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:38 am

Spoiler:

"Sorry Im late...." A calm voice rang out and upon a further glance in the direction it came from, a snow white haired shinobi could be witnessed perched upon a large decapitating carving knife. "I got lost on the path of life." Creed said, as he looked to the employer and then hopped down with his hands in his pockets and his headband pulled down over his left eye. "So, I'm not really one for too much small talk. If you can please be brief and too the point...It would be in everyone's best interest."

The ninja donned many concealed weapons in his pack and a laid back demeanor; it was almost questionable if he was the right man for the job. He didn't introduce himself or go through any basic pleasantries, one wouldn't even know if he were the assassin without making a light assumption. "I'll need intel. on the target, I'll need a possible/general location, and I'll need to see the money before I do...anything."
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

He was indeed, late.

And Hafiz had been giving a thought about leaving, after having waited for some time. His patience was not to be tested, and he was expecting people he paid to at least arrive on time. He only shot a sharp glare, towards where another voice came from. And upon laying his snakey eyes on the stranger, exhaled only a simple statement:

- A ninja.

It was indeed, a ninja. Or looked like one, at the very least. The Prophet looked over the man with a judging, pretentious gaze. For a ninja, he looked rather goofy. His excuse was a sham, as well - he did not look like a representative of a secretive and militant order at all! Was the mercenary guild toying with him? That the man could not allow.

Don't be making quick assumptions, Quentin. You know well that things are not always the way they seem.

- I always thought ninja orders valued discipline and punctuality. Guess I was wrong. - Hafiz said, with a bit of a sneer, and stepped out of darkness, his staff clanking against a metal pieces lying on the ground somewhere.

- But if you wish to talk business, we shall. I assume you are the mercenary the guild has sent upon my request. If you expected me to bring money with me though, you'd be wrong - carrying large sums is like drawing a bulls-eye on myself. I will transfer one third of the sum on your bank account, as a pledge. The rest you shall receive upon completion of your task.

Having said that, the red-cloaked man slowly walked around the would-be contractor. His sword certainly attracted attention - it was large, and looked bulky enough to be swung properly. Or, at least, it was in Hafiz's opinion. The first impressions were rather bleak as well. He didn't know about this man's record, and even if he did, he wouldn't trust them. Ratings and statistics could be easily fixed. No, he'd rather believe things when he'd see them...

- Perhaps you could test this man, if you have any doubts about him... - a whisper was heard within his head again, and Hafiz nodded, agreeing to the suggestion.

- I do not wish to buy a cat in a bag as well, mercenary. Before I tell you about the task, I wish to see what you're capable of... Starting right ... now.

And with that, Hafiz swung his staff in the man's general direction. Upon swing, 8 emanations of dark energy flew towards him, half-way becoming dangerous venomous snakes, each aimed to bite a particular body part of his. But the snakes, dangerous as they were, were a distraction maneuver, mostly, as Hafiz was coming not far behind, moving with inhuman speed and agility, in order to continue the attack!

Lets see that blade of yours in action...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:48 pm

"Punctuality?" This word was usually applied to those that worked by a schedule...Uptight people and beings that expected things to go by plan. However, in this world nothing was certain and things could happen in an instant or in a lifetime. So it was Creed's practice to handle situations as they came, and have an ideal plan for each outcome, rather than focus on just a few different variants for success, such as a plan A, plan B, etc.

"Ninja such a derogatory term; shinobi. You wouldn't like to call you the cloaked man, would you?" Creed was testing his patience and for good reason. He had employers in the past who couldn't keep their cool and nearly ruined the mission with their impatience. "Reasonable, and to be expected..I'd actually prefer it if you don't pay me until the deal goes through." It was an odd suggestion, but Creed had reason for it. "You see, I don't worry that I won't receive payment after the job is completed, because after you my work...You wouldn't be stupid enough to believe that there was any place in this world you could escape me if you were not to pay me." It was a stroke of good faith to trust your employer as well as boast a bit about his own abilities and his confidence, not getting paid, typically put the employer's at ease and confidence in his abilities.

However, apparently this one was going to be a different type of breed. He wanted to test Creed's abilities. His words were the tip off obviously and with them spoken Creed leaned and then performed a series of backflips and lunges towards his sword to avoid the snakes. Then as he reached his weapon he noticed the employer was missing from his original spot with his peripheral vision and grabbed his blade with one arm, while taking note of the missing adversary. He wielded it quickly and lightly as if it were a fan and spun it in between his fingers and as it rotated in front of him like a giant buzzsaw, the blade lopped off the snake heads. It appeared he didn't notice the approaching danger, but as he spun the blade in front of him it cycled around around him like a bow staff wielder would do performing stunts and blocked the strike from behind as well, without Creed even looking. "Will this suffice for your test, or would you like me to quit restraining myself?"
Creed spoke plainly and then dropped a kunai out from his sleeve and rolled forward. The large sword attached to his back now, from when he blocked the attack from behind and grabbed his headband with the other hand. He had hesitated to throw the hidden blade behind him and blocked instead because it wasn't wise to truly engage employers during their...tests.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Hafiz watched with a bit of sorrow, as the snakes he had summoned were decapitated by the large blade, but not for long. They were just summons, after all, and turned into shadowy substances after being dispatched - vanishing a few moments afterwards. They had served their purpose - while the assassin was busy with them, the Prophet managed to get close enough to engage in melee. And then...

*CLANK!*

Well now... this sword of his is more agile than I thought...

Hafiz had his attack blocked off, before the ninja made some distance, and switched out his ridiculous blade for a knife. The red-cloaked man simply returned to the usual stance, holding his staff in front of himself, as the proposition to call it quits was sounded. He smirked, underneath his mask, and answered:

- Like I said, I don't want to buy a cat in a bag. Show me a bit more.

And with that, he would, once more, launch himself at the temporary 'foe'. While he certainly wasn't as much of a martial artist as the mercenary, he was able enough, and the gift the Snake goddess had granted his body gave him superior speed, and strength, to be equal to any human, even a very-well trained one. Once in range, he would swing the staff, holding it with one hand, and with the strength of five men. His other hand remained free, for the time being, just in case.

This guy had a knife, after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

"So glad we could come to an understanding..." The ninja jukes sideways after revealing his sharingan to the employer, the staff grazes his blade and his arms shakes as he struggles against the strength of his adversary. While balancing his block on his hind leg, he slides his leg under Hafiz and attempts a sweep. "This eye...This is what will guarantee the success of the mission, since you want to know what you're paying for." The eye was a ruby red color with three accents around the pupil. Additionally, the sharingan as he called it, was glowing, but hadn't been when the battle first began. It was a peculiar trait to say the least, along with many other things about this particular shinobi. With his free hand as he spoke, Creed performed odd hand motions, as if speaking sign languages, but to a more educated individual they would recognize them as hand seals signaling the animal zodiacs.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:52 am

Ah, so this was not an average ninja after all. Hafiz smirked under his mask once again, after the Red-eyes over there managed to block the blow of his staff with that crummy little knife. Even at human's strength, this was a rather formidable foe. Which was good. He would have to have every advantage at his side to be able to complete the task the Prophet had in his mind.

- A supernatural power. These always come in handy when... - the snake-man was interrupted by the leg sweep, but it would be wrong to say he wasn't ready for some sort of trickery. Feeling the ground being pulled from under him, he landed on one knee, his weight reinforcing the support leg, and the pose gaining additional strength in his stance. His free hand was launched to grab the shinobi's leg, while his staff-wielding one was swung to strike against the side again, this time aimed against the ribs.

- ... When fighting another gifted with such powers. But what does it do? - Hafiz inquired, and, if his grip on the ninja's leg would've been successful, it would tighten around it, to make sure the foe does not escape, and black snake-like stripes would escape from under his sleeve, going under the ninja's clothes and imprinting themselves on his skin. What did they do? Well... the ninja would find out soon enough.

And I would find out soon enough what do these ... handsigns do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 pm

No more words escaped the ninja's lips. He only appearingly took the hit, while observing the stripes travel up his leg. The blow sounded like it had shattered a rib or three...Right, that's all he needed to know. The illusion then ended, as it was discovered the thing he struck wasn't Creed, but a mound of garbage/junk shaped like him, which broke apart from Hafiz's grip and attack. However, from above a bright light lit up the sky before hurtling down towards the snake mage.
"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" In the sky Creed had escaped and had already blown a rather hefty sized ball of what appeared to be fire at his temporary opponent. However, even though they did burn, these flames would not leave an actual burn mark. Afterwards, he landed on the ground about 3 yards from the opponent and placed a hand upon the floor while on one knee. "That should've impressed him...hopefully." The shinobi still wondered what that could've been back there, those markings...

Last edited by JaK on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:56 am

- Hah! Got you... not?

Hafiz's eyes widened underneath the mask, when the man, whom he successfully managed to trap and hit, suddenly become a ... pile of rubble and trash! And with a TV in place of a head to boot! The mage was shocked, for a few moments, letting go of the rubble and taking a step back. This he definitely did not expect, oh no - the ninja's powers seemed to be more on the side of the obscure.

- Heh-heh, didn't see that coming, did you, Quentin? I think this is enough proof that our money would be well-spent... Oh, and look out above you! - a chuckle rang in Hafiz's head, the last line making him look up, and face the ninja, who was coming from above with a big ball of fire. The prophet's eyes narrowed into slits, as he channeled energy into his staff, making it glow with a purplish light. He then swung the staff, with great strength and speed, bashing the fireball, and shattering it into many tiny flames, which scattered around, and, without fuel, died out within moments. Some landed on his cloak too, but the man was quick to put them out, patting the red fabrics. Then, he turned to the ninja, who landed a few feet away, and ... clapped.

*Clap, clap clap*

- My mistress has found your skills most impressive... and so did I. - the snake mage nodded a few times, before crossing his arms on his chest. - You managed to stand up to me physically, and your ... jutsus proved to be most useful. I am sure you would need all of them, once you'll begin the mission.

Hafiz walked past the man, stepping on a few more remaining fire flickers, making sure the Junk Yard succumbs into complete darkness once again. In it, the only things to glow would be the ninja's red eye... and the snake-man's yellow orbs. Leaning on his staff, petting its snake-like handle, the man had spoken:

- The task I want you to complete is rather specific, shinobi. A little bird told me, that within a week, a ship with various chemicals would arrive in jump city, after which it would be sent to the local refinery for utilization. This operation, of course, is not very ecologically safe, and frequently raises protests from the more ... eco-radical folk. But that is not the point. I wish you to sneak on that ship, and steal a container with a particular chemical, which should be somewhere in the cargo hold. The container's number is CR-108H. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? - the man said, and made a pause, to allow what he said sink in.

- However, that's not all. The difficult part is this: There will be a ... hero, around. Maybe one, maybe a few. They would be protecting the container. I want you to frame them for the theft, and possible destruction that might be caused. How do you do that, is up to you. Do you think you can manage the task? Oh... and name your price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:23 pm

"So infiltration and sabotage." Creed said as he pulled down his headband to cover his sharingan "Interesting." Creed was pondering why he would need to frame them, but asking too many questions wouldn't be potentially of any use. No, it was the right questions he needed to aim for. "Ok, before we move any further. I'll need more intel, specifically about the heroes. What kind abilities can I expect. As good as I am. If you're sending me on a metal cargo ship and one of them have them can crush the entire vessel like a tin can without warning or recognize me through some sort of visual mantra, I can't guarantee mission success." The ninja desired specifics on his possible targets. For good reason to; whenever heroes were involved things got, a degree higher in difficulty. Once he was sent to assassinate a sacred animal for religious political purposes and it's owner was able to suck out souls by taking a deep breath. Needless to say, that mission was rather...Difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]   Shady dealings [Ob/JaK] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shady dealings [Ob/JaK]
Page 1 of 1