Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Vote_lcapNeed Help. Some EVIL Help Voting_barNeed Help. Some EVIL Help Vote_rcap 
Moon
Need Help. Some EVIL Help Vote_lcapNeed Help. Some EVIL Help Voting_barNeed Help. Some EVIL Help Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Need Help. Some EVIL Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Need Help. Some EVIL Help Empty
PostSubject: Need Help. Some EVIL Help   Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm working on a fantasy adventure story, but I'm having troubles thinking of motivations for the main villain. I do know that he's going to be a psion (he can do stuff with his mind) and that he's going to threaten the peaceful existence of the kingdom. But what is his motivation?

I don't want him to just want to take over the world. I want something different. So please give me your best, worst, or strangest ideas. I would much appreciate it.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Need Help. Some EVIL Help   Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm

First of all, I think the best villains are ones that don't believe they are villains.

Some interesting motivations are..."I know what's good for you more than you do" where maybe...the villain believes that the kingdom is a blemish on a land that should be a different way and wants to destroy the people that he finds disgusting for one reason or another. Maybe he's a naturalist that wants the land to be all prairies and forests and hates the stones and castles set up...

OR

Maybe he's someone that believes that he deserves the throne and simply wants to overthrow the king or queen because he is entitled by...maybe lineage...or maybe he thinks he's too smart to not be the ruler...

OR

Maybe he's a patriot who thinks that everyone in power is evil for one reason or another. Maybe he was accidentally wronged by the kingdom and seeks some sort of vengeance or wants to see to it that it doesn't happen to anyone else...i dunno...his one true love was wrongly executed...i...i dunno........
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Need Help. Some EVIL Help   Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 am

As a fellow writer, I know your pain, Dar, and will try to provide my assistance.

Again, trying to make an original conflict is very difficult nowadays, especially with all of the fiction novels that have already been written.

Here's my two cents.

Since your villain is going to be a psion, indicating there is already going to be at least some level of magic/spirituality in play (Or at least I assume), here's some original plots I can think of.

-He thinks the gods of magic (If there are any, if not, magic itself) is overpowered and offers unfair advantage to other people. So, he sets out to right this wrong by...are you ready for this? ...becoming magic itself. In other words, he plans on becoming the magic that flows through everyone and everything to become a god over the entire world. How he goes about this is up to you, as to be honest, I would need a lot more detail. Maybe he discovers a spell that can do this. Maybe he discovers a series of spells that can do this. Your call.

If you want more ideas of mine, I'm going to have to know more about the story. How does this world work? Do a good amount of other people have access to special powers, like the psion? How many continents are there? Does it have magic, or is the psion just some higher stage of evolution that regular people have to deal with?
Back to top Go down
noodledorf

RPG character
Name: Edward Smith
Code Name: Captain I'm A Bad Guy
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Need Help. Some EVIL Help   Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:15 am

There is also the fun route of he's evil because he enjoys it. I mean it's not complex, he's just enjoying every minute of being evil and causing what ever misgive he can.
True villains that believe they're doing things that are not evil are enjoyable and villains that have slowly slipped from being a hero into a villain is interesting. Vader comes to mind, and not Anakin, I mean Vader pre prequels. But the villains that are evil because they are, really no motivation can be the scariest and/or the funniest to watch. Like which is more terrify, the villain you can reason with or the one you can't.
Think of the Joker, any of them. He exist to cause chaos, to him that is why he exist. And I mean when he's laughing at causing pain or misgive tell me you don't laugh with him...or was that just me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help. Some EVIL Help   Need Help. Some EVIL Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help. Some EVIL Help
Page 1 of 1