Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 82 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Vote_lcapLord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Voting_barLord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Vote_rcap 
Moon
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Vote_lcapLord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Voting_barLord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Empty
PostSubject: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

"You'll know what true fear is when you discover it's the last thing you put your faith in."

Jamben Urthadar

Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Jamben Szayel Urthadar
Nickname(s): Jamben the Sorcerer; Sorcerer Urthadar; Lord Jamben; Lord Urthadar; Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer
Codename: Nivalis
Alias(es): Szayel
Classification: Human Mage
Affiliation: Good

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 170 lbs
Other Traits: A tattoo of the symbol of the Ouroboros on the back of his neck.
Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Ouroboros

He wears a heavily insulated black coat, and black pants, along with a beautifully designed white and black scarf, and black leather gloves. He always wears lots of clothing.

===POWERS===

Powers: Magic, in the form of summoning very powerful creatures, casting a wide variety of spells, altering objects, hindering opponents, and good distractions.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1044186
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1044174
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1027759

Spells/Abilities

Jamben plays Magic and is able to place a geas, or conditional spell upon himself and his opponent. As the characters play the game of Magic, they are uninterrupted. They set conditions that will happen depending on who is victorious. If Jamben wins, he gets what he wants. If his enemy (ies) win (s), then they get what they want. Whoever wins a card game would be able to decide the outcome of the conflict.

Airwalk- Jamben may alter the gravity around himself slightly to run on walls, or even across air.
Force- Jamben may create slight pushes and pulls. While this can be used to push an opponent away, this can also help him carry objects with little to no effort. He can use this in conjunction with Airwalk to help only allies come with him. (Basically the player must be alright with it to levitate them)
Channel Lightning- A novice spell, really, Jamben may create a stroke of lightning. Opponents too near to the target may suffer electrocution as well.
Coldsnap- A bit more complicated than Channel Lightning, Jamben makes the air a lot less frictional, causing it to be much more cold and rigid, and then makes ice particles from the water particles in the air to form ice.
Precision- An expert level spell, Jamben makes the air around the edge of his blade vibrate a bit, making him able to cut a lot more than the blade without assistance would. The blade at this point even cuts the air itself.
Fireball- A novice spell, a ball of dangerous flames hot enough to melt iron. This can be from the size of a baseball to a six foot wide inferno.
Dredge Skeleton- An expert spell frowned upon by most, this makes a skeleton that is constantly mending itself.
Wall of Frost- Jamben creates a giant wall of ice as a diversion, hard to go through and hard to go around.
Geas- This spell works directly in conjunction with Jamben's Magic games. This creates a sphere around Jamben and his selected targets (The targets must to have agreed to a game with him) that spans a few hundred feet. This sphere is used to make illusions of the creatures and spells within the game. This sphere may widen to accommodate the size of the creatures within the game. This sphere comes with a few other perks, as well. It's unbreakable by any means, even other magic spells. It cannot be destroyed unless Jamben lets it down. Even if other people are within the sphere from the point of casting, or even if it expands to encompass other people, they are still not inside the sphere, but cannot be reached from inside of it. The creatures and spells are just illusions, so no physical or magical harm can come from them. Jamben can only use this geas if he and his target(s) are going to play Magic. Jamben can only use this geas if he will be inside it. The geas has no affect on the physical environment.
Nicol Bolas- Jamben summons a powerful magic creature by focusing all of the magic energy he has expended in the fight. Nicol Bolas is a dragon, and has access to fire, darkness, and water based spells. Jamben must have expended extreme amounts of magical energy in order to do this, and it would be a last ditch effort.

Special Details

As an Archmage, Jamben is particularly adept at casting spells over long periods of time. Some spells, however, are trouble even for an Archmage. Depending on how many minor spells he had cast before, he can only handle about five expert spells. Nicol Bolas is much more difficult, but he requires expended magical energy, so it's not so bad. However, with the energy it does require to summon him, Jamben can't cast anymore spells except for perhaps Airwalk for anywhere from half an hour to a full hour.

In order to cast spells, Jamben will say the equivalent of the name of the spell in Latin.

Skills: Spellcasting, intelligence, acrobatics

Weaknesses: No other powers than the ability to cast spells.

Equipment: A longsword.

Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer 1923_72207582DragonLordsLongsword

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality: Jamben is cheerful, carefree, outgoing, easy to get along with, smart, and nice.

Strengths: Jamben's very agile, and can think his way out of situations. In addition, he also often has the force to back it up.

Interests/Habits: Jamben always dresses in warm clothes, because he always seems to be cold. Almost nothing ever warms him up.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: None live.
Place of Origin: Scotland
Current City: Jump
History: Jamben was born in Scotland, and his family was of a clan that specialized in the black arts. They found that Jamben's magic didn't exactly match theirs, but didn't mind, as he was still a magic user. One day when Jamben was out buying more cattle for food, his father blew up the entire dwelling with a failed spell. Jamben packed up and left for a magic academy, where he mastered his own art. Unfortunately, while Jamben was in school, the Archmage was killed in a mysterious accident. After a few years, a new Archmage was elected: Jamben. Since then, he has been renowned for his magic capabilities, and since he is an Archmage, has been called "Lord." In addition, he has been named Lord over a magic region. Eventually, the school itself was destroyed in a secret magic war, Jamben and a few hundred others surviving. Since then, he's moved to Jump, trying to help keep the city in order with his particular way of Magic.

Sample RP

Last edited by Kyte Uchiha on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am

Claimed. I will review this character. Expect a reply soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 2:35 pm

This is an interesting idea, but I'm afraid it won't work as you have it set up right now. Attacks that automatically hit are not allowed in this site. They aren't fair, and they fail to truly take characters' capabilities into mind. When it comes right down to it, you would have the advantage over everyone with these cards, unless they also had a deck of cards. If they were given a deck of cards, they would still not be familiar with them. Many members of this site are probably not even aware of how to play Magic.

For these reasons, your character cannot be playing Magic as the rules of that game are. You are welcome to change your powers to something inspired by Magic, but the card game itself doesn't mesh with the Teen Titans universe or role-playing in general.

I do hope you revise this idea because I like it and I want to see it work. Let me know if and when you have made any changes.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Kyte Uchiha wrote:
-Once Jamben has declared a deck battle, the opponent(s) involved can only attack him once a turn.
-Jamben's creatures are permitted to attack once a turn.
-Once Jamben has declared a deck battle, he must choose one deck he is playing with. He cannot switch for the duration of the fight.
-Other players involved that are not originally opponents in the deck battle can be exiled and knocked out by exiling and instant kill abilities respectively.

If the conditions were reduced to these, would this be applicable?

I'm also going to be making edits to Jamben's history, because it still doesn't explain why he's "Lord" Jamben.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm

I've thought about this character a lot. The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't make sense. The 40 life points doesn't make any sense for either Jamben's opponents or himself. Even with your amended rules as stated in your most recent post, this character simply won't work. There are, however, 2 ways in which this character could work. They are radically different, as you can see below:

1. The character plays Magic and is able to place a geas, or conditional spell upon himself and his opponent. AS the two characters would play the game of Magic, they would be uninterrupted. Also, they would set conditions that will happen depending on who is victorious. If Jamben wins, he gets what he wants. If his enemy wins, then they get what they want. It's a way of determining the outcome of a conflict without violence. I never thought I'd say this, but I would reference Yu-Gi-Oh! for this particular character. Whoever wins a card game would be able to decide the outcome of the conflict between the two people.

2. Lord Jamben uses Magic cards to either summon creatures or invoke magical effects. This sounds very similar to your current power. However, Jamben is not playing a card game. He is simply using the cards to channel some sort of magical energy in order to fight. There would be no turns, no life points, no toughness, or any of that stuff. It would not resemble Magic in any way, but he would use summons and spells that are used in Magic. Of course, Jamben would still need limits on how many cards he could play within certain periods of time, and we would need descriptions of what the cards do in the TT universe.

There may be another way to get this character to work, but those are the only ones I can think of. Sadly, the current way you have the power structured will not work. I have thought long and hard about this, so know that I am not dismissing it. Let me know if and when you make any changes.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 am

Defender: Creature cannot attack.
Double strike: Creature deals immense damage. Consider them to have super strength.
Hexproof: Immune to magic of a nature other than Jamben's.
Indestructible: Cannot be killed or destroyed, will disappear like all other creatures when Jamben is incapacitated.
Shroud: Immune to magic of even Jamben's nature.

Counter: A spell that counters will be able to stop an attack.
Exile: A spell that exiles will put the target in a sphere for their next post only. In this sphere, they will be unable to harm, or be harmed. They will also not be aware of what is going on around them.
Regenerate: If the Regenerate cost is paid, the creature will recover from all damage.
Exalted: If a creature with Exalted attacks by itself, its attacks are considered unstoppable. However, they are able to be dodged.
Infect: Creatures with Infect weaken players when they become hit by an attack from them.
Undying: When a creature with Undying is destroyed, it comes back once, and only once.
Wither: Creatures with Wither weaken players when they become hit by an attack from them.

These are all of the abilities Jamben's creatures and spells may have, depending on the creature or spell itself.

If Jamben runs out of "cards" in his "deck," his magic abilities come to a stop for an hour.

Is this applicable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 pm

For Regeneration, what is the regeneration cost?

Exalted- No. Sorry, but being unstoppable won't work. I know you said it can still be dodged, but an attack can't just blow through everything. There has to be someone who could block it somehow.

Exile- No. Just no.

Ok. You have too many cards for me to look at. The limit has to be lower here. Here's what I'm going to say. You can have 1 fixed deck of cards. Planeswalkers and any legendary creatures are not allowed. Since the magic power usually gives you 10 spells, you can either have spells or summons. You cannot have both, unless you have a small amount of both. 31 summons, or 14 spells are too much.

Basically, you can use 10 cards. If I allowed you any more, the cards would need to be powered down considerably to avoid being overpowered. Unless you want a larger deck of very weak cards, I will need your full list of 10 cards, and what they can do. These will have to be specific and in detail. These 10 cards will be your one and only deck.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 am

What if my deck's creatures had no special abilities, and the only spells I could cast don't have any other special abilities than offense and drawing cards and such?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Since it seems that this character is on standby and that that would be the only way to get the second option approved, I'd like to do the first option. He can play card games to make deals.

But, in addition, I'd also like some spells, in case somebody doesn't want to play a card game and just wants to blow his head off. Just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner. I hadn't intended to ignore this character.

About option number 2, the main problem is that the cards in Magic are both very powerful and unique. For this reason, we would need to limit the number of cards that Jamben can use.

Option number 1 would work more smoothly, but you would be limited to fighting other players who are willing to play Magic using the site as a medium. You would get a few general spells, of course, so you wouldn't just get your head blown off, but this still seems like a poor option to me.

So no, you can't use more than 10 cards, unless they are very weak imaginings of those cards. The only way you could have more than 10 cards would be if they all basically did the same thing. For spells, they would provide an energy blast or something. For summons, they would conjure weak minions that would all be the same threat. The only difference between cards would be the appearance.

Again, sorry for the slow response.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

But for option one, wouldn't the other player be getting a deck of cards as well? And so wouldn't that balance things out?

I mean, Jamben wouldn't be able to play the cards unless someone else was willing to play with him. They would be undisturbed, and also the other player has total free will of playing the game or not. In addition, they're getting a deck of their own to play with, and trust me, I wouldn't skimp them on the decks. I'd let them choose a pre-made deck from Wizards themselves. So you're saying this would be unfair, and still in Jamben's favor?

EDIT: Also, I know you said that the first option looks disappointing, but I really have little choice compared to the other option. Choosing the second option reduces the game of Magic: The Gathering to something that I'm just not interested in playing with. Ten cards without any special abilities just isn't something I wanna do. I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, but the second option is just one that doesn't sound fun anymore to me. That's why I'm seeing what can happen with the first option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm

I never said that. Option 1 would be completely fair, but I'm just worried you (Kyte Uchiha, the user) would not be able to find many other members of the site who would want their characters to play this game. The reason is simply that they might not know how to play Magic. But, maybe I'm wrong and there are a bunch of people who would find this fun. I can't say for sure.

If you want to go with Option 1, this character can be approved as soon as we figure out what your side spells would be.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 am

Well, again, I apologize, but I simply don't find option two entertaining anymore. As for the side spells, I've edited them into the profile under by abilities.

EDIT: In addition, Jamben will always offer to teach them how to play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Counting your Magic geas as a spell, you have 1 spell too many. I'd also like a few details about the spells, like how big the fireballs can get and how often he casts spells. What does he have to do to cast spells?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Edited out Knight of Infamy for the geas.

Edited size range for the fireball.

As an Archmage, Jamben is particularly adept at casting spells over long periods of time. Some spells, however, are trouble even for an Archmage. Depending on how many minor spells he had cast before, he can only handle about five expert spells. Nicol Bolas is much more difficult, but he requires expended magical energy, so it's not so bad. However, with the energy it does require to summon him, Jamben can't cast anymore spells except for perhaps Airwalk for anywhere from half an hour to a full hour.

In order to cast spells, Jamben will say the equivalent of the name in Latin.

There's an additional detail I want to mention, but I can't mention it right now, because I need to talk to Crazy Moon about it. Is this applicable so far, though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer   Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord Jamben Urthadar, the Sorcerer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next