Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Vote_lcapI CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Voting_barI CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Vote_rcap 
Moon
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Vote_lcapI CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Voting_barI CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Empty
PostSubject: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:40 am

Yeah, okay, the title may have been a bit excessive. But I have an idea on a new character, and I was wondering if I could (Know I'm gonna get majorly laughed at for this) base his/her power on a card game deck. Specifically...

...Magic: The Gathering.

*cue dramatic plot twist music*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 am

Interesting. You can base your character on whatever you want. I've seen a few characters who were built around that card game. What card-related abilities did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:41 am

Not exactly card-related abilities...as in the character would go around and actually use a Magic deck that I've built and be able to summon creatures according to the cards and cast spells according to the cards. It would have to work as basically a regular Magic game except the person I'm playing against doesn't have any cards...unless they want to play a deck I've made.

It would put other players and the character himself into the basic system of Magic; they'd start out with 20 life and be defeated when dropping below 0. However, the other players would also be creatures, so they could deal with and destroy my creatures. I would still have to be able to play lands and such in order to cast spells.

Here's a system I imagine.

-An admin of my choosing (Probably JaK; he's on most) will use a program to determine what cards I get in my hand at the beginning of battle. I'd do this myself, but understand admins will probably need another way to rule to prevent godmodding.

-An admin also determines which card I draw each turn, or when I draw multiple cards.

All rules of Magic apply.
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:20 pm

As a fan of Magic The Gathering myself, I have to say 20 life points for the other person who isn't using a deck would turn out really bad. It'd be just like having a game against someone who is only using a Planeswalker. So for a suggestion, why not change that to 40 points for the person going against your character. Archenemy rules.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Well, the thing about that is that my creatures couldn't really automatically hit them like they do in Magic. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly that would work without giving me or the opponent too much of an edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Not an Admin here anymore, talk to Thr33 my replacement.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Alright, JaK. Sorry to hear.
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 am

I...wouldn't call myself your replacement JaK...that puts me up to too high of standards haha...

Anyway, I'm not very familiar with the game myself, but, the idea definitely sounds pretty cool. Is this a villain you're thinking up?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:08 pm

No. Perhaps a hero. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:15 pm

CM, I had a wondrous idea. Since you're pretty much the only player here that I know of that also plays Magic, how about we do a rp in AU or whatever so I can demonstrate how this power would work?

EDIT: Here's the three decks I want the character to use. I actually own these decks. Additionally, I'll be posting a complete rules section on the character soon.

Exuvia

Aestus

Malum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:10 pm

If this actually works, then couldn't one, hypothetically, make a character based on the very thing the thread title was based on?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am

He did say WHATEVER we want...
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am

Kyte, just looking at how many cards are in each deck. If you actually use these decks in real life, you should cut them down. One of them needs like 30 cards to be taken out <.< And another one shouldn't even have Bolas in it. Not needed at all.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:34 am

You're telling me you use like 40-50 cards in a deck? I always use at least 60. xD
Back to top Go down
Substikyute
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Substikyute

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:40 am

I try not to have more than 50 cards in a deck. Usual amount is 45. Makes things a lot easier to draw out. It's just how I was taught by my friends, one of whom main a green deck that had around 100 cards in it. That deck had very bad drawing despite being a pretty powerful one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!   I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next