Posts : 1301
Join date : 2010-10-14
Code Name: Al-Safira
Villain or good guy?: Evil
|Subject: Umbra Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm|| |
An Assassin is a Weapon.
A Weapon doesn't choose to kill.
The one who wields it, does.
- Shadow Meld (Able to blend into the shadows, using them as a cloak to move without being heard or seen)
- Able to disappear into the shadows, and reappear from another cluster of shadows (Like teleporting. Able to do this within a radius of a few blocks. Teleporting doesn't take long to perform, a second or so. But doing this more and more, does drain her energy)
- Can solidify shadows to form objects (E.G. Weapons/Shields. Weapons can pierce light armor with ease, whilst anything stronger would surely take a lot more hits. Additionally, too much blunt force to her weapons can break, shatter, or crack them such as a punch from Superboy. Weapons includes: Swords, Daggers, Spears, Staves)
- Able to take on a shadow like form. Transforming her entire body into just a shadow. (Accelerates her movement speed, allowing for her to get through the smallest of gaps. Umbra cannot attack in this form.)
- Able to use an opponents shadow against them (Making it mentally attack them. Igniting a feeling of fear within them.)
- Can launch a shadowy ball of flame at an enemy, acting as a projectile attack (Can burn through light armor, but cannot penetrate through strong sunlight or sturdier armor.)
- Able to create a protective forcefield around herself. Blocking light projectiles, and some light based attacks. Stronger attacks will only be stopped for a very limited amount of time and intense V burns through nearly instantly; seconds to a minute.
- Can shroud a target within the shadows. (Either acts as a shield or horrifies enemies, stunning them for a short period of time)
- Can call forth creatures from the Plane of Shadow to fight alongside her. (These banshees/ghosts can physically attack an enemy. Getting weaker as an attacker wipes out their shadow with each attack. Only able to with stand 4 attacks at most and light burns through them like acid.)
- Able to chance the brightness levels of a room.
- Perfect vision in the dark
Limitations & Weaknesses:
- Needs already formed shadows, can't create her own.
- Exposed if an area is suddenly lit up, negating any teleportation.
- Soon as a shadow made weapon is out of her grasp, it turns back into its original shadow within the next ten seconds
- Can be taken out of her shadow form by the sound of an intense, loud, sharp piercing sounds (Like a Symbiote)
Thrill of a chase
Only having to rely on herself
Wide open spaces, with little amount of cover
Being spoken down to
Being the center of attention
Agile on her feet
Doesn't lack confidence
Works best, alone
Is aware of what she can and cannot do
The limitations on her powers
Hates being out of her comfort zone
Over confidence can often be her downfall
Extreme UV Light/Sunlight
Speaks fluent Japanese/Chinese/Latin
Learnt Various Martial Art Styles (Muay Tai/Ju Jitsu/Capoeira/Kung Fu)
Data Pad (Used to store/upload/download data)
Tends to rarely take down her hood
Umbra doesn't lack confidence at all. Extremely cocky, but also at peace with herself. She has been mastering her craft for a long time now, and so rarely worries when faced with a difficult task. Not really a team player, preferring her own style of getting things done. But like any thief, she'll do whatever needs to be done, to get her pay check. Whether that be for good, or evil. Makes no difference to her.
Place of Origin:
Umbra doesn't truly know where she is from. Anything that happened before the age of six, she has forgotten, simply unable to remember. For at the age of six, she was taken in by a thieves/assassins guild, who operated within Japan. Umbra was taught her craft in more rural parts of Japan, putting her skills to the test in some of the bigger cities, where crime was more of a normal occurrence. The plan was for her to gain all the skills, all the tools necessary to become the world's greatest thief/assassin. When she wasn't learning combat, or stealth techniques. She was taught round the clock how to speak different languages, how to use tech/how to hack so that it made things much easier for her when performing such dastardly tasks. At the tender age of fourteen, Umbra left the guild. Unexpectedly of course, turning her back on those who invested time and effort into making who she is today. Why'd she run? She discovered her shadow manipulation powers, and knew that nobody would believe her, or even trust her if she claimed to have these powers. But over time, she taught herself. Learning to use Shadow Manipulation alongside the skills she learnt. As years went by, Umbra took jobs from anyone. As long as she got paid when the said task was done. (Might edit this for more detail when I get the time)
-------------------Night time had descended upon Tokyo Japan. It was a cloudy night sky, but lit up with all the neon lights, and scattered moon light which shot through the clouds. It was raining however, pouring down upon the streets below. Most people who were out in the rain, ran. Trying to find shelter from the rain, as it simply fell down from the heavens above, at an increasing rate. As we go to a more industrial district, filled with warehouses. Some abandoned, some not. We see a transaction going down between three men. It was a quiet place, not many people around. Smoke from factories filled the air, only being slightly halted by the rain.
One man seemed to be rather scrawny, dressed in tattered clothes and rags. Perhaps just a simple thief, likely homeless. Nothing too amazing about him, but he did speak fast. Worried almost. In his hand? A disc. Contents unknown, but it had to be something of importance. He was there with two others, talking to them. Going back and forth. One of the men was of a bigger, chunkier build. The body frame of a soldier perhaps. He seemed to be a bodyguard of sorts. Decked out in some degree of armour. Nothing heavy, but enough. He carried a machine gun in his hands. He stood behind another man, who seemed to be the mouth piece of the two. He was dressed more smartly. Wearing a slightly worn down greyish suit. Shades on as well, preventing his eyes from being seen. It appeared he was interested in whatever data could be found on that disk. Lifting up a briefcase to show the scrawnier one. He propped it open, revealing quite a bit of cash. All notes, filled to the brim. Shutting it once more, he held the briefcase down by his side, as talking continued.
As this transaction between the two parties involved was going on. We'd find a hooded figure perched up on one of the surrounding warehouse roofs. Knelt down slightly, peering down and listening in to the conversation. The identity was unknown, for the hood covered a great amount of the face. Now a voice was heard, coming from some form of earpiece. The hooded figure raised a hand up, holding down a button to speak back. A soft tone, revealing whoever this was, to be a girl.
"I've got who, and what you want in my sights. Hold on tight, I'll be done soon enough. It's okay to stay up past your bed time on this occasion. Just be sure to keep up your end of the deal..."
She let go of the button she had pressed, lowering her hand to grab a smoke grenade from her belt. As for the people below, the disc containing whatever important information upon it. Had been traded in return for the briefcase which was host to a large amount of cash. But just before the two parties would go their separate ways. Smoke would begin to fill the area, creating a shroud of mist so that all wasn't clear. The bigger man raised his firearm, shooting off into the distance from any angle. High and low, not too sure of where the smoke had come from. A tumble was heard, and the shooting had stopped. Clearly the gun had been dropped. The dense smoke began to clear now, well. A little at least. Revealing the bodyguard to be dead. His throat slit, with blood pouring out from the wound. The scrawnier man panicked, cautiously looking around. Frightened from the dead body being revealed. The other? He took a magnum out from his jacket pocket, pointing the firearm towards the scrawnier man. With his free hand, he searched through his pocket for the disc, but it was gone. He began to yell at the man stood opposite him, finger on the trigger, ready to fire. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, he dropped his gun. Falling down to his knees, and then to the floor. For the masked girl had appeared behind him, stabbing him in the back. Disc in hand, she cracked a smile at the other guy. Who now, simply ran away. Frightened, tossing anything out in the way behind him as he went. Turning a corner, he found himself walking right into the hooded figure, who pressed a dagger into his chest. Nothing too lethal, but he was injured. Once he had fallen back, clutching his chest. The figure knelt down, picking up the briefcase that contained the cash. She now walked away, down the alley. Leaving the scene, with both briefcase and disc. Simply uttering the words 'It's done' to her contractor who was on the other end of her earpiece. Mission accomplished.
All I could think of at the moment xD
Last edited by Amaggad on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
|Subject: Re: Umbra Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm|| |
OT: I call this one boys
Posts : 1301
Join date : 2010-10-14
Code Name: Al-Safira
Villain or good guy?: Evil
|Subject: Re: Umbra Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:51 pm|| |