Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Over Your Head (E then Open)
Today at 10:27 am by Energy

» Heros Of Tomorrow: M1: Late Night Bite [HOT/Open]
Today at 10:06 am by Energy

» Trainie Mod Applications
Today at 9:22 am by Energy

» Site Background Skin
Today at 7:29 am by Energy

» Chat Box Skin
Today at 7:20 am by Energy

» My Plans As Admin
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Emmz

» Magic Spell Brainstorming
Yesterday at 7:41 pm by Dar

» Thanks ^-^
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by Bloo

» Mission Passout
Yesterday at 8:58 am by Shadowwalker

Top posting users this week
Energy

Bloo

Shadowwalker

Kip

Dar

Noble

Emmz

Megabot

Top posting users this month
Energy

Dar

Tython

Shadowwalker

Bloo

Megabot

Noble

God King Ferg

Kip

Hellbreaker

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 6 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Bloo, Emmz, Energy, Hellbreaker, Rin, Shadowwalker

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Sterling

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Random suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Random suggestions   Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:48 pm

In all honesty I think we should remove rating system, its served no real purpose since we added it other than to give the newbs low reputations. Not to mention Im usually the only one rating up posts anyway.

Also I suggest we switch the 3 char rule to 4. 2 specifically for each city so maybe more people can make peeps for steel city. again these are just personal suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

No clue why the ratings ever got in. Simca added them while remaking the site. I have to say that since it does not tell me much, it has limited worth, but that's also a reason to remove it.

Suggestion two is a clear No. Explaining this no is quite simple, but I will have to. Can't say no without a good reason unless I want to be PM-nuked.The no is diabolic, but simple.

You see, people like even number. If you got 2 character slots, you can make 2 heroes. Most people will either have two heroes, two villains, but the most used option would be a middle way. One Good, one bad. Give people three character slots, then will eventually fill them up. One Good, One Bad...and then what. It makes them think about their choices, their roleplays. I've had several PMs suggesting 4 character slots to lift this 'problem'. There's no clear middle way.

The NEUTRAL class took a bit away of this, since you can have one of each, but a neutral is hard to play for most, so it's not an easy way. In short, instead of simply filling up slots with sometimes half-thought-over characters, people will have to think, either keeping it at 2, or building a solid character.

There's another reason why we did not raise it to four with the new factor that is Steel City. Steel City originally came to life because we thought there were lots of Jump City heroes. And there are. Jum pwas overcrowded, and we saw more and more RP's in other places. Adding Steel City was the thing that would possibly take down the pressure off even more.

Heroes would separate, explore the new City, and the spread would be somewhat better. It was to be hoped that giving a whole new dark and gritty, as well as team-less city, would stimulate new creative RPs and characters, but if we would allow a 4th character slot, most of the spreading-idea would be taken away. It would mean a potential 50 or so new characters, not only allowing easy-creation but also populating Steel as fast as Jump was populated.

But to end this with a question...

In my favor to Kinzey, I am helping her to reforge and rebuild a Final Fantasy RPG site. I'll call it FFRPG, but they use a point system based on post, which allows POWAH! It's a bit more complicated then that, but that's the baseline.

Should we implement such a thing to determine strenghts? I don't think we should use reputation, but should we use a point system?

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Id say any system is gonna make people use and abuse it naturally. To either vote down those who are inexperienced and annoy them with a post and / or vote up their friends. Maybe I could see it if mods and you only had the power to rate for both rep and pt system. Although in every instance new members could feel alienated by their own amounts of pts and reps, causing them to rp to improve this rather than to have fun and make good stories. However, I am curious as to what Powahhh a pt system would give us?
Back to top Go down
Zero Sukio

Location : Behind you with my Katana around you neck, about to kill you

RPG character
Name: Dimitri Lock
Code Name: Zero Sukio

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm

I Know this is none of my Business but Jak is Right with the Point System I have seen it in action and it does Alienate New users and ruins the fun of rping, I used to be a Admin and Mod a few sites that used that system and they have died because of it, but it does varies on different sites.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 am

While I can see you have a negative reputation at the moment, I wonder where it came from. After some looking I found one was from the funny pictures thing. I guess that jus t wasn't some members' cup of tea? Those pictures virtually swarm the internet. Aw well.

I do take it you pay no heed to such gestures nor should you, as they have no unofficial nor official meaning. Alienating is not something a -2 should do, don't bother yourself with that little number.

Though I must be frank with you. If this site dies because of a minor feature that has no implemention on the board, I will eat my shoe. My left shoe. Not the right one.

If a site dies because of something minor like that, then it might possible be a combination of things?

Im currently obstructed from any productive effort, but I'll see if I can remove it soon.

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dea

RPG character
Name: Dea
Code Name: none

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:19 am

Not sure if this helps...

As Emblem stated, he's graciously helping me get a site that was thrown onto my lap back up to speed and going again. Yes, we are going to use a point system, because post count representing power epicly failed. But I'm also a member at another site that uses a point system which has thus far worked out fine.

Now, points don't have to be earned the same way for everyone. They can be adjusted in any form you guys agree on. Different amounts for different things, whether it's in the Creation section, RP'ing, Special Events, a Reward system, or even Advertising for TTRPG. That way, it isn't so discouraging for new members to earn them and it's a fair competion for everyone.

Anyway, just a thought that might be helpful ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

I'm still not convinced it'll work well here. Personally I think post and ratings all of that should be eliminated or actually just stay with posts; atleast that will encourage activity which is always good and worked up until now. However if it were up to me we'd all just be equal and have no kind of system.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Random suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1