Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Cycle Continues
Yesterday at 2:27 am by Mega

» Dukes Up (Ask)
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:28 pm by Emmz

» I solemnly swear I am not doing no good [Open]
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 am by CM

» how to avoid vanishing [open, it's a plot thread Bow]
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am by Tython

» Make A Meal Of It (Ask)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am by Bow

» Scarlet and Gold (Bloo)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am by Bow

» The Obituaries (Ask)
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm by Mega

» Hubble Bubble Now There's Trouble (Open)
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm by Brother Grimm

» Alduin Ryzestein
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm by Mega

Top posting users this week
Top posting users this month
Mega

Tython

DivingDart

Emmz

Ama

Bow

CM

St. Jommy

The Departed

Brother Grimm

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Emmz

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Kyte

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Dukes Up (Ask)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Dukes Up (Ask)   Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Pix was finishing up the touches to his combat scenario. They Titans had been selfish to horde such technology. Massively customisable. In the old oil rig all they'd had was a gym. Not that he'd spent overly long trying to figure out his bench limit. Sparring hadn't been Pix's idea of a good time. He had a tendency to flinch before a punch connected.

The sprite had sent Nina to fetch Quinn. He wasn't sure where he stood with her just now. Obviously she wanted nothing to do with him. What with her years long campaign to have nothing to do with him. But Pix had decided not to let go so easily of her support and so continued to treat her as a staunch ally. She would see where she was wrong. Eventually.

From the observation deck the sprite was near the entrance, in an adjacent room filled with lockers and benches, the room next to that with showers. He continued twiddling dials and flicking back and forth switches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Cynthia Lachrome
Code Name: Kitsune/Discourse
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:28 pm

Nina would walk into the room and turned around to make sure Quinn was following her "uhh, Quinn is coming, she'll be here in a bit" she said, she would look around the room "hey at least if we're not eating, we're not putting on weight either...so...what're you fiddling with?" she asked curiously as she walked over to Pix.

Nina Vulpes #9966ff Active

Beatrise Utonium #9966cc Inactive

Hazel Fairweather #ffcc33 Active

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 pm

The sprite spared a glance at his fox-butted ally before putting the finished touches to his adjusted settings. "Battle simulator. It uses hard light holographic generators to specially customise your combat sector, sparring automatons, and environmental hazards. Basically. The Titans really were nerds." They had long suspected. There had been a time where they may only of been wieners, and once they'd shown signs of being a dweeb. But here today was irrevocable proof of their nerd status.

Sadly there was no cure. He would personally tell Suzuki. It would mean more if the news came from him. Mean more to Pix.

"We've been trapped on this island too long. Given by how often Kris trains, I'm under the impression you forget to punch or jump if you don't keep at it. You looking forward to the work out?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Quinn
Code Name: Sarin

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm

there was something that didn't feel right about being here in the tower. it felt wrong. the place itself, it was too clean (in the worst way possible). too clean, too slick, too modern. everything was precise. a purest display of a hero or heroine lair. it wasn't quinn. far from what she was used to and far from what she had been used to in more recent years. would it kill them to have some litter on the floor? a light bulb on the brink of death? a corpse of two laying about the place?

in no time at all quinn had followed on behind nina to where pix was waiting. needing to acquire a certain item first. when she entered there was no question she was ready. in her hand she held an old favourite - angelus mortis - her ring blade. the sharp rim still shining sharp, laced with one of her poisons. "you sure you want to train?". she asked, her glance veering from one to the other as she adjusted the ringed blade held in her hand. she couldn't remember even the two of them ever being fond of training. never mind being the ones organizing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Nina looked a little surprised "wait, working out? Why do we need to work out? I don't need to work out, all I do is crawl in vents and use magic and stuff" she said, a little put off by Pix's idea, although if he had a plan, she couldn't just outright disobey him, he kinda to a degree was her boss after all, and there was only the three of them there, well, the three that still called themselves HIVE anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:38 pm

"Sure I'm sure. We can't get by on just our natural gifts forever, Nina. Now being leader of HIVE I'll admit I've been kinda lax about these things. What with not even insisting you attend the base at least once a year - Quinn - but it's never too late to change. The Titans train together all the time. And they're almost competent."

A panel would open in the booth with stairs leading down to the expansive featureless chamber beyond the window, "After you." (^_^) The sprite would set the system to take audio commands, since the controls would be up here while they were down there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 pm

there were too many specifics there for quinn to throw out one of her usual verbal counter-attacks. there were a lot of questions and doubts to be had about pix's leadership. both his leadership style and just his general presence with such a role. maybe the only interesting thing was the suggestion as to his whereabouts the past number of years. "have you really been sat all alone in the oil rig all this time? that's sad, dude".

and then without much grandeur at all did a panel move open to reveal an ominous staircase leading downwards to whoever knows where. naturally the voice of cowardice would follow as expected but after releasing a heavy sigh and struggling not to roll her eyes, the snake-girl took the lead. "coward". she added before heading down the stairs into whatever dungeon secrets the titans - or pix - had hidden below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Nina would watch the panel open and the staircase revealed, she was glad that Quinn was going first, she'd seen too many horror films and thus knew everything that could be down there, waiting, so did Pix it seemed. Nina decided to follow Quinn, because being at the back of the line in a horror movie was just as bad as being at the front.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 pm

'Coward' had washed over him. Of course 'cautious' would be more apt, but it was a damn sight less objectionable than 'reckless'. Folk possessing a preternatural amount of courage were suicidal. And even those with a sensible amount weren't to be especially lauded. No, it was Quinn's mention of his sitting around that cut a nerve (-_-).

A seat of power was not given up so readily. Jump City was his base of operations. He'd put years into understanding its underworld. Obtaining his assets. He wasn't about to abandon it because membership had dropped off recently.

Some would call it stuck in a rut. But what was any job?

And it's about to pay off. I haven't been wasting my time.

He followed them down. Kicking a hidden panel caused the staircase to adjust itself back into the wall, although the seam was more visible on this side. They walked a little way into the empty chamber before Pix asked them to bunch up. Back to back was his idea. But he'd settle for human pyramid.

"Let's do this right. Nina. When we begin the simulation I want you to put one of your haunted house specials up around us. If you get what I mean." Pix resisted the urge to look up at the security camera in the room, "Then without much further ado, computer - initiate the input scenario."

The room was suddenly filled. The holographic displays brought forth a large quantity of sand. At their feet were massive dunes. A howling gale swirled around their bodies, tugging at clothes and whipping hair. They were in the middle of a sand-storm, so loud that it became impossible to hear anything that wasn't breathing down your ear.

Hidden by the sands were four silhouettes standing sentinel in the storm. Each cutting a finer figure than the last. It was impossible to see their eyes. But there was an impression that they were all watching the HIVE members with killer intent.

Knowing her cue, Nina activated some magic. She did so with a cool move, really quite hip yo. You wouldn't be interested in a description. And the trio would become surrounded by four opaque walls. At this Pix would cause the cavity in his chest to wrench open so he could grab the equipment hidden within. He pulled out a pair of sound cancelling headphones, the insertable end of the wire had been cut and stripped. Instead it was connected to a polystyrene cup.

Pix put on the headset. Then he took it off immediately and leaned into the other two, shouting to be heard, "Quinn! Put it on! Speak into the cup to talk!" Nina would fair better than him or Quinn in this racket. Her animal ears could deal with the tumult better and filter out more sound she needed to hear. Theoretically.

And the silhouettes outside prowled the perimeter of the walls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

with little warning a sandstorm of sorts whipped its way up in the confines of the room they were in. it certainly made a lot of noise, and the strong winds didn't help either. it would have been nice. really nice for pix to offer a heads-up first. sure - he was nothing but a sprite but his compatriots still possessed a head of hair - and one of them several tails too. maybe nina agreed. if only they had telepathy or at least something better than a mutual annoyance towards some shared things.

quinn folded her arms across her chest and leaned onto one foot more than the other. holding her ground in the mess of things. with much hesitation the snake-girl put on the headphones. they were far too bulky for this years' aesthetic and not at all comfortable to wear either. "you could've at least chosen a less bulky pair".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Nina would cover her face with her arms as the sandstorm whipped up her hair and tails, Pix was going to owe her some time to sort herself out after this, she imagined her long red hair would be in knots, and her tails would be shaking out sand from under her fur for weeks! Having put up the opaque illusionary walls with a flick of her free hand "okay, so what now?" asked Nina loudly, the wind was even louder in her fox ears but that also meant she could hear her friends better too, but she just had to concentrate on their voices, like how you hear someone better when you're looking at them and concentrating on their voice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dukes Up (Ask)   

Back to top Go down

Dukes Up (Ask)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Danger Room / Gym-