Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
The Obituaries (Ask) Vote_lcapThe Obituaries (Ask) Voting_barThe Obituaries (Ask) Vote_rcap 
Moon
The Obituaries (Ask) Vote_lcapThe Obituaries (Ask) Voting_barThe Obituaries (Ask) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Obituaries (Ask)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

The Obituaries (Ask) Empty
PostSubject: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:31 pm

The last time he'd been inside Titans Tower it had been as a prisoner. Granted - an intentional one. No one had told the Titans though, and so Hugh hadn't exactly been given a tour of the facility. He was eager to explore. He could quote the outer dimensions of the building, yet had never a chance to peruse its contents until now; making notes, amending theories, sketching the security grid.

He needed a stud finder and directional antennae to do it properly. But he was able to work out some by simple observation and interrogation. People had seen turrets come out the walls. You could tell what materials the doors were made from. The little rolling droids likely took care of maintenance. It was too big a task for Titans to do themselves.

But he'd have the complete picture from the monitor room. One of many doors that stubborn refused to open. Perhaps it was possible to circumvent that particular obstacle. But it'd be a fools mistake the discover the security measures by becoming a victim of them.

The keyboard-faced sprite moved back from the button and looked into what he presumed was a camera. The overt ones were likely duds. "Unless you've got a big red 'shut me down' button in there I'm willing to bet you can immediately counter anything heinous I plan to do. AIs have faster fingers than people after all. Cmon, I just need to look at your camera grid. Get a bigger picture of this world of poop we've landed in. The human brain has this thing where it thinks outside the box and catches the clues you computer programs dismiss as 'does not compute'. I'm happy to show you."

Don't make him fetch Kris.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm

The rolling droids were actually just additional security, for there were some rooms that did not have more lasers than you could shake a stick at. Plus they did not have the same constraints as the turrets in that they could fire at anyone listed in the system. But only a very select few people would have that kind of knowledge. "Incorrect," CAP's voice would crackle through an intercom. It was very handy to have data on the people inside the tower. Of course it wasn't all completed data. But it made situations like this very quick. "You do NOT need to see the cameras, Pix," CAP added as a metallic sphere that had been rolling by, stopped at the corner and just sat there. Just a friendly reminder that there was security and CAP would enjoy the chance to use it.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Suzuki would round the corner with the droid, noticing their change in direction and suspecting something was up. What she found at the end of the trail was something... new. CAP was speaking to a pixelated stranger that Suzuki had never seen before in her life. She frowned a bit, recognizing it as the monitor room. Though she knew little of how to operate the things inside, she'd definitely spent time staring at the cameras before.

"And who might you be?"

Suzuki would ask, stepping passed the droid as she approached the door. She could guess the stranger was trying to get access. CAP didn't seem to be doing that. The droids were standing down, though, so the man must not have been hostile... but there was a threat that he'd try something for sure. Why wouldn't CAP let him have access to the cameras?

"One of the HIVE visitors, maybe? Only a few reasons I could imagine CAP giving you a hard time."

She might not be the best at technology but that didn't mean Suzuki was stupid. She considered herself pretty intelligent. CAP had let Rico and Avy in, and even Kris once. If this one couldn't get into the system he must be even less trustworthy.

"Why do you need to be inside that room?"
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 6:00 pm

If your security system could be talked into betraying you, it probably wasn't very secure. Yet still Pix found himself irked by the rebuff. (-__-) A prisoner he no longer remained, and still it seemed he could not just waltz freely through the facility. Always worth a try though.

"I might not. We'll never know until I've seen them." That didn't seem to be a code-breaking piece of logic either. He would have to talk to Kris after all and find out who around here was on the Titans' buddy-buddy list. Certainly not Kris himself.

The new arrival surprised him momentarily (o_O). She must have been naturally light-footed. Pix tried his best to look like he planned to be obstructed today. Whatever that looked like. The pixels of his body shimmered like tiny scales.

The HIVE guess was good. Or an attempt to veil her recognition of the pixel man. Descriptions of him were never subtle. Quinn's... unclear intentions had made it necessary for him to remain a sprite for the time being. It was on the to-do list.

Pix responded to the last comment, "We're stood in the land of Oz. And I wanted to pay attention to the Wizard behind the curtain. Because there's no place like-" He paused (>.>), fixing on the newcomer's face. He recognised her. It took Pix only a few seconds to recall from where. But that didn't make any sense.

"Oh. Reports of your death seem to have been exaggerated. You are the Titan 'Red', aren't you?" Well no one else was likely to own up to that cliché a codename.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Suzuki noted that he didn't confirm nor deny her suspicions of his relationship to the dubious HIVE organization. She didn't mind, but took it as confirmation that he did work for the criminal masterminds. Under normal circumstances, Suzuki would have no tolerance for the thieves existence... but in this situation, all minds were welcome to try and help them escape.

"Exaggerated indeed. Assuming this isn't the after world we're trapped in. You can call me Suzuki."

Suzuki would say, remaining on her guard. The last HIVE member she saw had tried to murder her to be fair. This one seemed less murder-y and more weasel-y. The way his words rolled off his tongue in a way that rang out that he knew he was going to get what he wanted... these people were usually wasted on Suzuki, but the circumstances let her trust him more. What would anyone want, other than to escape?

"Let us in, CAP. I'll watch him."

The doors would open, but before Suzuki let him walk in, she'd stop him. "And what should I call you?"

After his answer she'd go in and activate her eyes to watch the monitors, looking for anything strange. There had to be some sort of tell they were in a void, right? Someone had to be pulling the strings. Her eyes slid to the man with her. Was he pulling the strings?
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Pix kept up to date on all of the Titans. Past and present. It was almost his job. Knowing things and pretending to know everything else. He'd been rather indisposed when Red had her tenure as a Titan. Wasn't there to roll out the welcome wagon. Some other HIVE had filled in. He had mixed feelings about that reign. Given that it left in city in a less than economical state. Can't steal from a town that had no income.

The afterlife hadn't exactly been disproven right now. And so Pix was concerned by the mention (-.-). Baby steps. The Ghost of Titans Past made herself immediately useful by allowing him access to the restricted area. Saved a convincing argument or two being spoken. Good sense. The sprite walked right in and scanned the room's contents.

"Pix." Speaking of unimaginative codenames. "It rhymes with Styx. The river you are not floating down." Multiple terminals. Chest of draws full of case files and print-outs. Sadly no big red button labelled 'shut me down', "Word has it that Lust killed you on the Tower assault. Though I've had Black John tell me himself that he did you in. And Caesar the monkey offered a goodly sum for your remains. Extra for your eyes intact."

He could do a lot from here. Pix tried to log into the system. See if it would take him commands or wanted passwording.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 pm

It didn't take long for Suzuki to regret standing up for the man. He went straight to the computers, looking like a kid in a candy store. Suzuki stood behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder to remind him she was watching as the requests for passwords and fingerprints popped up. "You seem like the type of criminal who just... does things on impulse, you know that? It's like you can't help yourself."

Suzuki observed, gesturing towards the monitors as she did. They showed the camera angles of the Tower, information that Pix probably appreciated. If it got them out of this mess, Suzuki cared less.

"Tell your monkey friend I'm sorry about his lack of eyes. He'll have to wait for someone else to kill me. I doubt it'll be anytime soon, though."

She'd been paying attention to those in the tower. There were few she thought would actually be a threat if push came to shove, and she had allies in her corner already. Not even mentioning CAP.

"Tell me what you see on these cameras, Pix. I'm willing to help you with your investigation. I can see you salivating at the ability to investigate the Tower. I can tell you this, if it seems like you'll be useful I wouldn't be opposed to letting you into restricted areas. If you seem useful."

The words almost seemed like a threat for if it seemed like he wasn't useful. Suzuki was hoping that it would inspire the thief.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:29 pm

He wouldn't call Caesar a friend. But her eyes were intact so the offer hadn't exactly expired. And even if it had expired it'd probably come back to life by now. That was a thing. Hey, he was already being condemned for this particular crime, no loss in committing it again.

"I'm only alive because I'm useful."

Taking his hands away from the keys the sprite peered into the monitors. What he saw was that the Titans were paranoid. The design was practically Orwellian. There were plenty of people about and none that he saw were Titans. Save for the girl stood next to him. Curious that. So much for Zydon revenge plot. It fit so nicely. What with the marauding Zydon Kris seemed to imply was still at large. But that foe did not appear on any of the cameras.

Blind spots. Maybe it was huddled up on a toilet stall, giggling to itself.

Pix took time with his perusal. There were a lot of monitors after all. Without looking away he changed the subject, "So what was death like? What's your fondest memory? You've been under soil for years. You've got to have something." Given that he had met several Deadly Sins, Pix was of the impression these days that an afterlife existed.

He just wasn't certain what form it may take. Or the criterium for getting there. If he knew which of the major religions were right he could work on rationalising his actions under their preferred morals now. Smarter than making a will anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Suzuki's red eyes would be darting quickly from screen to screen as she watched the cameras, but nothing seemed too strange. Greed was wandering about strangely, Suzuki noted, but she wasn't about to approach that demon for anything. She was just hoping trusting the Sin would be useful and worth it. Pix, on the other hand, seemed to be a nosey fellow.

"Death feels like waking up in a familiar place, surrounded by strangers. At least that's my experience with it. Sometimes you'll even find yourself teaming up with criminals to escape the mysterious realm."

A joke, though her tone was a bit off. Honestly she didn't remember anything from the afterlife, if she had gone there. She believed in it whole heartedly; she rather had to. Her powers were gifts from powerful Gods and there were Sins from Hell trapped in the same Tower they lived in. Too much evidence to say that the soul doesn't exist.

"Honestly, I think there's many Gods out there and each have their own versions of the afterlife. Why do you ask? Planning a visit?"

She teased, looking down at the man for a moment with a smirk. She was starting to lose hope in the cameras providing anything, but she also believed their had to be some sort of a clue somewhere, right? Every magic had a weakness. The trick was just finding it... well, whoever transported the Tower here might have knowledge enough to put the clues out of sight of the cameras. In fact, Suzuki was fairly sure they'd have had time to thoroughly map out the blue prints...
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 pm

"I ask because the chances of your revival and this situation with the Tower being unrelated are second to none. Both are unexplained. Both seem to have happened at the same time." Revival wasn't impossible. Nina ate with an undead fiend named Scapegoat. But it was certainly rare enough to warrant questioning. Why now? Why Red?

Maybe they were in the afterlife, and the Titan had brought them here by eating a pomegranate or some such baseless taboo. He needed to figure out a way to discount that. The memories of her post-life sojourn might be a way to do it. If she had none - even better.

Pix felt confident he knew the camera positions by now. He'd been creating a mnemonic to help. There did not seem to be any noticeable time dilation between different areas of the building. Another theory to scratch. He changed the topic again.

"I won't insult your intelligence and ask to see the recordings before the Tower disappeared. I'm sure you've tried that. Just work this thing and get us footage from when this all began. The first day. Cameras facing outside. Compare it to now. I want to see if this dome over us shrank. Because if it has, even incrementally, then we're in a lot of trouble." They may not starve to death, but that didn't necessarily mean they had an eternity to spend finding answers.

If she went to do that, the sprite would cut in with another adjacent question, "What is your religion?"
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 5:10 pm

"A lot of things seem to have happened at the same time, Pix." Suzuki would point out, looking at him. "If you're afraid you're dead, I can't really put you at ease... but using that same logic, everyone else wasn't dying before they were brought here were they? Rico said the last thing she remembers was a world years after I'd already died. She didn't remember being killed. When we got here, there were more camera feeds than this, too. It showed different footage of the same times."

Suzuki wasn't sure if she was trying to put his mind at ease or not, but decided to add another detail she'd tried to forget herself.
"There was a time that Rico tried hypnosis on me to get me to remember that day. It seemed like I died, but then... something happened. Like I was transported and talked to. I don't remember any of it, though. Could just be the hypnosis failing too."

Then he did the unthinkable. He asked her to... control the cameras. She stiffened, shifting a bit. How does one do that?
"CAP... can you, uh... do what he said?"

She clearly had no idea how to use any of this technology, but CAP would obey her and play what Pix requested on the monitors.

"I worship the Shinto pantheon. Three Gods in specific were the focus of my sect. I think that's all you really need to know about it. What do you worship?"

What God excuses crimes like his?
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 5:46 pm

The screens would briefly flicker, then go black with what sounded like your average computer noises followed by a digital sigh of irritation. The screens would then start to switch to outside, flickering once in awhile like someone changing a channel. They were all mostly the same, a sunny day- but some would have very small differences in the world around the tower. Sometimes the sky was a different color, sometimes the water, sometimes the city was as it should be, other times it was a sprawling tech metropolis, other times it was smaller than it should have been. "As you can see... these are all of the same date and location, yet there are differences in the world around the tower," CAP intoned as the footage went static for a split second and left the scene they saw now. The Vantablack "walls" towering over them in all directions, as if they had always been there. A thing to note however was that there were no droids marching about at that time. The dates were also... glitchy. Based on the time between the last recordings prior to the walls being there, much time had passed. About the same amount of time since Suz would have been dead for, give or take several days or so.

As the footage continued, a small distortion in the air would "pop" into existence as someone in a black hoodie would now be standing outside the tower. They would look up, give a thumbs up to... someone or something presumably looking back down at them, then look down at what was more or less an Ipad for a moment before "popping" back out of sight. "Based on some readings on that day, compared to now, there has been no apparent change with the radius of the 'walls' surrounding us."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Shinto was an interesting choice. Hadn't expected that, but he guessed she did have that Japanese look about her. Hugh knew a lot more about the practice than could be expected, because as luck would have it, his friend Nina was also a Shinto... ist. The kitsune prayed at shrines and spoke of fox messengers. He would have to ask her more about it later. See if he couldn't identify those three gods Red favoured.

Pix answered Red's question while CAP got to work on their request; computers whirring in the background.

"I worship the idea of not pissing off whoever's in charge up there by praying to the wrong deity." The proper term being agnostic theism. There was the argument that fence sitters would lose in any final judgement by default, but considering some of the so called apex religions hadn't existed through most of human history, Pix was willing to bank against that idea.

"My folks are Christian though. Brought me to Mormon services when I was younger. Then we moved to a district of majority Hispanic vote, and suddenly dad figured out he was a Catholic. Go figure." His father never carried his beliefs with him outside the church. They were a show, a pantomime, a label for his constituents.

When the playbacks were finished, Pix was almost of a mind to put time dilation back on the table. Same date and location. Yet different. Alternate realities? Please no. That was enough to give even him a headache.

"Barrier appears to be stable at least." He said with acrimony. It left more questions. More threads without seeming association. Whatever the cause he had no doubt the Titans were part of the motive. Why else use their Tower as a focal point? Then again - they'd only taken one Titan. And that a deceased member. A mistake?

He sat in the chair, swivelling it away from the monitors, "We could say your hypnosis failed. But we'd have nothing. So. Transported and talked to suggests death personifications or a reality bender. Like Nercati or Jemmy. Either would be bad. Someone we haven't even heard of would be worse." If there was a malign influence behind the design here, and they weren't restricted by the restraints of technology, they could be in some deep doo-doo.

"Computer. Take us back to the figure in the black hoodie. Run facial recognition on him. Titans ought to have a good database of metas by now." He could just ask Red who the guy was. Probably some Titan acquaintance. But this seemed faster to him, "We can repeat that command in a queerly Titan sounding voice if it helps."
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Suzuki didn't often deal compliments out to criminals, she usually used terms like 'worms' or 'diseases' to describe them... but this Pix fellow was definitely praiseworthy. If the evil hadn't corrupted him, he'd be a truly amazing person. His mind seemed to work fast, and multitask very well. Not as great as Rico, but that wasn't a fair comparison. He certainly wasn't as cute as Rico, either, but that was definitely not a fair comparison.
The thought was shaken as soon as it entered her mind. Back on track.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll add you to the list of family children at my shrine if you can help us get home. Maybe you'll be reborn with a soul more pure, if mine is a truthful religion."

She only added that if for his skeptical mind, because she knew her Gods were real. She'd done her research and prayers, but would be the first to admit the will of the Gods are extremely unclear no matter what the high priests and her father would say. They didn't know their Gods the way she did. It meant a lot for Suzuki to offer that to the man, too, but she tried not to dwell on it.

"Just because the barrier isn't changing doesn't mean we have all the time in the world, though. Someone or something brought us here for a reason; be it those two you mentioned or a new threat of cosmic capacity like this... I don't care to stick around until we're needed. I'd rather meet the enemy on our own terms."

Then Pix asked CAP to show them footage of the hoodie guy. Another of the mysterious guests that Suzuki hadn't had much time to investigate. Besides, if she'd tried to investigate every strange face she'd really have her hands full... but maybe the legwork would be worth it.

"Does he give you a bad vibe? I've not been able to get a read on him."
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Some of the screens would change, one being locked onto the mysterious hoodie guy while the others were if CAP visibly doing what was asked of him. Didn't take too long for a hit to come up. But the designation wasn't titans. It was Steel City. "This was... locked to me before," CAP commented as data started to pop up on the screen. It was revealed to be more of a personnel file for STAR Labs. But now they had a name to go with. "That Pun Guy." There was an audible sound of irritation from CAP. "This was tampered with..."

The rest of the info was very basic and straightforward. He was the youngest person to be admitted to STAR Labs as an intern, later "moved up" to field work. Anything pertaining to that was vague, names were mentioned but without proper context, there wasn't a way to fully understand what it was he actually did. Another file came up, this was was Steel City but there was a different touch to it. Looked like a Steel City police department designation but done by someone belonging to a special branch of it. Special Weapons and Reinforcement Meta-Humans. Again, the name was tampered with. "Lazybones."

There were again some names. But details on that were also tampered with. And then there would suddenly be a "pop" sound as someone in a black hoodie appeared directly behind Pix. "heya kids. whatcha' up to?" The Man of the hour asked with maximum creep factor- he was deliberately trying to scare Pix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Obituaries (Ask)   The Obituaries (Ask) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Obituaries (Ask)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Boot 3-
Jump to: