Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Weaver
Today at 4:12 am by Bloo

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by Bloo

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 11:36 am by Energy

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Yesterday at 5:08 am by Gwen

» Who has time?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm by Dar

» Heroes Of Today
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 am by Energy

» The Arrival (Open)
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 am by Energy

Top posting users this week
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Bloo

Fox

Noble

Tython

Silent Night

Gwen

Top posting users this month
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Fox

Tython

Pikazard

Bloo

Sterling

Nano Donna

Noble

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Character Build Help Request

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tython
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Bogan Genesis
Code Name: Avenger
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Character Build Help Request   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 am

Huh I could have swore there was a thread like this. Anyways I need help defining a play style into a power set. Basically I am making an Necromancer character archetype who hangs in the back as an support class as he lets his minions protect the Necromancer. Righ now I got 1/3 of my power build set but I am uncertain if I did the playstyle right with my power selections and I don't know what to do with my last two sub powers wether to use them as more summons or an support/buff power for the Necromancer or his army.

Netherkinesis ~ Her People's innate abilities grant them to control Nether, the source of what drains life away from living things, it is the destructive aspect of reality, the source and very concept of entropy and destruction, disasters and all degeneration in matter, energy and concepts. Aurlyn delved into the Dark Arts of Nether to combat her enemies that go bump in the night. A thin black mist cover the ground around her feet in ten meters and from the abyss she can create hordes of zombies or skeletons. The number depends on size and variety, if it's the typical runner zombie she can create up to fifty of them but if it's an giant amalgamation of zombies sewn together she can only summon one of them. For skeletons she could either summon fifty skeletal warriors or a skeletal dragon.

Lady of Reapers ~ Aurlyn has led many armies in her time and many of their brave Soldiers continue to serve her after their death. She calls out to them in the nether to bring her by her side once more as phantom warriors. The most she can call at a time is twenty in a radius of fifty yards. Given their nature they can cause phantom pain from their weapons and if the enemy gets 3-4 hits on them their ectoplasm will destabilize and poof apart.

Lady of Pestilence ~ It is one of Aurlyn greatest regrets to have caused the Black Death when she attempted to wipe out several communities of devil worshippers but in the process her plague spread faster than she could tame it. In present day she has more control and restraint over it. Capable of producing harmful bacteria, viruses, dozens of rats, swarm of demonic insects or an flock of hellish carrion-feeders. The bacteria/viruses can produce a variety of symptoms and can be spread from person to person but will dissipate once the carrier gets 50 yards away from Aurlyn and its health gets better. Regarding plague spreaders only one group can be summoned at a time and will crumble to black dust if left the 50 yard radius

Chthonic Dominion ~ Aurlyn’s people hold great power over many realms where souls are held and as such many of its native residents recognized and acknowledges Aurlyn’s power. She can control them to do their bidding like, help them during situations, use them to see locations and get information about a particular place, use them for battle, use them for spying on others. Like with her Dark Arts the quantity/quality of the hellish beasts she summon vary greatly. Like summoning one dead leviathan for underwater transportation or thirty hell hounds for scouting the area.

~

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Character Build Help Request   Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 am

There are numerous issues/problems with the ability to summon things to fight for you. I'll just go with (from my standpoint) the most common issue a summoner should expect to run into with the current "mechanics" and limitations of the forum as it is: Power Slot Economy. This only really applies whether or not you're a mid/min-maxer.

You do not have a sufficient number of slots that would enable you to make a practical summoner. The reason for that, is the amount of versatility and options potentially at your disposal that are lost because you have 3 powers, with 2 sub-powers a pop. Subs are supposed to be weaker in comparison to their root power, btw. I'll explain using what you have as examples. But before that, there's also the problem with limiting how many times you can spawn minions before you can't or everyone gets bored of smashing your goons and bailing the thread entirely.

A giant amalgamate of zombies, is different then a regular zombie in more ways then the obvious. It's giant as you said, which I would assume makes it stronger and more durable then a normal zombie? Okay that's fine. But then which attribute gets the POWER slot, and which ones get the "SUB" slots? And because it's an amalgamate, what other attributes would it have? Better sight because of all the eyeballs it may have? Multiple limbs for swiping at people? Did you have any attributes in mind for the normal zombies and skeletons? Skelies are typically more dexterous then zombies and also can see because magic says they can.

And a skele-dragon would definitely take up a slot because I assume it is intended to be a dragon. These creatures are huge, had incredibly durable scales (I'd wager this applies to bones too), razor sharp claws, teeth, a powerful tail, and of course the epic dragon breath attack. Once again, WHICH of these commonly associated attributes would get the POWER slot, and which 2 would get stuck with the SUB slots?

Pestilence is another common case of too versatile combined with too many options- especially for a sub-power. It's literally a "I can summon almost anything that can kill you slowly or ravenously" and "I can give you any number of ailments, like flesh eating bacteria!"

Cthonic Dominion: Again, too versatile, too vague, too many options. A leviathan is a godzilla sized serpent dragon thing iirc. I don't see that seeing the light of day just because of that.

My best suggestion to optimize it would be to either choose ONE specific entity to summon that doesn't have too many traits associated with it (so no dragon unless you nerf it some), give it ONE thing it's really good at doing, and two things it's decent at doing based on what it is. Like for a weaker dragon, have it be maybe half the size of a bus, make it's bones durable, and give it some kind of breath attack- because if the bones are durable, the claws should still be able to cut through some stuff.

And then either have a number of necromancer spells devoted to cursing/hindering opponents, or bolstering your summoned servant.

OR you could have 3 different summons that basically follow the same idea as my first suggestion. Have a Bruiser-styled summon for attacking and defending, a blaster styled minion to pepper opponents from a distance, and a "support" that floats around either annoying the hell out of people or making it easier for your dudes not die so quickly xD

2/19/17[10:10:25]Mega: You Bloo it there [10:10:46]@ Bloo: Shut up
My Characters
Weaver: cornflowerblue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tython
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Bogan Genesis
Code Name: Avenger
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Character Build Help Request   Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:06 am

Quote :
But before that, there's also the problem with limiting how many times you can spawn minions before you can't or everyone gets bored of smashing your goons and bailing the thread entirely.

Aye I fully understand the problem, to share an experience I made a very powerful Necromancer build in Skyrim where I use the Aetherial Crown+Ritual Stone combo, with the Ritual Stone my Dragonborn can cast an large resurrection field that expands out from the Dragonborn once a day, resurrecting all corpses within a fairly large radius for 60 seconds. Once the time has elapsed, the reanimated will fall to the ground but not disintegrate. With the crown however I can use the Ritual Stone spell multiple times per day by un-equipping and re-equipping the crown after it is used. One time when I was about to confront an Dragon Priest I had an army of twenty Draugr, they would swarm the priest and when ever the man count start to get low I just reanimate my army again and again while whittling away the boss health. So imagining myself on the other end of my Necro Dragonborn it would be very tedious to try to plow through an immortal army to get to the necromancer. It would be even more rage inducing if that army was composed of Deathlords as I would then be pinned to the wall by constant shouts. So in conclusion yes, an immortal swarm of the undead would be indeed an major problem. Now I was going to go more in depth in the weaknesses but you are right about being to much variety.

OR you could have 3 different summons that basically follow the same idea as my first suggestion. Have a Bruiser-styled summon for attacking and defending, a blaster styled minion to pepper opponents from a distance, and a "support" that floats around either annoying the hell out of people or making it easier for your dudes not die so quickly xD wrote:

I really like suggestion as it reminds me of RPG games I enjoyed in my life such as Final Fanasty, Golden Sun, Ect or in MMO raids where you got the party composed of DPS, Healers, and Tanks. So I'll go with this suggestion. :3

Anyways thank you so much for the great feedback as you gave me an better picture for this build. At first it seemed tricky as I had my first M/S/S set be immortality and undying like Bogan was. However with the lore I have so far I could make it she does not have that yet and just have her family bring her back to Earth after a period of time, then again I am assuming here on the rules of ressurection as I've seen RP characters brought back to life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Build Help Request   

Back to top Go down

Character Build Help Request
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1