Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Weaver
Today at 4:12 am by Bloo

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by Bloo

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 11:36 am by Energy

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Yesterday at 5:08 am by Gwen

» Who has time?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm by Dar

» Heroes Of Today
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 am by Energy

» The Arrival (Open)
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 am by Energy

Top posting users this week
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Bloo

Fox

Noble

Tython

Silent Night

Gwen

Top posting users this month
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Fox

Tython

Pikazard

Bloo

Sterling

Nano Donna

Noble

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gwen

PostSubject: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:21 am

"...One of these days I'll be on time for something."

Gwendolyne Stacy

«««IDENTITY»»»

Full Name: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy
Nickname(s): Gwen
Codename: Spider-Woman
Alias(es):
Race: Augmented Human
Alignment: Neutral/Chaotic Good

«««PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION»»»

Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lbs
Other Traits:

«««SKILL SET»»»

Powers

Spider Physiology
Gwen has the abilities of a spider to scale of a human. Meaning she has the following abilities.

• Superhuman Strength – Simply put, Gwen can bench up to 5 tons. She can also strike much harder than the average teenage girl at about 412 lbs of force, the average striking power of a professional boxer.
  • Superhuman Speed and Reflexes – Gwen can run at approximately 60 miles per hour, and has the reaction speed to move at these speeds without being hindered in any way. She can also dodge most bullets and similar projectiles, so long as she has some fair warning or some prior momentum.
  • Modified Attraction – Gwen, like a spider to scale, can stick to literally any surface so long as she desires to. Whether it’s with her hands and feet, just her feet, just her hands, or or something bizarre like her elbows and knees, she can stick to anything.

Spider Sense
Gwen, seemingly like how a spider recognizes intruders in its web, is able to recognize danger around her in an almost sixth sense. While this power is not 100% reliable it can give her a solid heads up about attacks from her opponent, usually resulting in a dodge she wouldn’t normally be able to make, as well as attacking opponents without having to look at them, making her movements in combat much more fluid. Misconception: This does not give Gwen the ability to see into the future. She can only see in the immediate area around her (about 10 feet in all directions) that she isn't currently looking and it is entirely up to Gwen to recognize and react to these stimuli.

Enhanced Cells
Apparently being bit by a spider causes you to gain a healing factor and some minorly increased durability. Who knew. Jokes aside, Gwen can heal from most nonlethal wounds relatively quickly, albeit not instantly. Major wounds like broken bones or damaged organs will still need to be replaced or healed, and her healing factor will only fix wounds that would naturally heal on their own without medical attention, or something that would require very minor attention like a concussion. Additionally, her muscles and bones are modified to withstand the 5 ton carrying weight she can now withstand, making her significantly more durable than normally. Having these two abilities together means she can go through walls and solid sheets of metal and shake it off relatively quickly, but a bullet, stab wound, or similar would deal some considerable damage.

Skills
Drummer
Decent Cook
Gifted Biochemist

Physical Weaknesses

Pain
See, pain itself is the body recognizing when it's in danger. It gives the brain context. So because her body hasn't fully adapted to her powers, it'll still recognize being struck as being in danger, even if it won't really cause serious damage. Because of this she still recoils in pain, she still actively avoids pain, and pain can be so great it can knock her out. These are just some points to consider. Neuroscience is fun, huh? Look at the big brain on Gwen.

Ethyl Chloride
A chemical most well known as a sort of spider repellant and poison. This chemical severely weakens Gwen, often dragging her to her knees coughing up blood. If administered in extremely small doses, it can weaken her spider sense without her even realizing it.

Radioactive Blood
Technically, Gwen's blood is radioactive. While this doesn't affect her normally, blood transfusions for herself or from her to others would be extremely dangerous and could result in death very easily.

Proper Combat Techniques
Gwen is fast, she’s strong, and she has absolutely no idea how to throw a proper punch. Gwen normally uses moves she’s learned from old action movies and, mostly thanks to her powers allowing her to defy the normal laws of man, she can pull them off with a shocking degree of success. She’s a good freestyle fighter, but anyone with comparable speed and strength and a better combat technique will almost always win out.

Over-Reliance
Gwen relies very heavily on her spider sense, but it can be tricked. It can go off randomly over something that isn’t a real threat, it can be bypassed entirely if Gwen doesn’t think she’s in danger, and certain chemicals have been known to dampen and even negate it entirely. This would leave her mostly helpless in a real fight.

Fast Metabolism
Gwen needs to eat an awful lot to avoid losing weight. Her spider powers cause her to burn calories disgustingly quickly.

Mental Weaknesses

Depression
Gwen is in a relatively common state for teenagers these days. She suffers from depression and suicidal thoughts relatively often, and while she really should look into help, she’s rather good at playing herself off as upbeat and happy. Although she may open up about it to very select individuals. Realistically one of the biggest dangers to Gwen is her possible decision to just...not shoot a webline.

Survivor’s Guilt
Every single person Gwen has ever failed to save takes a toll on her psyche. She wonders why she couldn’t have saved them and died herself. It wears on her heavily, causes her to lose sleep.

Anger and Annoyance
Gwen in combat is a totally different person. Spider-Woman is cocky, rude, brash, and arrogant. She is more than happy to mock her opponents in combat. Outfighting her will cause her to lash out more recklessly however. To a trained fighter, this actually makes her incredibly predictable.

Equipment
Web-Shooters
Discovered almost entirely by accident, Gwen is able to make a rather potent elastic and adhesive substance which is made predominantly from bleach and other cleaning chemicals. So it’s lemon scented! And I really don’t suggest eating it. I can’t stress that enough. She has wrist mounted web shooters that allow her to fire webbing up to 30 feet straight up and 45 feet at an angle. Indefinitely if fired straight down, obviously. This webbing is both elastic as well as powerful, allowing Gwen to swing across the city with relative ease, slingshot herself across large distances, zip across gaps, and bind enemies. That’s another key feature. Due to the elasticity of the stuff, Gwen’s webbing is insanely hard to break without some sort of blade or other cutting weapon. Most average people would find themselves unable to break the stuff, but most superhumans can rip it. Gwen’s webbing dissolves after half an hour. Each web shooter has 8 cartridges, which is usually good for about 20 lines of webbing per cartridge. Alternatively she can detonate the cartridges entirely, creating a mess of webbing to catch things like vehicles, enemies, or fix fissures and create bridges for herself and allies. The final option is to remotely detonate cartridges. By attaching a cartridge to her web shooters and firing them with a line of webbing, she can effectively create traps that will detonate and bind enemies when they get too close or when Gwen remotely detonates the cartridge. Webbing fires from these shooters at about 50 miles an hour, about half as fast as a fastball is thrown by a baseball pitcher. It can be dodged by anyone paying attention. Nets of webbing blasting out of a cartridge are launched at about the same speed, with some changes due to size and distance. On average about 45 miles per hour.

Belt
As Spider-Woman, Gwen carries a belt that holds extra cartridges of her web fluid. Usually about 20, and reloading is a bit of a pain and can't be done quickly. She'd need to hide or disengage from combat first.

Spider-Woman Costume
Gwen's costume is not exactly conventional. An old pink hoodie with the sleeves ripped off, a big black spider drawn across the front. White, store-bought spandex underneath with some black and white converse. Not exactly high tech, but it gets the job done. For a mask, she went with a white piece of fabric with crude eyes cut out and rose tinted goggles to hide her eyes from public record. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.

«««CEREBRAL PROFILE»»»

Personality
Gwen Stacy and Spider-Woman are two very separate and unique individuals. Gwen herself is quiet, she keeps to herself predominantly. This isn’t so much a result of her depression (although it’s a factor) but it’s predominantly her shyness. She doesn’t like to meet with people and just wants to coast in the background. Go to school, get good grades, get bullied for a bit, then go punch some muggers. Very simple process.

Spider-Woman on the other hand is a different person altogether. As Spider-Woman she’s brash, arrogant, and genuinely witty when she wants to be. Obviously this has something to do with the Spider-Woman mask. When she puts it on, she’s comfortable. She can say whatever she wants, she can do whatever she wants, and she’s completely free. It’s truly liberating to her.

Obnoxious J and K-Pop
Anything soft

Dislikes
Milk (Lactose Intolerant)
Mexican Food (Way too spicy)
Guns (Don’t get her started)
Nuns (Let me live my life)

Habits/Hobbies
Sleeps in late whenever possible
Buys an absurd amount of food for good reason

«««PERSONAL BACKGROUND»»»

Family Members:
Captain George Stacy (Deceased)
Madeline Stacy (MIA)

Place of Origin: Jump City

History
As a kid, Gwen was predominantly raised by her father, police captain George Stacy. He instilled in her the values that she holds today that drive her to use her powers as Spider-Woman, teaching her not just what was legal, but what was right. Her mother however, was a bit more of a card. She would frequently lash out while Gwen was within earshot, lamenting over the life she was living and the people she was "stuck" with. It actually tormented the still very young Gwen and irritated her father. Once the arguments reached a certain point, George eventually told Madeline to cut it. Either stay and stop complaining, or leave. So she left. Gwen still wonders why to this day, honestly. She wonders whether she played a major part in her mother's departure, whether she could have done something about it.

During her first year of high school, Gwen was a part of several after school groups, particularly the science team which would travel around the country to compete on a national level for scholarships, prizes for their schools, and special trips and prizes for the team. It was during one of the trips that her team had won that she was bitten by a radioactive spider in one of S.T.A.R.'s many laboratories around the country, still fully functional at the time and being used as a government facility. It was at this point that she began to exhibit bizarre spider-based powers. So she figured she may as well roll with it and learned to use these powers to the best of her ability.

Late last year, Gwen's father was gunned down in the line of duty and she was left with nowhere to go. Especially given that no one even knew where her mother is. Due to this, Gwen has made her home in an all girl orphanage smack in the middle of Jump's residential district. It was mostly this sudden change and restriction of her freedom that caused her to don the guise of Spider-Woman. The mask gave her freedom, peace of mind, and honestly beating down a mugger or two just generally felt *really* good.

«««Sample RP»»»

They always run. Especially when I'm running late.

Gwen was zipping overhead with her web-shooters, chasing down one of the 3 people who'd broken into a home on 3rd avenue. They'd split up the second they heard those thwip sounds, made a run for it. The first two were an easy catch. A few well placed webs on one, bind him to a tree. Give the next one a classic punch to the jaw before webbing him to the ground. Really it just felt good. The robber tried to make a cut through an alleyway and Gwen landed right in front of them, plopping herself onto a dumpster with a thud. "Look, I'm really not in the mood for this. I'm running late, you're running away, and this whole thing is just getting insanely inconvenient. So can we just skip to the part where I kick you in the face and call it a-" They'd already turned and started running out of the alley.

"Oh come on, I was monologuing!" She shot another webline above her to the rooftop, swinging back over their head and landing in front of them at the other end now, placing a web cartridge on the wall, just in case. That'd stop them. As she did so, the robber rushed her and tried to drag her to the ground with a takedown, which didn't even phase the teenager as she modified the electron attraction in her feet to stick to the concrete. "...Okay, can we just not and say we did?" She kicked him in the chest and pinned him down with her foot, shooting a web at the stupid sheep mask he was wearing. When she yanked it off, she stood and stared down at a kid. Younger than her, at least. And that's saying something. She adjusted the goggles on her mask and sighed. "...You made a really stupid choice, you know that?" She looked at the terrified kid on the pavement, then at the mask, then at the capsule she'd put on the wall. She shook her head. "You'd ****ing kill me." She muttered to herself, shooting a webline and pulling back her cartridge off the wall, withdrawing her foot, and pulling the kid back to his feet.

"You're a kid, so I'm letting you go. With a warning." She started walking back toward the street, the kid's mask in her hand. "The next time I see you do something like this, and I will remember your face, I won't be gentle." She fired a webline upward, sticking it to the top of the building and looking back at him. "And yeah, that was me being gentle."

Now she was back on schedule, or at least as close as she could, swinging recklessly through the streets, all the way to the outskirts. She stopped herself in the grass, landing as gracefully as she could manage. She slowly removed her goggles, and then her mask, sure to keep the hood up, and she squatted over a grave. "Hey daddy. Wouldn't believe the day I had..."

Last edited by Gwen on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh, she's done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Hey there Gwen. Glad to see you were able to get your app up. Let's get started, eh?

Spider Physiology - Alright, so the physiology powers are first to the plate here. The advantages to having this slot is that you get to pick three unrelated subpowers to put under here, where normally your subpowers have to relate to an overarching power. The drawback is that these three powers have to be subpower level. The limit for subpowers of super strength is 5 tons.

Spider Sense - We're gonna need some more clarity on how it can be fooled and it's drawbacks. I know that Spiderman's usual spider senses are pretty powerful, and wouldn't be able to work here. To be blunt, the issue is her enhanced reflexes mixed with the "future sight" that these sense provide. It makes hitting her practically impossible, if I'm not mistaken?

Enhanced Cells - Ahh, the classic combo here. Healing factors and durability. These two powers together are pretty hard to balance. Usually the only way it gets approved is if the healing factor isn't combat applicable. She heals faster, but not fast enough to make a difference in a fight. That way you still get the same theme you were going for all along, but it's not overpowered. Especially with how hard she is to hit.

Web-Shooters - This equipment is strong enough that it'd have to take a power slot as is. We'd need to tone down it's durability as well. How fast do they shoot out? Can they be dodged?

Then in a broader sense, I'd like to know a few ways in your mind that she could be beat. Not all characters can be infallible. You can PM them to me as well, I'm just not seeing how she'd lose. Her strength makes her near impossible to restrain, her senses and reflexes make her near impossible to hit, and her durability and healing make her near impossible to hurt. We gotta have some kind of a weak point here.

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:02 pm

A broad sense of who can beat her as is? Sure.

A Martial Artist
Real talk, Gwen is a decent freestyle fighter. If you have a better knowledge of techniques and comparable strength and speed to her *or* you're used to fighting people like that and have experience with her levels of agility, she wouldn't even really be able to put up much of a fight.

A Sniper
Shoot her from further away than her Spider Sense can see you. She needs a fair bit of warning to dodge a bullet and her spider sense can offer that because she can see when you're pulling the trigger and with some quick thinking can figure out where you're aiming. If she can't do any of that, she can't dodge the bullet.

Speedsters
They're broken. They break any vs argument. If she can't hit them and they can hit her, the fight isn't gonna last that long.

General Shop Guy
He has bug spray, which is one of her weaknesses. Spray some Ethyl Chloride in her face and you've actually poisoned her.

Let me know if you want some more examples, because I can break out more for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:22 pm

We're getting close here. With the durability toned down we're coming up on something that can get through. Just some clarifications. It says her body can support her five ton strength, and gives some loose examples of how durable it makes her otherwise. Sheets of metal are a little inconsistent though, because based on the type of metal and thickness of the sheet it varies. Could you give a more exact number on what force she's resistant to? Would a normal human punch hurt? If not how much force is needed?

Then you pointed out a sniper beating her spider sense. This is a good thought here, but we never established how far her spider senses go? Also, we usually tend to avoid snipers, on account of the thread being pretty short and lame. But if the range on her senses is short enough that someone could do a surprise attack from behind and have luck we may be onto something.

Then back to the web shooters. 45 MPH is pretty hard to dodge, and 25 tons of strength is unreachable on this site so without a knife they're unbreakable. If this isn't taking a power slot, it won't work. Even with the slot, the tonnage would need to be lowered to something closer to 10. Without a slot, we could say that average humans can't break out of it?

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm

I'd be happy with dropping the strength of her webbing. That's fine with me. Keep in mind they can also be burned or frozen to lose their elasticity or whatever else you'd like, but these changes are fine. Normal punches will hurt, I mean, being hit in the face hurts in general. She can just recover quickly, she still feels all that pain, and her skeleton and muscles are more durable. Her skin and brain haven't fully recognized that they won't be damaged.

See, pain itself is the body recognizing when it's in danger. It gives the brain context. So because her body hasn't fully adapted to her powers, it'll still recognize being struck as being in danger, even if it won't really cause serious damage. Because of this she still recoils in pain, she still actively avoids pain, and pain can be so great it can knock her out. These are just some points to consider.

Neuroscience is fun, huh?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm not entirely sure how much pain someone can take until they pass out if I'm being honest. I imagine it'd be a pretty significant amount. Would it be somehow hitting her continuously until she passes out? In a fight that's a little less than practical. Can we say a solid blow to the head would do it? Generally the reason people get knocked out is because the brain bouncing around in their head anyway.

Basically, I think that if she can be knocked out with a solid hit to the head by someone with decent strength we're good. Or maybe someone using a weapon or something.

Other than that, it's still unclear on the range of her spider sense.

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:29 am

Spider Sense updated, and I figured it was a given that someone with somewhat enhanced strength wielding a weapon knocking her out would be expected. So yeah, that change is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:50 am

I'm gonna call it okay and put you to your second approval. Just remember that spider sense isn't an excuse to ninjadodge everything. The ninjadodging rule does still apply. You will have to take hits every now and then. If it becomes an issue, I may PM you and reopen the app.

The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:12 am

With everything above, I think this app is good to go.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy   

Back to top Go down

Gwendolyne Maxine Stacy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1