Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» My disappearance
Today at 3:58 am by Hellbreaker

» The Arrival (Open)
Today at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 am by Gwen

Top posting users this week
Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Shadowwalker

Hellbreaker

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Silent Night

Sterling

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

Energy

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

In search of a Subform

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tython
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Bogan Genesis
Code Name: Avenger
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:20 am

Hey guy's I got a question. Wasn't there a subforum of some sort where you could practice your writing skills? I thought we did but I can not find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 am

We have a few:
Alternate Universe Stories
Fan Fiction

In the first you can do solo threads or with other people in different universes where different things happen. The second is for fiction stories of other fandoms.

Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am

Those are good sub forums I could use. I was just looking for a forum or thread where you would make a post and a mod comes to rate the skill. I'm mostly just hallucinating it or thinking of another site all together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon
Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm

You're definitely thinking of this site! That was a thing Emblem did in the preboot where you could roleplay against his characters and he could help you write better n such. I can't seem to find it either, I'm assuming it's in the archives.

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Yeah, I believe its in the archives. The person running it retired so we got rid of it.

Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Ah! Thank you for clearing this help my fair maidens. I knew I saw it, anyways sad to hear he retire it but I respect his choices. I'll do what Bloo recommend and do solo stuff in FF or AU. Lastly the reason I was looking for it was because I realized in the ECD thread that I relied on constructs way too much as it was not the fighting style I envisioned so I wanted advice on how to define the character fighting style in writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 am

A small quick tip there for me would be, before writing out what you want him to be doing think of other moves you could do, think of how he could utilize his constructs to do the less obvious of moves, could they give him the ability to fight up close better by being distractions or maybe being around him then fading as the opponent blocks a large attack but is unable to block the smaller attack in a different location from you.

if you practice thinking things out these ways you could take the most simple of powers and make a wide range of moves that most wouldn't expect and make the fight interesting and leave everyone guessing as to what cool move you may do next. It may take a bit to get this way of thinking and ideas down and going, but when you do its really helpful especially if you're in a pinch in a thread. I believe even the most simple of abilities could become super powerful if you know how to use them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tython
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:05 am

Thank you for the advice Energy, it's very thought provoking. :3 Especially on making the moves less obvious as gaunt constructs are cumbersome and feels to much like a support move. So in the ECD what I should have done was stick to ground fighting and plow through the goons with more fluid construct combos, or in layman terms stick to the blitzkrieg doctrine as Bogan is an Beserker like fighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 am

You're welcome and I would agree, for a fighting style that you seem to be going with from my understanding would definitely have flowed better with that. I would suggest in future situation liking ecd with large masses of people fighting that you may try the combo of him using ha large construct to rush though and knock down the troops, then he rushing in right afterwards to do finishing moves on as many people as he can as they get up to quickly take down a large portion of the group if not all of the group.

Based on how he fights up close you can even throw in quick combos for him on his own within this combo move where be darts around from trooper to trooper and maybe even hitting troopers into each other to re knock them down to buy more time to attack even more of the group. if he as a character perfected combos like this he could in theory be able to be that one guy in fighting games who does the same combo over and over that allows him in time to be able to take down everyone he needs to due to them being simple npcs with no powers that would allow them to block a well planned out skilled combo like this.

But yeah that's just a suggestion so you can maybe use that in the future in a post or to think of similar set ups. I hope this all helps you in the future and if you need an rp thread in the future for a cannon rp where you can practice this in similar situations like ecd just let me know and I can set one up for us so you can just go to town on npcs trying out different methods of attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Energy, you are quite marvelous at this.

Tython, apologies for discontinuing the Dojo. I loved the concept, but it wasn't a success due to multiple factors (one being me not able to - in general - spend time on here)

I would want to offer one piece of advice though, and it can be used for fights but it's what made me the acceptable roleplayer I was on E-fed forums (professional wrestling) and here. Always be descriptive.

English is not my native language so I always had an online thesaurus at hand for synonyms and the like. It's easier in E-fedding, as the setting is more general, but being descriptive helped win matches, and even more important, it makes people want to RP with you. Always describe, in as much detail as possible, what your character is doing. As you are doing it, what do you feel? What goes through your mind? And what is happening around you? As you build this up and broaden your choice of words (again, I needed that as I hardly knew any English) you are able to show others what you see. What your character feels. On a forum, you generally do not have the luxury of pictures, so you need to type everything. It would also be advisable to re-read what you have typed to see if it makes any sense.

Oh, and one thing I always rather liked...Don't presume what your opponent is about to do. If I would throw a punch at Energy, I would describe how, but not if it actually hits. While you might have an opponent who dodges most of what you do, skilled roleplayers will have their characters be hit every now and again. You will see that this leads, if both players do this, to a more engaging fight to participate in, or just read.

If you need some practice, I am sure someone would want to spar with you.

Kind Regards,

Emblem

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 pm

thank you emblem this means a lot coming from you in my book, but back on topic. Going off of what emblem said this is all very true, what should always be known is even a master at any combat style can still be hit, caught off guard, and have a challenge in a fight based on who they are fighting, if you fight an inexperience child the likely hood of this happening is very low but if you fight another skilled fighter then this should come nationally. Many people forget at times that other rp characters have similar skills to them/ skills that are at the same level this causing them to dodge too much without thinking due to forgetting that/or forgetting to check if, their opponent is at their skill level, above, or near it.

So in other words, if you keep up with checking your opponent skills or powers when the time comes to make sure that you are reacting properly based on their skills and powers that should over all increase the feel of the battle over all. Don't be afraid to have multiple tabs up for apps of others while you rp to keep tabs on (pun slightly intended) while you fight. Lord knows that the starving tabless people of the world get upset when seeing that i have 20 up at all times (sadly not and over exaggeration, just ask anyone i send screen shots too when i forget to close some first.) My last tip for this post can be used in threads in general but greatly helps in fights too. I found out this technique shortly after discovering the copy and paste button when i got my first computer nearing a year after joining (i used to use a wii to rp here... i do not recommend using one.).

Due to my reading comprehension issues I began to copy and paste others posts into the place where i would rp. I then would begin to delete their words as i wrote my reply above theirs so i knew where i was at. After 4 going on 5 years of using this method i have found that it allows you to make sure you reply to ever important thing, you can give full fleshed out thoughts and reactions to each small thing while its fresh in your head, and using this method tend to make replying to large posts with large posts far easier. When using this in fights you are able to more easily see what you need to do to react and respond in a fight easier, if you do this while reading it for the first time it keeps you also on your toes since some times you are able to/need to change or tweek your moves to better suit what happens which allows good practice at thinking of different ways to handle different situations.

If you choose to do this just a heads up, try to remember to look at your post after sending, if you forget stuff like i tend to do sometimes you forget to delete the last bit of the message so your post has like a paragraph from someone else's message, this (ask anyone who i rp with alot) can happen many times if you are forgetful like me, but is always funny as you go in an edit to delete it or have others you rp with notice it first and joke around with you about it.). Over all I will say having an epic fight relies a good amount (in my book) on both parties understanding the factor of dodging and your opponents skill level compared to yours, some times you can try your hardest to make the fight epic thought your opponent will forget this and make that hard, they also or you also may forget that every fight is usually undetermined if its a sudden one that was not fully planned out.

This means that you do not know if you will win if you and the opponent you are fighting are playing fairly and taking the hits you need to. This isn't a bad thing though (losing that is) losing a fight builds more character development over all, since a success means nothing if you always have them but means the world to someone who never has them. You can't always know who you are rping with will remember this, but if you do others who also do will likely remember this too and an epic fight will naturally happen. Also if you were initially planned to win a fight and you talked to your opponent about it and you both decided this but you start to lose just go with it, trust me my girls have lost many fights that they were decided on to win by both parties.

This though happening because both parties followed what i was pointing out here. Though despite losing the fights were epic, and i am proud to say i lost because my opponent did so by out witting me and made the fight amazing. But that's it for now, and like emblem said, there are bound to be countless people who are willing to spar with you just ask around and don't get discouraged if you get a few nos. Anyways time to end this so you don't have to keep reading my rambles and so i can actually get off my butt and be productive irl xp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tython
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Thank you Energy and Emblem for the wonderful advice, it was certainly a joy to read through all of that and had learn a few things. :3

Also energy I love the thread Idea, we should do that. Scream
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:49 pm

I have a few ideas we could go into soon enough then that I'll pm to you though die to the status of my characters the starting point of this thread will likely be after i make my new 4th character and that woul be her starter. it shouldnt take on my end longer than a few days so if you can wait that long then I'd be more than happy to make a thread like that with you. in the mean time I'll though pm you here in a bit a list of ideas, many of which would possbly turn into an ecd esc style where anyone can join due to its size and style. If you want a more private one though just lemme know via pm when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In search of a Subform   

Back to top Go down

In search of a Subform
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1