Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Vote_lcapI never sleep [Obs/Mega] Voting_barI never sleep [Obs/Mega] Vote_rcap 
Moon
I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Vote_lcapI never sleep [Obs/Mega] Voting_barI never sleep [Obs/Mega] Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

I never sleep [Obs/Mega]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Empty
PostSubject: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 pm

The Crash Alley...

Every city in the world had a place like this one. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. This is where Jump City disposed of its unwanted citizens - the criminals, the homeless, the work-less, the corrupt... The police never bothered controlling this place during the day, and especially now, when the sun was setting and when all of its shady inhabitants were about to come out of hiding to spread to the rest of the city. The alley was darker than the rest of the city, as the shadows turned longer and the sun disappeared behind the horizon. The lamps around here were not changed for years now. The only thing that kept the place at bay and in some notion of order were the heroes, the mob bosses, and the vigilantes.

However, this time was particularly quiet in the Alley. The inhabitants chose to stay in their hovels, most of them. A different kind of force kept them quiet. It was fear. Rumors spread of a slasher maniac attacking gangs and solitary dwellers alike, leaving behind hacked bodies. The people believed the rumors, and only the brave and the hot-headed dared venturing into the dark, unlit alleyways.

Because the rumors were true. To a degree.

And the "maniac" was lurking in out there. It was a different kind of maniac, however. It looked like a 17-year old girl with piercing artificial red eyes, uneasy poise and grace to her movements, and the periodic ticking coming out of her chest. It's arm was a sharp blade, tinted red. The girl's name was Sasha. The machine carried that name.

Every day, at the same time, for about a week now, her father sent her out to hunt, to exact his vengeance. And so she did. Finding people who looked like bandits and thugs, and attacking them. In the machine's eyes, she was a hero. Just like the heroes Sasha believed in. She was cleaning the streets from filth. And those who survived the encounter spread the rumors. So when the machine stumbled upon a small group of alley-dwellers, they dropped their bats and machetes, the moment they saw the glowing eyes, and the sheen of the blade.

They ran, and she followed. Not running, walking. Crushing the glass and broken syringes underfoot. They were terrified, she pursued. They ran out of the valley, like frightened poultry, one of them accidentally ramming himself into a random passing boy. Cursed underneath his breath.

"Dammit, dammit! Leggo of me, get lost! Run! Before it gets ya!" - the man panicked, as he thought the passerby was holding him as he pushed him off and scurried up to his feet, getting up and running down the lane. Fear was guiding these small-time criminals, fear, and sounds of heavy steps drawing closer, closer...
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Isiah would happen to find himself wandering aimlessly through Crash Alley. He and his brother were still new to the area so to speak and while his brother had gotten more intimate with Crash Alley, Isiah was not. Probably didn't help that he had actually been reading a manga book, causing his mind to wander and make him less aware of his surroundings. So he had no clue where he was right now. Isiah was about to call his brother when he heard the sound of running, and was met with men running in fear. One of which crashed into him. "I'm sorry! What's wrong?" Isiah asked but his voice rang on deaf ears as the man broke free and continued running. Just looking he could tell without his special sight that they were deathly afraid. But of what?

It didn't take him too long to figure it out once he heard the heavy footsteps of Sasha. And through his soul searching sight he could sense her killing intent, which he quickly presumed to be the men who had just run passed him. The only thing that kept him from running away at that point was the fact that there was something... off. Unable to sort out the details right now, all that he knew was that it felt strange looking at her. "U-uh I d-don't mean to get in your way but- You wouldn't be planning on killing those men that just ran by would you?" Isiah stammered nervously, actually doing just that by standing more in the center of the alley those men had just run out of. He hadn't even noticed it, his body just seemed to be in the wrong place when he stood back up.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:10 am

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

Click-clack. Click-clack.

Soon, a figure emerged from the darkness of the alleyway. Her silhouette was barely seen, but what was seen was a pair of bright, glowing eyes. They were red in color, always open, and never blinking. The figure moved towards the boy who stood there helplessly right in the middle of the alleyway, holding a comic book in his hands. The figure stepped into the light. The person who all those thugs were running in such fear from was...

A girl.

Or it looked that way at first glance. It had the face of a girl. But it was static, not a single muscle moved on that pale face. As the rest of her body came into view, the metallic joints and parts on her body became all too obvious. Not a girl. A machine... made to look like one. Instead of her right hand, she possessed a long, sharp blade, which was tinted red. The unblinking red eyes looked over the boy with mild curiosity, as if scanning him for any weapons or other threats that he could've represented. Sasha did this to anyone. She was trying to match him with a generic thug profile. But there was no match. It looked just like an ordinary boy. An eerie smile appeared on Sasha's face.

"Good evening. How are you?"

She spoke in an even, neutral voice, which had a slight metallic reverberation to it. A killing machine, yes, but a very polite one. This one was not classified as a threat to her, after all, just an ordinary citizen who surely would not stand in the way of her noble mission.

"I am pursuing a group of criminals. I must kill them. They went down this path. Have you seen them? Are you a criminal?"

The last question sounded somewhat naive, as if the machine expected anyone to answer it honestly. But the concept of lying was a foreign concept to her. Still, it would've been foolish to say yes. And the red glint of her blade suggested someone was foolish enough to not deny such an accusation. She looked at Isiah, right into his eyes, with her red unblinking stare, as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Isiah made a mental note of everything he could make out; a ticking sound, red eyes, and a red tinted blade that did not put him more at ease. It made him more wary when she spoke, not how but what she said. "N-no," Isiah said sincerely, not taking his eyes off her. He had no idea what those men had actually done to warrant such violence. But even they didn't deserve to be cut down so mercilessly! "B-but it's not right for you to just kill them. They should be brought to justice so they can pay for their crimes," Isiah added more boldly. Though he sounded confident, he was actually shaking. She wouldn't attack him for trying to save some lives right? Even if they were criminals as she said.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 9:42 pm

When the boy before her said that he was not a criminal, Sasha believed him. She would've believed anyone who did not look the part - the machine girl was gullible, and the concept of lying was foreign to her. She was about to leave him be and continue pursuit, but his next words made her stop. And tilt her head to the side, imitating curiosity and confusion. Perhaps not imitating, the human was confusing her.

"Why not?"

She asked earnestly. Father said that criminals had to be killed, so she went out and killed them, like a good girl. Sasha listened to father, always, he never would tell her wrong too. It was in her programming, to be a good daughter, to listen and obey. She was taught to listen to other people too, but Father's words took priority. She turned her gaze back at the boy, and said:

"Father said that I must kill criminals to prevent them from committing crimes and killing innocent people. I will do so. Father would never tell me wrong." - she concluded, but never moved past the boy just yet. He would feel the soul within the machine flare more violently, a sudden surge of killing intent appearing in it. An intent aimed towards... him.

"Why are you advocating criminals? Are you siding with them?" - the machine asked, and took a step towards Isiah.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm

She didn't just try to cut him down, that was a good thing! But she seemed like she was contemplating cutting him down, that was bad! "I am not advocating their actions. But I believe anyone can be a good person if they try hard enough, and killing them robs them of that chance entirely. Plus again, how can they make up for the wrong they've done if they're dead?" Isiah replied visibly nervous now, both saying what he believed and also switching to something that would make some logical sense. But he still took a step back when she approached, more to give him a fighting chance if she concluded to try and cut through him.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Sasha stopped.

The brief violent flare inside of her was extinguished, as the boy talked about making things right and making up for their actions. The machine was confused - she was just given an order, but was not prepared to face a debate on ethics and morals. The robot's face looked puzzled for a few moments, as she just stood there, frozen in place, like a statue. Before her eyes refocused on the boy again.

"Killing criminals will prevent them from causing harm. Killing criminals will not allow them to improve." - she reiterated, seemingly confused that the same action had an obvious positive and an obvious negative effect. And the machine was not able to determine which outcome was the better one.

"I will consult with Father on this. I will not pursue criminals at this time." - she concluded, after several moments of hesitation. The sharp blade slid back into her arm, and was soon replaced by her hand, covered in a white glove. The only remnants of her earlier carnage were drops of blood splattered over her chest. But they were barely visible on the dark fabric. Her head tilted left, and right, mildly similar to a motion pigeons made. She made another step forward, looking the boy right in the eyes, and moving uncomfortably close.

"My name is Sasha. What is your name?"

So quick and abrupt of her to switch from combat mode to civility. But Sasha did not feel these social conveniences. Nor did she know the concept of personal space.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Isiah was still anxious while she thought it over, wondering that as a machine he had accidentally caused a paradox or something. Was her head going to explode like that one episode of Futurama with Robo-Claus? He hoped not! He relaxed considerably when she announced that she wouldn't chase after them... at this time. Close enough! He would take it as a victory. Then she asked for his name, invading his personal space. Which not too surprisingly made him kind of uncomfortable for the obvious 'cute-girl' factor. "I-Isiah. Isiah," he stammered, repeating it only to make sure she didn't include the stammer. "I-is there a reason you're standing so close? Is there something on my face?" He asked, too nice to ask her to move away even if it was making him slightly uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 7:37 am

"I am pleased to meet you, Isiah."

Sasha stated, following one of the subroutines written into her. Did she really mean it? No. Yes. Maybe. From a certain perspective. With the boy managing to make her quit the assassination protocol, at least for the moment, the machine felt no need to pursue the thugs that were long gone by now. Which was why she was here, talking to the boy now. It was what Sasha would do. The machine knew a great deal about the girl she looked so much like. And tried to fit the part. Besides, he was not inclined to run away... yet. Unlike most people the machine met.

But the next question the boy posed her was not written in the sub-routine, nor in several dozens of variants of how the conversation would develop. The machine seemed confused again, as she took a step back, and stared at the boy's face with accentuated attention. She decided to treat his words as a separate inquiry instead. And earnestly scanned his face for any obstructions.

"You have two large sweat drops near your left temple, and a hair on your forehead." - Sasha stated after her thorough examination, before reaching forward with a hand. Her cold, metal fingers would touch his skin, and swipe away both the sweat drops and the stray hair, before pulling back.

"I removed them."
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Isiah blinked at her response to his question, feeling slightly more comfortable when she took a step back. Only to then wipe off a sweat drop and move a stray hair out of his face. "Thanks... so what kind of man is your father?" Isiah asked both from curiosity, and because he was unsure what his motives were for creating an android to kill criminals. She kept referring to him as Father so did that actually mean that he was her father figure or did she simply believe that? Plus he grew up not knowing his dad so why not ask anyway?
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Sasha could tell that the boy felt uneasy around her.

Most humans did. The machine was trying to replicate emotions of humans with various degrees of success. She was very adept at spotting emotions, however. The boy, Isiah, did not bother pretend or hide it behind a veil of seeming polite or cordial towards her. But it was alright. The machine was getting used to it. When he asked about father, it smiled. The smile seemed genuine. Almost genuine. Although loyalty to father was programmed into her core, the machine was fond of its creator.

"My father is very nice and kind. He dotes on me and loves me very much. He is not afraid when I am close. Unlike you. Are you scared of me?"

The question was asked with an almost naive ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 3:44 pm

SOUNDED like a decent enough guy. But then why have his "daughter" designed specifically to kill criminals? Also, why did she have a soul? Yes, that was what was strange about her. She had a soul, not a complete one but a soul all the same. Did he make that too? Or... Isiah was brought out of his imagination starting to spiral out of control when she asked him if he was scared of her. "At first- I've never spoken to an android before," Isiah replied truthfully. "B-but I feel much more comfortable now that you don't have your weapons out," he added sincerely. He looked like he wanted to ask something but wasn't sure how to put it into words, since he was still speculating.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm

"I am Sasha. I am supposed to be."

The machine reiterated as soon as the boy called her an android. She even imitated a frown, when he called her that. Her job was to imitate Sasha to the best of ability. To be her. But people did not see Sasha in her. Only an android and an automaton. She was one of course, but the fact everyone called her that reminded her that she was not succeeding in her goal.

After the boy's explanation about weapons causing him to fear her, an awkward silence followed. Sasha recorded this information and added it to her base of knowledge about humans. Weapons scared them, that she now knew. But...

"People are afraid of me even when I am not armed. That is strange, they were not afraid of Sasha." - the machine suddenly referred to itself in third person, as if it was talking about someone else. And another moment of awkward silence followed. The rules of conversation demanded her to ask a question again. So she did.

"Who is your father?"
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 pm

So her "father" made an android to look like his daughter... but the fact she still had a soul gave him more questions. The first and obvious answer was that she died, and her father brought her back as this. But then after referring to herself in the third person, now he was confused. "I never met him. He was gone before I was born, died in one of his experiments according to my brother," Isiah replied on reflex as he continued to mull his thoughts over. "But my brother told me a lot about him. He was a very intelligent man, a scientist. That's how he met mom, through work... she's also dead," Isiah continued, growing more somber for a moment at the recollection.
"A MARIONETTE WITH NO STRINGS. INTERESTING..."

Isiah was briefly uncomfortable for a moment but shook it off. "Would you like to walk with me? It's getting dark and my brother will get worried if I'm out too late. Plus it'd be nicer then hanging around here," he asked changing the subject with a smile.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 pm

"I died too, once."

Sasha stated in a matter of fact tone, not at all upset or angry, at least visibly. The motionless mask made in the form of a cute girl's face kept smiling. However, the soul inside flickered with violent intent again, upon the mention of it. The boy was looking for empathy in her, most likely, but the machine did not know that. It never felt angry or sad... Only, disappointed, sometimes. "But it is alright, my father fixed me. He can fix anything!"

When the boy offered her to walk with him, however, the machine's smile broadened. It was the first time after an interaction for someone to ask her to remain company, instead of bidding hasty farewells and fleeing in an opposite direction. Without any second thought or hesitation Sasha reached towards his hand and took it by the wrist. Her grip felt tight, almost painful. But she saw some humans holding hands before.

"I will escort you to your home. Do not worry, I will protect you from any criminal that may get in our way. Where is your home?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I never sleep [Obs/Mega]   I never sleep [Obs/Mega] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I never sleep [Obs/Mega]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Boot 3 :: Jump City :: Crash Alley-
Jump to: