Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Vote_lcapWashed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Voting_barWashed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Vote_lcapWashed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Voting_barWashed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 pm

The pair walked out of the quay area and onto a more pedestrianised cobbled street. They paused under an archway as a spray in the air threatened rain. Envy was considering the person beside him. Heroes came in all shapes and sizes. And what Simon had done was, superficially at least, heroic. Could this one zombie of responded to the Titans' summons? The Sin felt it likely and so he resolved at be as courteous as possible.

"There are many good ones. I don't mean to pry, being a stranger, but learning people is my gift, so to speak. It is my one edge in this world. If you will shed a little light upon yourself, I will give you as much back. For example, I already know your name. You may call me Aequalitas." Envy stroked his chin thoughtfully. A cyclist passed the pair without casting a backwards glance.

The demon began astutely, "You are obviously a zombie. One with their wits. Did you raise naturally or are you man-made? The first would mean you have a vendetta to solve. The latter suggests you have a master. What you did just now, interceding in a mortal affair, was impulsive. Did that bloodletter wrong you or are you a... free zombie?!"
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 3:04 pm

The man offered Simon an incentive to answer any questions that he had by saying that he would give information about himself in response. He then revealed his name to be Aequalitas. Simon nodded Aequalitas? That's quite a mouthful. I'll just call you A. He then asked Simon if he was a natural zombie or a man-made one. Simon was going to respond, but it seemed like the guy liked to talk, since he carried on despite his question being asked.

Once he was done, Simon started talking I was brought back to life by a necromancer. I was made to be his slave, but he's dead now. So yes, I am a free zombie. He then met the man in the eyes May I ask a question as well? he would wait a second, then would continue if no objection was made How did you know my name? Do you know me from when I was human?
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 am

The Sin was astounded by the answer, "Your master died? Yet you're still here. I see." Never had he heard of such a thing. He'd spent a lot of time in what used to be known as the Orient. The magicians up there liked their jiang shi and vetala. The walking corpses were little better than infernal servants, with no will of their own. That one should survive without a live master.

At the request for a question Envy nodded. His arms went behind his back formally as he answered, "I'm mildly psychic. I can't hear thoughts or move objects with my mind. But I can see facts which are true of people. Just by looking at them. When I look at you I don't see the stitches and skin. I see the seventeen year old American who excels at... tennis." There was a whole life there for him to cherry pick the facts of. Most of it was meaningless words and phrases. And the majority he would forget as soon as he looked away.

"Moving on. Why did you intercede back there? Your motive. I would adore you should you say you did it because it was right, but I will not condemn you if you reason otherwise. Everyone has their own goals to attain. I can't help but think that, were I a zombie, I would be searching for a way to become human again." It would be a hard thing to come to terms with. Walking amongst full-blooded humans when you were but a shell of that.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 pm

The man seemed to know his stuff about zombies, given his surprise. It definitely was weird, but Simon wasn't complaining. The man then went on to explain how he knew Simon's name, saying that he had psychic powers that let him see facts about people, such as Simon's love of tennis There's nothing wrong with that. Tennis is a real man's sport.

The man then went on to ask why Simon had fought the girl, saying that if he was a zombie, he'd try and become human again Well, I do want to become human eventually, but the zombie thing is a means to an end at the moment, so I'm not going to bother with that yet. As for why I got involved... I hate it when people prey on innocents, so I can't help but intervene. That's it, no other reason needed.

Simon thought for a second What about you? Why are you a hero?
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 6:55 am

It was a very commendable answer. Even if Simon's body might have degredated, there was no degredation on his soul. He truly was free. Envy finally knew where he lay.

"Me? It's silly really. Like anyone I watched the successes of the Justice League. The people they saved. And I... wanted that honour for myself." Envy then coughed and muttered something additional about there being nothing more important than helping the helpless, "These are of course the right reasons. Our sympathies are with those most in need. If the butchers clamber out of the ocean, we will put them down swiftly. However..."

Aequalitas appeared to deliberate before continuing on, "What brought you here, Simon? I came on the heels of the Titan summons. A group of superheroes no less mighty than the Justice League. This is their territory. They were looking for likely lads such as ourselves to help them. But upon analysis I'm afraid they might direct their authority and time to hindering us instead. Hear me out."

"You tried to kill that knife attacker back there. As indeed must be done. As indeed I would have done. But the Titans would not. Their sympathies are not just with the weak, they are with the strong. They believe in rehabilitation to the point of folly. They would have captured her without harming her, without punishing her. And then they would have sent her to jail with its amenities and frivolities. And there they would have taught her what she already well knew, that doing what she did was wrong. And she would have said the right words at the right time and they would have released her. Back into the waters to kill again. And if she did not know the right words - no one stays incarcerated forever. But that is not the worst part, Simon."

"The Titans, in all their boundless judgement, would have found fault with what we tried to do. They would have called us murderer. And they would see us shut away alongside the girl. Because their word here is law. They do not see the difference between honest folk such as us and pond scum."

A hand came to Envy's masked face. A pantomime imitation of woe and sadness, "Now I ask of you. Is this fair?" His voice sounded pained.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Aequalitas stated that he became a hero because he looked up to the Justice League and wanted to have that level of honour, then going on to say stuff about how the most important thing is to protect the suffering, but it didn't sound very convincing. He did mention looking up to the Justice League, so maybe he's just trying to cover up the fact that he's just doing it for the glory.

He then went on to talk about how he came here on the summons of the Teen Titans, but explained that they would very likely be rejected because of their lack of willingness to kill in comparison to Simon and Aequalitas' willingness. He even said that the titans would think of them as criminals. He ended his rant by asking if this was fair, obviously pained from the sound of his voice.

Simon nodded It definitely isn't fair, and I'm sorry to hear that it pains you so much. I don't have any words of comfort though. Frankly, I don't care. If they want to enforce their version of justice, then I'll let them do that and won't get in their way. I'll just do things my way He spoke harshly, he had chosen to be brutally honest.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 6:29 pm

The hand remained where it was for a heartbeat too long. The kid hadn't taken to the usual patter. He was not easily swayed by the romance of shared ideals. There was an inherent distrust- no, an understandable wariness there. Simon was a zombie. Envy would bet any money that he was a loner. The hand pulled back from the mask.

"You're missing my point. You're already in their way. This is a problem which cannot fail to affect you whether you're invested or indifferent. Because you react instinctually to injustice. You've said so yourself. In coming to the defence of these people you have committed crimes against the laws of the Titans. You've taken justice into your own hands. And they will persecute you for it." It was a body of tried and tested apprehenders against an ostracised outsider. A tale as old as time. Simon may not want anybody's trouble, but Envy was keen for him to see that trouble didn't ask permission.

"All I want is to assist you when that time comes. Because it will come for us all. Myself included." Yet a loner did not rely on others simply because the way ahead was hard. Envy knew this much. He knew he needed to appeal in another way. He needed to tap into the kid's deep-seated heroism, "Compared to these big heroes these... these titans I am a very small man indeed. I have no one else to turn to. I'm asking for your help."

Aequalitas half extended an open palm to the zombie, but pulled it away with a backwards glance, as if he expected to be spurned.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Aequalitas didn't seem to accept Simon's answer, claiming that even if Simon wanted nothing to do with them, they would get involved and they would punish him as a criminal. He then went on to add that he wished to be able to aid Simon in the event of this occurrence, as well as being aided in return. He then finished everything off by holding out his hand and asking for help. Simon hadn't really thought about any of this stuff, but Aequalitas was clearly terrified of it. Simon took his hand and shook it What kind of help are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Envy had beneath his mask one of his rare smiles. This was looking hopeful, the zombie was not immune to reason. Yet as quickly as it came, the happiness was lost. The task ahead was still an arduous one. Simon's next question was very much in Envy's wheel-house. He was an expert on challenging authority without violence, "Reactionary. We have neither the might nor the right to challenge other heroes in combat. Let us not come to blows." You didn't start a revolution by promising bloodshed and horrors. Initially every change has the prospect of coming about peacefully.

"I intend to change their thinking. By pressing my services on them. Trusting in debate and good sense to transform them over time. Yet should one of us be taken prisoner, or another who shares our ideals, perhaps we could lend each other aid. There are many ways this could come about. Character or witness statements, financial loans, lawful protest, and in the worst cases of injustice - liberation of our jailed cohorts." Aequalitas looked Simon in the eye to ensure he knew what that meant. Jailbreak may have sounded an extreme step, but it was still on the low end of escalation. He wasn't asking the zombie to challenge authority head on, just circumvent it if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Aequalitas said that the two of them couldn't fight the heroes directly, which was fine, Simon didn't really want to fight any heroes anyway. He went on to say that his desire was to change the way they think over time so that they might act differently in regards to those kinds of things. But he also added that if someone like them were ever in trouble they should help each other, in ways up to and including breaking them out of prison.

Simon frowned slightly in thought That was good and all, but jail breaks didn't sound very heroic. But I guess it depends on the situation he sighed Alright, I'll help you out. But I'm not doing anything I don't want to, understand me?
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 am

Aequalitas gave a brief chuckle at the clarification. A Sin he may be, but he could never get anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. If that was the zombie's concern then he had nothing to worry about, "Simon, if I have not yet come across to you as a man of grace and understanding, then I see I will have earn that trust. We have an accord." On the other hand, getting men to act on what they thought was right was child's play.

"If you'll bare with me." Envy took out a mobile phone from his pocket and began to fiddle with the controls. At length he turned this device over to the zombie, "I'll get another and text you its number. It's no 'communicator' but I dare say it will suffice. We must stay networked to protect our rights." Aequalitas already had another burner phone stashed away. But he didn't want to come across as over eager.

The threat of rain had passed and the day was brightening again. Envy braced himself against the corner of the archway and suddenly launched himself up to the top of the masonry with quick footwork. He paused on top and looked back down on Simon, "I'm sure we'll meet again. The city will have need of us before we have need of each other. Persevere friend, persevere!"
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Aequalitas didn't seem to take Simon's concern seriously, but agreed to it anyway. He then took out a phone and asked him to wait. Simon waited patiently, starting to hum before he was handed the phone, told that Aequalitas would use it to communicate with him. Simon nodded starting to speak as Aequalitas braced himself against the wall Alright mate. Well, I'll see you la- Aequalitas then jumped into the air to get to the top of the masonry ...alright then. Goodbye!

Once his new friend was gone, Simon would walk off Nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]   Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washed up and out of place (Open) [IG]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Boot 3 :: Jump City :: Docks-
Jump to: