Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Heros Of Tomorrow: M1: Late Night Bite [HOT/Open]
Today at 10:21 am by Energy

» Devastation (Ace/Open)
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by Energy

» Updates To The Site [Please Read}
Yesterday at 10:41 am by Energy

» Kaden Bakugou
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm by Energy

» Brute[Ready]
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 pm by Megabot

» Inactive Characters (Please Read)
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am by Energy

» Learning With Friends (Open)
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am by Energy

» Unknown
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:15 am by Energy

» Temporary Single Approvals [Please Read]
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 am by Energy

Top posting users this week
Energy

Noble

Bloo

Megabot

Shadowwalker

Kip

Top posting users this month
Energy

Dar

Tython

Megabot

Shadowwalker

Noble

Bloo

God King Ferg

Hellbreaker

Kip

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

Emmz, Hellbreaker, Rin, Tython

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Sterling

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

How does Summoning work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kahliir

PostSubject: How does Summoning work?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:16 am

Whether it be from technological capsules or magic how does summoning work on here? Is it akin to the Magic System where the summons act as spells and the summon creature can only do minor damage or something else? To put into perspective I am thinking of an Intergalactic Collector of powerful beasts around the galaxy. With high intellect (first power will revolve around this) he uses his captured beasts to do the fighting for him. So would this involve the magic system in some way for summoning beasts of power?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: How does Summoning work?   Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello, Kahliir. Welcome to Teen Titans Legacy. I'm truly interested in seeing how you write this power, as summoning isn't something that has been done here often.

Judging by your avatar I'm going on the assumption that you want something akin to a Pokemon trainer. And if memory serves, they usually have six Pokemon they can use in battles. That wouldn't the case here.

As mentioned in our rules (If you haven't read them already, please take a minute to do so. It might take a few minutes but it's well worth the wait), there is a three-power system and a magic system. Going strictly off of powers, you get three with two sub-powers each, and you get three magic spells for every power that you forgo (plus a tenth if you forgo all three).

Taking this into consideration, you can create a summoner character two different ways.

Using the power system you could have three different creatures with moderate capabilities, and even use them all at once in a thread. Perhaps you could have an exchange system in place with more than three creatures but I would suggest that you just make three for now and see how the site fits your comfort zone.

Using the magic system, you could have as many as ten different creatures and possibly use them all at once, but they would have to be significantly weaker (as spells are essentially sub-powers).

In closing, whichever way you go is up to you, and we look forward to seeing how your character is represented. You might note a fair usage of the word "probably" here, for you must understand, these are only guidelines towards making your character, and the approval process may differ depending on the details you write into it.

I hope I've helped, and again, welcome to our site! You can always ask me or any of our lovely moderators for assistance.

View user profile

How does Summoning work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1