Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Enter the Games
Today at 5:35 am by Nano Donna

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Today at 3:38 am by Shadowwalker

» My disappearance
Yesterday at 3:58 am by Hellbreaker

» The Arrival (Open)
Yesterday at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

Top posting users this week
Shadowwalker

Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Hellbreaker

Nano Donna

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Nano Donna

Silent Night

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Your Complaints (Please Participate)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:15 am

Greetings everyone. It has been brought to our attention that some of you have been having some issues with roleplaying or the site in general. Complaints like this have been about lack of muse due to the current arc, roleplaying decline, etc. Before taking any major action we would like to see a list of these complaints/issues so that we can properly assess what the problem is and come up with a proper solution to fix these issues for you. We care about your issues and your willingness to rp on the site. So please state your concerns but we ask that you keep it professional and orderly. Thank you very much.

NOTE: We are at current time not considering rebooting the site, the last reboot had enough issues brought along with it. This is just an assessment of your complaints.

View user profile
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Cynthia Lachrome
Code Name: Kitsune/Discourse
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:17 am

My muse has vanished completely with the site, I still rp on skype with friends, so I've not gone off rping entirely, and I've even been thinking of rping on the other site (you know which one Kyte), to me the site has gone stale and needs a reboot (I know you've stated no reboot, just giving my opinion).

I can't bring myself to make a thread, not even with Nina, when I look at the site I see a blank slate with nothing I can really sink my teeth into, I tried to get involved in the whole HIVE takeover, but ultimately I ended up not giving a flying fish about it, not criticising the plot, people have been waiting ages for HIVE to get their butts into gear and take over the city, it's just the site in general has become as stale as a week old baguette.

If not a reboot then something with a little zest and excitement, something everyone can get involved with and not just groups within the city (HIVE/Titans).

Nina Vulpes #9966ff

Beatrise Utonium #9966cc

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:14 am

I'm trying to get motivated so I can get this arc done, but my character is is out of place at the moment..
I tried to get a B-Team rallying thread going, but that's sorta flopping, besides, I have this feeling like somehow the only ones actually going to reverse it are the Titans that are left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:08 am

Honestly I just hated how this site felt so much like a highschool clique. If you weren't a member of the titans, chances were that you weren't really going to be participating in a site plot most times. It made me feel pretty much irrelevant to the site as a whole. Now while I still rp in otherworld, it really does a number on my muse knowing that really no matter what I try its not really gonna be anything or amount to anything impactful unless I have my character sign their name on an arbitrary dotted line. Especially when their admission is decided entirely by someone else. I guess my problem is that there aren't many ways for someone (a character) to actually matter on this site without becoming a titan.

This may be why I supported the new teams that showed up, such as B-Team and T.A.L.O.N mostly because they were another option to become relevant on the site but.... we can see how that went. I mean HIVE exists but for the longest time it felt like if you made a villain and tried to do a open thread of generic evil 12 heroes would roll up and make you wish you'd drop the soap in prison. Seriously, trying to be a successful villain is like shooting a fish in a barrel with a water pistol.

So in summary, my problem was that it just felt overall very hard to actually do something that matters while not being a Titan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:35 am

Ferg, you bring up an excellent point that's been an issue for a while now. The solution in the past was "Make your own team" or "limit the number of people who can join your threads" but that honestly feels like slapping a band-aid over a fault line. In a site that revolves around the Titans it's really hard to make sure the spotlight shines on everyone. Which honestly isn't fair. However it's an issue we've struggled with since I joined. When I was first around, the site Titans had all vanished for irl reasons, so I reforged a new team. However if I hadn't someone else would have. Even though I helped with that team, I was neither the leader nor the only person wanting to remake the Titans. Someone will always step in to fill that void. However I don't think that the Titans should have every inch of the spotlight.

With the current arc it was honestly frustrating that nobody except the Titans were allowed to defend the city when logically so many of our chars would have. I know and understand that the bad guys were supposed to win, I know that the end was scripted - that nothing could have been done to prevent it. I have no issue with that. But the fact that nobody else was allowed to join or do anything felt like a slap in the face. I really don't think any site wide arc plot should ever be marked "Titans only" unless it's literally taking place in the tower or there's an equally viable reason that nobody else could help. A massive battle was fought in the city, and everyone not lucky enough to be a Titan had to either do nothing or "headcannon" that their char helped but never appeared in the thread. This arc has killed a lot of people's muse. What it's fueled honestly hasn't been worth the sacrifice. However a reboot would throw a lot out of whack as well. I think we need to learn from our mistakes and brainstorm ways to get the solo people and those who aren't Titans or HIVE a bit more of a spotlight. This arc, at least in theory, is getting worked through. With any luck, once we've moved past it the muse issue should be more or less solved.

Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:54 am

Silent Night wrote:
Ferg, you bring up an excellent point that's been an issue for a while now. The solution in the past was "Make your own team" or "limit the number of people who can join your threads" but that honestly feels like slapping a band-aid over a fault line. In a site that revolves around the Titans it's really hard to make sure the spotlight shines on everyone. Which honestly isn't fair. However it's an issue we've struggled with since I joined. When I was first around, the site Titans had all vanished for irl reasons, so I reforged a new team. However if I hadn't someone else would have. Even though I helped with that team, I was neither the leader nor the only person wanting to remake the Titans. Someone will always step in to fill that void. However I don't think that the Titans should have every inch of the spotlight.

With the current arc it was honestly frustrating that nobody except the Titans were allowed to defend the city when logically so many of our chars would have. I know and understand that the bad guys were supposed to win, I know that the end was scripted - that nothing could have been done to prevent it. I have no issue with that. But the fact that nobody else was allowed to join or do anything felt like a slap in the face. I really don't think any site wide arc plot should ever be marked "Titans only" unless it's literally taking place in the tower or there's an equally viable reason that nobody else could help. A massive battle was fought in the city, and everyone not lucky enough to be a Titan had to either do nothing or "headcannon" that their char helped but never appeared in the thread. This arc has killed a lot of people's muse. What it's fueled honestly hasn't been worth the sacrifice. However a reboot would throw a lot out of whack as well. I think we need to learn from our mistakes and brainstorm ways to get the solo people and those who aren't Titans or HIVE a bit more of a spotlight. This arc, at least in theory, is getting worked through. With any luck, once we've moved past it the muse issue should be more or less solved.

I agree with this a lot. I've roleplayed on a lot of sites before this, and the one big thing I see here that I didn't see much anywhere else was the exclusions. Every thread has different limitations on it whether it's solo or one person or two people... I get the desire, since sometimes I like to have threads for just me and someone specific but I think we need to lower the amount of times it happens.

The go to rule on other sites I've been on has been "If there's a logical way and reason for your character to be there, you can join any thread." then we just had enough respect not to thread bomb people that labeled their threads.

Maybe we should add in a rule like that? That way if you can come up with a good reason for your character to be in a thread, and you really want them there... nobody can really tell you no? (Keep in mind I trust you all to be respectful here. Like I said, the Hero to Villain ratios in threads should be about even... not threadbombing people that have labels on their threads and are just doing story building...)

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:13 am

I remember in the past when I roleplayed here as "TTTony" and "Kip" and how the site seemed to be thriving with new members each day, and healthy threads always ascending in the "Latest topics" box. There was so much to do, so much support, and so much inspiration on the site because there were so many people who wanted to roleplay here, and wanted to have fun. Over the course from then to now, I understand that there's been a lot that occurred on this site, and I apologize for my absence. In my opinion, there aren't that many of us left, like if you pay attention to the "Latest topics" box, you'll see a lot of the same names. Like, Energy, Panda, Bloo, Archer, and Silent Night. I don't see much more than that, if any. I think a lot of members' muses have died, which is why they aren't really trying hard enough to fully be here and have fun. I don't recommend a reboot, because that will most likely spawn new issues, but I think there needs to be some sort of change.

Because if I'm being perfectly honest, this site seems a lot more empty now. What happened, guys? You all are my family and I love you, and I remember when this site was one of the best things in my entire life. I want it to return to that, you feel?
Back to top Go down
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm

I agree with much of what has been said here. The current arc more or less killed my muse with Daniel, who I had been trying to get rolling and set up to maybe join the titans at some point. But then when the invasion came up and he was excluded, I had no idea what to do from there.

I also agree that a reboot could create more issues but no place is perfect. A reboot would at the very least allow everyone to have a clean slate in order to make more of an impact, aswell as change or add rules to help with any out-of-story issues with the site.

I'm also just going to mention here that I think the character limitations are still a tad strict. I've been here how long and I still only have two character slots? But also because of what seems to be happening with everyone here losing their muse, some have seen making a new character as an alternative solution. They may end up making spur of the moment characters just to try and get anything going rp-side and this will create some more headaches- probably. Atleast because of the character limitations.

But whatever happens is fine with me right now. Reboot or not.

2/19/17[10:10:25]Mega: You Bloo it there [10:10:46]@ Bloo: Shut up
My Characters
Weaver: cornflowerblue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 pm

I agree with the bag of bones about the character limit. been here for what? 3 going on 4 years and im stuck with 2 and a half slot. I know the common response is 'write an arc and you get a slot.' but that is such a bad way to earn another character slot. Mostly due to the fact that many things can happen making it so you never finish an arc and kills your muse. Heck this is what happened when I had one character try and make a team, the thread got stalled waiting for somebody and i lost my muse for the entire thing and that arc/team ended up in the dumpster.

I know the restriction was put in place for the mods not to be overwhelmed by apps but could the character limit restrictions be changed at least for the third slot. Rather than be on 'how much you write in this certain format that we can choose whether or not to accept as a arc' can it be just simply, how long you been on the site and how long ago was your last character made? Now I'm not saying people should have to wait a year for a character slot but god its discouraging when i have to choose to retire a character i love so i can try a new one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Just popping in to inform you guys but apparently (i just learned this not too long ago) when you hit 1,000 posts you get a cannon character slot. Though this slot also can be used for normal characters. (Aka this is that 3rd non arc required character slot you talked about blade.) So if you get that and the character slot from the arc plot you now have 4 character slots a b/b hive team slot and technically a supporting character (If the rules on them have not been altered, please correct me if they were.) where you can have one for each character. That meaning you have 10 technical character slots.

If you have the muse to just make another character but don't care if others rp them then you can even make a rogue. (Its like a supporting character but it is a villain that can be played by anyone.) This means you now also have an unlimited amount of villains that you can make. As you can see if you get everything you can and still rp out things right and follow the rules for the supporting and rogue characters, there are a lot of characters you can have which is why we have the limit where its at. I just wanted to point out that amount of characters you can potentially/technically get since based on blades post some of you my not know of all you can get character wise since he didn't know of the 1,000 posts character slot. Alright that's all popping out now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Complaints (Please Participate)   

Back to top Go down

Your Complaints (Please Participate)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1