Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Arrival (Open)
Today at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 am by Gwen

» Who has time?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm by Dar

Top posting users this week
Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Shadowwalker

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Silent Night

Sterling

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 2 Bots

Divvie, Hellbreaker, Shadowwalker

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

The Pantheons and the Vanishing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 am

Firstly I want start up with a warm greetings to all and hope you guys/gals are enjoying summer. Now onto the question, as I was lallygagging around the forums reading up on rules and what not I came across the plot line, The Vanishing. In which even the gods vanish. Now from my understanding on theology in the DC universe they were born from a god wave a few billion years ago, this statement will be relevant later. So as I plan to have my characters revolve around gods [Similar to Shazam] I am curiose on what truly happen to them. Could I make it a arc where my character attempts to find his missing gods?
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:09 am

Hi! I hope you have a wonderful stay here.

So the angle with the vanishing is that all the old DC guys just vanished. Without a trace. You're more than welcome to have an arc around trying to find out what happened to them, but we usually try to avoid that because no matter what you're gonna come up with absolutely nothing.

As far as anyone knows, or will know, they just disappeared.

Hope this helps! If you need any tips on how to build a character, feel free to ask anyone, or PM me!

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 am

That's understandable ,as Greek/Romam gods played a big role in many forms of media. So it's the old DC characters correct? What will that leave for other pantheons as they are pretty much non existent in DC universe?

Also I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm making my B-Teamer character. I've still yet to fully understand the system.
Back to top Go down
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Your character is welcome to have ties to other Gods as well. You can even use them as NPCs for story purposes if you'd like. The only thing you would not be allowed to do is have a God give you powers that aren't on your app, or swoop in and help you win/escape from a fight.

Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello! I'm another mod on TTRPG and I'd thought I'd swoop in and drop my two cents.
Not only does the Vanishing take away old canons, it also took away pre boot characters that people didn't want (this site is in it's third reboot I believe), and it takes away characters who's members suddenly leave the site or go inactive. Basically the Vanishing is a handy dandy clean up plan for roleplayers so they don't have to come up with BS excuses to explain why characters disappear.

On top of that, the Vanishing can explain sudden reappearances. We are allowed to have canon characters again (but you have to jump through many hoops to do so), so if you pick up a canon character that had been gone since the vanishing the only explanation that allows them back is that they just appeared again. There is no answer to the Vanishing, so if you'd like to make an arc about it you could, your character just wouldn't get too far.
ALSOOO Beamers! (B-teamers). They are hella weak students that are limited to one power/one sub power (not both), they are meant more to develop their character rather than anything else. Of course you can upgrade their powers through threads, but not by much. With that being said if you planned on having a God blessing a Beamer, it wouldn't work since they are supposed to be as mundane as possible. You could make a full character doing this, however.

This link explains all things with Beamers:
http://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t5143-the-b-team

Is there anything else we could help you with?

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Bloo wrote:
Your character is welcome to have ties to other Gods as well. You can even use them as NPCs for story purposes if you'd like. The only thing you would not be allowed to do is have a God give you powers that aren't on your app, or swoop in and help you win/escape from a fight.

Oh that is understandable, beside I was not planning on giving him that extreme of an connection. It's more like the connection between Demigods and their parents in the Percy Jackson universe or in Darkseid War - Shazam 01 the gods talk in Shazam head, Although it won't be as frequent as the latter, rather they would talk in his mind or give him visions. Not the Deus ex machina kind of vision, besides you don't see Athena helping out Wonder Women all that often.

Moon wrote:
Hello! I'm another mod on TTRPG and I'd thought I'd swoop in and drop my two cents.
Not only does the Vanishing take away old canons, it also took away pre boot characters that people didn't want (this site is in it's third reboot I believe), and it takes away characters who's members suddenly leave the site or go inactive. Basically the Vanishing is a handy dandy clean up plan for roleplayers so they don't have to come up with BS excuses to explain why characters disappear.

On top of that, the Vanishing can explain sudden reappearances. We are allowed to have canon characters again (but you have to jump through many hoops to do so), so if you pick up a canon character that had been gone since the vanishing the only explanation that allows them back is that they just appeared again. There is no answer to the Vanishing, so if you'd like to make an arc about it you could, your character just wouldn't get too far.
ALSOOO Beamers! (B-teamers). They are hella weak students that are limited to one power/one sub power (not both), they are meant more to develop their character rather than anything else. Of course you can upgrade their powers through threads, but not by much. With that being said if you planned on having a God blessing a Beamer, it wouldn't work since they are supposed to be as mundane as possible. You could make a full character doing this, however.

This link explains all things with Beamers:
http://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t5143-the-b-team

Is there anything else we could help you with?

Hello Moon, nice to meet you!

Thank you for telling me more about the Vanishing, I understand more than I did before. Also I am aware that B-Teamers are meant to be weak and was not planning on giving any powers or blessing, as I want to make him earn it. As shown here...

Comic Page in Shazam:

Having my character work for the God's favor is much more rewarding than loading him with godly powers. Beside the God's are not freeloaders, (Except for Trickters or Malicous Gods).

Hmm I do have a question on when the Vanishing occur as I would like to fit that in my character History.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:30 am

That's all good then! The vanishing occurred in 2013, so three years ago. I hope this helps, any more questions?

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:36 am

You have been very helpful so far Moon! (You too Bloo)
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:40 am

Wow. Vanishing was 3 years ago? My how time flies.

Now feel free to correct me on this. I know we didn't settle on Egyptians as the new official pantheon or anything, but I think we agreed the Egyptian Pantheon is at least a thing. So I believe we agreed that in the absence of the Roman/Greek gods of DC canon, other pantheons could begin to make themselves known, opening up a whole slew of possibilities.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:18 am

Hotwire wrote:
Wow. Vanishing was 3 years ago? My how time flies.

Now feel free to correct me on this. I know we didn't settle on Egyptians as the new official pantheon or anything, but I think we agreed the Egyptian Pantheon is at least a thing. So I believe we agreed that in the absence of the Roman/Greek gods of DC canon, other pantheons could begin to make themselves known, opening up a whole slew of possibilities.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Egyptian? Interesting, although this brings up a question as I am making my character. Did you guys do anything with the Egyptian God of Earth, Geb?
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:36 am

No, though we did play around with Set, and I know another member had plans for something pertaining to Anubis.

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:18 am

Ah okay that's good to hear. As Geb would be one of the few god's that are friends with my character,
Back to top Go down
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:20 am

Sounds like an exciting character. I'm stoked to see the app!

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:05 am

Aw thanks, I doubt it'll be that good of a app.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pantheons and the Vanishing   

Back to top Go down

The Pantheons and the Vanishing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1