Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Weaver
Today at 4:12 am by Bloo

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Yesterday at 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by Bloo

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 11:36 am by Energy

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Yesterday at 5:08 am by Gwen

» Who has time?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm by Dar

» Heroes Of Today
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 am by Energy

» The Arrival (Open)
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 am by Energy

Top posting users this week
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Bloo

Fox

Noble

Tython

Silent Night

Gwen

Top posting users this month
Dar

Megabot

Energy

Fox

Tython

Pikazard

Bloo

Sterling

Nano Donna

Noble

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Magic question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Magic question   Sat May 07, 2016 7:24 am

Could magic be used to alter the body and let them transform into a beast/animal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sat May 07, 2016 8:36 am

That would be a power. If you're looking for spells, the reason you can have more is because they are less versital. A spell would be like... shooting one small fireball in a straight line. A power would be the ability to summon and manipulate fire. Anything that has a lasting effect or does more than one thing would be a power.

I hope that makes sense? If not I can try to elaborate.

Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sat May 07, 2016 2:29 pm

IMO Bloo this is totally possible with Magic. I mean, Druids from DnD can shapeshift. Why? Because Magic!

The spell would obviously be limited to one form though. And I'd like to point out the "buffs" commonly seen as magic in vidya games like Final Fantasy.

2/19/17[10:10:25]Mega: You Bloo it there [10:10:46]@ Bloo: Shut up
My Characters
Weaver: cornflowerblue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Then again, you're talking about magic as it works in DnD and Final Fantasy. It's important to remember that just because magic works another way in something else, it doesn't mean that's the way it works here.

EDIT: I once had a character with magic spells. Here's how that worked out.

Jamben wrote:
Airwalk- Jamben may alter the gravity around himself slightly to run on walls, or even across air.
Force- Jamben may create slight pushes and pulls. While this can be used to push an opponent away, this can also help him carry objects with little to no effort. He can use this in conjunction with Airwalk to help only allies come with him. (Basically the player must be alright with it to levitate them)
Channel Lightning- A novice spell, really, Jamben may create a stroke of lightning. Opponents too near to the target may suffer electrocution as well.
Coldsnap- A bit more complicated than Channel Lightning, Jamben makes the air a lot less frictional, causing it to be much more cold and rigid, and then makes ice particles from the water particles in the air to form ice.
Precision- An expert level spell, Jamben makes the air around the edge of his blade vibrate a bit, making him able to cut a lot more than the blade without assistance would. The blade at this point even cuts the air itself.
Fireball- A novice spell, a ball of dangerous flames hot enough to melt iron. This can be from the size of a baseball to a six foot wide inferno.
Dredge Skeleton- An expert spell frowned upon by most, this makes a skeleton that is constantly mending itself.
Wall of Frost- Jamben creates a giant wall of ice as a diversion, hard to go through and hard to go around.
Geas- This spell works directly in conjunction with Jamben's Magic games. This creates a sphere around Jamben and his selected targets (The targets must to have agreed to a game with him) that spans a few hundred feet. This sphere is used to make illusions of the creatures and spells within the game. This sphere may widen to accommodate the size of the creatures within the game. This sphere comes with a few other perks, as well. It's unbreakable by any means, even other magic spells. It cannot be destroyed unless Jamben lets it down. Even if other people are within the sphere from the point of casting, or even if it expands to encompass other people, they are still not inside the sphere, but cannot be reached from inside of it. The creatures and spells are just illusions, so no physical or magical harm can come from them. Jamben can only use this geas if he and his target(s) are going to play Magic. Jamben can only use this geas if he will be inside it. The geas has no affect on the physical environment.
Nicol Bolas- Jamben summons a powerful magic creature by focusing all of the magic energy he has expended in the fight. Nicol Bolas is a dragon, and has access to fire, darkness, and water based spells. Jamben must have expended extreme amounts of magical energy in order to do this, and it would be a last ditch effort.

It should also be noted Jamben was from the time that powers like these were more approvable.

View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sat May 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Shazam. Your argument is invalid.

I mean I see no problem with someone using spells to turn into a bear, a bird, or whatever tbh

My Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sun May 08, 2016 12:37 am

Smh. They aren't talking about whether something is a literal, single spell. They're talking about apps and whether it counts as a spell for an app. There's an obvious difference drawn and made since you can have many more spells than powers.

"Wanna Bet?"-Pride A.K.A The Seventh Sin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Sun May 08, 2016 1:14 am

Thanks Muse. Glad to see there's still a voice of reason around.

If you ask me, yes, a spell can change the shape of your body into another, but if you're using a spell slot for it then it is only for a few minutes.

EDIT: Also, I feel the need to remind you, Mega, that just because it exists in the DC Universe, doesn't mean it will exist here. See any Lanterns around?

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 am

I agree with Archer, MANY DC characters was designed to be powerful and many of them have more that '3 main powers' making them unplayable in the forums, same goes to the teen titans. From what I understand regarding the rules it is aimed at heros who are just starting there journey into the world. Which is why they have 3 main powers, because they are no where the same level as other DC characters.
Back to top Go down
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Archer wrote:
Also, I feel the need to remind you, Mega, that just because it exists in the DC Universe, doesn't mean it will exist here. See any Lanterns around?

No. But as I recall you made a Kryptonian at one time, thus establishing that Kryptonians exist. I see no logical reason that a Lantern can't exist under the same premise as your Kryptonian.

Back onto the related topic: so basically what this boils down to is that staff can nitpick what is/isn't magic based on their whimsy, even if it can be argued that it could count as a spell/magic.

Example: Telekinesis/Levitation. A spellcaster casts a spell to magically move a car that is blocking the doorway to a burning building.

Another Example: Flight. Nuff said.

I'm basically saying that for every superpower/ability there is/has been a spell that atleast mimics their effects, albeit temporarily in some cases. I'm just saying that if you insist on splitting hairs on what counts as magic/spells, not everyone is going to be happy with "because that's how it works here." :3

My Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm going to post quickly so Izzy and Hotwire don't feel the need to violently murder you over calling my creation a Kryptonian. Seriously man, that night forever changed them when my "Kryptonian" was a Kryptonian.

Jokes aside, my Kryptonian is largely bastardized because of the fact that we can't have a normal Kryptonian here unless we start handing out Kryptonite on the street corners of Jump. And even then it wouldn't be approved. He's a Kryptonian by race alone. Superman and even Superboy would laugh if Tom called himself a Kryptonian in front of him. NOT TO MENTION I had to fight staff REALLY HARD on making him. Nice try though.

No, Mega. And seriously, if you ever try putting words in my mouth that I didn't say in the first place again, I will make your remaining time here hell. I'm sick of you blowing these things out of proportion for whatever reason it is that you're starting to fight me recently.

We don't nitpick what is magic and what isn't. If you say it's magic, congratulations, it's magic. But magic and spells are like squares and rectangles, at least as far as the site is concerned. You use magic to cast spells, but you don't have to have spells to use magic. Like you said, a spellcaster can cast a spell to float or fly, while others can do it naturally with wings or something else.

But because of the complexity and diversity of which magic spells accompany, you can have three in exchange for losing a power. If you devote all your power to spellcasting, you get ten with no powers. So fireballs, ice torrents, chain lightning, floating, or transforming into a low-powered creature for a limited time.

Anyways. I hope this clears up things on your end, Tachi.

View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Tue May 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Off Topic
Spoiler:

On topic
So Bloo says something that would change your form is a power, Kyte says you can use a spell to transform into a bear... for a few minutes.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon
Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Seeing how Kyte is handling this unprofessionally and threatening members of the site I'm going to close the thread. I hope there are no hurt feelings among any of you, Tachi if you have any further questions please pm me.

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   Wed May 11, 2016 7:47 pm

I was not threatening you. Perhaps I was misunderstood. Perhaps, even, I was in a position to be misunderstood. But you sit here all day in these debates and blow things out to bombastic proportions and needless to say, it irks me. You want to sit here, sarcastically insult members of the staff for simply answering people's questions, and then try to talk to me about professionalism? No. You can't have both sides of that cake.

You can't come into a topic unprofessionally, continue that topic unprofessionally, and then try to jab at me for being unprofessional. You start these debates while displaying proudly "I'm going on a rant" or "I asked that question with attitude".

Arguing with us over and over again isn't an example of your love for this place. It's an example of you putting your opinion on a pedestal and then demanding we pay tribute to it. It doesn't help anyone other than you and a few people who might agree with you, and it only helps your ego, at that.

I'm not perfect. I'll never claim to be. And I can be the better guy that apologizes for making you feel threatened. But the fact of the matter is that you're putting your opinions on a pedestal that we can't quite reach, and then trying to berate us for it. And when you start mocking me and my staff and treating us like we don't know what we're doing?

Yeah. I can get a little unprofessional.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic question   

Back to top Go down

Magic question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1