Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mission Passout
Today at 8:58 am by Shadowwalker

» Heros Of Tomorrow: M1: Late Night Bite [HOT/Open]
Today at 1:53 am by Shadowwalker

» Devastation (Ace/Open)
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 pm by Energy

» Updates To The Site [Please Read}
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 am by Energy

» Kaden Bakugou
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm by Energy

» Brute[Ready]
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 pm by Megabot

» Inactive Characters (Please Read)
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 am by Energy

» Learning With Friends (Open)
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am by Energy

» Unknown
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:15 am by Energy

Top posting users this week
Energy

Shadowwalker

Noble

Bloo

Megabot

Kip

Dar

Top posting users this month
Energy

Dar

Tython

Shadowwalker

Megabot

Noble

Bloo

God King Ferg

Hellbreaker

Kip

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

Emmz, Rin, Shadowwalker

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Sterling

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Character drop/ Motivation question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:56 am

I've recently made a character that was supposed to go through an arc that would decide if he'd be on the good side or the bad side. However, I was originally under the impression that since that this was a fan site that the influential groups of HIVE and Titans would be bigger than what the show depicted because of all the members that would probably want to be a Titan or a HIVE member. I was recently told otherwise. Now that I know that the team's are limited, the use of the recent character has become basically nonexistent, why? Well, I was hoping at least one HIVE member would try to drag him to the dark side, while a Titan would try to get him to come to the good side, however, I came to the conclusion that HIVE would be full already, so the HIVE leaders wouldn't even give my character a second glance, and the Titans would be the only influence, and they'd probably only do it to keep him in check because they don't want to deal with him..Thus, the death of the entire arc I had planned.

I heard that after you drop a character, you can't make another for a while month, and my motivation would probably dwindle during that time, I was thinking about revamping Ida's personality to make her a bit more spiced, perhaps even changing her all together so I can have a bit more fun with her and making her more exciting to rp with, but she's already in a couple of threads that I definitely can't just drop out of, but if her personality changes randomly during the thread, it might effect it? Maybe not, I don't know..

Any suggestions or helpful advice?...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 am

While he's not a titan, my character Daniel is a hero and could be used as a substitute if you like. Your character doesn't have to get involved with either of the "big" groups right now. I'd offer Inferno but he hasn't been looked at.

As for dropping characters- I was not aware of that "month" stipulation. But that's irrelevant.

If you still want to use the character then a revamp or rework would be best.

Or like I said, I have Daniel to be a substitute if you like.

2/19/17[10:10:25]Mega: You Bloo it there [10:10:46]@ Bloo: Shut up
My Characters
Weaver: cornflowerblue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon
Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 am

Okay I'm mid marathon of Mr. Robot so my thoughts are a bit scattered at the moment, I'll try to lay out my thoughts as neatly as possible.
To start off I notice you said that you wanted characters to pull your characters to the light and dark side so they are conflicted. I am apart of the Titans and HIVE and I haven't seen you ask, or personally have been asked, to thread with your character using either of my team members. You also say HIVE is already full so that the HIVE leader would look the other way, which of course is false. HIVE is always ready to corrupt more members, you just have to ask us (or me), or throw up a thread. You can't ever expect any arc to go your way if you don't take the initiative to start threads.

That brings me to my next point, I did see you in the chat several times asking people to corrupt your character, which several people responded (including myself) and you never followed up after that. I suggest starting there if you want a corruption arc, of course this goes for the same with the good guys. Square Mom is always ready to help some conflicted people.
On top of all of this, you should look into other characters instead of just HIVE and the Titans. There are TONS of awesome characters on this site,you just have to jump in and get involved! The Titans right now are in a weak spot, so I'm not sure how that might play out, but there are a bunch of other great heroes that I'm sure could work into that arc!

Now dropping a character is something you should be weary to do, you shouldn't drop and make new characters willy nilly. You do have to wait 2 months after making the character to drop them, which if you are looking to drop Ida you could do that. However, I personally don't think you should. If you want to re design her personality you can do that as well, but wait until after the threads you are in. It really sucks for the other people you're roleplaying with if one of the people suddenly stop posting or drop out, it makes them lose trust in you.
I think right now you need some muse, which seems to be your main problem right now. If I ever lack muse in a character I'll make soundtracks for them and listen to them to get me in that mood. Of course this isn't for everyone, just one of my few suggestions. You could also try following through on your arc plans to make your character be pulled both directions, all of my characters are up for a thread with you.

Sorry if my thoughts were a bit scrambled there, I hope that made sense and that I helped just a lil bit! ^-^

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:18 am

I was mostly asking in the chat as a joke, I feel like asking specific people to join sorta dampens the roleplaying experience depending on the type of thread, plus Pierce wasn't even approved yet. And I was pointing out that the HIVE was full because after my character is corrupted, he probably wouldn't know really what to do with his new evilness, and I'm not aware of any other evil factions. And I KNOW the arc won't go exactly how I want, that's why had there be a possibility of two different endings, and why I'd rather just make a thread and have people interested join, because picking and choosing exactly who you want to join is trying to make the arc go exactly how one would want.

Another reason I'm losing muse for the character us because, even though HIVE would be looking for people to corrupt, they're probably doing their own thing right now...

I wasn't planning on just dropping characters willy nilly, I was asking because I had another interesting character I had in mind that I wanted to make after Pierce's arc, and if I wasn't motivated to go through with Pierce, than rping with a character that I would be hype for would help...Though waiting two months would probably just kill my motivation all together.

I wanted to change Ida's personality a bit so the threads could be a bit more exciting and her character more exciting so I'd be motivated to post, when I first made Ida I felt she would've been a good starting character, but now I feel she could use more exciting attributes..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:33 am

Sorry for double posting, but I forgot to add I'm not entirely sure now how to start the arc off >~<  I sorta had a plan before, but it sorta crumbled. I wanna going to just rp with Ida until I thought off something, but I wanted to change her personality so I could be more motivated to rp with her, but I have to wait for the threads, but those are gonna go slow down because I'd rather wait and give a good post than rush and give a crappy post...So my posting is slowing down, I can't think of how to start it yet, and both are taking a roll on my hype as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 am

Well, with the character limit, combined with the severe punishment of not being able to make a new one for 2 months if you drop a character- seems like you're stuck.

My offer to have Daniel try and persuade Percy is still on the table :3

My Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Panda Bookknight
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:20 am

Thank you for the offer Mega, but before I make anymore threads, I have to at least post in the other ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Yang Xiaolong and Blake Belladonna
Code Name: Ranger/Blake

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:50 am

I've always been one to say that if you want to drop a character, feel free. That's more work for the mods, but shockingly it's not like we do a ton anyway. We work on apps. That's literally it. Ergo, we don't exactly have much right to be mad if you want to try a character and then dislike how they work in our universe on the forum. If you want to have a limit, sure. Make it two weeks or something. Two months is literally absurd in my humble opinion, because that literally just means I won't use the character I made for those two months.

((Hi new Roman/Neo))

As for your issue, if you ever have something you want to do with the Titans, please feel free to message me. Yang is on the shelf right now, but I will do everything in my power to get the ball rolling if at all possible. While I'm not nearly as influential in the HIVE, May is always around to be socially inept whenever necessary, and Blake is there for the odd man out.

Let me know if you need anything I can help with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moon
Procrastination Queen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Also I'd like to point out that your character changing their personality isn't something you necessarily have to change in the app. Sure eventually you should go back and update it, but characters change as they face new challenges. Take Lust for instance, when I first made her I had this idea of a Goddy attention seeker who thought she was better than everyone else, she also loved to strut down the street just for attention. That was my first idea. Butttt when I started roleplaying as her she became a cool, calculated, business like person who thinks of her beauty more as a curse, it's the complete opposite of what I originally had planned. I think I changed her personality eventually, but it might still be there XD .
Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like your character to become a HIVE student or if you'd like a Titan to help her through some morals and what not.

Love, Guts, and Chocolate Cake.

Spider Girl - Cuelphihly

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:29 pm

I also agree that 2 months is absurd. But this isn't the place to talk about that.

Henry isn't involved in the recruiting for HIVE but might find Percy interesting to study xP

My Characters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character drop/ Motivation question   

Back to top Go down

Character drop/ Motivation question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1