Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Lethe Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Lethe Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Lethe Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Lethe Vote_lcapLethe Voting_barLethe Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Lethe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lethe
Lethe

RPG character
Name: Lethe Chateau
Code Name: Lethe
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 3:16 am

"I mean, if praying makes you die faster, then by all means ..."

Lethe

Lethe Lethe_10

«««IDENTITY»»»

Full Name: Lethe Chateau
Nickname(s): Lee, Blue
Codename: Lethe
Alias(es): N/A
Race: Meta Human
Affiliation: Neutral

«««PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION»»»

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Aqua Blue
Height: 5'3''
Weight: 110 lbs.
Other Traits: N/A

«««SKILL SET»»»

Powers:

Lethe has the power to manipulate her aura to give her various benefits. Whenever her aura is activated, it isn’t subtle; The energy that manifests is a glowing aqua light that she can utilize to do the following, each with their own tells. She can really only use one or two of these effects at once, lest she become exhausted and collapse:

~ Aura Manipulation:
-Increased “Strength”: Lethe herself is small and scrawny, but she can use her aura to temporarily increase her physical strength. For example, normally Lethe’s limit would be to lift a child. When this ability is active, she is capable of lifting cars or punching through walls (~2 tons). The stronger the object she wishes to break through or heavier the object she wishes to lift, the more of her aura she expends. She mostly uses this in hand to hand combat. Her fists are engulfed in aqua light (because aesthetic), the physical embodiment of her aura.

-Increased “Agility”: Lethe can use her aura to increase her natural agility and reflexes. Her running speed, which is only slightly above average normally, is doubled (but she’s no Flash), she is capable of jumping long distances (only about the distance from the roof of one building to another across the street), and she is able to absorb the impact of her falls, the damage instead going to her aura. When this ability is active, her feet are engulfed in aqua light (again, aesthetic). If she is absorbing the impact of a fall, that part of her body is also lit.

-Increased “Accuracy”: Lethe can focus her aura in order to sense the auras of people around her. This ability doesn’t work through thick walls, but can be used at a deficit to see through thinner ones. While reading auras is always ambiguous, doing so would allow Lethe to see how powerful her target is (the more powerful, the larger the aura). Lethe mostly uses this ability to track her targets as they flee. When this ability is active, her eyes glow with aqua light (can you guess the reason).

~ Aura “Projectiles”: Basically just Starbolts, if I’m honest. I’m not the most creative. Lethe can fire her aura in orbs of (you guessed it) aqua light at enemies, which deal damage on contact. Also, instead of using them ranged, she can keep them in her palm as she strikes via melee. (I'm past the Naruto phase of my life, but hold your judgement and imagine Rasengan. That's kind of how I imagine it looking.)

Skills: Acrobatics (flips, cartwheels, all the stuff I can’t do in real life because boy oh boy am I a sickly child), Lock picking, Juggling, Puns.

Physical Weaknesses: When she is caught off guard and not focusing her aura, she is extremely weak physically. She relies on her aura to increase her various attributes. When she isn't using her aura, she is still quite agile and has a keen eye, but in an arm wrestling contest her arm would go through the table. And then shatter. If she uses multiple aura instances for long periods of time, she becomes exhausted. She requires extended periods of rest afterwards. So, in short, she could be super strong and use all of this %#!@, but she’s going to be knocked out on their corpses afterward.

Mental Weaknesses: Lethe has zero sense of self worth; She has been a bounty hunter/assassin for hire, and has only ever been seen as a weapon. It's all she knows. She also doesn’t know who to trust, as she has no current allegiances, so her loyalty is up for grabs. Until she gets incorporated into a group (if that happens), she’s probably going to be easily swayed. I use the term swayed instead of manipulated, because she knows when she’s being used. It doesn't matter if it helps her survive, as of now.

Equipment:
Bulletproof vest under clothing, serrated sword, knee/arm guards, gas mask.

«««CEREBRAL PROFILE»»»

Personality: Lethe comes off, initially, as aloof. She often falls victim to daydreaming. Underneath this, however, she is constantly observing the people she comes into contact with. She is quite perceptive.
Lethe is more reserved than shy; She takes in information and analyzes it internally. When she does talk, she shows her affinity for dry humor. She’s also not afraid to make banter with her enemies, and taunts them when she is clearly ahead in the fight (not out of confidence, but because she knows it’ll get to their head).
Her expression is almost always neutral, maybe with a slight smirk depending on the side of the bed she woke up on.
She’s not an inherently bad person, but because she has been killing for so long she can’t help getting a weird sadistic pleasure when she completes a mark. Her smile is a bit unnerving around this time, but she’s quick to wipe it off.
Often, her lack of social experience comes off as a sort of childlike innocence. Paired with the blood lust, it makes for an interesting combination. For example, if she's in the middle of torturing someone for information, she might stop and realize that his eyes are the same shade of brown as the cereal she ate this morning, and momentarily lose track of what she was doing. She will then, mentally, rename this man Branflake.

Strengths:Lethe is good at reading people; she notes their body language, their facial quirks, their speech patterns. Because she is so good at observing others, she can find out what makes them tick.

Interests/Habits: Lethe often falls deep into thought, and can be caught staring into space. Waving a hand in front of her face does the trick.
Lethe is fascinated by people watching. If you see her in a bar or club, she is probably at the counter observing the dancers.
Because she hasn’t had much social contact, she isn’t the best at making friends. She has a book of puns she uses as ice breakers.
Lethe enjoys videogames. They’re sort of a guilty pleasure.

«««PERSONAL BACKGROUND»»»

Family Members: Vance Allistair (Father, Deceased), Willow Chateau (Mother, Deceased)
Place of Origin: Portland, Oregon
History: Lethe’s childhood started out about the same as every other tragic backstory goes. Her mother died during childbirth, her father blamed her and turned to the bottle, he went to rough her up one day and she slammed his head in the door of their rusted oven about 10 times before giving up and pressing it shut until eventually his neck just caved in. He was drunk and she was eight.
Lethe learned a lot about her mother before that, through her old coworkers at the local supermarket. Willow was the light of their life, they told her. She always knew just what to say, and was never too busy to listen to their personal problems. They didn’t know why she ended up with a guy like Vance, an ex-drug dealer, now working as a bouncer. He wasn’t the worst guy at the time, but Willow could definitely do better. Apparently, they would tell her this quite often. Willow would just smile and say “Everything happens for a reason.”
They say maybe she saw something in him. Lethe figured it was the same thing she could see in others, their light. Their aura.
Maybe she knew that, if she moved into Vance’s apartment and shack up, she’d have a kid. Lethe doesn’t know.
What she does know is that being eight and murdering your father is frowned upon in contemporary society. She also knew that, despite the lack of legality in the action, she was quite good at murder for an eight year old. It was a skill that would come in handy.
Again, in typical fashion, Lethe grew up on the streets. She soon realized being anonymous wasn’t as easy as she thought it’d be in Portland, which is a huge city with a huge homeless population. Not everyone would glow blue at the most inopportune times. So she skipped town, climbing into boxcars and stealing food like she read in the books. If the kids in her stories could do it, why couldn’t she? She started doing odd jobs for the people she met. Robbing a certain store at age 10, hunting down someone who skipped out on a payment at 14, physical persuasion at 16, assassination soon after. Killing quickly became a sort of comforting routine, hardly distinguishable from brushing her teeth or washing her hands after going to the bathroom. Hurting innocents wasn’t really in her job description, but if it had to happen she got over it. She still feels a bit bad when she’s forced to, but if one scumbag wants another scumbag dead then it’s a-okay.

Throughout this time, she became more and more in tune with her inherent gifts. She realized this glowy colorful light she could see in people around her was something in all living things, and that the fact that she could see this and use it to her advantage wasn’t quite normal. Lethe spent many late nights on rooftops until the sun would rise, flexing her aura into various shapes and letting it fill her body until it wasn’t painful anymore. Instead, it felt natural. Her aura has become the only thing she can depend on. No matter how many people leave her, whether mentally or physically, she can count on this energy inside her to never disappear. Now, at age 18, Lethe has made her way to Jump City. She doesn’t have a set goal in mind, not really. In fact, knowing how many extraordinary people are in Jump City sets her off. Jobs aren’t easy in a town full of superheroes. Then again, some part of her likes the challenge.

Sample rp: “God, please! Have mercy, I beg you!”

The man’s red trail was streaked across the factory’s concrete flooring, creating some sort of pseudo-artistic yet macabre design. Lethe tilted her head to the left, observing the man’s handiwork. He had been crawling away for about ten minutes. It was impressive.

“L-Listen, I have money! Lots of it! Whatever they’re paying you, I can double it. No, I-I can triple it!” The man, George MacCready, reached a shaking hand into the front pocket of his suit. It had been a nice suit before it had all went down, something he had clearly been able to afford through the money he extorted from his clients. MacCready pulled out a checkbook, waving it in the air like a white flag. Lethe looked at him, face unchanging.

Another few steps forward. He was unable to move backward as he had before, which was a shame. Maybe she’d be able to swing by Taco Bell before it closed up, if this was coming close to an end-

“How much? A hundred? A thousand?” Lethe blinked, train of thought cut off. MacCready was pale and sweating.

“More than you can afford.” Lethe said plainly, quickly closing the distance between them. She watched the checkbook fall to the ground. “I checked beforehand.” She added with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

“But wait-“ He attempted to raise himself before screaming in agony as she pushed him to the ground, boot on his stomach. The harder she pressed, the more red liquid spewed from the wound on his chest. It was hard to believe his shirt was white before, you know, the murder.

Lethe leaned downward, stretching a fist out in front of her. On demand, her fist began to light up. Aqua, ethereal energy spiraled from her fist down her arm. The glow it shed onto his bleeding, quivering form was eerily beautiful. Or it was, before she thrust her fist downward. Her lips quirked upward, for a second. Using her aura was like meeting with a friend.

Again, MacCready screamed, convulsing before collapsing back to the ground. He choked and Lethe stepped back, attempting to wipe her hand onto the steel beam beside her. He continued in this fashion (very dramatic, Lethe thought), before turning to stare at her. She fidgeted slightly under his gaze; The life was fading from them too slowly.

“Yeah, sorry. I’d let you die in peace, but I have to make sure.” He blinked, unable to respond. Lethe cleared her throat.

“Take your time.”

He lasted 37 more seconds. Lethe made it to Taco Bell 5 minutes before they closed.

I tried Fire
(edited: Affiliation set to Neutral, added equipment to fit picture)

Last edited by Lethe on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar/spelling)
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire
Villain or good guy?: Good

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Woo Hoo! Claimed by the master mechanic!
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:30 pm

What's her max running speed when using her agility form?

So how long can she sustain one aura? How long can she sustain two? Can she switch effortlessly from one aura to the other? How much damage do her aura bolts deal out?
Back to top Go down
Lethe
Lethe

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Fantastic questions that I don't have answers to.

Let's see! (I'm sorry in advance I'm kind of %#!@ at this).

Max Running Speed: I'm not entirely sure how fast is considered to be "overpowered", so bear with me. Maybe 60 mph?

One aura can be sustained for a pretty long time, depending on which it is. I imagine the heightened senses take less energy, and can last for a solid day. The others, though, require concentration, so maybe 2 hours? I was thinking switching between the two would be effortless, but you can nerf that if you want.

Damage is tricky because I'm not entirely sure how to measure that. I'm thinking they'd do more damage the less large; For example, firing an orb like Starfire's starbolts would stagger you back and hurt like a $%@#, but just one wouldn't pierce the skin. Firing a small one (hopefully by making finger guns, because that's hella metal) would be equivalent to a bullet. Again, if you have suggestions that'd be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Sorry for vanishing. I was sort of cut off for a few days, and had to be EXTREMELY conservative with my internet usage.

Lethe 5-1
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Lethe CMwNKcO
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:32 pm

The only issues I see are maybe that you're lacking an affiliation. This isn't like, a team, this is more so whether you're good, neutral, evil, etc. Although some of us with teams just slap those on there if we feel like it, and that usually gets the point across. *cough*Blake*cough*

That being said, just slap that in and I think that'll be about it. Then again I've also gotten my eyes dilated so I'll probably do another pass over before the final approval just to be safe. xD
Back to top Go down
Lethe
Lethe

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Switched around the affiliation to neutral, but I also added equipment so you might want to check that. Thanks in advance!

(p.s, Yang is my fave so I appreciate you)
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Alright. I'm tempted to ask how strong the knee/arm guards are, but they wouldn't even be very big. they could be unbreakable and wouldn't exactly be armor, so I'll pass this along to the RP~

And if you like Yang, enjoy my approval sticker:

Lethe PSPHleu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lethe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lethe   Lethe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lethe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Inactive Characters-
Jump to: