Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Rehabilitation (St) Vote_lcapRehabilitation (St) Voting_barRehabilitation (St) Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Rehabilitation (St) Vote_lcapRehabilitation (St) Voting_barRehabilitation (St) Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Rehabilitation (St)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Rehabilitation (St) Empty
PostSubject: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump City Correctional Facility. Pix rather liked the name. There were many idiots whose subconscious didn't make the connection between that and a prison. It was amazing what simple phrasing could do. He often believed that, if he were not a super-criminal, he would be one of these bureaucrats who sat around thinking up genial names for unpleasant subjects. It was a living.

Pix was now no stranger to prison. His last hadn't gone so well, what with the ignorance of the populous as to his capabilities. It was all well and good showing them he could instigate a revenge scheme, but they weren't sufficiently convinced of his intelligence that they wouldn't try to hit back. It was very irritating. He wasn't in a position to correct them and so he had to suffer for it.

But in this prison? He felt very much at home. He knew the felons, had past associations with many of them. They afforded him a modicum of respect. If they didn't fear him he had only to name drop Harpy or Zero. Fear by association. This was right up Pix's alley.

A week had gone by now of his incarceration. He'd been cooperating with his lawyer to ensure his upcoming trial went smoothly. Without TIBERIUS he'd lost a trump card, yet had opened up other avenues. Mal had a one tracked mind. Meanwhile everyone else could be convinced of things they didn't believe in. He adopted his court strategy accordingly. It wouldn't be a long stretch.

Seated in the dining hall, Pix picked at his tray of inedibles. It was a reminder that he'd not completely cracked prison life yet. Quackers over at the opposite table had seeded bread. Meanwhile he had to make do with this garbage. There had to be someone he could talk to. Pix sighed to himself. The waiting was the worst part of any scheme.
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:06 pm

There were whispers among the inmates near Pix, and they looked terrified. "Was he really caught?" "Yeah, blew off that Kicker kid's leg. .50 cal sniper." "Seems a little over kill, doesn't it?" "I think he wanted to send a message." "What message could he possibly se-" Suddenly the prisoner was grabbed by his throat, and all the other inmates stared in either excitement or horror. "The message I wanted to send was DO. NOT. SCREW. WITH. ME." Kristoff Makarov made his grand entrance, he slammed the thug down and looked at everyone, staring them down. He then sat next to his old friend, "Heya, Pix. Watcha in for?"
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 am

Hugh stopped picking at his food and looked over at the commotion. He tried to distance himself from the scraps of other inmates. Even though the guy was at his table he wouldn't have lifted a finger to help. However he was not prepared to see the familiar face of Zero. While he was on the grapevine, the topic of his colleague's incarceration had somehow slipped him by. Pix shifted marginally over, creating a gap next to him on the benches. Predictably Kris took the seat.

Where he had once been resigned there now renewed an atmosphere of bonhomie. Although Kris had undergone a metamorphosis last he knew him, the two were still as thick as thieves. By any stretch of the imagination his being here meant no Titan or Talon had come close to figuring Pix out. Prison had not kept him from his resources, "Unofficially? Failed treason."

He hoped he didn't need to elaborate on that. His failure was still too painful. It was all he could do to remind himself it was anyone but his own fault. The Titans had been dumb, the Americans hadn't told him about Talon, and Tib dying was just random chance. It took all that to derail his scheme.

But with the help of Blake, damage control had been done. He was free to erase that debacle and move on to newer brighter goals. With Mal out of the way the political scene had changed drastically. There were things he dared do now that he wouldn't have before. Zero was a welcome sight. A sign that things were back under control, "You never cease to amaze me with your resourcefulness. Disguising yourself as an inmate to talk to me." He'd thought the prison all but impenetrable after its reconstruction. But here was good ol' reliable Kris having seemingly snuck through their defences. They would never catch him.

"How far have you infiltrated?" He'd even gotten his hands on a prison uniform and everything. Very clever.
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:30 am

Kris looked over his old friend with a grin, it was good to see a friendly face. When Pix said he was in for failed treason the assassin laughed, "Let me guess, Titans got in the way?" Kris then looked at him as Pix thought he infiltrated, well, he kinda did. Kris was playing nice, he could kill off every guard in here and leave, but prison was a good way to make allies. "Well, let's see, You remember Kicker? He took a .50 cal sniper bullet to the leg. Then I tusseled with Metamorphi for a bit, then I allowed myself to be caught by JCPD. Boy, will their momma's be proud, they actually did something besides die for once. I'm in here to make allies, well now that you're in here, we can begin one of our never-failing master plans."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Hugh frowned with the weight of internal gripes, "More like they got out of the way. You can never trust a Titan to act intelligently." Razzin'-frazzin' Titans, "But I learned a whole lot." He was now aware of Talon's existence, the identity of Wrath, and the state of the current government. He also believed the Titan morale to be shaken, certainly Yang's. It would not be long before something buckled there.

Pix listened to Kristoff's story with interest. It was less impressive than he'd first assumed. It seemed Zero was an actual prisoner like him. Well... not that he was an 'actual' prisoner. Still, he had to admire the assassin's dedication to being unpredictable. Getting yourself caught - not as boneheaded as many made it out to be. There was much to be gained from temporary incarceration. At the very least it had brought them together again. Pix leaned back in his chair smugly, "Clear the table." If they were talking plans he didn't want a bunch of second-rate nobodies listening in. And yeah, maybe he wanted to revel in having vicarious power again.

Once Kris had completed that task Pix would begin, "I'm aware that in my absence HIVE has taken somewhat of a fall. Our old base is condemned, our street gang gone, our membership scattered. Heck, there is even someone else on the street who dares use the name HIVE. Everyone, even our own people, think we're finished. And that is a massive advantage." Pix folded his arms and gave the assassin a hooded look, "You and I are both canny enough to know what resources we've maintained under the illusion of organisational collapse. I'll tell you what I've got if you tell me what you've got."
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Kris looked at the prisoners and gave each one a knock out shock, using the table to direct the currents. He then looked at Pix and listened, Pix wanted some new information. "Well let's see. You know the Falcone Mafia? Well they attacked and killed my little brother, that's why I'm in here, looking for information on that. And No, I'm not trying to bore you with the latest Makarov news. In the beginning I was going to just butcher all the goons, but now, now I'm going to kill off Falcone's blood family and take control of his Mafia. Fear tactics are good, and we'll have a mini army again. Then there's something about me that makes me a bit more deadly, my powers recently evolved. I now have red lightning that branches off me, makes me really fast and strong, haven't tested it to it's fullest extent yet. Your turn."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:11 pm

The topic of Kris' family threw Hugh for a loop. He was reminded that he'd given his father up to the Americans for basically nothing. He kept telling himself there was still some angle he could work there, but it would be a long time before that avenue could be explored. In the mean time, he felt confident the man was being kept in relative comfort. No use crying over rationised milk.

Pix opened his mouth to give some snide comment about how family was irrelevant, but Kris beat him to the punch. It's not that he didn't feel pathos for his friend's loss, but he didn't see how parroting hollow words would help Kris. The guy was a killer, he'd probably already made his peace with it. Pix continued to listen. The vengeance plot was enterprising rather than emotional. He was impressed. And after a display of the red lightning Pix was even more assured of his ally's battle prowess.

He only hoped he could impress Zero right back, "Alright. When TIB split he took a number of the Zydon technology we'd salvaged with him. Not all of it. I'd already cached some in a place he didn't know about. Or that he was happy to let me think he didn't know about. Either way it should still be there what with his-" Pix paused. No, it was the time to break that bombshell. He continued on apace, "I've discovered the existence of a mercenary group that aids the government. It's called Talon, Blake is now a part of it. Furthermore I believe Nina to be involved with this new HIVE. That's two allies in places of trust of groups that may oppose us." He didn't think critically over whether Blake would ever side against him. He preferred to fool himself on that score.

"Third. Those goons of ours that joined other gangs. You gave them all the tattoos I asked for right? Naturally they've had them removed by now. However the ink was a special concoction I had Quinn design. It's a slow acting poison. They won't feel the effects of it for years." Back then they had agreed that the gang was Kris' responsibility. Yet he hadn't known about this. Heck, for all Pix knew the guy might have gotten a tattoo himself (yay healing factor?). This could be seen as a breach of trust, but Pix anticipated Zero wasn't so insecure, "Most will have joined other gangs by now. We have blackmail in the form of a cure to hold over them." It was a massive logistical advantage. That seed planted long ago was about to bear fruit.

"Next. You remember Ekmed? Yeah, always a treasured memory. Well that stone thing he had on him turned out to be Nth metal. I've stashed it with Nina. Hopefully she hasn't pawned it off by now. It'll be invaluable some day. I know it." Without Gilda they needed all the anti-magic protection they could get.

"And last but not least. You remember that million TIBERIUS left us? We spent a lot of it, but I put a good percentage into a group fund. I'm sure at least one of you has, by now, tried to access that safety deposit box of mine." Hey, they were criminals after all, "I already spent the money though. Whoops. Without telling you I gave it all to a then new player in town. The Neon Viper. She had lines into construction companies around here. I asked her to use it to buy more influence and finance some renovations. Now, ever since the Russian war Jump City has needed patching up. A lot of buildings have been erected or repaired in these past few months. And by now a good number of them have secret rooms, hidden exits, etcetera. Useable by her and us. Heck, even this prison has one more fire escape than it will show on the blueprints."

Pix stopped talking as one of the inmates nearby groaned, then continued, "Any felon in the know can pay Neon Viper a thousand or so to be let out for the night. Long as they're back in their cell come morning, no one is any the wiser. I think on occasion she may allow breakouts. We control the prison, Zero. The illusion of our uselessness has been greatly exaggerated."
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Kris sat back, mouth agape, but as he processed it all, he looked at Pix with a grin. "You clever ^*#(@!@..."  He playfully punched Pix's shoulder, the sprite had done it again, "We have all these leads, the only question left, is where do we begin? My thought process is that we finish my hunt for Falcone and we simultaneously get my gang back, doubling our man power. I've heard of the new HIVE, full of barely capable villains, it's a school, we could easily take over and have them work for us. Boom, our numbers are increased exponentially. And with Talon, well I wouldn't count on Blake, she's a stereotypical guildie, betray you at the first chance. Your blueprints with that Viper chick? Perfect for moving undetected, sure you know that, it WAS your idea. And the Nth metal, well that's a no brainer, Nina will just hand it over. When do we start?" Kris then stopped and thought, "The prison, it has power dampening tech. I don't think the Warden would mind if we borrowed one or two generators for study."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Pix winced a little too much at the punch. He'd once had a friend who was a boxer who used to do that to him all the time. He still felt like his shoulder had a fist-shaped divot to this day. But the praise went a way to soothing his ire. At last some recognition. One day it wouldn't only be his friends saying it.

He scoffed when Kris mentioned Blake, "She said much the same about you. Careful people will start to talk."

Kris had a quick grasp on the enormity of their opportunity here. They could probably pose a threat to the do-gooders if they wanted to. But then again - why risk it? Get too large and they risked uniting a coalition against them. Pix thought it more prudent to act once their enemies had already been defeated. They hadn't regained an advantage of anonymity to lose it now. Too much reminded up in the air.

"Great minds, Zero. The Titans also had this power suppressant technology. I would not be surprised if they gave it to the prison. However, in doing so they created a massive blunder. In the Tower the tech was safe. In the prison its just waiting to be stolen. Thieves live here, you may be shocked to learn." Yeah. HIVE had become accustomed to power suppressants of their own. Except the one in their old base was biotech and loyal to TIBERIUS. Pix didn't trust it, even if it still lived. Zero's interest in the prison's suggested it didn't.

"Here's what we'll do. We'll begin work on that. At night we can follow up your Falcone business. But we must leave the rest well alone for now. I notice you haven't said anything about HIVE's mysterious new leadership, and that worries me. Furthermore..." Hugh paused, looking for the words. As ever it was a long winded thing to explain, "I intend to go straight." And if that doesn't confuse the hell out of you, nothing will.
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Kris listened intently, and rolle his eyes when Pix said that Blake said he same thing Kris did. Who did she think she was? Kris looked around at the unconscious inmates. Kris then looked at Pix as he said the Titans had power suppressant tech, that figured. Kris was shocked that Pix didn't want to follow the route of the Army, but understood. Kris then heard that Pix said he was going straight and started laughing, "Oh boy Pix, you are a funny dude, you know that?"
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 7:48 am

Pix grimaced. It was about the reaction he could expect, "I can understand why it might seem strange to you. You've lived as a fugitive for a very long time. If you weren't running from the Guild you were dodging the attentions of heroes. You have never had a social security number. You have never lived the care-free life of an average citizen. I have. Until just recently I had a civilian identity I could take and a life that went with that. I can't live in bunkers and hood my face at every security camera. I'm not up to that level of mind-numbing diligence. Although I have no intention of going straight, I must continue my criminal activities from the right side of the law. Which, as difficult as that sounds, I am more able to achieve. And if that means a year or two in here, then so be it." Pix hadn't lied to the Titans when he'd told them of his want to be held accountable for old debts. Doing so very much played to his advantage.

"When I was just starting out I made a lot of mistakes. Namely, that I listened to other people. That I used their plans. And as a consequence incriminated myself. I know I can avoid that now. I just need a clean slate." Of course he was confident of his ability to talk the courts down from too severe a sentence. But it was still going to take many months before he'd served his time.
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 am

Kris listened to him, Pix had a civilian life, he had the luxuries Kris never did. Kris had a lot of money sure, but he had to resort to living in slummy apartments because to land lords never asked too many questions. Pix could risk high profile exposure and nobody would know who he was. "What's it like?" Kris tried to stop himself from saying it, but couldn't. He could only hope Pix would gloss over the question and move on to Kris' next. "Erm... What's the plan for the power dampeners?"
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:47 am

The question and its implication wasn't lost on Pix. His expression must have given away his bewilderment for Kris quickly changed the subject. They might have been pretty chummy but Pix drew the line at telling Lenny about the rabbits. He chose not to dwell on it, a little disturbed by its frankness.

"Let's see. We're not really sure what the technology consists of. I for one don't know what stops powers, do you? Is it a new form of radiation? Maybe psionic inhibitors? Remote genetic suppression seems a little advanced for the Titans. That was probably what TIB went with. But he was a gajillion years old or something. If this came from the Titans we're looking at a mechanical solution. Not magic thank gosh. And that means it can be tested." Pix picked at what was left of his food, recoiled at the texture, and pushed his plate aside.

He thought of something, "Tonight we'll go outside the prison. We'll cut the power lines for the block. I imagine this prison has generators aplenty, so it may only lose functionality for a few seconds, but that'll be enough time to ascertain one thing. Is the power dampener connected to an electricity supply? We pay someone to test their ability under the blackout. If so, then that rules out biotech, magic, and radiation definitively." Because radiation would have a residual effect. Pix nodded to himself. Once they understood the nature of what they wanted to steal, they could get a hold of it far easier.

He turned to Kris and gave a sardonic smile, "And stop asking soul-searching questions. You're in prison now. If you start doing that feely crap, you'll get shanked. Or worse! One of these grown men will cry."
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 7:41 pm

Kris nodded as the guards came down, the prisoners at the table coming to. "Okay, freaks! Back to your cages!" Kris got up, he would shake Pix's hand, sneaking him something, "It's always nice seeing an old friend, when we get outta here, we should get a drink." Kris grinned as he flipped his long hair, giving Pix a brief glimpse of an old HIVE communicator. Kris always had some tricks up his sleeve. One of the guards grabbed Kris' arm, "Not so fast, Makarov. We know about your tendency to disappear. We'll keep you company until you safely get in your cell." Kris chuckled, "If you must, I su-" "Shut up." Kris glared at the guard as he was walked back to his cell.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:33 pm

A call was not long in the offing. That night, when all the cells were locked and the block was dark, Pix contacted Kris and explained how things would proceed. Shortly a guard would approach his quarters and rap on the door. The front of each cell was made from a one-way polymer. The guards could see in but the prisoners couldn't see out. Prevented ambushes. Keys turned in the lock. There was no handy button one could press to release all the prisoners, each door had to be done manually. Fire hazard be damned.

"Makarov. Get dressed. You pulled the graveyard shift. Mucking out the dog kennels." The dogs were released to prowl the grounds during the night. So their houses could only be cleaned while they were away. It was as good a reason as any to get paying customers out of their cell for a night.

Assuming Kris complied, he would be led through the facility until they came across a divided section of the building. The kennel block could only be reached through the courtyard. The dogs had to be warned off when they smelled Kris, but they were loyal to their masters. Opening the thick heavyset doors, the guard would shine his flashlight on a pair of people. Pix and a second guard. The second man wore an ill-fitting uniform. He nodded to Kris' guard, and the man locked all three of them inside without a word.

A single dim light illuminated the stone walls and tiled floors. The guard who was not really a guard went to a patch of tiles and began to lever them, "You back by sundown, eh? Or there will be trouble."

Hugh smiled, "I helped design the system. I know the gist." He had forwarded funds to cover their expenses earlier in the day. He could have taken a stance and chosen not to pay, but he thought this sent a better message to his associate. The Neon Viper was a good ally to maintain. Pix spoke to Kris, "The screws never find this during the day because their precious guard dogs mark territory here. They basically defend our escape route. Not to mention any prisoner who finds out about this will think twice before sneaking in here himself." He thumbed at the third man, "That's Javier. He works for Viper. Some of the guards are also on the pay roll."

Once Javier had prised apart the exit tunnel he took up a brush, "I finish the work while you go. Don't be seen." The expectation was that prisoners doing this chore would remain in the kennels overnight, sleeping on the clean bedding they had provided the dogs. That gave them all night to do what needed to be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation (St)   Rehabilitation (St) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitation (St)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Jump City :: Jump City Correctional Facilities-
Jump to: