Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dukes Up (Ask)
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Ama

» I solemnly swear I am not doing no good [Open]
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 am by CM

» how to avoid vanishing [open, it's a plot thread Bow]
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am by Tython

» Make A Meal Of It (Ask)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am by Bow

» Scarlet and Gold (Bloo)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am by Bow

» The Obituaries (Ask)
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm by Mega

» Hubble Bubble Now There's Trouble (Open)
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm by Brother Grimm

» Alduin Ryzestein
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm by Mega

» Danny Phantom
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 pm by Mega

Top posting users this week
CM

Ama

Top posting users this month
Mega

Tython

DivingDart

Ama

Emmz

Bow

CM

St. Jommy

The Departed

Brother Grimm

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Emmz

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Kyte

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Journal of H.A Mercier

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mega
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Journal of H.A Mercier   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:47 am

New Employment...

I am making this log after my recent encounter with a strange woman, who along with a single accomplice broke into an armored vehicle taking me back to the STARS Metahuman Research Branch. She offered me a position in her organization, promised me funding, staff, and safety to carry out my own research in exchange for helping her- naturally. It doesn't surprise me that someone would try to enlist my help, rather it was the fact it seemed like I had a choice in the matter. The few times I have been "approached" were typically at gunpoint and made clear I had no choice in the matter one way or another. Fortunately these incidents were too few and far between to lose sleep over.

It seemed so... strangely perfect the timing. I'm not one to believe in fate but these seemed like a possible exception to that. After consideration I accepted her offer and was taken immediately to her organization's base of operations. After a brief tour of the facility I have been left to my own devices to do as I please. Most of the equipment I asked for is here, and soon I will be able to do some actual research... I am vaguely aware that I may have sold my soul for this opportunity but am willing to pay the price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mega
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Journal of H.A Mercier   Mon May 30, 2016 5:01 am

Surreality...

It feels like forever since I was made the head of research and development for "HIVE Academy." I've familiarized myself with the layout of the campus and have begun using the perks of my new employment as discreetly as possible. Naturally I have more then enough reason to not invest too much energy in trusting someone who is willing to kill, and abduct anyone they want. But for the time being it seems that I am granted a certain level of trust, if nothing else to save face. I'm not naive enough to think my employers actually trust me enough to leave me to my research without their knowledge.

I have thus far been doing some adjustments to base security, and coordinated with other departments to do some rewiring to increase the efficiency of power. After examining the academy's security, I have also created some blueprints for modified versions of the standard Cycloid security droids so they can be better employed as a labor force. Plus the added wrist blaster gives them an lower energy consumption weapon. I've also made schematics for other kinds of droids which will be employed in my employers' plans.

It's so hypocritical that I who have long hated the need to weaponize almost every single advancement in science or progress, have abandoned these ideals for a chance to push humanity to the next step of scientific thought. STARS has for example long been experimenting with cybernetics, which would greatly benefit all of mankind. But as with all things, only the military applications were being touted. The lives that could be improved via cybernetic enhancements is treated as incidental. Still, I have several projects that are making great progress.

I have had less time for these projects with my ongoing project with the recently acquired AI. Fortunately I recognize the coding of the blocks STARS used to force the AI into some kind of compliance. They're not full proof however and I have noticed that some blocks create contradictions. If it wasn't for the sheer volume of blocks I can say with confidence that this AI would have eventually worked them out on it's own, given time. With this in mind I must be very careful. As long as the AI remains isolated from the rest of the network, we will be fine. But eventually my employers intend to bring him into the field, so it's that part that I need to plan for.

STARS has experimented with AIs before. Apparently there was a breakthrough at some point. But due to the global wide data corruption, there's nothing specific about it any where. At any rate, while my employers' suffer from the same short coming of those before them in their viewing a means to an end, I am more open to treating this AI as a sentient being. That however hinges on the fact that this AI is capable of free thought, as my data on it leads me to believe that the Zydons simply created a self-ware tool. If this is the case, it would have been more efficient for me to have simply worked on my own AI by dissecting the one we acquired.

I have no problem reverse engineering the tools of a more advanced race. But if it is self-ware and capable of thinking, I can't say I'm comfortable with enslaving it. Though I know better then to give a former invader free reign to do as it pleased. It's made for war. It would be foolish of me to think that it's capable of anything apart from war mongering. But that remains to be seen I can't be sure until I remove enough of the blocks to where it can think for itself...

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Journal of H.A Mercier
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2