Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Enter the Games
Today at 5:35 am by Nano Donna

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Today at 3:38 am by Shadowwalker

» My disappearance
Yesterday at 3:58 am by Hellbreaker

» The Arrival (Open)
Yesterday at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

Top posting users this week
Shadowwalker

Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Hellbreaker

Nano Donna

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Nano Donna

Silent Night

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

What is a Sliver?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
"AJ"
Gamma-class Metahuman
Gamma-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Lance Moore
Code Name: Fissure
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 am

As the title implies, what is a Sliver or Silver is it, idk? I have seen it around and still have no idea.

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 am

The Sliver's are this sites version of the doom patrol and are the last remnants of the Role players that were here before we got here. Therefore, they're like Nightwing and were all Robin. They succeed us and are APPARENTLY much more powerful than all us combined...
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind

RPG character
Name: Krious Alistair
Code Name: Krious

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm

I don't know how you got to that conclusion, but let me explain.

The Slivers are a group formed by a few heroes in town, like JaK said there are some RPers in it who have been here quite a while and even were Titans at some point. (Simca and me). Next to that we've got Shadow and Apache to back us up. We're just a goup seperate from the Titans and that's it. We fight crime just like you all do, we just didn't wanna be Titans again.

And JaK.. We are in no way more powerful.. my character might think so, but that's just who he is.

Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

For me, this Slivers are a bit more different then that. Do correct me if I'm wrong Krious/Simca.

The Slivers werewhat remained of the old Titans North. Seeing one of them had fallen into the grasp of evil, they knew they needed to work together, but becoming a new group again with new members, new Titans rolling in and out every day, it was not their cup of tea anymore. The more titans, the more possible losses. The recruitment for the Slivers is very elitist.

So far, the two founders, Krious and Simca, both recruited one member. Shadow for Simca and Apache for Krious.

Their goal is also a little different. It relates to taking down supervillain crime as soon as possible, and think before they act if possible. The mentality is more serious, and herein lies their strenght.

And if I might make a side note, every member on here has certain powers and seeks to develop them over time. I can make multiple examples, but if we look at this fact, then it's only logical that those who have been somewhere long will be somewhat stronger. Their character development has happened longer, which does not necessarily make them stronger, but at least more experienced.

The Slivers have the same goal as Titans, but aren't as willing in terms of open coöperation.

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Oh well I'm just goin by what SImca's been telling me, which is her char could pretty much massacre us if she got mad enough. Emblem could set the planet on fire and I have a message from her right now that said in it, if Sliver's think Titans are a threat they'd take us down hard. Even your hideout is soo much more hightech than ours it's not funny, Simca's made it very clear that it's pretty much impossible to break into it. While Titans tower seems to have no type of security protocols at times lol

All that kind of lead me to believe you guys place yourself a tier above the rest of us, but if I'm wrong about that nvm. Like I said in my other thread about paying dues, I'm not hating against the idea of you guys being stronger. In fact, I'm all for it because it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain

RPG character
Name: Simca Katapiete
Code Name: Swallow

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:51 pm

JaK wrote:
Oh well I'm just goin by what SImca's been telling me, which is her char could pretty much massacre us if she got mad enough.

She can. Even more so than her, Kara can, and Najm would do it very happily. Though I never said 'massacre you all'. I said the 'Slivers would smash your faces into the dirt' and that since Simca's powers depend on her emotional state, don't make her mad. Are you putting words in my mouth? X.x

Quote :
Emblem could set the planet on fire

You probably are. Don't put words in my mouth. I said city. City. And he can.

In both cases, can is the keyword here. Just like Krious too, can teleport all over your ass and go ninja-y on you, cutting your neck off in a single slash of his Switchblades before you can even react. Also, what's stopping Primarch Joshua, Kara and Dan Yat from overturning the whole of California? Heck, evil Kara would actually benefit from doing that. Ben Tennyson, like you said s yourself, can turn into an alien suitable for almost every situation. Every character can godmod. But what can be done is not what is going to be done. I've told you that several times before.

Quote :
Aand I have a message from her right now that said in it, if Sliver's think Titans are a threat they'd take us down hard.

Of course they would. Like I said in that very same message, they're the answer to 'Who watches the watchmen?'. If they believe, and have constitute evidence to believe, that the Titans are going Emblem on them they will take them down. Simca doesn't want another Titans Tomorrow (long story, don't ask) and she is especially fearful of the Titans going rogue. They're allies, yes, but only as long as they have the same goals: protecting Jump City.

Quote :
Even your hideout is soo much more hightech than ours it's not funny, Simca's made it very clear that it's pretty much impossible to break into it. While Titans tower seems to have no type of security protocols at times lol

Its not impossible to break in. Its difficult to. And there is a reason why. Pardon my rudeness but you weren't the one who spent 2 years in the Batman Beyond era. And every Tower has security protocols. You can't blame me for using mine when you don't use yours. Sheesh.

Quote :
All that kind of lead me to believe you guys place yourself a tier above the rest of us, but if I'm wrong about that nvm. Like I said in my other thread about paying dues, I'm not hating against the idea of you guys being stronger. In fact, I'm all for it because it makes perfect sense.

Glad for you to confirm that, but really, I'm pretty sure no one here is without their firm set of weaknesses, and even if they lack that they are expected not to godmod in their fights. Check out the Krious vs. Emblem fight (it should be on here, somewhere, I think it was entitled You Got Beef?). Both of them hold back and work in symphony with one another so that no one is godmodding and no one is holding too much back, giving us a very well conducted and enjoyable little piece of battle-themed literature.

I advise anyone reading this: learn from that.

Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm

She thought it was good! Very Happy Yeah!

Oi Krious, you got beef again? I'll bring the meat!

Seriously though, I talk to Krious a lot, but a few simple PMs can do the trick. He wanted to do this Sherlock Holmes battle calculation, I just wanted to put things on fire and destroy stuff. We both did so and enjoyed the twists and turns. Talking happened as well, as Krious tried to find out what the hell has happened to his old friend.

''If a problem is a lock, then you just need to find the key. Finding it can be difficult if you don't know where to look or don't know how to look'' ~  (Old) Emblem Trailblazer, Accomplished Animagus of Elemental Magics

Still watching all of you from a distance, even after more then 6 years and 4 site versions...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Not to be mean Sim, but that wasn't really a defense. It just confirmed what I said in different ways lol.

And I'll say it again, I have no problem with you all being able to do all of that stuff at all. I was just saying basically, that Sliver's are probably as matched as both Titans teams together that's all by your decriptions of them. Sorry if it sounded accusing, my tone of voice can't be translated on I-net, but you'd find I meant it in a matter of fact kind of way. Not a and can you believe they can do this fashion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 am

Jak, I don't think she was trying to defend, I think she was trying to say we aren't as godly as you make us sound. O.o Don't really know how to put it into words, but the tone I'm getting from you is 'they're more powerful than us' when Simca's trying to say that we could be, but then so could you. The Slivers are slightly above you in that we have experienced members and are kind of more serious in our crime fighting. Not because we are more powerful.

No offence meant at all, and if I'm wrong, Simca or Krious say something please. ><

It really amuses me that a simple question has already turned into a debate. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 am

Just like I could stop the world cause if a electromagnetic shock is deep enough in theroy which could cause the earth hurtaling towards the sun or something like that if I rember correctly
Back to top Go down
"AJ"
Gamma-class Metahuman
Gamma-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Lance Moore
Code Name: Fissure

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 am

Thank you everyone for all the feedback on this. I now have a better understanding of this. But you guys can continue the 'debate', cause I find it very interesting on this topic.

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dea

RPG character
Name: Dea
Code Name: none

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 am

Dea could most certainly hold her own in any given discussion with those older than she was, but there were also times when Dea knew that silence was golden. Or perhaps, it was simply her mischievous nature that awakened from time to time to cause a little unexpected mishap upon the "older" kids....

Hearing all the voices amongst the discussion, Dea's small head peered around the corner to quickly size up everyone involved. She would most certainly be punished for this, but there's some things a seven year old just couldn't control... such as causing a little chaos for the sake of pleasing her arrogance.

The fingers to her left hand began to twitch as her amber eyes began to glow brighter. Within moments, the same fiery hue illuminated within her small hand which tingled with the growing fire within her palm. With a playful giggle, her hand shot out from around the corner of the wall to send several small sparks of fire across the room to set each and everyone's britches on fire! How she would've relished in watching their reactions and to see the revelation across their faces when they all discovered they were caught unawares by a simple child using the element of surprise

But although Dea was a daring little girl, she wasn't stupid. She ran for the exit of the thread as fast her feet could go and took to the sky to hide herself within the clouds....leaving anyone to hear her merry laughter echo within the wind....

ooc: I'm sorry! ^^ I just had to let her do it!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 am

^ Well thanks for taking the seriousness out of the conversation haha.

But ya, well that is just my take on the Slivers obviously it's open for debate a bit, but I pretty much view them as the Doom Patrol or the Outsiders. Just my opinion, doesn't have to be taken as fact maybe they're not uberly stronger powerwise, but that's just how I think you guys personally present them to us (IMO) But, as I've said you don't have to agree with me or take what I'm saying as fact, it's just my take on them.

[End/Debate]
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind

RPG character
Name: Krious Alistair
Code Name: Krious

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Emblem wrote:
For me, this Slivers are a bit more different then that. Do correct me if I'm wrong Krious/Simca.

The Slivers have the same goal as Titans, but aren't as willing in terms of open coöperation.

Correct, I just didn't want to go in on all the detail.

In the end it all comes down to what Simca already mentioned. Give each other a chance, don't be selfish in your posts and account for the other person that's RPing. No matter how powerful you are, our goal here is to have a balance. After a while I got to know how OP my powers actually were but I hold back on them as much as I can even if i don't like it. I think it's like that for all the Sliver and although I agree on the part that we've completed our titans life and moved on to the next level I don't consider us more powerful. Some of us do indeed have a lot more background to fall back to, as I, for instance, have over 2 years of character development.

Even though you say it's just your take on it, you don't make it sound like that.

Emblem wrote:

Be patient, I'm sure we'll figure out something soon :P

Simca
Captain
Captain

RPG character
Name: Simca Katapiete
Code Name: Swallow

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Emblem wrote:

*turns into Chibi Simca and jumps around*

Mwe wants in! Mwe wants in! >.< Goat-chwan nwever fiwished our wast fight. >.<

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a Sliver?   

Back to top Go down

What is a Sliver?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next