Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Arrival (Open)
Today at 2:21 am by Shadowwalker

» Duuuude (Noble Then Open)
Yesterday at 9:11 am by Energy

» A Forgotten Hero and an Unseen Threat. (Bloo/Private)
Yesterday at 5:53 am by Bloo

» Weaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 am by Bloo

» Jennifer Necowl
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:17 pm by Energy

» Testing out the minions (OPEN)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:38 pm by Fox

» The Shovel Men (open)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm by Bloo

» A bridge to nonsense [IG/Open]
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 am by Gwen

» Who has time?
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm by Dar

Top posting users this week
Divvie

Bloo

Energy

Shadowwalker

Top posting users this month
Energy

Megabot

Dar

Bloo

Fox

Tython

Noble

Pikazard

Silent Night

Sterling

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

Divvie, Hellbreaker, Shadowwalker

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Sterling

Hellbreaker

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

Lantern powers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Comicguy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Lantern powers   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 pm

I need help deciding the yellow lantern powers I should have for my character since I can only have 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Lantern powers   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Each character is allowed three powers with two sub-powers each. Coming up with three powers and two minor powers related to them should be easy for a Sinestro Corps member.

View user profile
Izzy
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Yang Xiaolong and Blake Belladonna
Code Name: Ranger/Blake
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Lantern powers   Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 pm

I think I'll take care of this one guys.

Hello, my name is Izzy. I've been a member of this site since October of 2012 (...Oh...I'm old...) and I'll do my best to help you with this, despite not being staff. Now before the reboot of the site where we took powers from 4 down to 3, I actually ran a lantern as my third character, a Star Sapphire named Izzy. We also had our resident Rain Bow as a Blue Lantern, as well as a former member running another named Mark. Those three were the only three lanterns at the time, and after the reboot we had all actually decided to drop the powers of a lantern. You may be wondering why is that, so I'll give you my personal views on the subject. First of all, what exactly makes a lantern a lantern?

A lantern possesses their power ring with a color focusing the energy of a certain color on the emotional spectrum, as any respectable comic fan is aware. With that being said, the ring is empowered by the presence of that emotion. The ring can then focus that energy into constructs, which is the most iconic lantern power, so you would want to take that. In addition to that the ring enables automatic flight. Again, to really be a lantern you would definitely want that, otherwise you're completely missing the point of being a lantern. From there...lets take a look at what a power ring can do. I'll even use Izzy's violet one as an example since it's technically the weakest of the bunch.

Hardlight Constructs
Automatic Flight
Super Strength
Super Durability
Environmental Adaptability
Universal Translator
Power Conduit AI
Limited Teleportation
Limited Mind Reading (In the case of Yellow)

As you can see, the list is pretty substantial. We then need to pick three from this. So lets say you picked Durability as the third power. Well that now gives you a considerable problem because your character won't be able to lift the constructs, which have shown to be EXTREMELY heavy the larger they get. Hence Hal being able to crush streets and buildings or enemies with his train constructs. If you chose strength, you're now a complete glass cannon, a la Green Lantern in Infinite Crisis. (Anyone play that? No? Huh...) And if you so much as get looked at the wrong way, you're gonna have a bad time.

Not to mention you're now missing quite a few of the things that make a lantern a lantern. You won't be able to survive in space. You won't be able to understand other lifeforms. You won't be able to perform deep space travel. You won't be able to enforce the laws of your emotion. It's really just a fight you cannot win, and that's why I personally chose to scrap Izzy. I hope this insight helps and if you have any questions, catch me in the chatbox or feel free to PM me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megabot
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Lantern powers   Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:01 am

I would like to add onto what Izzy said by mentioning that you're allowed to have 3 powers, and 2 sub-powers per one. We could also just call these "applications" of each power. Now since it's not your character who technically have these powers, there might be a small amount of wiggle room for you. But 9/10 times you're going to have your ring so bare that in mind also.

I would also like to point out that "exceptions" can be made for small, non-combative powers such as understanding other lifeforms. Unless they have an allergy to you speaking to them, I don't see why you would have to worry about using a slot or even a sub-slot for this. It's just silly. But if I'm wrong in that regard- then you're all silly.

Actually, you don't need Super Strength to be able to swing a giant green mace. It's all a matter of Willpower. The more power you put into what you're doing, the more powerful that action is. So since Yellow Lanterns use fear, becoming empowered by fear would grant you whatever level of superhuman strength or durability you may or may not need. And the same goes for the "weight" of any object you create. The more Fear you put into an object, the stronger it will be as a result. And I would like to assume that the makers of the rings foresaw the possibility that anyone using the ring wasn't superman, and any object they make would infact be light for the user but not their opponent. That is just an assumption though. Because otherwise EVERYONE would have to have super strength to even be able to create anything capable of causing any damage. And that would be very shortsighted .

So that's two more powers you don't have to worry about. Which leaves Teleportation (limited in use to avoid ninja dodging), flight, constructs, and the adaptability.

Since you're using a ring, and NO other powers, it's safe to assume you could get away with all of these but bare one thing in mind. Any power that is fueled by an emotion, or spiritual thing like the soul is very difficult to get a balance for. It's one thing to say you're durable enough to withstand bullets because science can tell us how hard said bullets will hit. But saying you can "gain enough fear" to throw a truck with your piss colored ring is pretty much impossible to gauge. What I mean by that is, is there really a limit as to how much fear you can generate on your own? The same goes for anger, sadness, anything Emotional pretty much. We do not have the means to determine how much of any of these things a single person can feel to generate enough power to do what they're trying to do.

Other then that, have fun :3

2/19/17[10:10:25]Mega: You Bloo it there [10:10:46]@ Bloo: Shut up
My Characters
Weaver: cornflowerblue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterling
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Lantern powers   Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:16 am

Props to you, Mega. You outlined everything I was trying to say much more definitively. Well done.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lantern powers   

Back to top Go down

Lantern powers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1