Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Vote_lcapJack Miller's Descent into Madness Voting_barJack Miller's Descent into Madness Vote_rcap 
Moon
Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Vote_lcapJack Miller's Descent into Madness Voting_barJack Miller's Descent into Madness Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Jack Miller's Descent into Madness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Empty
PostSubject: Jack Miller's Descent into Madness   Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:57 pm

This is one I did write, and will continue to do so.

PROLOGUE

Jack sat down at the terminal, drinking his twelfth cup of coffee in the past hour. Caffeine had never really had that much of an effect on him; yes, it gave him the energy he often needed for his little treks throughout the suburban and rural America, but even when he was sitting down, he never got hyperactive. He always wondered if it was a health condition, but no one in their right mind would go to see a doctor about it on his salary.

Jack began typing, but looked around for a bottle. "Pills. Pills, gotta find the damn- pills," he said, as he found the cliche orange plastic bottle right by the screen. Sighing, he took out two strange white tablets from the bottle, and put them down the hatch. He checked the blinds one more time before finally sitting down and composing.

"I think I know why we can't time travel."

He sighed, taking another sip of his coffee, wondering why he was typing this in the first place. No one would ever see it.

"Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Let's trust a guy who doesn't even know if all of his life is just one crazy dream after another with our criteria for time travel. But I'm not really addressing anyone with this, so screw you, gimme a chance."

He couldn't help but crack a smile at how silly this was; addressing somebody that would never read this. But then again, a lot weirder things had happened in his time here.

"Now I've heard it tossed around that time travel has to exist. Because here's the thing; time expands infinitely. And the other factor is that our technology is building exponentially. We're more advanced than we're supposed to be now than we thought we'd be ten years ago. Now sure, it's a bit of a stretch, but technology has to create time travel. We already know the fundamentals behind it, we just have yet to attain the means. And I don't think that the world is going to end soon enough for us not to attain those means."

"Ergo, the point is that time travel has to exist because the future exists. And the very point of a time machine is to go anywhere back in time- or forwards- to see what's going on. So time travel should exist already because there's no way some idiot in the future didn't come back to our time and screw up and lose the time machine. Chaos theory."

He tapped the keys without actually pressing them for a small moment.

"But I think I know why. Because while that's the basic goals of a time machine, the actual reason anyone would go back in time is to change a mistake they made in life. Be there that day to change their goldfish dying, or that lottery ticket, or that mugging, or that damned assassination."

"We aren't allowed to go back in time because it would change our suffering. People would constantly be going back in time to change their problems for the better, and there would be no misery in this world. No evil."
He looked at the blinds with a solemn glare as he typed without looking at the screen. "No darkness." He paused for a few moments, looking outside the window curiously, before returning to the console.

"My name is Jack Jay Miller. I'm twenty-two. What happened to me isn't important. What you need to know are two things: The past and the present. All you get of the past is that I'm the victim of a traumatic event. I'm not seeking revenge; but I could be lying if I said that I won't take a shot at him when I get the chance. It depends on how it ends up."

"The present is what I do: I hunt myths. I'd call myself the Mythbuster, but apparently that was taken."
He paused at how bad of a joke that was, shaking his head. "No regrets. But these aren't myths. They aren't urban legends. They're all real."

"And I'm living proof, but I'm sure they'll fix that soon."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix

PostSubject: Re: Jack Miller's Descent into Madness   Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 am

It works.

Pure and simple this is a good intro. You've got me hooked without delving into backstory. The theories involving time travel are thought-provoking without being cliché and flow well as dialogue. The asides aren't monosyllabic or repeated, and I especially like that we haven't discussed in intricate detail the colours of someone's eyes yet. We only know two things about your character and surprisingly I want to know more - that's crazy hard to do. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Jack Miller's Descent into Madness   Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:40 am

Thank you, but that only begs the question: does the fact that this story has little to nothing to do with travel make it more or less intriguing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Miller's Descent into Madness   Jack Miller's Descent into Madness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Miller's Descent into Madness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Fan Fictions-
Jump to: