Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Vote_lcapWalk and Talk (Izzy) Voting_barWalk and Talk (Izzy) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Walk and Talk (Izzy) Vote_lcapWalk and Talk (Izzy) Voting_barWalk and Talk (Izzy) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Walk and Talk (Izzy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Walk and Talk (Izzy) Empty
PostSubject: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:09 pm

An old man was walking around the neighborhood. It was a surprisingly crime-free day in Jump City, and everyone was out doing something fun.

Except for one teen age girl. She too, was walking, carrying a can of gasoline. Her motorcycle had run out of gas in a very unfortunate location, and it had been a long walk to get the gas. It would be an even longer walk back, thanks to the heavy gasoline.

The old man waved at the girl as their paths collided. "Hello there, young lady. Would you mind walking together? I don't often have anyone to talk to on these walks. In exchange for some conversation, I'd be happy to carry that gas can for you." The old man looked like his arm would fall off if he attempted to lift the can, much less carry it several miles.

But the old man had a secret, one that nobody would expect. The old man was actually Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade, the Lord of Chaos.

And she wanted to learn more about Yang. She knew that they had once been enemies, but that was all she knew. Jemmy was now an entirely different person. She had erased her memories of the last thousand years or so, and had no idea why she and Yang had ever been enemies. Perhaps through the use of this cunning disguise, she could find out.

"What might your name be, young lady?"
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Truth be told, a gas can was the least of Yang's worries. She worked out well enough that it was nothing to her. She couldn't believe she'd forgotten to get gas before she left, so now she had to cloak her stupid bike (which is WAY harder than it should be!) and come back for it later. She was muttering a few cuss words as she went until an old man stopped her.

"What, this?" She laughed a little awkwardly and swapped hands. Now the can seemed almost weightless to her because quite frankly, it was. Her left arm was superhuman, and the can didn't even come close to a fraction of what it was capable of.

"My name is Yang." She said, a bit surprised the man didn't recognize her. Tiberius had set her up as an icon to the people, although maybe it was more that he would recognize Ranger. Regardless, she didn't mind not being known for once. It was actually rather refreshing. "I guess I don't mind, so long as you don't care how far away my bike is. It broke down about a mile out from here."

Quite frankly she had planned on running back. With her enhanced speed and her current body condition, it would barely take her 5 minutes. But if someone was going to speak to her...why not right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm

"Yang? That name sounds familiar. Say, aren't you...my niece?" The old man shook his head. "No, that can't be. In any case, Yang, I don't mind walking a mile to your bike. I usually spend most of the afternoon walking. It's a simple pleasure, in a complicated age."

This girl had been Jemmy's enemy? She seemed so nice and polite right now. Jemmy wondered just what they could have possibly argued about.

"Everyone today seems to have something to complain about, but I like to look on the bright side of life. If you watch the News, you'd think the world was about to end. But tomorrow will always come again, as it always has. The flowers will still bloom, and the birds will still sing. Sure, bad things happen, but things would sure get boring if nothing ever went wrong."

The old man smiled at Yang. "So tell me. Everything about yourself, that is. What grade are you in at school? Who's your favorite teacher? What do your friends do together? What are your dreams for the future?"
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Oh christ...one of these people. "Well lets see...I'm seventeen years old and I graduated from college two years ago in Japan. I have a doctorate in Engineering and a Masters in Robotics, Programming and Metalwork." Basically, in short. She was Batman. End of story kiddos. Yang is Batman, case closed.

"And um...well I'm the current leader of the Teen Titans." She said finally. She wasn't sure if she was the leader officially these days, with everything so far thrown in the air, but she felt like she was the best cantidate for the job. She wanted to maintain it.

"So what me and my friends do basically equates to jumping through gunfire and explosions to save the innocent and so on and so forth in the pursuit of freedom and justice and stuff like that." She figured she would be recognized now. After all, she had spent the first chunk of this superhero career with no mask just using her real name. It wasn't her most closely guarded secret.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 am

Yang listed off her impressive accomplishments. At the age of 17, she knew more than most humans ever would. She also considered herself the current leader of the Teen Titans, which Jemmy was unsure about. The team had split recently, and it was hard to keep up-to-date with such things.

In any case, getting shot at and blown up for the sake of justice was inspirational.

"Why would you put yourself in harm's way, young lady? Even if you have super-powers, you don't need to fight the bad guys. I'm sure there are several meta-humans in Jump City who just live normal lives, sitting safe and sound behind a desk filing paperwork. No one will ever say they didn't do their duty as a citizen. I hope I don't sound unthankful. I'm glad that the Titans exist, and that they keep everyone safe. I just don't know why you would want to be one. What if some bad guy comes along who's too strong for you to beat?"
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:05 am

Boy...that's the million dollar question. "Well...I've always thought that people would do this stuff for fame, and I mean it's a nice perk..." The girl sighed. "My powers make me a glorified shield. It's what I can do for people. If I can use that and keep people alive, then I'm going to keep them alive. I just want to help people."

Yang didn't sound entirely sure of herself honestly. Was there something else to this whole hero thing? Even if not for her, for the others? Things are weird man...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:04 pm

OOC: The website won't give me access to code. I was therefore unable to color Jemmy's text. My apologies.

BIC:
The old man stroked his chin. "Fame? Yes, I can certainly understand that. I used to be quite famous, back in my day. But that's another story. It's a good thing that your morals are so strong in you. Many people turn to crime in search of fame. When I think about it, I wonder how similar people like you and I are to self-proclaimed supervillains." The old man shuddered. "I've heard many opinions on this, but I've never had the pleasure of asking a Teen Titan. Do you think when someone turns evil, that they can never turn good again? I'm not talking about bank robbers or people who snapped after a bad day. Is there any hope of redemption for a hardened criminal?"

The man chuckled. "I don't mean to ask too many questions. It's just...it's not every day you get to meet a Teen Titan."
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 am

Yang was silent for the entire question and for a good bit after that. "In all honesty? It's not my call, my opinion doesn't matter." She felt like that was the safest answer to give, and it didn't give that much away. "If someone wants to change, they can do it. Just like when they first turned to darkness...but they have to actually put the effort into it, ya know? It's not as simple, but you can recover from the crimes you commit."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Yang said that it wasn't up to her. Interesting. Did she simply follow orders and accept that someone was reformed when they were said to be by her higher ups? No, the old man realized as Yang continued that she was talking about each individual. It was up to them to redeem themselves. Yang seemed to think of criminals as...people. What a novel thought. In any case, the man was pleased with the answer.

The old man held out a hand and a ribbon materialized in it, connected to a red balloon. It was time to reveal the game. "There was once a girl named Shivering Jemmy. She did some bad things. Eventually, she started to feel guilty for those bad things. But a Lord of Chaos does not deal well with regret."

The old man transformed into a little girl in a red dress. Her bright blue eyes looked up at Yang, innocently. "So I erased my memory. I decided to start over. And now my conscience is clean. I don't know why we you were enemies with the old me, Yang, but I hope that you can be friends with the new me."
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:30 pm

When Yang saw the balloon, she was instantly ready to take it out entirely. She knew exactly what was going on here and she got on guard, activating her gauntlets and...eh? Jemmy wasn't going to attack her? She didn't totally drop her guard, but enough that she could show Jemmy that she wasn't going to punch a hole through her head. "Erased, huh?" Yang had read plenty on the Lords of Chaos since her previous run in with Shivering Jemmy, and even then she had read a ton on her. From what she had found, the story wasn't that huge of a stretch. The books had depicted Jemmy as a heartless monster with no emotion or care for human life, but after her previous encounter with the girl that notion had been proven wrong. Faced with eternal imprisonment, Jemmy had shown fear. Toward Bow and the others, she had shown compassion. It wasn't a huge stretch of the imagination to say she had in fact had a change of heart. And now the girl was left to make a choice with the thoughts flying through her head at a mile a minute. Would she accept this new Jemmy or destroy that balloon right now and handle this?

She sighed. "...Alright, look, um...I appreciate the whole memory wipe to have a change of heart or whatever and uh...I don't mind I suppose considering you never really broke our deal...so I suppose that maybe I can let this one go.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 2:21 am

Yang was instantly ready for battle. She was like a trained assassin or something, ready at all times for any situation. That was cool, but also intimidating when you were in the cross hairs of that hairline trigger. A morbid sense of curiosity made Jemmy wonder who would actually win in a fight between the two of them.

But if there was one thing Jemmy had learned recently, it was that you had to pick your battles. Fighting Yang just for the fun of it could get in the way of future chaotic plans. Jemmy just smiled back, though her smile was a bit more genuine once the gauntlets were no longer aimed at her.

She tilted her head when Yang mentioned a deal. "I'm sorry, I don't remember any sort of deal. Memory wipe and all that. I hope it wasn't anything important. Care to share?"

After hearing the answer, Jemmy would continue walking. They still had quite a distance before they reached the bike, after all. "I wanted to make a new deal with you, if that is okay. As the Lord of Chaos, I have an important job to do. This means that I will be doing...stuff. I'm probably going to step on a lot of people's toes. I want you to treat me according to my current actions, not by things I've done in the past. That would make things a lot less confusing for me."

Jemmy smiled. "I would also appreciate it if we could form a contract. Now don't freak out. I don't want to eat your children or anything. If it ever happens that we don't see eye-to-eye, I'd rather not have to resort to real violence. Pretend violence is just fine, though. Here's the deal: when we fight, no hurting the balloon. In return, I will use attacks that can't hurt you, like foam swords. When one of us gets hit 3 times, that person will be "knocked out," essentially surrendering for the duration of the situation. That way, we can still disagree on stuff, we can still fight, but neither of us has to actually get hurt. What do you think?"

There was no way to enforce this contract. It would be an entirely honor-based system. However, both Jemmy and Yang knew that as soon as one of them broke the contract, the other would also be free to use deadly force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walk and Talk (Izzy)   Walk and Talk (Izzy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walk and Talk (Izzy)
Page 1 of 1