Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Simulated Danger (Flux) Vote_lcapSimulated Danger (Flux) Voting_barSimulated Danger (Flux) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Simulated Danger (Flux) Vote_lcapSimulated Danger (Flux) Voting_barSimulated Danger (Flux) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Simulated Danger (Flux)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire
Villain or good guy?: Good

Simulated Danger (Flux) Empty
PostSubject: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:12 am

Hotwire let out a strong gasp. Just as Flux stepped onto the simulator floor, the whole thing shut down. But the ocean floor and the fish weren't all... there was no flux either. Somehow the she had been digitized along with the entire simulation! But... that was impossible! He didn't have any technology that could accomplish complete digitization.

He ran to the wall and attempted to access the holoprojector... but as soon as he did, it sparked up at him. As he stood up in the darkness of the simulator, he realized that his inability to access it could mean only one thing. There was an AI of some sort controlling it.

"This... is not good." He said. "Flux! Can you hear me?" He yelled as he approached the door and tried to force them open. He couldn't figure out squat from where he was. He had to get back to his room. It was the only place with tech not connected to the central computer. That had to be where the AI was.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character
Name: Sophie A. Michaels
Code Name: Galvora

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 am

Flux picked up a trash can lid and a crowbar she'd found in the debris of the alleyway, but knew already that standing and fighting this... this thing was a losing proposition. There was just no.. way. Not without her powers. But a voice came to her - her communicator? It was still working...? That was at least something! She had to shout to be heard though.

"Hotwire! Am I glad to hear you! Hey, I can't see you, my powers are gone, and there's a gigantic -- HOLY CRAP!" she squeaked, and managed to duck just as a huge clawed hand swiped inches from her face. She brought the shield up, sending the thing's swing a bit off course, and delivered a couple sound blows with her crowbar, making horrible noises with its bones, then danced back as its other claw came around. It was faster than her, and was about to pounce.

"--- A demony lookin' old lady thing thats trying to freakin' kill me! I need backup!"

Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am

Hotwire pushed through the doors just as Flux got through to him. “I think I get it…” He muttered. “Yeah. I can see why you’re powers aren’t working. Currently you don’t exist. Your physical form has been destabilized, and your mental state is being stored in the simulator circuits.” He explained. “It’s the only thing that could explain what happened. You disappeared the moment you set foot in the simulator.” He grumbled as he ran down the hallway.

“We’ve been infiltrated. Some sort of AI got into our systems.” He said. “I can take it on, but you’ll be on your own for a bit. Once I get to my room, I can probably hack enough to drop you some help.” He said. “But I’ll have to get to the central computer core to expunge the AI.” He said.

He got to the elevator shaft and tried to force those doors as well. Whatever was hacking them hadn’t gotten to the elevator controls yet. He managed to at least get to the living quarters. He stumbled out into the hallways as the lights began to flicker.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Flux cursed a little under her breath, something about puppy sandwitches, and shook her head as she backed away from the demony old lady looking thing, crowbar and trashcan lid at the ready of defense.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me..." She muttered, heart roaring in her ears. She swallowed, it felt as though the gulp had creaked like a hinge. "This thing is gonna kill me! Please hurry up alot!" she managed to croak, and met the thing's eyes as it rose.

Contempt, malign intellect, and cruelty met her stare, and the demon began to gather momentum in a charge. She just had to do the same thing again, right? She made to do just that, jinking at the very last second. But this time, it simply put its hand into her path, locked its talons on her neck, an brought her towards its face.

At this point, Flux stuck the crowbar in its eye.

The demon howled, bellowed like a bull in distress, and let her go hurriedly to clutch at its damaged face and eye as it screamed in agony! Flux wasted no time - she bolted, tossing away the stupid shield as she made her way for the exit of the alleyway. There was a fence in her way, but she bounded to the wall, ran a couple steps along it, then bounded like a gazelle over top the eight foot fence.

Wait, what?!

She'd never ever have been able to do that before. Well... She wasn't gonna question it now. She made for the row of cars some distance away. Maybe now the 1000hours or so she'd logged into GTC VI would come in handy? The game had been bought against her father's better judgement because he thought it would make a criminal of her or something, but who was laughing now?

She hopped onto the hood of one of the cars, and stomped her way through the windshield. She shifted herself into the driver's seat... And began pulling at wires as the car's alarm wailed. She glanced up. No sign of the demon. Now how did this go again...? She'd seen it done a couple times now... But she used her teeth to stip a couple of the wires on the old honda, and set to work.

She glanced up again. The demon was just climbing down from the fence, its burning gaze locked on her!

"Come on... Come on come on...!" she pleaded, and the car began to shake with the demon's footfalls. She glanced up again - it was growing?! The girl's hands were shaking as she worked the starter, sweat stung her eyes, but as the monster drew within ten feet, the engine turned over, and she let out a cry of jubilation!

"Yesssss! Hi ho SILVAH!" she cried, threw it in drive, and slammed on the gas, only narrowly evading the hoof that would have pancaked the car. In short order, the demon was a vanishing dot behind her.

=========

Waiting for hotwire at the top of the elevator was... A trio of hulking figures, only just barely illuminated by the emergency lights. They sat on treads, each nearly nine feet tall with sinister-monocular glowing gazes and four arms each. Two had buzzsaw blades... But the other two arms on each? They had nozzles... Complete with little pilot lights. They didn't offer any preamble - they just opened up on Hotwire with a sextet of flamethrowers, spewing incandescent goo at him!

Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Hotwire’s gaze fell on three robots. Just great. Whatever this was hadn’t gotten into the elevator because it was busy getting into his robotics lab. It was making countermeasures to prevent resistance rather than aiming for immediate complete takeover. But given the time… he didn’t want to that about it.

Flux was counting on him, and he couldn’t mess this up. The others were away, so it was up to him. Fortunately, as his parts and components went into the bots, he was able to find a couple weak points. These robot's connection to the AI was too far for him to access it remotely. It seemed to have a maze of devices and subsystems set up between him and remote access to the core. He could try to find his way through the maze, or take the time to jump right to where he knew the center was.

Getting to the center seemed like the best bet. However, even then, he needed to give Flux as much of a chance as he could. And to do that, he had to get past these robots. He found a good weakness. A joint in one of its saw arms. It looked like he could control that. It immediately swung and chopped one of the flamethrowers off the one in the middle. He had dove down and then jumped up at the little opening.

The robot in the middle swung at him with the saw. He then implemented the second weakness: the robots’ tank treads. As it tried to swing at him, hotwire made it’s tank treads go into overdrive. It overshot it’s swing, and buried its blade into the bot on the left, who was turning to face the others. It took a hard slice right into it’s center. It’s eyes flickered before going dead. Hotwire then locked the middle one’s tank treads.

There was one more to go. He found it’s weakness. He could open it’s gasoline valves. The robot drove around it’s fallen comrades and tried to torch hotwire. It didn’t work. Weird. It then rose it’s saw to cut at him. Hotwire just smiled as it’s saw began to chink up. With a snap of his fingers, the whole thing blew up, taking out the middle one.

“I love robots.” He said forcing his way into his room. He began to gather some technology, transmitters, conduits, and all sorts of devices floated in the air around him, re-configuring just how he wanted them to. He plugged the machine into the wall and waited. Soon it would light up with a *Ding*

He began to type.

*Ding*

The sound would appear to come out of nowhere for Flux. A small holographic device about the size of her communicator appeared in the seat next to her. A small injector appeared as well. The holodevice lit up, and hotwire appeared before her.

"I don't have much time. This little hack will let me talk to you through the program for a minute or two. This injector should be able to take some of the locks out of the program for you. It should trick the system into recognizing who you are and what your powers constitute. You should be able to use them." He explained.

"I'm heading to the central computer core to look at it's radio-emmiters. I should be able to find a way for you to get out of there that way. Good luck flu-" he said before cutting out.

Last edited by Hotwire on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Flux grabbed the injector as it materialized, staring, deadpan, at it as she concentrated on her driving. Oh. Oh joy. Oh wonderous joyful doom, how lucky could a girl get? She freaking hated needles. Oh well. She would do what heroes did - She would take action. She glanced behind her at the rear view mirror as she drove on, and discovered suddenly that the demon was not only hot on her trail... but she'd become some kind of... monster truck! And that was just the right wording!

It had huge tires the size of VW beetles, and a spiked, gleaming, glowing red steel frame with a bull's skull in front in prime ramming position like something out of a punk car designer's dread perdition - the monster truck from hell! She only just managed to swerve and avoid one titanic tire, but it sent her into an uncontrolled spin. The Honda's wheel hopped the curb once, but the defensive driving course her dad had made her take took over and instincts kicked in, all in one go. She countersteered and accelerated, bringing the car under control quickly, arm lifting on automatic with the injector in hand. She faced the monster truck, threw the car into reverse, and slammed the injector into her belly, flooring the old vehicle as she threw the plunger.

But it had problems too - Bumping the curb had made her wheel go funny, and the scream of metal on concrete told her that she wasn't making incredible headway on acceleration. She would need to abandon the Honda, soonest, unless she wanted to end up as a sticky digital stain on the pavement. So, she took a cue from Bruce Willis and set the vehicle into a spin... then stepped out of the car, striding purposefully forward.

It shouldn't have worked. In a reasonable world, it wouldn't have either... but she knew it would work, felt it in her bones or whatever she had now... and it did - the car spun out of control and flipped as it hit the curb again... and she was unscathed as a dramatic explosion sounded off behind her.

Really? Seriously? That just happened? Apparently it had, because it whipped her blue-black hair across her face dramatically and kept her gaze trained on the demonic monstertruck as it rounded on her. It charged, engine roaring... but before she could even think to dodge, to throw herself out of the way, its front left tire blew out, and it careened madly, smashing into a building. Flux took this as her cue, and bolted.

As she ran, she tried to call upon her powers... tried to change her shape, tried to become her old self again! A year or so ago she'd have wanted to stay human after this... but that wouldn't help Hotwire. That wouldn't save her hide. That wouldn't deal with the situation. Human Flux was just... no good.

Each footfall saw her feel heavier and heavier, until she collapsed, suddenly short of breath. She put her hand to her belly - it hurt... alot. Stupid realistic program... but she remembered how sick she'd gotten when her powers were first coming in. She was experiencing it in a condensed version from memory, she bet... ALL OVER AGAIN. Oh, joy.

Last edited by Neverwinter on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Hotwire ran back to the elevator, prepared to go up two floors to the computer core. But when he opened the doors to the shaft, the shaft was empty.

"This just keeps getting better. He said. He knew the layout of the shaft pretty well. There was a ventilation duct half a floor down that would lead to a crawlspace in the ceiling to the floor above his destination. Easier to go down than up in this case. He picked out his grapple and shot it up at a pipe a couple floors up. The hook wouldn't pull him up, but the cable was strong enough to hold him and let him swing.

He lowered himself down to the shaft, and floated a pocket lazer in front of him, burning the hinges off the shaft. Crawling in, he made his way up. Son he was in the room he needed. It was a sort of rec room of sorts.

"Almost there."
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:15 am

There was another roar behind her, and Flux, sweating and gasping for breath on the ground, struggled to master herself, to get the Slime under her power again, her will focusing entirely upon the task at hand. Hand... hers was turning blue... it was melting, becoming a puddle on the pavement. Her knees were suffering as similar fate, but he pain was fading. Soon her whole vision went blue and she sat up, screaming to the sky as her mutation remanifested itself.

"I'm not some simpering GIRL!" she screamed, and shot her hand out, gripping one wall of the building, her arm sagging bonelessly, stretching to lose all shape. She tensed it, and it became elastic upon command. Controlling herself... it was hard... just like the first time... but she was getting the hang of it.

"I'm not a victim!" she bellowed in defiance, and seemed to grow as bones and muscles disseminated, became more goo for their density. She felt the blue rising up her neck, and the pain was unbearable.

"I am FLUX!" and it overtook her entirely at last, just as the truck hit the far end of the alleyway, powering through masonry and rebar reinforcement, the Honda, and what someone would have thought was safety. It hit her too, and she flowed like water with the impact, rippling. It'd stunned her half a second, but she was treated to the shocked expression on the demon's face in the driver's side as she thrust a tentacle through his windshield, and threw him savagely from the vehicle with an elastic TWANG!

The demon hit the pavement, bouncing on his head once before he flipped to his front, and caught himself on three legs. There was a gash on his forehead, and his eyes weren't fully recovered, his visage a sheet of blood... and he was not grinning anymore.

"Ztupid CHILD! HOW! ZAT IZ NOT POZIBLE!" it roared, and opened its mouth wide. A beam of white-hot flame lanced out like a physical force, lashing across the hood of the monster truck. It exploded into a fireball, but Flux threw herself into the air, riding the pressure wave while keeping one elasticated tentacle on the structure's roof to keep from being an easy target for the demon. Sure enough he tracked her movement with his fire beam, and she YANKED hard with elastic tension, barreling into him with her full body weight, bouncing him into the pavement elastically... and them SLAMMED him with one of the monster truck's flying wheels.

"FORE! she screamed, as he hurtled head over foot through the air, clearly dazed.

Then... something happened that the girl could not believe. He... stopped. Midair. Simply by throwing his arms and legs out and... laughing. It was like he had no momentum at all - he just ceased needing to obey physics.

Right. Not real. Computer simulation. He didn't need to play fair - he had reality on his side. But there was one thing here... that he did not control. Her. And this wasn't his playground, either - the computer still had to maintain some rules about the environment or it would collapse. She wasn't sure what would happen to him if the environment failed around them, but she guessed it would be fairly bad. So, he probably wasn't breaking the game entirely - he was just tweaking things.

"Tell me gorl. Haff you ever played ze child game? Ze floor.. it iz lava!" he said, and gestured down at her dramatically. The ground grooooaned, and split, revealing red light. The pavement was VERY hot, and the thermals in the vent that had just opened were insanely hot, flashing a bit of her to steam instantly. She squeaked, and leapt, sticking to one of the buildings, and watched as the ground cracked, began to break up, and melt. Everything was shaking. Wide eyed, Flux spared a thought to look up at the villain she was fighting - and BOY wasn't she glad she had! He was growing... billowing outward, one foot landing in magma, then the other, and he sank to the waist in the stuff, unperturbed by the heat as it spread up his form.

Simulated Danger (Flux) Fire_demon-wallpaper-800x600_zps520601c2

"Ze boy. Yeeez... it vos za boy. Hotvire... hmhmhmhmhm... Zeemz you are kvite the resourceful little minx. the gigantic horror rumbled, his voice an oddly pleasant basso tremor that shook the air a bit.

"You suck - you know that? A real evil oogie-boogie woulda fired his mouthbeam of doom already. Noob!" Flux called up at him, and fury crossed the creature's face as he opened wide and...!

"I just had to run my mouth, didn't I...!"

Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Hotwire made his way back to the shaft. Fortunately, the elevator itself was stopped on the floor below. He simply dropped down onto the lift, and forced open the entrance. After a short jaunt down rows of coolant tanks and pipes, he came to a door. Bursting through it, he was in the computer room. It was fairly big, the size of a small home. He ran to the computer and began trying to find the AI in the system.

Soon he found it. A strong surge of power streaming into a large memory bank. That must be where the AI was running the simulation. Apparently, since it was putting computing power into taking over the rest of the base, it didn't have complete control over the memory simulation. Good for him.

As the creature began to advance on her, with it's mouth open, it became clear it was probably going to fire on her... at least until a small blue light appeared on his head. It would spread over him as he would slow. The light would spread onto the ground, as the magma hardened. And so would the giant creature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simulated Danger (Flux)   Simulated Danger (Flux) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simulated Danger (Flux)
Page 1 of 1