Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Vote_lcapNothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Voting_barNothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Vote_lcapNothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Voting_barNothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)    Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:58 am

“THANK YOU,” Backlash responded sarcastically when Dr. Gray had finally found her whips and given them to her charge. “Now, you go after the werewolf. Be kind. It’s definitely a monster, but there’s also a girl in there somewhere.” Gray stared at Backlash for a little while, a look of disbelief worn like a banner, but not at the notion of ‘being kind’ to the werewolf––it was the fact that the Polish super-teen actually seemed to give a damn about someone other than herself. Someone who had tried to kill her, no less. “Oh, just get the hell out of my sight. I’m not a freaking unicorn, so stop staring at me like I am!”

“Right,” Gray replied half-heartedly. “And what are you going to do in the meantime? I’m going to take a wild guess and assume it’s not teleporting back to S.T.A.R.”

Shaking her head softly, the girl seemed at lost for words, a rare occurrence that made Dr. Gray very uncomfortable. “I’m going to go fight a giant red goo monster with a fondness for using architecture as weapons,” she finally said, and stood up with a wince and a litany of curse words as Gray left to find the werewolf. Backlash glanced at Giuseppe Amici one more time to share some parting words before leaving him to die. “You’re a @!*#ing idiot, Amici. You crossed the line, even for a dirty scumbag like you,” she told the Italian Mob boss, “even with all your power and your wealth and your connections, you’re going to die here, in what’s left of your own house. Ciao, principessa.

With that, Backlash deployed her lightning whips and follow the golem’s trail of destruction, grumbling about how she needed to be paid for this kind of work and that she probably needed some supernatural insurance. But what the girl saw upon arriving at the newest scene of carnage put her grumblings to rest. The goo knight had been toppled over by the blood-soaked and very exhausted werewolf. It took only seconds for the awful realisation that the werewolf would most likely die in the next few minutes or so to fuel Backlash with a red-hot hatred that drove her to charge madly toward both of the creatures, eyes literally turning crimson as her once-white hair did the same. The lightning she harnessed also took on a red hue, signaling Backlash’s loss of all reasoning and control. She struck the goo beast fast and hard, using both her obsidian chain-blades and the highest voltage she could produce to slice off the head the uncanny foe. She figured that the blades might not do too much damage, but the extreme heat from the lightning had the potential to destroy its chemical makeup.

–––––

Meanwhile, out of Backlash’s line of sight, Dr. Brooklyn Gray had crept up behind the werewolf, her gun aimed at one of its hind legs. When Backlash had radioed in that she was fighting a werewolf, Gray had filled the barrel of a high-calibre gun with a barrage of silver bullets. Two of them were fired, one at the thigh and one at the calf of the beast, fast and true and merciless. Gray prided herself on being one of the best shots at S.T.A.R., but she wasn’t too proud of what she really intended on doing with the werewolf: take it back to her employer for research and testing––alive, but close enough to death that it could be wrangled into a proper containment facility. “Sorry, Kat,” she muttered before sending a relay to S.T.A.R. that they should be expecting a rather large and nasty arrival very, very soon. “You have your business, I have mine.”
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character
Name: Sophie A. Michaels
Code Name: Galvora
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)    Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:06 am

Galvora felt the world swim all around her. She was losing the thread - she was losing control, her rage bleeding away slowly. But... but she hadn't killed Amici yet... She hadn't gotten her revenge. She felt so hungry... so tired... The massive shewolf, after knocking the golem into the house felt her arms go lax at her sides, dragging a little along the ground. Her breath escaped her in gusts of hot steam, her body shaking more and more. She was... exhausted. Her aches had aches. But still she steeled herself, even as the Golem began to rise from the wreckage.

Sophie snarled her defiance, but she was too tired to notice the sniper taking aim, too soaked in blood to scent the new female in the area. And when Backlash came up, mayhem in mind, her full attention was occupied by the polish teen's assault on the... giant?! She wasn't... she wasn't trying to stop her? She was helping? It didn't make sense at all!

---

The gigantic golem freaked out from the moment those whips touched it, wrapped around its 'neck'. The monster began to steam almost instantly, grew translucent, and lost cohesion - it was rapidly deteriorating as the electricity disrupted its core - which became readily visible as a black, skull-shaped object inside its center mass. The object's jaws opened in a silent, wordless scream before dissolving in the heat. That complete... the golem's head came off with ease, flashed into water, and the whole thing dissolved into a boiling, foul-smelling red tide of liquid that evaporated around Kat into a cloud almost instantly.

---

Then... the world exploded. White hot pain flooded the shewolf's body as the first bullet tore through the flesh of her thigh. The white pain flared once more, and that same leg's calf was torn open like a ripe melon. She made a sound she had not made yet in the entire course of the assault: The werewolf screamed in agony as she crumpled to the ground, flopping to her side... on the site of her first silver injury. Her bellow of pain was abruptly cut short, and the wind was knocked out of her entirely.

No... no! Sophie convulsed in the grass, blood gushing from her new injury and the old one, pain overwhelming all thought, all sense. She fought - she really did. She even managed to turn in the grass towards the direction she'd heard the gunshot from... and saw Grey. She opened her mouth to roar her defiance, to let her know that death was coming...

... but even moonlight couldn't let her cope. She felt... no strength left in her. All that came out was a hoarse hiss of fury. Hate softened. She was... she lost it. Sophie reached out towards Gray, and then... the world went black. She'd simply lost too much blood. She'd endured too much. The silver was the bane of her kind, and she'd not endured one shot, nor two - but three. The monster, after killing fifty men, finally fell. Maybe it was anticlimactic that as the monsterous form shrank away that it wound up as a... frankly tiny girl, no older than sixteen, no taller than five feet. She still convulsed, little invoulentary sounds escaping the white-haired youth's blood-soaked, pain-wracked form as she curled in tighter and tighter upon herself, into a fetal position in the cool grass in a pool of her own blood.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)    Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:19 pm

“Yeahhhhh!” Backlash yelled triumphantly when as the golem dissipated, “science triumphs again! Not so big and mighty now, are ya?” she laughed, exhausted and drained but finally satisfied with something from this insane escapade. Her hair and eyes faded from the bright crimson colour to their natural white as her rage subsided, and retracting her whips once more, she bent down to stare at the freakish black skull. She wanted tried to pick it up, but it had already dissolved before she could do so. Probably for the better––Backlash had enough excitement for one night, and even if she was able to get her hands of the black cranial bone, Gray would have most likely confiscated it. Boring, tight-@!*#%* Dr. Brooklyn Gray. Fun-sucker extraordinaire.

But like so many of her emotions, Backlash’s time to be happy about her victory was cut short when she heard the sound of a yell––no, a ripping, terrifying scream that permeated the full-moon night, the final battle-cry to sound after all was said and done, killed and wounded. Turning heel so quickly toward it, Backlash dropped her whips and her guard. Dr. Brooklyn Gray––boring, tight-@!*#%* Brooklyn Gray had just shot the werewolf TWICE, and with silver-bullets, no-less. The ghastly ammunition that Backlash once sorely wanted and needed had become villainous, murderous plot devices that made her let out her own scream and tackle Gray, eyes filled with hot tears. “You dumb@*#!” she wailed angrily, “I told you to be nice. I told you not to kill it!” She threw a dirty punch at Gray, which landed directly between the doctor’s eyes. Her nose flooded with blood that gushed from the broken thing. “I didn’t kill it, Katarzyna,” she said weakly, spurting blood as it reached her lips. “Look. It’s not a werewolf anymore. We need to get her to S.T.A.R. for medical treatment.”

Backlash turned and looked at where the werewolf once was, and a young girl now lied. So, Gray had actually told the truth for once. The Polish super-teen approached the poor, bloody girl and knelt down to observe what damage had been done. She pulled the two silver bullets from their fleshy target using her magnesis, crushed them once they had reached her palm, and made Gray’s gun fly toward her to experience the same fate.  “You’re so stupid,” Backlash whispered, but it was unclear to whom she was talking to––herself, or the girl, or to Gray, or everyone. Regret ran through her blood, turning it cold and heavy and pained. Dr. Gray soon joined her, taking out her field medical kit. “No!” Backlash practically screamed. “No! You’ve done enough damage. Get away from her. I don’t trust you, you stupid wench!”

“But Katar––” Gray began.

“DON’T CALL ME THAT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE MY REAL NAME. YOU’RE CARELESS AND CRUEL AND SELF-SERVING!” Backlash retorted, tears starting up again. She wiped them away vehemently before scooping the severely injured girl up into her strong arms. Even with their body sizes being about the same and the wound that burned and hurt something fierce, Backash lifted and carried the girl with ease. “I––I’ll take her to a hospital. Or––or back to my apartment,” she stammered, but already knew a lost cause even as it left her lips. “I don’t want her to go with you. You nearly killed her!”

“And so did you, Backlash!” Gray retorted. “Get over yourself and your trust issues and teleport us back to S.T.A.R. It will be the fastest way. You want to save her, right?”

Those words struck a chord in Katarzyna, and with a heavy sigh and an apologetic look at the young girl, she held her a little bit tighter to try and calm her shaking body. “Shh, shh,” she whispered, and tucked a strand of white hair behind the girl’s ear. “You’re going to be okay. I’m on your side. Amici is dead. You won, kiddo. We won.” Backlash nodded to Gray when the doctor handed her a whip, and using one of the few remaining light fixtures that loomed nearby, the Polish girl teleported the once-werewolf and herself to S.T.A.R. Labs, leaving Gray to find her own means to get back and wonder what this ‘Amici’ guy had done to deserve the wrath of two ultra-powerful super-beings.

“So much for this being nothing more than superstition,” Gray sighed, stood, and radioed in for the final time that fatal and fateful night. “They’re both on their way. Get Backlash out of the way as soon as you can; she’s got a bone to pick with us. And get the were-child immediate medical attention and a confinement cell. But listen to me and take my advice as gospel: be kind... to both of them.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)    Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:34 pm

FIN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)    Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing More Than Superstition (Neverwinter)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2