Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Dead Master (Finished) Vote_lcapDead Master (Finished) Voting_barDead Master (Finished) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Dead Master (Finished) Vote_lcapDead Master (Finished) Voting_barDead Master (Finished) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Dead Master (Finished)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Dead Master (Finished) Empty
PostSubject: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 pm

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."

Cain Michael Alabaster

Dead Master (Finished) %5Banimefullfights.com%5D+fires_of_my_soul_manga_poker_green_hair_anime-hd-wallpaper-708963
Dead Master (Finished) CC-Vector-III
Dead Master (Finished) Big_thumb_8a7cd5f7d7f4e9d2051ca6e394b8385e

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Cain Michael Alabaster (Seras Allison Alabaster)
Nickname(s): Sera
Codename: Dead Master
Alias(es): Seras Alabaster, Michael Alabaster, Cain Alabaster, the Bird of Hermes, the Alchemist, Dead Master
Classification: Sorceress/Lich, Necromancer
Affiliation: Neutral Good

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Green normally, black when tapping into her necromancy powers
Eye Color: Cain has a case of heterochromia, meaning each of her eyes holds a different color as opposed to the same colors. Her right eye is a light shade of red and a dark shade of green. When she taps into her necromancy powers, they instead both glow a dark green.
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110
Other Traits: Cain usually wears punk clothes, wearing arm warmers that are made up of white and black checkered designs, a black band t-shirt, and some black jeans. The jeans are usually accompanied by a belt with a Union Jack buckle.

When Cain is on patrol, her hair becomes black, and both of her eyes become green. She wears a black dress with leggings, and black leather boots. Her hair becomes adorned with black horns, that seem like skeletal spinal structures in comparison. Her dress has long sleeves that introduce black, clawed, armored gloves that cover her hands entirely. These also resemble skeletal structure. In addition, the Staff of Hermes becomes the Scythe of Hades. It has no other special powers.

===POWERS===

Powers:

Necromancy-
Cain has become a lich by accident, for her father's old friend has tricked her into a necromancy spell. This has replaced all of her game powers with necromancy powers, and she is now technically undead. This means she is immortal, but she can be bashed and hacked apart. Cain has the power to bring back the dead and control them. They don't have all neurological functions, and so probably won't react much other than what Cain makes them do, but if they were strong willed in life then they might slip out a few words.

Cain can revive simple corpses, but her main focus is actual characters (Heroes and villains) of Jump City. She can only revive and maintain two of these characters at a time.

Immortality: She is immortal, but she can be bashed and hacked apart. The way it works is this. Once Cain taps into her necromancy, she shifts into her necromancy form. If Cain dies in this form, she cannot resume her human one, and will be dead until the sun rises. When this happens, she cannot resume her human form until she drains enough energy to restore herself to normal.

Energy Drain: Her power is now necromancy. This means she can drain life force with a touch, but perhaps not as fast as an expert energy drainer who prioritizes in the kind of thing. If she were to latch onto a person for an extended period (Maybe ten, fifteen, twenty minutes), she could probably drain their very soul, but her morals would prevent her from doing so. This is how she accomplishes bringing the dead back from the grave.

Martial Arts Mastery- Cain has extensive training in martial arts, including Wushu, Karate, and Shotokan. She can be pretty brutal with her form, too.

Sub-power: Weapons Training- Cain also has extensive training in many weapons, and while she has only mastered a few of them, she is very well trained in almost every one there is.

Sub-power: Peak Condition- Cain is in peak physical condition. She keeps herself in shape and is capable of extraordinary feats. She can jump at least eight feet into the air from a standstill. She can make a 300 lb punching bag hit the ceiling with a kick, and break a 150 lb punching bag with the same method. She can make a punch connect in five hundredths of a second from three feet, and eight hundredths of a second at five. Bottom line, she can do amazing things that are still human. (This is legit, Bruce Lee could do all these things and more. So can Cain)

Skills: Magic, alchemy, martial arts, close combat, strategy, tactics, acting, wordplay, weapons, chemistry, freerunning, parkour, and concealing her true self.

Weaknesses: Nth metal, anti-magic properties. Without her magic, Cain is simply a martial artist. This would only prevent her from manipulating souls, however. If she already has zombies/minions in play, it won't affect them.

This is more of an OOC weakness, but she can't revive characters who aren't dead. Obviously.

Her "zombies" also retain all their weaknesses from life.

Holy magic. Holy magic severely burns her while she's in her lich form, and if she's killed by holy magic, she dies for good. This also applies to her "zombies", but as long as she survives, she can restore them later. In her human form, she doesn't suffer from holy magic any more than another human being would.

Equipment: Staff of Hermes- A family heirloom, Cain stole this from her father when she moved to Jump. Rumor has it that this is the genuine staff of Hermes, for it is indestructible. It's about as tall as Cain is, and is a fairly astute bludgeoning weapon. It is adorned with medium sized wings at the top in its usual form, and is coiled around by snakes. The gaps between these coils are large enough for a hand to hold. Every descendant of the Alabaster line has these custom fitted for their hands. The Staff of Hermes won't work for anyone that isn't an Alabaster, and will burn their skin on contact if they touch it. Even people immune to heat and fire will get a burning sensation.

Dead Master (Finished) Tribal_staff_of_hermes_outline_by_thecrimsonseas-d399g2b

The Staff is also at her beck and call. If she calls it, it will return to her.

When using her necromancy powers, the Staff of Hermes becomes the Scythe of Hades. It is as tall as her and is pitch black everywhere.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality: Cain has always been a little rough in terms of personality, and this has progressed even more so ever since her father's disappearance. She really is a nice person at heart, but to keep up her alter ego, she has become even more of a stereotypical boy. She likes to act like a bad boy, being kind of rude, coming off as cool, and trying to be as independent as she can. She's not really stubborn about being independent; as she actually aspires to be one of the Teen Titans, and looks forward to working with them on missions to bring balance to the city.

However, she is bound and determined to retain her boy alter ego to other people; not wanting anyone to know she is in fact a girl. Her father always wanted a son instead of a daughter, and had actually considered drowning her in the sea on their island when she was born. By a miracle on a whim, he decided to raise her, and was actually a pretty good father as far as they go, but Cain could always see that she was not originally what her father wanted, knowing that he wanted more out of her as an apprentice of the family line.

She also knows that there are set gender roles within society, and that, generally, males are treated better than females. Some people don't think of it that way, but most of society does, so she thinks everything will work out better for her if she is interpreted as a male instead of a female. Truthfully, however, though she would never admit it, a master psychiatrist or psychologist could probably discern that she is actually trying to be who her father always wanted her to be.

Strengths: Strong willed, determined, doesn't bend under pressure easily, is confident, and assertive.

Interests/Habits: Cain is a pretty strong Magic: the Gathering player, having won multiple national and global competitions. She's pretty much a genius at it, and while she has expressed some skill in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon card games, she prefers to stick to Magic, for that seems to be her strong suit. Cain will also sometimes smoke to more surely reinforce her masculine personality. She also likes nearly every weapon, and is an avid fan of martial arts. She's also a big fan of rock music.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members: Jason Alabaster (Father) (MIA)
Place of Origin: An island somewhere in the UK, so far only inhabited by the Alabaster family, but not far from the mainland of Great Britain. Her father always dubbed it as Alabaster Island.
History: Seras was born on an isolated island not far off of the mainland, and raised by her father and mother in the estate there. She would often go on trips months long to her uncle's place on the mainland, so she actually did get some social interaction. She became addicted to rock music, her father not approving.

Her father trained her in the customs of her family so that she could become a proper heir, and she excelled in all of her lessons, wanting to make her father proud. She exceeded his expectations, and was always willing to learn what he had to teach her. Alongside physical studies, she also had booklearning to do, learning many different languages by the time she was fifteen. These languages were Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Latin, Icelandic, Vietnamese, and Korean.

After many years of training without incident, there was suddenly a flash of light, and her father was gone. Cain was a bit of a rebel at this point, so she took her father's staff and went to America, deciding to try and find her place in the world using her father's studies, but her own kind of magic.

Sample rp: Seras sat in a criss-crossed position, meditating in front of her father with her eyes closed, trying to become at peace with the world and collect her magical energies.

"Good, Seras. Just like that. Keep focusing until you reach the wellspring."

"I know, dad," Seras said a bit frustratingly. Jason shrugged off her begrudging attitude, deciding it was teenage rebellion and nothing more that he needed to be concerned about. He kept looking at her magical, neon green energy focusing into a perfect sphere above her head.

"That's right, good job Seras. Now, cast your spell."

Seras focused, biting her lip as she began to decide on something. She knew he didn't like it, but decided that she should be more assertive, and then said, "Irooni."

Jason blinked, before scowling. It was a great magic spell, but it shouldn't be the type that Seras was investing into.

"Seras, we've been over this. I appreciate that you're trying to take your own twist on our magic, but-"

"But what?!" Seras snapped. "How am I supposed to become a great mage if you won't even let me do what I want?"

She closed her eyes before her father could make another response, growling a bit to herself as she prepared herself for a scathing response. She waited for a few minutes, and all that awaited her was silence. She popped an eye open, discovering her father was no longer in sight. She became perplexed. He had no invisibility spells. And she would have heard him if he moved; she had been trained to do that. She scanned for his presence a few hours later using one of his complicated spellbooks, but couldn't find him anywhere on this plane of existence.

A couple more hours later, she took his left behind staff, and got ready to go.

"It was about time you stopped lecturing me anyways."[/color]

Last edited by Wrath on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Claimed. Expect a reply soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Edits made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Thanks for your patience. I've been out of town the last few days. I'll be posting final comments soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:19 am

Starting a Game- How long does it take her to enforce the rules of a game? Are there any gestures, riddles, incantations involved? What is the range in which she can enforce a game? How many opponents can she enforce the rules on at one time? I'm assuming that she can only enforce 1 game at a time, correct? What is the minimum time between games?

Riddles vs Gibberish- As we discussed before, there has to be some way for logically find out what the rules of the games are. The rules for the color game are fine now, since the other player doesn't need to call out a color of their own in order to deal damage. Still, it should be made clear whether only Cain can call out the color, or whether opponents can chose to take a color other that what he calls out. The Risk/Reward system should be explained again with this in mind. As a suggestion to add some flavor, Cain could say some sort of riddle when she instigates a game (not only this one, but all of them). Considering she has a riddle as her character quote, I'd say this would be appropriate. I'm no poet, but something like "If you attack...go for the black," (again, bad example) would explain the rules for each game in a cryptic, yet decipherable way.

Mountain Demon and Shadow Demon need some sort of clue as to the rules. They could have riddles of their own.

Slender is fine, but seems to be a last resort move.

Liar Liar is fine, since she has to obey her own rules.

Blank Slate is fine, because opponents must agree to the rules.

Alchemy- Being able to perform alchemy would probably be considered a power, unless otherwise explained.

Magical Staff- Magical or otherwise wondrous items count towards power limits, so either the staff, martial arts, or peak condition would have to go. Martial arts or peak human condition could be downgraded into skills like martial arts experience (instead of mastery) or "good" physical conditioning (instead of peak). The staff could be nerfed as well. If you choose to keep the staff, then we need a list of the things it can transmutate into.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 am

A second at most.

She needs to speak the name.

Range is not a factor of invoking a game. However she can't just think of someone and initiate it. She has to be nearby them.

As many opponents as is necessary.

Correct.

If she "wins" a game, Cain can start another one that instant. If she suspends a game, I suppose you're going to make it take at least five minutes until she can start another one.

I never made it clear because there was a grammatical error. When I said "both players pick a color", I meant they each choose a color.

I'll expand on the risk/reward system.

Not really a point, and I don't mean to lecture you, but it isn't a riddle; it's merely a verse of a poem by Ripley. I'll put the excerpt here if you're curious, but the meaning of the entire section (And the outlining verse I used as a quote) is one must accept self-imposed limitations for the sake of stability.

If you're really interested...:

However I suppose that's deviating from the point. I like the riddle idea, but riddles are only fun when you don't rehash them. I'll use the riddles if I can use different ones each time with the condition that they have to have the same answer for each game it's supplied for.

Slender is a last resort move. It takes a great deal of stamina from Cain (Though she can still move quickly and the like), and Slender on its own is naturally fear-inducing to Cain because she can barely control it. Every time she uses it she has nightmares of it for a few weeks (Just as any other player could), and she uses it when she absolutely NEEDS to stop someone.

I'm glad Liar, Liar got through, but I'd like to point out she has to follow her own rules with every game.

Alchemy was more referring to the fact that she has great scientific knowledge in physics and chemistry and the like, but it only really applies to transmuting her staff.

I'll remove the transmutation.

From my understanding of the rules, us magic users get two additional spells for every power we don't have. Can Cain have two more games, because I was sure magic users could have a maximum of ten spells.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Being nearby someone would make range a factor.

Let me know when you update the risk/reward system.

Riddles were just a suggestion. As long as there is some way to deduce the rules of the game before the opponent is dead, then its fine. Saying the name of the game in Japanese is not quite good enough. If it is said in both Japanese and English, I guess that would be fine.

Wait, she can control Slender at all? If she obeys the rules of her games, then she shouldn't be able to do that. Her opponent will certainly not be able to do that.

Okay, I apparently couldn't count last night, but here's how the powers stand.

Magic Games counts for 2 powers. (This isn't a problem. Don't freak out.) Each use of spellcasting towards your power limit gives you 3 spells. Maximum spell limit is therefore 9, not 10 (that was before the reboot). Cain has 6 spells now, and 1 additional power of martial arts mastery. Subpowers for Martial Arts are weapons training and peak conditioning. That's all fine, but she can't gain an additional game.

If transmutation is removed from the staff, it could possibly be counted as a freebie. I'm on the fence about Cain being able to call the weapon to her hand, so I'll need to think about that for a moment. The staff is already indestructible and will burn anyone else who tries to touch it.

Note of clarification: will the staff burn someone if Cain hits them with it and it touches their skin that way?
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Would 30 feet be acceptable?

As I stated, she can barely control Slender. Not so much as to make it go after someone else, but to prevent it from killing anyone when the game's over. Leaving them unconscious with a severe case of insanity is the most she can mollify it.

Take your time. For the clarification, no, it doesn't burn someone on contact. It's more of a "weapon chooses its wielder" kind of deal. In the Kingdom Hearts franchise, a keyblade will always return to you a few moments after it leaves your hand. In the Naruto series, a sword named Samehada will sprout spikes and spines from its handle when someone it doesn't favor tries wielding it. The burning is to prevent someone from taking the staff from Cain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:25 pm

As long as she says the name of each game in English and Japanese, or gives some sort of riddle when she starts each game, then this character has my approval.

Dead Master (Finished) Riful_11

PS, remember to remove the transmutation ability from the staff.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Requested edits made, if you still feel the need to take a look.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Dead Master (Finished) Approved_by_tarterus_malacor-d69nlgl
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:17 am

Edited Appearance, Powers, Equipment...and Physical Description.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 am

I can't approve this as it is. Needs to be much weaker, and she cannot automatically impose games that take away powers on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Edits:

Added picture
Alias(es)
Classification
Hair Color
Eye Color
Other Traits
Powers
Weaknesses
Equipment
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:44 am

I've added all the requested edits you mentioned in chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Master (Finished)   Dead Master (Finished) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Master (Finished)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teen Titans Legacy :: Mix with the teams :: Archives :: Second Boot :: Active Characters-
Jump to: