Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Vote_lcapBygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Voting_barBygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Vote_lcapBygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Voting_barBygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Empty
PostSubject: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:51 pm

In the dock of Tiger Bay, on the road to Mandalay, from Bombay to Santa Fe, over the hills and far away; Scapegoat had been tracked and attacked at all these locations. Someone wanted to hit him with their rhythm stick. And then maybe burn his corpse inside a divine fire before scattering the resultant ashes to the wind. Effectively destroying little old him. Once and for all.

Given his unique physiology, death was usually nothing more than an occasional inconvenience for Vernon. Akin to a persistent swarm of gnats or Radio 4. However, he didn't feel quite ready to 'commit' to death yet. Life as one of the lifeless just didn't appeal, oddly enough. It was nothing personal – Scapegoat had known and devoured many fascinating and vibrant corpses in his time. Only he understood how badly the group was discriminated against. For example; no inanimate had ever been elected into Presidency. The deck was stacked against them!

With this consideration in mind, Scapegoat began to turn his idea engine to personal preservation. Not a familiar thought process for the ghoul. His mysterious pursuers had forced him to think outside the box. So if he could not hide, then he would have to fortify. Scapegoat went to great expense and effort in building a castle of formidable fortification. A child, age seven, kicked it down. The ghoul packed up his bucket and spade, and left the beach to develop a more effective strategy.

Vernon could only beseech his lord and masters, the demons, to grant him asylum. Unfortunately he wanted to remain on Earth. A large percentage of the hell-spawn population lived in another dimension. Better housing market, you see. This meant his list was woefully short. After some deliberation he picked the residence that knew him best. The ghoul had been present at Mr and Mrs Uchiha's wedding. You couldn't get closer than that. It was decided!

Alas, his reasons for attending the wedding yielded a potential hiccup. On behalf of another demon, Scapegoat had attempted to ruin the happy occasion. He'd opened a portal and unleashed various beings of malicious intent, ravaging the event with carnage and destruction. But that was all probably water under the bridge by now. Demons were a forgiving bunch after all. Or was that foreboding?

It was quarter-to-seven in the morning. Scapegoat had been directed to Jump City and was now stood outside a comic-book store. He craned his neck back until he could see the guttering directly above, remaining stationary for a while. In his hands was a full-sized cake. It was iced with the word 'SORRY' to help facilitate their inevitable reconciliation. As Vernon continued to stare, no one happened to peel back the curtains. They were possibly asleep. No matter.

A rock smashed said upper window. Scapegoat hoisted back up the cake and looked towards the entranceway excitedly for a response.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 pm

A loud curse word was yelled at by the female owner of the said window, an angered fox-woman with terrible bed hair glaring at Scapegoat from the window, being able to read the sorry cake "yeah you'll be sorry when I'm done with ya" muttered the English born Kitsune living in America, grabbing a dressing gown and storming downstairs and opening the shutters, Nina folding her arms as she glared at Scapegoat, Kyte had gone to work on an early assignment, having left Nina alone in the house with of course the usual clan bodyguards who were already cleaning up the glass, Nina waited for Scapegoat to approach, looking like an owner ready to scold it's puppy who had just pooped on the new carpet, except there was no hint of sympathy or puppy-dog-eyes persuasion at all here.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 am

Both of the chains, that were coiled around Vernon's arms beneath his sleeves, gained a single link. Petty vandalism didn't account for much, but it was still a sin worth committing. Every moment on Earth that he earned was precious. The ghoul shifted his weigh from foot to foot, eagerly awaiting his reception. In short order the metallic shutters lifted, revealing Mrs Uchiha. She looked distinctly displeased, which was understandable. How could people be expected to function at this hour without cake? Thank goodness he'd thought ahead.

Or it was possible she didn't appreciate rocks flying through her windows. Who could tell? “It's alright. There's no cause to be alarmed. I'm a professional.” Scapegoat claimed with a reassuring tone, “I screw up for a living.” At this the chains would float freely from his sleeves and make a quick hangman motion around his neck, which he played for comic effect.

When his light-hearted attempt to be humorous failed his expression would sadden somewhat. The ghoul was a sorry sight to behold, both dishevelled and grubby. Though he hoped to inspire sympathy for his cause, the demon seemed entirely immune, “It's me, Nina! Just wanted to catch up on old friends. Your door is a little locked. Can you let me now please?” He tugged on its handle.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 am

Nina sighed, her heart had softened for the poor ghoul who was forced to atone for each of his sins each time, taking the key out of her dressing gown pocket and unlocking the door "that cake better be jam and cream...and no letting any demons in you hear?" she asked, taking her finger and wiping some icing off the cake, sniffing it for poison and tasting it then making an approving sound "hm ok what do you want then?" she asked, both her hands now on her hips as she stared at him.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 am

At last his plightful nature appeared to break through. Scapegoat beamed with happiness as she relented. One step closer to salvation. Which was weird for someone who considered damnation their salvation. But never the matter. He readily confirmed the cake Nina described and was eager to agree with her condition, "No demons whatsoever. Oh certainly. Though Kyte might be a bit upset. He lives here, y'know. You might have bumped into him once or twice under the duvet."

Upon admittance he held the cake forward like a platter. Delicious it may have been, but Scapegoat himself couldn't eat it. He was intolerant to its ingredients. Those ingredients being 'food'. If it wasn't dead and rotting, it wasn't his idea of palatable. At least this had robbed him of the temptation to steal a slice.

"How did you know I wanted something? Was it the cake? At six in the morning? Because in France this would be entirely unsuspicious." Standing in the comic isles, Scapegoat noticed a bit of icing on Nina's face, "You have a little something..." He handed her a comic to wipe up with. Its intrinsic value was lost on him, having only ever experienced Beanos and Dandys.

"Guess there's no point keeping up my cunning ruse any longer. Who in their right mind comes to visit you guys, anyway? Heh." He nudged her in a jesting way, almosting dropping the cake, "Do you have a place where we can sit down and talk? Not that this isn't a very nice... library."
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 am

Nina rolled her eyes, grabbing his hand and calmly putting the comic back, wiping the icing with her thumb as she took the cake from his hands "you want a place to stay don't you" she said as she began walking up the stairs to the living part of the shop "why else would you be begging so much" she added, putting the cake on the kitchen table "pretty sure we have some out-of-date yoghurt" she said "is out-of-date enough?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:39 am

Upon touch, Vernon concernedly drew his arm away from the Kitsune. He hurriedly explained himself, "I wouldn't hold that hand. The last hand this hand was holding had been dead and buried gone a couple weeks." Bacteria wasn't a great concern for ghouls. Sure he could get sick, bit it would take some sort of super-bug to exploit such a hostile body for germs. Likely have to be custom made. He was literally the only person he knew who couldn't even catch a cold.

As they moved upstairs Nina took to speculating his presence. Scapegoat drew back in mock shock, "Begging? I beg to differ! Oh damn. Nevermind." He snickered, "That's half the story. Stay tuned." Eventually they reached a room with chairs. Vernon was seated before an offer of sustenence was made. Congealed food was edible, but it barely took the edge of his eternally aching hunger.

Regardless he'd happyily feast, "That'll be enough! Gimme-gimme-gimme!" Arms stretched out imploringly until the pot was in his grasp. Fiddling with the top, he peeled back the container and wasted no time finding a spoon, licking its contents instead. It was only after he was done that he returned to the outstanding question.

"Preservatives are making me starve. Now then. I don't want a place to stay so much as a sanctuary. You demons understand just how difficult it is to kill a ghoul, don't cha? Body and soul." He swatted some excess yoghurt from his nose, "Well I'm being hunted. A group of clever-clogs figured out how to kill me. Full stop."
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

Nina turned to him and leaned against the kitchen counter "so you're going to bring trouble to my door is that it? Scapegoat we can't be doing stuff like that, I have a job and so does Kyte, we're busy people, we can't go around dealing with people who are after you, what if they kill me and Ky-....what if they kill me" she said looking worried, she wanted to help Scapegoat she really did but...she and Kyte were starting to think about raising a family, she couldn't have her children in danger because of their uncle Scapegoat.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 am

It had been smooth sailing so far. As ever, Vernon blundered his way through afterlife, occasionally embarking on great boons. While Nina had been compliant thus far, she wasn't foolish. As any mother worth her salt, she was inclined to look after her family first. She readily recognised the potential dangers of harbouring fugitives. Scapegoat could respect that, oh yes. He could even admire her, being a demon. But he'd long learned to look after number one. Mrs Uchiha needed a bit of perspective.

“It's understandable. No need to be ashamed. Many of us are vulnerable.” Scapegoat agreed in consoling fashion, “I'm vulnerable. You're vulnerable. You're baby will be especially vulnerable. You can't subject a child to danger like that. It's a blessing these people are ignorant to your existence here.” The ghoul nodded sagely, in utter glee, “Why, the only person they could get your location from is me. Muggins here. And when would they have the chance to do that?"

He leaned forward and spoke carefully, "Because I'm staying here.”
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

Nina glared at Vernon's last words, as if he was letting himself into her own house "if you let any trouble into my house you'll have Kyte to deal with...for now I suppose you want some fresh sheets to sleep in" she said calmly as she stood up and folded her arms then walked to the guest bedroom to get some new sheets ready.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 am

"Trouble? Psha! Doesn't sound like me."

Once more the weathered chains bound to Vernon's wrists began to grow. As Nina left the room, a clever quip rose up to acknowledge the sheets but died before he could speak it. Scapegoat held a hand to his stomach as the cruel pangs of hunger returned. It was never easy to forget his damnation, his blighted existence. But if he could aspire to what these folk were, demons who answered to no one, then it would be worth every ounce of suffering. Every piece of wrong-doing committed by his hand.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 am

Nina just changed the sheets of the guest room's bed, still in her dressing gown but she didn't care much, humming a soft tune as she wondered what Kyte would think about the whole thing, she knew he wouldn't be very happy.

Soon finishing with the bed she decided to get dressed, pulling on a pair of bootcut jeans and a plain black t-shirt she walked back to Scapegoat brushing her hair "okay so your bed is ready if you want to go have a sleep or rest...if you actually sleep or anything" she said calmly.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:19 am

The telltale sign of somebody entering the shop; a bell that rang when the door opened, could be heard from the upstairs living place of Nina and Kyte which Scapegoat was in. Also to be heard was thick boots in a loud, methodical pattern across the store floor and up the steps. The demon known as Kyte would make himself apparent, gun already trained across the room. However, seeing Scapegoat there, Kyte would dissolve Tenebrae, instead taking off his boots at the stairs and making his way over to Scapegoat, pulling up a chair to sit across from him.

Well, if it isn't our old friend Scapegoat. You made our wedding one hell of a party. So what are you doing here at six in the morning? You'll wake the dead, he joked with a smirk.

He looked at Nina, which had come back from setting up the guest room. All humor faded from his face, taking on a serious composure.

Good morning my dear. I'll make breakfast for you in a minute.

He looked back to Vernon with an amused expression.

Surely you must be joking. Give me one good reason I should let you stay here.

Kyte narrowed his eyes at Vernon, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 pm

In the short relapse, Scapegoat had taken to clipping his toenails. Graveyard soil got everywhere. Stick a cotton bud in his ear and it would come out brown. He went to address Nina's interesting question, "I don't know. Never actually seen myself asleep. Once waited in front of a mirror all night to try and catch it. But then I zoned out and missed everything." He laughed at his own joke, "You get it?"

The noises downstairs interrupted his mirth. Vernon slipped back on his sock as he stood, "You bow, I'll curtsey." It was unmistakable who was approaching. With any luck the man would remember him. Else Scapegoat would have to wait until they had another wedding to jog his memory. Which would make living here in the meanwhile very awkward.

Thankfully Scapegoat had one of those unforgettable faces. Hair uncharacteristically white for his age, milky-parts of his eyes tinted yellow. And likely a memorable stench too. Like a crypt-keeper's underwear draw, "Just popped round for a short stay. One - two years at most. Out of your hair in no time." The ghoul was positive, however his chipper demeanor did nothing to soften Kyte's rightful persecution of him.

Understanding Mr Uchiha's ranking amongst demons, Scapegoat knew to be especially careful in formulating his reply. He spoke clearly, "I know I've wronged you in the past, but in my defence, that brought me great pleasure at your expense." An awkward pause, "I mean! It made me feel really, really bad. Reeeaaallyyy."

"But that's kinda my reason. I disrupted your wedding despite knowing full well that you could cause me great suffering. I obey the daftest of whims of any demon with little to no consideration for my own needs. Need a butler? On it. Want me to repay the courtesy a certain fiend paid to your wedding? Can do. Require a crash test dummy for those weapons your wielding? Purpose built. In short - you ain't never had a friend like me."

Scapegoat clasped his hands, "Should I sing the song?"
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Nina smiled when she heard Kyte come home, kissing his cheek when she saw him in the kitchen, noticing the soil and toenail clippings everywhere and feeling a little disgusted "you're cleaning that up with a dustpan and brush" she said simply as she stared at Scapegoat, Kyte said he'd make her breakfast in a minute, she smiled "d'awwh thank you hunny, I knew there was a reason I married you" she said jokingly with a chuckle, kissing the top of his head then walking into the living room to let the men talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)   Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bygones of a Bygone Era (Ask)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next