Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dukes Up (Ask)
Yesterday at 1:39 pm by Ama

» I solemnly swear I am not doing no good [Open]
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:12 am by CM

» how to avoid vanishing [open, it's a plot thread Bow]
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am by Tython

» Make A Meal Of It (Ask)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am by Bow

» Scarlet and Gold (Bloo)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 am by Bow

» The Obituaries (Ask)
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm by Mega

» Hubble Bubble Now There's Trouble (Open)
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm by Brother Grimm

» Alduin Ryzestein
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm by Mega

» Danny Phantom
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 pm by Mega

Top posting users this week
CM

Ama

Top posting users this month
Mega

Tython

DivingDart

Ama

Emmz

Bow

CM

St. Jommy

The Departed

Brother Grimm

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Emmz

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 am
Top posters
Energy

Moon

Hellbreaker

Kyte

Pikazard

Emmz

Ixen

Hotwire

Bow

foalfire

Share | 

The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs   Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 am

So, I got into a fight with Tommy Terror the other day. Man did I lay a whipping on that boy. Came away with a black eye though, should have kept my hands up. Anyway, the fight against him got me thinking about things, how I was able to beat his brains in without taking too much in return, even though he's supposedly just as strong, or stronger than me.

It's really simple, actually, when you think about it. Terror relies on his strength and toughness to beat his opponents. He tries to overwhelm them. Not going to work against someone with a little bit of training. I was able to counter him effectively, and then he opened up and.. WHAMO.. nutkick. Poor guy. Never saw it coming. From that point it was just me mashing his face with my fists.

But beyond that, he didn't FEEL stronger than me. He couldn't really move me. I think this is because even if he's as strong as me, my functional strength and ability to utilize leverages is at a much high level than his is. My training is all about explosive power and functional strength, I don't know if he even trains. He should if he doesn't, but I'm not going to be the person to tell him that. Great, you can lift X amount of weight over your head, thats great that your bench press is X. Wow. I'm impressed! But can you move another person into a position that is advantageous to you if they resist? Can you get in position to do some inside fighting? What if you get pressed up against a wall, do you know how to turn your hips to generate maximum force?

Terror had no clue. He pulled his punches back and pushed them out. It hurt, but it wasn't going to knock me out. Or even do lasting damage other than a little bruising. There was no slap to his punches, no whip, and thus reduced power and they were slow. Bad technique, lowered power, no explosion. I hope any other super stupids I run into in the future are just as wimptastic as him.
Back to top Go down

The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs
Page 1 of 1